View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those megalodons look familiar.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Yours looks so much better than mine did before

I know the windows performance index is dodgy and stupid, but i went from a 5.4 to a 7.9 on graphics card... its really amazing getting 100+ fps on war thunder now
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the arfcom server down right now? I can't seem to find it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like another update is needed.  A few of us have been in for the last couple hours.

(ETA)  We're jumping off to get the server patched up.   I usually check more often but, been tied up in game building some stuff and forgitted.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Looks like another update is needed.  A few of us have been in for the last couple hours.

(ETA)  We're jumping off to get the server patched up.   I usually check more often but, been tied up in game building some stuff and forgitted.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wonder if mountain is going to respawn all resources when the server restarts
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Big update.

Was to 194.0 earlier today...now we're updating to 195.1.      Looks like 300 meg, or better.

Server updated to 195.1...coming back up now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be back as soon as power company gets the juice fowing to my neighborhood again.

Eta:  apparently my anky being stuck does not justify firing up the generator.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll be back as soon as power company gets the juice fowing to my neighborhood again.

View Quote

What kind of logic is that??
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wives and logic, 2 words that don't go together.  I thoughts this would be a good trial run to see if I could still game in a SHTF scenario.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#11]
No critters up here, he said...

And after we get the anklyo unstuck...I wander down the mountain a bit and...  'Hello there Mr. Trex...'

Should still be taming if you get power in the next 3-4 hours.

(ETA)  Fought 3 alpha raptors, so far.  Pretty tough little buggers...wouldn't want to run into them on foot.  They were all around the Blood River area, near the red obelisk.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#12]
 I've never seen a single critter up there.  Well power is on but no A/C so troubleshooting and waiting for the guy that knows what he's looking at to get here.  No A/C in the AZ desert, fun times.

ETA:  Anky unstuck!  Glossed right over that important detail.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
 I've never seen a single critter up there.  Well power is on but no A/C so troubleshooting and waiting for the guy that knows what he's looking at to get here.  No A/C in the AZ desert, fun times.

ETA:  Anky unstuck!  Glossed right over that important detail.  
View Quote

Just above the that shelf/treeline.  Was fighting some sabertooths and going up the hill.  L16.  The alpha raptors were much lower, wanted them for the prime meat for the rex.

(ETA)  Jatobi came on and got the anklyo out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 1:23:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Got him tamed, and down the mountain to the base as dark hit.

And look at what I see...

One from earlier:

Definitely not going to confuse them with regular critters.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Collidable Saddle Platform & Build-on-Saddles:
- Swamp Biome & New Cave
- Snow Biome & New Cave
- Water Raft
- Gigantopithecus: Your autonomous Fiber-gathering, human-tossing buddy
- Driveable Dune Buggy Modding example (we'll let modders have the first crack at vehicles with this example :)
- Human and Dino Warpaint
- Controllable Ballistas/Turrets to place on structures and on the backs of your dinos
- Primitive Organic Automated Turrets ;)
- Powered Elevator Structures
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
- Specific Representative "on-ground" meshes for all dropped items
- Better system for hosting dedicated server mods: now you only need to specify Mod ID's, not maps or paths, and there is automatic built-in downloading & updating of their content, no more manual file copying.
View Quote

From the looks of things...main base will be in a swamp, 2/3 of my route to BR will be through a swamp, Cards place will be in the snow, and my BR base will be beside the snow.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Updating server to 196.0, should be back up shortly.

(ETA) Server coming back up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#17]

pretty new rex from last night.

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Stryke is your server modded at all? I need a new place to cause havoc and don't want to be gaining levels like the kardashians taking selfies. Any rules I should know about?

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Stryke is your server modded at all? I need a new place to cause havoc and don't want to be gaining levels like the kardashians taking selfies. Any rules I should know about?

View Quote

We're just basic PVE; no mods.  We haven't adjusted any rates/difficulties.  You can level fast, depending on what you do...such as being handy when one of us cooks up a few hundred narcotics, and such.

We're pretty casual, only around 4 of us that play a lot, another 4-5 that play on occasion...though rarely.  Just pin what you don't want folks being able to use...whats not locked is considered open for use.

(ETA)  Think the only thing we did was turn off friendly damage.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Updating server to 2.0 (or 200  ) should be back up shortly.

