Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Server will be coming down in a few minutes for a transfer to new server center and SSD hard drive.  Still with the same folks, some of the issues have been, apparently, due to Ark and standard hardrives not liking each other.

(ETA) Server will be down for 2-4 hours, closer to 2 if no issues.
View Quote
Good luck!

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI: Be careful with the T button whistle commands when inside a base. Everything at south base, including all of the rexes, were set to passive.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Server is back up.

(ETA)  You may have to do a manual search on the unofficial list, make sure password protected is checked and use ARFCOM as the search term.  At least I had to, the my survivors listing didn't show it until I manually searched for it.

Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]
so anyone had this problem ith gates before?

Did itjust sap wrong?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Wrong gate door, is the only thing I can think of.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Updating serve and running a validate files on it.  Shouldn't take long, and yeah...shoulda validated last night but, was too damn sleepy.  

(ETA)  That was fast...server coming back up.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wrong gate door, is the only thing I can think of.
View Quote

hmmm per steam forum it may be just that...
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Server updated to 224.1 and is back up.

Current Version: v224.1
Unversioned Hotfixes: Fixed Compy attack damage in singleplayer. Fixed formatting of some Server Logs (killed messages etc). Fixed Tribe Log Promotions/Demotions (requires server update.)
* Fixed issue with Doedicurus always being defensively curled up. (Requires Server update)
v224.0
* New Creature: Compsognathus! Time to form your own Compy gang :)
* New Structures: Rocket Turret, Sea Mine, Wall Lamps!
* New 'Weapon': Magnifying Glass!
* Tribe Admin Logs (which can also act as effective "offline event" logs even for solo players!!!!). Server can set "MaxTribeLogs" in Server Game Mode INI, which determines how many Tribe log entries are kept per Tribe (default 100, set it to 0 to disable the system).
* Custom RP-oriented Recipe/Cooking System (including Skill-Based results) -- finally, you can now create your own unique recipes for S### Burgers)! Servers can optionally disable this feature in their GameMode INI via "bAllowCustomRecipes=false"
* +3 Max Survivor Level, +3 Max Dino Level
* Raised Official Server Max Structure & Max Tamed Dino Limits by 20%
* Owned or Claimable Rafts can now be "Demolished", and destroyed Rafts now sink to the ocean floor
* Server Admin Logs (including RCON support) , launch with "-servergamelog" and use RCON command "getgamelog" to print 100 entries at a time also outputs to dated file in in "\Logs", adjust max length of RCON buffer with commandline:
?RCONServerGameLogBuffer=600
* bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos Server GameMode INI option to allow spike walls to damage wild/riderless Dinos
* Fixed underwater ice cave that was deleting Dinos
* Fixed Dino walking-backwards movement animations
* Improved and optimized IK on most Dinos
* Improved Dino navigation logic to better dynamically navigate around other Dinos
* Fixed several rare client crashes
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Leah is going to want a ton of them
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Just out of curiosity, now that they've instituted tribal warfare, would there be any interest in friendly PvP matches on the server? Assuming that those desiring combat went into two separate tribes (this makes it very very easy to ensure that the only ones involved are the ones who want to be) and arranged things among themselves, would that be something that anybody would have an interest in?
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just out of curiosity, now that they've instituted tribal warfare, would there be any interest in friendly PvP matches on the server? Assuming that those desiring combat went into two separate tribes (this makes it very very easy to ensure that the only ones involved are the ones who want to be) and arranged things among themselves, would that be something that anybody would have an interest in?
View Quote

All of Ya'll vs my Giga.
j/k

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#13]
You don't know cold

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I can't find the server anymore to log in?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Have you logged in since the server was moved? If not it won't show on your "survivor" list. You'll need to do a search for it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Change to unofficial, make sure the password box is checked and search for ARFCOM.  They shifted us from Chicago to Dallas...standard HD to SSD for the server.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:39:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Change to unofficial, make sure the password box is checked and search for ARFCOM.  They shifted us from Chicago to Dallas...standard HD to SSD for the server.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did that and I still would not pull up. I got lucky and leah logged on and i was able to log in via her being on my friends list. now it is on the my survivors page so I should be good now.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Industrial forge: Level 90, 90 engram points, costs:

2500 × Metal Ingot

250 × Crystal

400 × Oil

400 × Polymer

Runs on gasoline. No word on how fast it smelts metal into ingots.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I cant find any turkeys

IS the killwilddinos command run on server patch?

oh and yard... you have a drop by your front door

and they didn't really fix the ragdolls yet

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#21]
You should see the Giga rag doll at 8:20      

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Two Giga spawned last night south side of Far's peak lvl 20 and 24
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Something isn't right then.  I've checked the command line and it's location in the game .ini.  They shouldn't be spawning at all.  Going to do some more reading, looks like.  Might drop a stat change on them to weaken them, or something...since they're still able to spawn, apparently.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#24]
The Volcano mining camp has been upgraded to the 20th century with electricity and running water among other improvements including a room for an industrial forge.

Will probably rearrange the storage boxes and mortars once a industrial forge is placed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Volcano mining camp has been upgraded to the 20th century with electricity and running water among other improvements including a room for an industrial forge.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643250027190979228/285BF691577378D179B708EB02F17C617DDAB175/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643250027190981151/3C79ACE0EB62CB1194D74FACBC2710DA33F3E45D/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643250027190981501/5CFF14539721806397A6B8CF7E81F72FCA50C385/

Will probably rearrange the storage boxes and mortars once a industrial forge is placed.
View Quote

Are you guys actually collecting all the resources to do this stuff?  I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and it seems like it would probably take many hours every day for months to get to the level of stuff you guys are doing.

