Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Having some issues getting the server to come back up; bear with me.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Server updated to 212.1 and is back up.  Looks like 213 is coming out sometime this afternoon/evening.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Updating server to 213.0; should be back up shortly.

Server coming back up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Upcoming Version: v214.0 - ETA: Monday Evening EST

New Feature: Custom Inventory Folders, on any Inventory. ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! <3
New Structures: Powered Elevator Structures
New Structures: Controllable Primitive Harpoon Ballista to place on structures and on the backs of your dinos (which damage stone structures at primitive tech level!)
New Item: Plesiosaurus Platform Saddle! It's time to build your dino submarine bases, survivors!
Fixed Oculus Rift VR support <grumbles something about updated Oculus SDK/>
Server VAC
Fixed grabbing onto / climbing ladders while underwater
Fixed getting tossed off by flyers if they had previously run out of Stamina even after landing
Activated Forges/Production Inventories now continue to consume resources after game reload
Personally owned buildings/dinos now transfer to offline players if kicked from Tribe
Flyers can no longer hold onto players when landed, nor drop them through the ground
Gateways now provide no-build radius
Fixed Tribe issue with same-named Tribes causing members to get kicked
Fixed Flyers sliding on ground when Encumbered
Mods/TC's now have the option of FORCING more server PhysX Substeps, mostly useful for accurate Vehicle Physics (recommend 6 substeps & 0.03333 deltatime). See PrimalGameData.OverrideServerPhysXSubsteps and PrimalGameData.OverrideServerPhysXDeltaTime
Wild Flyers will no longer get stuck on water and drown -- they'll fly out of water properly and head back towards landmass when necessary
Fixed a savegame corruption case with large savegames
Dropped Eggs are no longer invisible after loading a singleplayer game
Optimized server ragdoll behaviors/perf, and fixed a nasty client physx perf bug (well of despair perf problem)
25% more max structures per dynamic platform by default. for realz!
[MORE NOTES TO COME]

This Wednesday:
Carryable and Hawk-Style Throwable Dimorphodon (attacks whomever you throw it at ;)
Paraceratherium & accompanying Platform Saddle
& More!

This Thursday:
Survival of the Fittest: The Last Stand begins!

This Friday:
Swamp and Snow Biomes!
Beezlebufo
Direwolf
Megaloceros
Fur Gear Set
Other cool content stuff :)

A Little Further Out:
Creature Breeding & Babies! Yes, they will grow dynamically in real-time!
Custom RP-oriented Recipe/Cooking System (including Skill-Based results)
DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf
Specific Representative "on-ground" meshes for all dropped items
Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks good :)
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Server updating to 214.0; should be back up shortly.

Server coming back up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Alrighty folks...heads up:

If your structure is in the red highlighted areas...or, critters for that matter.  Be prepared.  I would temp move critters and essentials out of those areas and to the nearest friendly location.

The above map represents where the new biomes will exist on this ARK. If there are any structures which have been created in a way that they do not conform to the terrain, the game will automatically demolish them on Friday, so you guys will have a week to move bases. We’re still trying to avoid any wipes as much as possible and will continue to do so up until release. Sorry about any inconvenience guys, this is all part of the early access program and as the game continues in it’s development cycle and the ARK continues to… evolve... things like this are always a possibility.
View Quote

I will be shifting Cardphan's carno and anklyo off the red ob mountain, and shifting critters/essentials out of BR base as a temporary measure (though BR shows as outside the affected area).  I will be on a lot the next couple days doing this.  Protect what you can.  Will be available to create mats/sections as needed to get any repairs expedited in the affected areas/bases.  Depending on the changes; main base area is about to get hammered.  South Base is in the clear, looks like.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I could find a zoomed in version of that map. I may lose the east wall of my base depending.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish I could find a zoomed in version of that map. I may lose the east wall of my base depending.
View Quote

Copy the pic link and go to it in a separate window.

http://i.imgur.com/Ayh7qrt.jpg
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
[–]jatonredditWildcard Jat (Associate Producer) 9 points 14 hours ago

I would generally recommend that if you're in the highlighted areas you should relocate. It's difficult to completely highlight whether X base or Y base would be effected because the terrain is going to change quite a bit and without seeing the structure in place in the moment, it's difficult to pinpoint whether it will or not. If structure pieces are left floating because of the terrain change, or they're too embedded into the ground - they'll get destroyed, which is why it's recommended you relocate. Hope that helps adds some clarity :)
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If your structure is in the red highlighted areas...or, critters for that matter.  Be prepared.  I would temp move critters and essentials out of those areas and to the nearest friendly location.

I will be shifting Cardphan's carno and anklyo off the red ob mountain, and shifting critters/essentials out of BR base as a temporary measure (though BR shows as outside the affected area).  I will be on a lot the next couple days doing this.  Protect what you can.  Will be available to create mats/sections as needed to get any repairs expedited in the affected areas/bases.  Depending on the changes; main base area is about to get hammered.  South Base is in the clear, looks like.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The above map represents where the new biomes will exist on this ARK. If there are any structures which have been created in a way that they do not conform to the terrain, the game will automatically demolish them on Friday, so you guys will have a week to move bases. We’re still trying to avoid any wipes as much as possible and will continue to do so up until release. Sorry about any inconvenience guys, this is all part of the early access program and as the game continues in it’s development cycle and the ARK continues to… evolve... things like this are always a possibility.

