User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What a night!

Got a new rex, then went off to the real world for a while.

Came back and decided to become an oil baron, worked out great, got tons of oil and pearls.

Then I pressed too far while grabbing ONE LAST ONE, six megalodons come out of the shadows and my shark abandons me. I know we are both dead...

I get killed.. spawn up at my base right above where I was (and cause I am an idiot) I jump on my dolphin to survey the damage.

My megalodon killed ALL of the other sharks! I gathered my stuff, mounted the (now half health) mega, and started out, ran into two more megas and the dolphin split..

I get back to anchorage and heal up the mega, go back down and theres the dumb dolphin, grinning like a jackass with 3 other dolphins... Wow, what a swim!
View Quote

ROFL....Dolphin wants a harem.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quick update to server.  Server is now back up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
For Strykewolf

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For Strykewolf

http://youtu.be/byXDfszywmI
View Quote

Lulz...that was amusing.   Think he has enough dilos  LOL
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For Strykewolf

http://youtu.be/byXDfszywmI
View Quote

Lol.

I dont have the game but that shit is precisely the kind of crap I would do.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#6]
That was great
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Patching server to 202.0; should be back up shortly.

Current Version: v202.0
* New Creature: Doedicurus! You're gonna love his totally awesome special abilities, that go further than the Dossier -- let's just say, The Blue Blur might be making an appearance on ARK :)
* New Item: Primitive Organic Automated Turret
* New Item: Automatic Spray-Paint 'Gun'
* Servers can now edit a multiplier for player and dino level-upgrade amounts per-stat (and also different numbers in the case of wild dinos).
* Prevent-Friendly-Fire option for PvE servers
* Do a Barrell Roll!
* Shooting arrows/projectiles at unconscious tiny dinos now actually hits them properly
* Fixed aiming of character weapon shooting when carried by a Flyer (previously was very difficult to hit stuff due to a bug)
* Added server option to disable "Friendly Fire" (among tribesmates/tribesdinos/tribesstructures) on PvE
* Whistles and other attached sounds now play properly when riding dinos
* Emotes now work properly when riding dinos
* Fixed another exploit involving players getting under the terrain, and if you do get under the terrain somehow you will be teleported back above it.
* You can now attach electric generators to electric cables after placing cables, they will snap accordingly
* Fixed an exploit where filled water containers could be used forever in recipes that require a filled water container
* Fixed an exploit where you could fill water canteens/jars up fully at a watertank even if you did not have enough water to do so (essentially allowing you to infinitely generate water).
* Fixed issues where you could erroneously create floating structures using fence foundations + pillars
* The destruction time of eggs on the ground is now the same for all eggs, 30 min
* Radio Engram exists again
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#8]

OMG I NEED IT
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Server spooling back up...usually takes a min or two to show up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#10]
WOOO ROCK DINO!!

Looks so much cooler next to lights!
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:39:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Torch!!

Samsquatch Guide

Looks like you had the right idea.  And, around 4 out of 10 will not stop raging.  Replacing the walls after trapping apparently settles them down.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#12]
As things stand right now I won't have internet access from Friday morning to Thursday afternoon (the 28th to the 3rd). My dinos should be safe enough, if someone could swing by and throw some food in the trough for them I would appreciate it. Thanks so much!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Trying to update server...interwebz are not cooperating.  Update delayed for the time being guys.  Will update thread when server is available.

We are currently experiencing network packet loss from multiple services to our host server in New York for our control panel. This is causing slight downtime for processes on these affected machines. We are going through each affected machine and working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you still continue to experience problems with connectivity within the next hour please update us so that we can continue to pinpoint areas of concern and provide solutions. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Blast, my dino misses me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Blast, my dino misses me.
View Quote

Heh...I can't access the server controls at the moment and that means, I can't even turn it off  LOL
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Also.

For steam folks:  Ark:  Survival Evolved is free for this weekend  (Thursday 10AM PST) through til Sunday 1PM PST so folks that haven't been sure they could, can try it now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Blue Fang is still having issues with their control panel access.  Hopefully it'll clear, fairly soon, so we can get up and running again.

Patches to be applied today:

Current Version: v203.2
* 203.2: Fixed client-side memory leak! (also helps perf!)
* 203.1: Gates & Gate Foundations no longer get destroyed when attached to fence foundations (fence foundations are considered valid support for them now).
* Falling vaults don't float on wires anymore and they can fall multiple times now
* Sotf notifications now show up to 4 tribesmates on the tribe eliminated notification, if a sotf server is set to allow 4-player tribes.
* Defaulted max tamed dinos to 5000 up from 3700
* Blueprint cost overrides now are used correctly for reals.
* Spraygun now uses paint up properly
* Ptero now drops its carried character if it barrel rolls
* Now craft-all is limited to 100 iterations to avoid craft-all spam stalls. convenient enough for now ;)
* A dino that was ridden will now take fall damage once if it was unboarded in mid-air.
* Door interaction shouldn't get stuck anymore on client
* Player-level-up multipliers are now used properly when respawning
* Ptero don't allow barrelrolling when encumbered
* Torpored doedicurus will now exit ball-state properly
* Glasses now correctly placed on doedicurus
* All mammoth attacks now will harvest properly
* Fixed a rare server crash involving pickupable structures (sleeping bags, turrets, etc)
* Support for Giant Moon Meteor Extinction Event!

v202.2
* Putting Canteens/Waterskins into taps connected directly to intakes now properly refills them, doesn't break them anymore. Sorry about that!
* Total Conversions are now listed at the bottom of the sessions list when not in a TC
* Failure to join a TC (such as SotF) no longer results in two overlapping popups
* Fixed a crash that some singleplayers were getting after a load
* Fixed another game-load crash case (associated with some Doedicurus functionality)

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Finally!!

