[#1]
I'm not sure I like the direction the server is headed
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, offered to talk with you on it yesterday and you weren't interested.  

If you'd rather air any grievances, or concerns, here, have at it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, it just won't do any good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Server patched, coming back up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
So I managed to tame a pack of raptors, a carno, and a T rex last night. I find another T Rex and thought about taking it but decided it was too late and went to sleep. Maybe tonight I'll locate and tame a male carno and male T Rex! I can't make the saddles though. Would anybody mind making a couple of carno saddles and another T rex saddle for me please?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So I managed to tame a pack of raptors, a carno, and a T rex last night. I find another T Rex and thought about taking it but decided it was too late and went to sleep. Maybe tonight I'll locate and tame a male carno and male T Rex! I can't make the saddles though. Would anybody mind making a couple of carno saddles and another T rex saddle for me please?

View Quote

Carno saddled, extra carno and rex saddles on rex.  Also saddled 2 of the raptors, didn't have another for the 3rd.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Carno saddled, extra carno and rex saddles on rex.  Also saddled 2 of the raptors, didn't have another for the 3rd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may have some extras at my base, either in the saddle bin in the house or the two boxes out in the field.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I may have some extras at my base, either in the saddle bin in the house or the two boxes out in the field.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fed yer critters little miss awol.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much appreciated. Been working on real life stuff.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for the saddles sir!!! I put a bunch of food in the trough before I logged. I also fed the starving shark that's docked next to the island.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:56:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't suppose you can make a couple of Spinosaurus saddles too can you? I managed to tame one this evening. Tomorrow I think I'll capture another and a T Rex for a breeding pair for eggs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't suppose you can make a couple of Spinosaurus saddles too can you? I managed to tame one this evening. Tomorrow I think I'll capture another and a T Rex for a breeding pair for eggs.
View Quote

Need lots of pearls.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll farm the hell out of some after work tonight then.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]
i dont see the server.... i am updated to 218.1

seems like a  mandatory server update needed.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i found one of your roaming turtles a day or so ago in the swamp. i brought it in let it heal and feed it. its back out in the world some where kicking some ass.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Server is updating to 218.1; should be back up shortly.  Would have been done earlier but, I was asleep (that time of the year when I must wrestle with the instinct to hibernate).  

Current Version: v218.1
* Fixed a savegame loading crash
v218.0
* Quetzalcoatlus & Flying Platform Saddle. (Airship?!)
* Option to Remove the default "sail" from the Raft ;)
* Machined Sniper Rifle
* Tranq Darts
* You can now lock and/or pincode Elevators
* Sarcos now swim in shallow swamp water, making them speedy deadly creatures.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Server updated and coming back up.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#18]
If anyone manages to tame a Quetzal be careful how high you fly.

Fast forward to 28:40

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:58:25 AM EDT
[#19]
I put about 110 pearls in the fabricator and collected 100+ oil too.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If anyone manages to tame a Quetzal be careful how high you fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vRmFJ6MLds

Fast forward to 28:40

View Quote

Who actually flies that high intentionally during regular gameplay?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

i found one of your roaming turtles a day or so ago in the swamp. i brought it in let it heal and feed it. its back out in the world some where kicking some ass.
View Quote

Thanks! I thought they were all dead but that one seems to have soldiered on.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#22]
downloading
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
downloading
View Quote

literally be prepared to die 87 times in the first 30 min.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:52:49 AM EDT
[#24]
yep a few... ohh equal level triceopts... pwnd... random bees pwned.... ok kill an easy diplo... oh here another... oh its lvl 65 pwnned
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Updating server to 218.3; should be back up shortly.

Server coming back up.

Current Version: v218.3
* Quetz platforms now include the weight of all pawns based on them, including the inherent pawn carry weight, causing encumbrance when carrying very large dinos.
* Raised Max KillZ being too low causing some characters to die on a high-flying Quetz platform
* Fixed Quetz damage / warpaint overlay
* Tranq Dart Torpidity effect increased by 100%
* Improved walking on dynamic platforms, Quetz, Raft, etc
* Poison Grenades add 25% more Torpor and have 20% more AoE
* Beezlebufo fall damage speed threshold raised to avoid taking damage on long jumps
* Alpha Dinos can no longer be picked up
* Quetz reduced damage by 33% and damage scaling by 20%
* Fixed a case where Player disconnected from the server could become unsleeped
* Fixed standing on Rafts
* Spectator Player List now can sort by Player or Tribe and also Search by Player or Tribe
* Fixed Dino XP level #, extra 0
* New server option defaulting disallowed, Quetz platforms will not allow any non-allied dino to base on them when they are flying. If you want your server to allow non-allied dinos to be able to stand on the Quetz platforms:
Game.ini
bFlyerPlatformAllowUnalignedDinoBasing=true
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Tranq darts weren't improved.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Patching server to 218.6; should be back up shortly.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah I just tried to get on for a minute before I go in to work for a few hours. I was like noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Upcoming Version: v219.0, ETA: October 13

• Sit on chairs & benches

• Apex-Kill Trophy Wall-Mounts, Artifact Pedestals

• Mosasaurus!

• Creature Breeding & Babies First Pass! Yes, they grow dynamically in real-time!

• Characters no longer bunny-hop when swimming up from the water surface

• Engrams now longer count against maximum inventory item limit

• Shotgun damage increased by 40% for Primitive Shotgun, 30% for Machined Shotgun

• Dinos can no longer damage structures through underside of ceilings

View Quote

Let the eugenics programs begin.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Server coming back up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#31]
well I ordered a SSD and gtx 970...

we will see if my older cpu/mobo will play nice or iff I need to upgrade that too..
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
well I ordered a SSD and gtx 970...

we will see if my older cpu/mobo will play nice or iff I need to upgrade that too..
View Quote

Couple things to check, depending on what sort of system you're running.

