Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]

So which is down-your game rig, or the server?

Nick

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So which is down-your game rig, or the server?

Nick

View Quote

should be his rig, the server is hosted in dallas threw a game server company
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i have a gtx480 not being used. it has a waterbock on it but still have the stock cooler somewhere. pm me if you are interested.
View Quote

Doesn't look like it will swap, unfortunately.

Looks quite a bit different than the gtx460m I pulled out of it, this morning (ASUS G73Sw Laptop).  Currently waiting on funds to transfer to my paypal from my bank account so I can order a replacement.  No one had one locally, that I called any ways

Hopefully have it back up, and running, this next weekend.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm pretty sure there are 1 or 2 better cards you can upgrade to in that laptop, confirmed working.  Might require a BIOS flash but that's not hard at all.

There are also various heatsink mods available to increase cooling since those laptops can run a little hot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure there are 1 or 2 better cards you can upgrade to in that laptop, confirmed working.  Might require a BIOS flash but that's not hard at all.

There are also various heatsink mods available to increase cooling since those laptops can run a little hot.
View Quote

Does that run an A or B slot?

If it's a B, yep, there are some real beast cards out there for it...assuming the BIOS doesn't shit a brick about them.

Nick

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If it's a B, yep, there are some real beast cards out there for it...assuming the BIOS doesn't shit a brick about them.

Nick

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nick

Not sure how to tell?  Wouldn't mind bumping it up; been looking but, not seeing a lot of info being handy on it.  Looked at some pics of the 680 above and it looks, to me, that it would slot in but, that the heatsink assembly wouldn't transfer...and, that it appeared that it would project farther than the 460 did.

(ETA)  Even with regular blow outs with air, once I got it completely disassembled; the inner fins had blockage.  CPU side was 10-15% blocked and GPU side was 90+% blocked.  Since I had the assemblies off, brushed them both clear.  Looks like I'll have to do a complete tear down every couple years if I get it back up and running.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Okay, did a little research (should have done that BEFORE opening my mouth ), and your laptop uses a variant of the standard MXM 3.0 B.

Physically, it fits, but the card layout has the GPU not contacting the heatsink properly.

You are limited to the Asus proprietary cards unless you want to mod the heatsink.

As well, the higher power cards (GTX780M and such) may need a mod to use a more powerful power supply brick (the 230's use a longer plug, so they need a new socket soldered to the board).

Kind of a big can of worms going higher than a 560M from another Asus.

Nick

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, sort of what I was seeing, as well.  Have amused myself watching/reading some of the mods folks have done to get some stuff to work, however.

Does look like I'll need to stick with the 460M...which is fine.  Only need the laptop to run a few more months to an year, or so before I can replace it and...it runs everything currently out, gaming wise, loike a champ...would still be doing so if I'd of worked up the courage to do a full disassemble earlier.  

Now to find one.  Most of what I'm seeing are used cards, which I'm leery of ordering.   But then, the new ones I've come across are $200 + .  So it looks like I'll end up ordering one of the used ones that have been tested.

The 560 looks like a direct swap though folks have had issues with the motherboard not recognizing it properly.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Beaver dams drop a lot of cementing pastes. I got 700 from 1 outside south base.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Back up and running.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Giga will get a laser head...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone been to the Volcano lately?

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Server updated to 239.0 and is back up.

Current Version: v239.0
* New Creature: Direbear!
* New Creature: Manta!
* New Structure: Chemistry Table!
* New Structure: Primitive Cannon!
* Broodmother Boss Arenas
* Added 2 more Player and Dino Max Levels
* Fixed timeouts that people were getting connecting to servers that used lots of Mods
* Fixed issue with placeable explosive/traps collisions
* Fixed physx issue that could cause excessive server lag
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Chemistry table at The Volcano. There is also a blueprint on the Fabricator.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmm anyone see my quetz or a ptredon die? the disappeared.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Were they fed? I know dinos have been starving to death and messages not showing up in the logs.

What level were they?

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Rest in pieces qBird.    

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:16:11 AM EDT
[#18]
SO I have been playing solo and having a great time dieing repeatedly......just can't seem to keep my finger off the dismount button....." you have killed yourself" "you have deployed your parachute"---you should not see those messages at the same time.
Lost a dire bear already and I have two alphas on the plain kinda near my base......ouch. I hope I can get them to fight.
I moved from the beach to hidden valley and then found out that living there turns off the beacons.....dammit.
Beavers aplenty and great loot if you don't mind having a beaver mad at you.
One of my earlier mistakes was picking up an egg on the beach...brontos stay pissed a long time.
I turned tame time down so now I am collecting them all.....after I found out you can't tame the glowy one....ouch. again
I tamed a carno today but he is enraged and stuck in a tree....fml
Just fumbling thru and having fun being the only human on the island....except for them samsqatches.....they are fun to feed a crocodile to

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Remap your use key to the other hand

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep I put it on num 7
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Server updated to 240.1 and coming back up.

Current Version: v240.1
Fixes require Server Update!
* Fixed Bola damaging you on Spike Walls
* Fixed Bola FPV mesh
* Fixed fish meats not cooking in pre-240 campfires and grills
* Fixed harvesting Salmon with Sickle (yields high quantity of Prime Meat)
* Fixed Arthropluera not being able to fit thru Caves/Gates (reduced collision size)

v240.0
* New Creature: Lystrosaurus!
* New Creature: Arthropluera!
* New Creature: Sabertooth Salmon, with Fish Meat!
* New Weapon: Primitive Bolas!
* Megapithecus Arena
* Added Option to Disable Melee Camera Swings (including 'Harvesting Head Wobble')
* Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#22]
So they are changing the biomes AGAIN(after they said they wouldn't on this map)  Looks like False and Flea are going to get hit along with the Hunting Lodge.
Now where to evacuate the Gigas to?
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/community-crunch-46-ark-digest-30-r182/

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#23]
dam this game was fun and all but the creators cant make their mind up on what they want to do and keep changing stuff till it brakes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like reducing the swamp area, expanding the snow area, and adding..???  Redwoods?  Apparently?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks like reducing the swamp area, expanding the snow area, and adding..???  Redwoods?  Apparently?
View Quote

How bad will this fuck up existing structures?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would suspect anything in the areas being changed would go bye-bye.