(ETA)  Server coming back up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
We're just basic PVE; no mods.  We haven't adjusted any rates/difficulties.  You can level fast, depending on what you do...such as being handy when one of us cooks up a few hundred narcotics, and such.

We're pretty casual, only around 4 of us that play a lot, another 4-5 that play on occasion...though rarely.  Just pin what you don't want folks being able to use...whats not locked is considered open for use.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No PvP?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Lulz...they managed to fubar some stuff.

For a bit there, 1 tranq arrow would drop a spino, rex, bronto...whatever you shot with it.    Thought about taking advantage of that.  

(ETA) Updating server to 200.2; should be back up shortly.

(ETA2)  Server coming back up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No PvP?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No PvP?

Nope.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#24]
It's a PVE server with Arfcomers, not pubbies.  You sure you want to play on our server?  
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Ark: Survival Evolved.

On sale for 23.99 until August 20th.  Just a heads up for folks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It's a PVE server with Arfcomers, not pubbies.  You sure you want to play on our server?  
View Quote

Didn't know you played there.

Sorry, Stryke, I'm good where I'm at.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry Maki...yeah, I was ingame...had to go afk a short.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Sooooo....eagle is having a rough time tonight.

Replace 'Who made who" with 'Who killed who'...with regards to his encounter with a rex, this eve...   Replace semis in the videos with the T.rex, as well...  

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#29]
2 days searching for a rare flower...

DONT WASTE POINTS ON THE RE-FERTILIZER

Thats all I got.. mammoth and carno for scale
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Apparently it used to be a rare mushroom you needed, and you could grow one plant with it. What you show is marginally better, but still super not worth it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried looking for the arfcom server but nothing came up. Unofficial with password protected checked.

I found it, had to refresh a few times for some reason.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Apparently it used to be a rare mushroom you needed, and you could grow one plant with it. What you show is marginally better, but still super not worth it.
View Quote

1 × Rare Flower
1 × Rare Mushroom
4 × Sparkpowder
1 × Fertilizer
3 × Oil

total ripoff
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

1 × Rare Flower
1 × Rare Mushroom
4 × Sparkpowder
1 × Fertilizer
3 × Oil

total ripoff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1 × Rare Flower
1 × Rare Mushroom
4 × Sparkpowder
1 × Fertilizer
3 × Oil

total ripoff

Yeah, seems like it.  They should just change the 'no-grow' distance to 10-20 meters and call it good.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Tamed a bunch of dodos last night, and while I was heading out to look for a spot to call my own I got eaten by a sarco and went to bed. I'm sure all my dodos are dead as well. Basically a typical night in Ark.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Tamed a bunch of dodos last night, and while I was heading out to look for a spot to call my own I got eaten by a sarco and went to bed. I'm sure all my dodos are dead as well. Basically a typical night in Ark.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can be.  If you are on our server, have you been tribed, yet?  If so, park your gear and use the beds as teleports.  Inland can be a bit rough, plenty of room in the south...though that is sarco territory.

Also, server updated to 201.0; coming back up.

((The mislabeled it so it'll show as 200.0))

Current Version: v201.0
* New Dino: Gigantopithecus: Your autonomous Fiber-gathering, helmet-wearing, human-tossing buddy-for-life!
* New Items: SCUBA Gear set. Heck yeah!
* Fixed a bug where mateboost was breaking after a dropping a dino... and other bad things were happening due to that too :-P
* Titanboas now drop eggs ;) Titanboa kibble is for Gigantopithecus, Dodo Kibble is now for Ptera
* Max Player level raised to 80 and max player XP raised to 185,000
* Various improvements to the Dye UI layout and flow (you can now switch dyes dynamically when dying items, etc)
* AZERTY/Slovak Keyboard bindings now work
* _THE_ TRIBE BUG IS FIXED! No more randomly messed-up Tribes!!!! (going forward ;)

* We now support global, dynamic Official Server bans. So please please don't use hacks, or we'll have to find out, and then we will have to ban... :( . Also, player run servers will have the option of using our global ban list, or pointing to any online ban list that they want. That goes in your server's GameUserSettings.ini:
[ServerSettings]
BanListURL="http://playark.com/banlist.txt"