My comp is 4+ years old now, and I run it on a mix of low/high settings, for the most part.  Finally figured out a couple of issues I was having; think I'll have to wait until optimization passes for much more.

One of the things that was affecting me fairly hard was my power supply management setting; it was set to entertainment...changed it to performance and my FPS popped up to 30-ish...granted, that varies a bit with view distance, inside/outside, that sort of thing.  

That's with an old 460M Nvidia card.  

Textures seem to be twitchy, for me.  Will have it set to medium and it will randomly change.  Recently bumped to high (with high quality materials checked) and that seems to have settled down a bit.  Things will look fine and then, it looks like the mammoth got ahold of the crayolas, again.    Granted, this ROG laptop has been used hard for 4 years now, for gaming.  There are things you can do with the NVidia control panel, game options, and in-game commands to sort of adjust things a bit...just depends on what you're willing to accept, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#33]
5 year old budget system

I was amazed it would run this at all, I had been planning on upgrading for fallout next month anyway
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#34]
my card is a 256 mb Radeion hd 4650 almost 8 yrs old

I am amazed I ran at all and is actualy mostly playableish (hard to chase and fight with the low FPS... and random black terrain areas.

old card 3d benchmark :   263

new card 3d benchmark : 8,646
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#35]
what gtx970 you get?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#36]
ordered
MSI

seemed to be well reccomended
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
ordered
MSI

seemed to be well reccomended
View Quote

that's a good choice, one of the top 3 in the gtx970 category.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I have confirmation that plant species X will kill an alpha raptor.....eventually.
A level 19 found that out the hard way.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have confirmation that plant species X will kill an alpha raptor.....eventually.

A level 19 found that out the hard way.

View Quote

Heh, nice :)

Started making some metal behemoth gates this morning; after two, I thought I might need to check and see what you were actually using.  Yep, made the wrong kind.   Dropped them off, any ways; went back and gathered my mats together and made 6 gates/doors...mostly tapped out until I make some more cementing paste.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Heh, nice :)

Started making some metal behemoth gates this morning; after two, I thought I might need to check and see what you were actually using.  Yep, made the wrong kind.   Dropped them off, any ways; went back and gathered my mats together and made 6 gates/doors...mostly tapped out until I make some more cementing paste.
View Quote

I'll probably put a behemoth at the back of the fort so that the extra gate will work out.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Downloaded the game. Hope it wasnt hyped too much!
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Downloaded the game. Hope it wasnt hyped too much!
View Quote

It's got a ways to go.  Still, best 30 bucks I've spent in a long, long time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#43]
The gateways are all placed, just need doors now. There shouldn't be any issues with the patch unless the devs went full retard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#44]
lost ptredon named corlone somewhere on one of the islands north of SB
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:19:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Wasted night here. THREE times I almost had an Argentavis tamed and a freaking sabertooth ran up and killed it. I camped out with my Spinos and T Rexes at Leah's for the night after filling her troughs with meat that I had on me.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wasted night here. THREE times I almost had an Argentavis tamed and a freaking sabertooth ran up and killed it. I camped out with my Spinos and T Rexes at Leah's for the night after filling her troughs with meat that I had on me.  
View Quote

Yeah, it does happen.  Hunting in pairs can sometimes help with that; two sets of eyes looking for threats.  I clear what I can around me so I can see, and am usually airborne on my argent, though used to sit on one of my rexes.  Argents are rather vulnerable on the ground, and are usually pretty badly hurt by the time you get one down.  If I'm around, holler, can usually provide backup.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#47]
They are tweaking the tranq darts some with the upcoming patch

Tranq Darts reduced crafting cost to 1 rifle bullet, 2 metal ingots, 3 narcotics, and buffed tranq dart Torpidity by 20%
View Quote

Now that makes a bit of sense.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Need to bring server down for 219.0 update; couple folks appear to be in, cannot log in to holler so sent message via steam; if no response in the next 5 mins, bringing server down for update.

Current Version: v219.0
* Fixed durability per shot on Tranq rifle
* Non-Platform (regular) Quetz Saddle
* Sit on chairs & benches
* Mosasaurus: Terror of the Deep!
* Creature Breeding & Babies First Pass! Yes, they grow dynamically in real-time!
* Characters no longer bunny-hop when swimming up from the water surface
* Engrams now longer count against maximum inventory item limit
* Shotgun damage increased by 40% for Primitive Shotgun, 30% for Machined Shotgun
* Dinos can no longer damage structures through underside of ceilings
* Changed savedata loading code to support super-large saves.
* Antispeedhack now has a commandline bias you can use on your server (can cause more rubberbanding on laggy players). Defaults to 1.0, you can launch with it such as:
-speedhackbias=0.25f
* Tranq Darts reduced crafting cost to 1 rifle bullet, 2 metal ingots, 3 narcotics, and buffed tranq dart Torpidity by 20%
* Fixed misc level bugs, including bad physics zones, non-buildable submerged ice caves, unreachable supply drops etc

New Server Game.ini configurable values:
[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
MatingIntervalMultiplier=1.0
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=1.0
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=1.0
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Server coming down for update; should be back up shortly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Creature Breeding & Babies First Pass! Yes, they grow dynamically in real-time!
View Quote

That's enough to get me to log in again.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top