Nick

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

ETA: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/community-crunch-46-ark-digest-30-r182/&page=2

Nick

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/community-crunch-46-ark-digest-30-r182/&page=2

Nick

I'm back on the disabled list for a while, I might come back.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea.

Judging by the map, my place is unaffected. If I can get the game updated today, I'm gonna log in and get back to work.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#30]
hmm mines on the border... Im scared
as a side note... apparently they are working on procedurally generated worlds...
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It will range from no real problems, maybe a rock respawn that you can simply mine away to the terrain elevation changes by 30 feet(as what happened over at the old main base)

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe I'm not coming back. My FPS dropped to 10-15 on the same system and same settings I had before.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
dam this game was fun and all but the creators cant make their mind up on what they want to do and keep changing stuff till it brakes.
View Quote

To be fair the game is still in alpha - they will be adding a ton more stuff before they're through.

I'll probably come back once they are into beta or even totally done with it. The performance is just too bad as it stands.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

To be fair the game is still in alpha - they will be adding a ton more stuff before they're through.

I'll probably come back once they are into beta or even totally done with it. The performance is just too bad as it stands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They keep talking about a June release. That's only a month away to fix a lot of performance issues. And let's be honest, they should have been optimizing the game more and adding less new critters over the past 6 months. The dinosaurs are starting to smell like battlemechs, if you know what I mean.

edit: NVM about the June release. They announced yesterday that full release is being pushed to 'the holiday season'

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/community-crunch-46-ark-digest-30-r182/&page=2

Due to our increased feature and content goals (over 100+ dinos up from launch of 70, and more Mod and Design systems), full launch has been moved to the Holiday Seasons in order to meet all of our development goals and achieve simultaneous release on all platforms. ARK will get an increasing pace of updates going forward, however, as we drive hard towards that.

Translation: We're gonna keep adding new critters and shiny stuff to distract you from the extremely low FPS and constant stuttering and mini rollbacks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We're gonna keep adding new critters and shiny stuff to distract you from the extremely low FPS and constant stuttering and mini rollbacks.
View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Bingo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're gonna keep adding new critters and shiny stuff to distract you from the extremely low FPS and constant stuttering and mini rollbacks.

Bingo

in other words in my eyes its already out not an alfa when they are rolling out new dino's and map stuff.  to me alfa "testing" is to see if it is working on a bunch of different computers and if not fix it. it has been out so long that to me it has been a released game just not "officially" without a big party saying they are done. so when they are saying "ohh dont worry its just an alfa game it will get fixed eventually", is them being lazy and just using it as an excuse while they pile other stuff in.

also a true alfa/beta testing usually dosn't have people pay to play their broken games to test them out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#37]
It's out of Alpha the second they start charging money for it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#38]
you sure you have the same settings and command lines? they seem to get reset on some patches,
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really wish They would fix this instead of adding more Dinos.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. I was excited about my new graphics card, but even with that Ark is still shit. All my other games look amazing though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Updated map

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#42]

The other highlighted areas, are areas of change. The swamp isn't being made into a tiny small piece, it is still rather large - it's just a far majority of it will be unaffected by this map change, which is why it is not highlighted on the map - however the areas that are highlighted, will change.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:58:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The other highlighted areas, are areas of change. The swamp isn't being made into a tiny small piece, it is still rather large - it's just a far majority of it will be unaffected by this map change, which is why it is not highlighted on the map - however the areas that are highlighted, will change.

I see the north west and that giant island in the south is highlighted. What are they changing? I am at work and can't see what the changes are.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Well folks.  It's that time again.

Server comes due on the 20th; if you wish to contribute please do so.  If you need my info, drop me an im or holler and I'll get it to you.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Any Ark XBOX players? Need a group of solid bros to bro out with.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Server comes due on the 20th; if you wish to contribute please do so.  If you need my info, drop me an im or holler and I'll get it to you.

Thanks again.
View Quote

I'll kick in. Send me a PM with the info?

And has anyone checked out the different maps? Iirc, there's a new official map available. Might be a nice change of pace to get people on the server till official release.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And has anyone checked out the different maps? Iirc, there's a new official map available. Might be a nice change of pace to get people on the server till official release.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again.

ooooooOOOOooooooo that may bring me back if the new map is used. atleast for a little while

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again.

ooooooOOOOooooooo that may bring me back if the new map is used. atleast for a little while

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/477752885623111017/AE5E3D02AB0087748F0F8E5487005255BF2506FC/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to=*,*|637:358&background-color=black

Is that the new approved map, called Center, I think? From what I was reading, they have a contest going, the winning map was pulled from the contest and made official and the contest is still running so we could see a 3rd approved map.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Is that the new approved map, called Center, I think? From what I was reading, they have a contest going, the winning map was pulled from the contest and made official and the contest is still running so we could see a 3rd approved map.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/477752885623111017/AE5E3D02AB0087748F0F8E5487005255BF2506FC/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to=*,*|637:358&background-color=black

yah it is http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=614734500
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll kick in for the server, regardless. But it might be a good idea to switch maps, just to keep things interesting and maybe get some interest going again.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top