Updating server, should be back up shortly.

(ETA)  Oh FFS, now their whole website is down.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Finally!!

Updating server, should be back up shortly.

(ETA)  Oh FFS, now their whole website is down.
View Quote

MUST BREAK ROCKS
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Right? Today is my last day with internet (they come "sometime" tomorrow to unhook it all) and I need to finish my walls and house.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Server is updated and coming back up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#22]
My attempt to use my phone as a wireless hot spot isn't going well.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Get that server up!
I want to tame a Torch!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Working on it.  Maki did parachute testing while leaving the chute on the bird.  Heading for safe areas to log off now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Server patching to 204.  Should be back up shortly.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Working on it.  Maki did parachute testing while leaving the chute on the bird.  Heading for safe areas to log off now.
View Quote

I know I know, I've done the parachute testing myself

Take your time, I am supposed to be patient!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Lulz...he lost his gear but, found the bird.

And, earlier I found one of his missing critters on the way to SB  LOL  A sarco, on wander, near water...is a royal pain in the ass to chase down.

(ETA)  Oh, we get monkeys this patch.   Let the Poo-battles begin!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Server update.   Coming back up.

(ETA) Server patched again, coming back up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#29]
What's up with all the unoffical servers I've found having crazy xp, farming, and taming rates?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What's up with all the unoffical servers I've found having crazy xp, farming, and taming rates?
View Quote

Some folks adjusted the times.  2x, 3x, 4x...that sort of thing.  We didn't bother though, been tempted to trim taming times a time, or three...    Haven't given in to the temptation.  LOL

Once you get rolling, doesn't take all that long to get mats at the standard level of things.  And, taming is alright; nothing says you have to sit there (Well...unless it's a samsquatch...a L1 took me 2 hours...one berry at a f'n time).  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#31]

I run my server at 20x Exp 10x Res 5x Tame, its actually pretty dang fun and honestly the numbers seem more realistic.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Updating server to 206; should be back up shortly.

(ETA)  Server back up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Cable company should be here tomorrow, hopefully early because I miss my dinosaurs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Cable company should be here tomorrow, hopefully early because I miss my dinosaurs.
View Quote

Having withdrawals?  

(ETA)  Also, moved your body inside the center wood building and, put gear on.  Will be parking Mayhem just outside, shortly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Having withdrawals?  

(ETA)  Also, moved your body inside the center wood building and, put gear on.  Will be parking Mayhem just outside, shortly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having withdrawals?  

Is the server down Stryke?  (Maki)
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having withdrawals?  

It's back up.  Noone was on so re-dl'd the last patch to see if that made any difference with the rain bug, or not
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Having withdrawals?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having withdrawals?  

Thank you so much! I have internet again (the withdrawals were real) but I have to put my kitchen table together and get my kids in bed. I should be along shortly though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thank you so much! I have internet again (the withdrawals were real) but I have to put my kitchen table together and get my kids in bed. I should be along shortly though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having withdrawals?  

BUT IM NOT TIRED!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#39]
206.2 is out and supposedly fixes our rain issues.  I'll be in game for a bit, just lemme know if I need to log.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Yay no mo rain!

PATCH IT!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yay no mo rain!

PATCH IT!
View Quote

Hold off for a few, lol, i'm 50% into a spino!

Done, lemme know if I need to sign off..  

Eagle, I've borrowed your spino saddle shortly, wanted to level him while i'm gathering mats for his saddle.  If you want it back, lemme know or just stop by and snag it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Updating to 206.2; server should be back up shortly.

(ETA)  Server coming back up
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Eagle, saddle is back on your spino, fished up enough pearls

If one of you happens to find yourself down by my place this weekend, can you stop in and check on the critters?  I'm on at work till Monday morning.  I'll try to log when I get home in the mornings, just depends how tired I am.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Heh...L10 Alpha Rex wandering between my BR base and the red ob.  Still taming an argent so, haven't tangled with it, as yet

Will have to on the way back to base; at least I have all 4 of my rexes with me.

(ETA)  It's down, eagle brought his three over for brunch.

(ETA2) Remember how I mentioned that I thought there were 2?  There was a black/red as well, ran into him while looking for prime, while dealing with him; carno ate the dang argent.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#45]
That sucks!!  How hard was the alpha rex?
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That sucks!!  How hard was the alpha rex?
View Quote

Our rexes had no real problems with them.  Granted, we've all had ours for awhile...so they're leveled up a bit.

So far, that's 4 we've run into.  One that was hit with 8 rexes, another hit by the same 8, one that was hit with 7, and the last that was hit with 4.  Took a bit of chewing with 4, though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#47]
The one eagle came to help with, just in case.   L10 Alpha:

And, the one I ran into after; was a L3...

Hi, asshole...you're in my way:

Say Cheese, mother-fr's!  

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 1:32:55 AM EDT
[#48]

Very nice!!  So note to self, don't try alpha rex with just Rexy?  (Says the guy that tried an alpha rap with an argent, lololol)
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 1:40:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Very nice!!  So note to self, don't try alpha rex with just Rexy?  (Says the guy that tried an alpha rap with an argent, lololol)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From what I've seen...run your rexes in pairs.   My rexes are all at 4500-5500 health, 500-650 melee; and they wrecked him.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 2:51:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

From what I've seen...run your rexes in pairs.   My rexes are all at 4500-5500 health, 500-650 melee; and they wrecked him.  
View Quote

She's the only one really close to that, guess I need to get one of the kids out and level 'em, probably the white one.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top