* ARK Server Manager now works remotely and can install/manage Mods/Maps/TC's remotely :)
* New option to use toggle-talk instead of push-to-talk
* Being Kicked from a session during connection (including Bans) no longer results in you getting stuck a loading screen. Now you'll actually get back to the main menu with correct message.
* Fixed a SpawnEgg() load crash some people were getting
* Added a server-configurable chat spam interval
* Fixed an issue with destroying wires causing destroying of attached objects
* Fixed a color modifier brightness exploit
* Fixed issue with not getting more Jerky created from Preserving Bin if you already have Jerky+Meat in it
* Lazarus Chowder now lasts 10 min instead of 15 min

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Leah got invited and flown to main last night, has a metal pike pick hatchet and sickle

This update sounds sweet, lets go!

ETA
Can't see the server
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#37]
First of a couple expected patches being applied; server should be back up shortly.

(ETA)  Server coming back up.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Well...heh...cannot connect to steam...they just asplode?

(ETA)  Nevermind, local interwebz farted.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Leah got invited and flown to main last night, has a metal pike pick hatchet and sickle.
View Quote

Not anymore.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leah got invited and flown to main last night, has a metal pike pick hatchet and sickle.

Not anymore.

In the main base, in the wooden sstructure in the big rocks; in the room with the firepits and such...you'll see a bed with a large storage on one side, and 2 on the other.  I just restocked them with metal tools and chitin armor pieces the other night; should be able to resupply there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

In the main base, in the wooden sstructure in the big rocks; in the room with the firepits and such...you'll see a bed with a large storage on one side, and 2 on the other.  I just restocked them with metal tools and chitin armor pieces the other night; should be able to resupply there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not anymore.

You guys are too nice, thank you!
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Was doing some figuring and came to the conclusion that my building was overtaking my ability to get enough wood at the BR base..and that's when I heard a familiar sound outside my house...

Wonder how long he'll live.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I WANT SNOW BIOMES ALREADY!!!!!

And fucking skis too!

I think right now the main group is re-establishing in the north.  So we do have a south base, central east coast base, and now several north bases.

Several mining camps too.

However I did manage to fail horribly tonight and try to take my first carno to kill an alpha raptor...lvl 2....yeah bad idea we both died!
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I WANT SNOW BIOMES ALREADY!!!!!

And fucking skis too!

I think right now the main group is re-establishing in the north.  So we do have a south base, central east coast base, and now several north bases.

Several mining camps too.

However I did manage to fail horribly tonight and try to take my first carno to kill an alpha raptor...lvl 2....yeah bad idea we both died!
View Quote

Wait...the alpha raptor won?   Cornelius frowns upon this misinformation.

(ETA)  If this helps:  You cannot outrun them, don't try to break, don't get fancy...it is a fight to kill.  Period.  Go full on, donky-kong, and let the chips fall where they may.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Guess it's a good thing I KOS any alpha raptor/carno I see?  Haven't run into an alpha rex, as yet.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Guess it's a good thing I KOS any alpha raptor/carno I see?  Haven't run into an alpha rex, as yet.
View Quote

The alphas raptor/carno arent a max for a rex as ive had no issue.  However, I will probably shy away from a alpha rex right now....
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Well this was fun, not. Thanks to sseagle for saving me.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/IpyNsop.jpg?1
View Quote

I don't consider you dying then having you fall back into the hole so I could find you to be saving...
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't consider you dying then having you fall back into the hole so I could find you to be saving...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/IpyNsop.jpg?1

Hey, I didn't lose any of my stuff so I consider that a win.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#50]
What a night!

Got a new rex, then went off to the real world for a while.

Came back and decided to become an oil baron, worked out great, got tons of oil and pearls.

Then I pressed too far while grabbing ONE LAST ONE, six megalodons come out of the shadows and my shark abandons me. I know we are both dead...

I get killed.. spawn up at my base right above where I was (and cause I am an idiot) I jump on my dolphin to survey the damage.

My megalodon killed ALL of the other sharks! I gathered my stuff, mounted the (now half health) mega, and started out, ran into two more megas and the dolphin split..

I get back to anchorage and heal up the mega, go back down and theres the dumb dolphin, grinning like a jackass with 3 other dolphins... Wow, what a swim!
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top