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Are you guys actually collecting all the resources to do this stuff?  I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and it seems like it would probably take many hours every day for months to get to the level of stuff you guys are doing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643250027190979228/285BF691577378D179B708EB02F17C617DDAB175/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643250027190981151/3C79ACE0EB62CB1194D74FACBC2710DA33F3E45D/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643250027190981501/5CFF14539721806397A6B8CF7E81F72FCA50C385/

Yes. I have a level 100 or so mammoth, Doedicurus, and bronto all with upgraded melee damage.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 3:09:45 AM EDT
[#27]
YAA!! lvl 40 alpha rex under my bridge base.....i knew i should of made more ammo.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
YAA!! lvl 40 alpha rex under my bridge base.....i knew i should of made more ammo.
View Quote

You failed to mention your two attempts to punch it to death.  Naked.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I went naked just in case i died.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

there has been a lvl 20 there for weeks I think,
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#31]
and dargo... the industrial forge is biiiig it aint fitting in that building.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

and dargo... the industrial forge is biiiig it aint fitting in that building.
View Quote

It should fit in a 3x3x6 room.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 4:41:36 AM EDT
[#33]
So.... What am I missing here? Tried playing for the first time the other night. Connected to the ARF server. Died quite a bit on the beach. Was I supposed to spawn in somewhere in particular?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Glad to see you guys are still going strong. I've been playing Fallout 4 like a lot of other people. Dunno if/when I'll come back to ARK. You guys can have my dinos of course if they're still there.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So.... What am I missing here? Tried playing for the first time the other night. Connected to the ARF server. Died quite a bit on the beach. Was I supposed to spawn in somewhere in particular?
View Quote

generally not really but the tip is if your new do south beach spawn as there is a nice size base there to get you started. if there are people on they usually are very helpful, but there is 1-2 people playing on there that dont talk much if at all so if you see one on it may be them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can take awhile.  You hit a certain point where you have various critters to gather certain things with and, you develop a habit of building things as you gather.  For example...say you have a mammoth - they gather wood/thatch/berries.  Grab a couple stacks of fiber...head out, gather until full; dump the berries, use the wood/thatch gathered (along with the fiber you brought) to make walls...rinse, repeat as necessary.  For metal, ankylos camped up on the mountain...clear, throw it all in the smelter...leave and go do something for a couple hours...fly up, and haul it home to make what you need.

Taming a critter?  Clear the surrounding area...make stone/wood/whatever walls and such ...or, thatch/fiber what you can for when you make another wood run with the mammoth.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

South 1/2 area...is generally the safer area that is set up.  Extensive base with room for folks to build starter homes while they get settled, used to the game, and levelled up a bit.

If you log into it and there are people on; hit enter to open chat, say hi, etc...Me, stevens, leah, eagle, and torch are all admins there.  Granted, I've been playing skyrim a lot, lately...but, folks know to holler at me to come in (via steam) when something is needed.  One of us can get you added to the clan, etc; so you can access things.

If you want, add me on steam...not sure if I show as Strykewolf or Strykewolf67 there...well, whichever one has around 1k hours in ark should be the right one.    Which reminds me that I need to get the new arrivals added to my friends lists in steam so I can holler for folks to get to safe areas when I need to bring the server down to update it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#38]
yep bunch of new folks think there were 12 people on at once last night
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

South 1/2 area...is generally the safer area that is set up.  Extensive base with room for folks to build starter homes while they get settled, used to the game, and levelled up a bit.

If you log into it and there are people on; hit enter to open chat, say hi, etc...Me, stevens, leah, eagle, and torch are all admins there.  Granted, I've been playing skyrim a lot, lately...but, folks know to holler at me to come in (via steam) when something is needed.  One of us can get you added to the clan, etc; so you can access things.

If you want, add me on steam...not sure if I show as Strykewolf or Strykewolf67 there...well, whichever one has around 1k hours in ark should be the right one.    Which reminds me that I need to get the new arrivals added to my friends lists in steam so I can holler for folks to get to safe areas when I need to bring the server down to update it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, there are six of us (Yardgnome, Rezan, Simple Man, 7mm, DD, and I) that are operating out of a base around 68 longitude, 73 latitude.  We'd be happy to give you a hand.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yea, there are six of us (Yardgnome, Rezan, Simple Man, 7mm, DD, and I) that are operating out of a base around 68 longitude, 73 latitude.  We'd be happy to give you a hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am in the area as well and just received a bunch of help and need to pay it forward. Let us know if you need anything
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#41]
oo ark u just be having a bad morning...

platform decided to teleport above orians base and i can walk back and forth between the bird and structure essentially teleporting

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:04:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Hey Firepaw, I was going by your base and saw Rezan was feeding your animals.  Why do you have all these columns around your Giga?

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hey Firepaw, I was going by your base and saw Rezan was feeding your animals.  Why do you have all these columns around your Giga?

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/5935/bV3rZ8.jpg
View Quote

I didnt trust the bastard. Didnt want it to kill everything. Thanks for the help on that Rezan!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:31:41 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I didnt trust the bastard. Didnt want it to kill everything. Thanks for the help on that Rezan!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You might want to ask Flea bout the effectiveness of wood at Giga containment
Oh and who's level 85. I have an industrial forge and oven that needs crafting.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:50:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything I can do to help
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 5:29:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit!  Long time lurker Rezan finally posts!  
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#47]
errr I don't really think wooden columns are gonna slow it down
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Rezan did that Doedicurus tame?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Cyborg-Rex.
And at the on-foot giga tame.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Any ARFCOM servers still up?  Just bought this game.  So far it's like DayZ with dinosaurs and no spawn gear.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top