Oh I am SCREWED.

Seems absolutely ridiculous to me that we're going to make such drastic changes that will wreck someone's hard work with ZERO compensation for it...  Everything I have is in the red there...  Hell, moving what's in the boxes will take a week alone...
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Oh I am SCREWED.

Seems absolutely ridiculous to me that we're going to make such drastic changes that will wreck someone's hard work with ZERO compensation for it...  Everything I have is in the red there...  Hell, moving what's in the boxes will take a week alone...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I am SCREWED.

I'm just about done with the red ob mining base, can convoy my rexes that way when you're on.  And, will be available to assist in repairs/rebuilding.  Welcome to alpha, we all knew this could happen; and, still remains to be seen on how bad it will hit things.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#14]
So that map shows torches base as being annihilated...

and its too close for my base too..

eta : looks like it could take my main base place too...
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, helping Maki shift right now, then will be trying to finish the outer wall to mine at the islands, Torch may need to split his critters between our bases...or, we can set up a 'tent-city' south of mine for a bit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I think I will start the exodus to my bugout base.

Its already walled in, at least I think, or it will only take 5-10 minutes to add the last pieces.

Some of the mats. ugh.  Oh well.  Such is Alpha, I had a feeling this would happen on biome release.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 4:06:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Should start seeing higher level dinos popping up as things respawn.  This includes alphas sooooo, head on a swivel.

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Ugh, the load time is getting intense at the north shelter zone...
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Server updating to 215.0; should be back up shortly.  Server coming back up.

Current Version: v215.0
* Carryable and Hawk-Style Throwable Dimorphodon (attacks whomever you throw it at ;)
* Paraceratherium & accompanying Platform Saddle
* Wall-mounted paintable canvas
* Structure Auto-Decay Enabled on Official PvP servers
* (Non-Platform-Mounted) Ballistas can no longer be placed near enemy foundations, and their damage has been reduced by 50% relative to structures, range reduced by 20%. They also no longer damage Plant Species X.
* Fixed incorrect Female pose when mounted on Ballista Turret
* Dev Kit: Mod authors can now custom-script their own new "Use Menu" options, with networking and saving of values, as well as override/remove any existing "Use Menu" options as they see fit. This will let them make much more powerful in-world items and character interactions :)
* Saddled Dinos can now accept SCUBA gear, equipments etc into their Inventories
* Fixed extra conflicting Input binding for flyers
* Fixed Shoulder-Mounted Dimos and almost certainly Monkeys disappearing randomish
* Players can no longer get stuck in an inputless state if reconnecting when mounted on a dino
* Fixed a bug with losing collision if you were knocked unconscious while being carried by a flyer
* Reduced Crop Plot Fertilizer consumption rate by another 50%
* Fixed a crash related to new Dev Kit features (ModifyStatusComponent, etc)
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Jeez, they nerf fertilizer much more and Torch will be able to keep a farm alive.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:41:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#22]

BRONTO!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got this game.  Anyone playing tonight?
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Usually folks running around at various times.  This weekend several are in a holding pattern since the next update will likely destroy part, or all, of their bases.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Usually folks running around at various times.  This weekend several are in a holding pattern since the next update will likely destroy part, or all, of their bases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like biomes are going to come today...
Just updated

Patch Notes- Current (v215.4) & Upcoming (v216.0, ETA: Sunday Today)
Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v215.1

Upcoming Version: v216.0, ETA: Sunday Today
* Fixed Dino unboarding offset
* Fixed a case where you could push your character through structures
* Fixed a ladder issue
* Fixed issue with Turrets mounted on Rafts/Dinos not being able to hit targets reliably when shooting down
* Fixed some Admin Manager SteamID's display on Mac
* Fixed SotF crash
* Whitelisted Admins are now allowed to join full games and they also don't count towards the player limit
* Fixed double hud overlays when in spectator mode and showing long-range HUDs and near HUDs
* Fixed issue with client & server steep slope climbing desynchronization when riding a Tamed Dino
* Human and Dino Level Caps Raised +5 each
* Swamp and Snow Biomes!
* Beezlebufo
* Direwolf
* Megaloceros
* Fur Gear Set
* Other cool content stuff (Furnitures etc :)
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#26]

So pretty!
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Looks like biomes are going to come today...
View Quote

Excellent, I didn't even miss anything while I was away then.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone on today?  Hit me up on steam.  Same name.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Nope, I wont be playing until the patch comes last friday.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone on today?  Hit me up on steam.  Same name.
View Quote

Sent you a friend request. I probably won't be on until later tonight or maybe tomorrow morning. Depends on what they do with the biome patch.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#31]
This current patch is enormous, literally there is so much going to it and there is so much that could potentially break! We haven't ever released this many Dinosaurs at once, even back when we were working on them internally - we have a whole lot of things to check and make sure that they operate smoothly and at a really good level for when we release them to you.

With this patch, comes the much anticipated biome changes, these are huge map changes, if you've taken a look at the screenshots, the mini map example, the footage we've released from Gamescom, you can tell that there's been a lot of work been put into it and that's why these delays occur. We have to make sure all the particles are displaying correctly, we've gotta make sure there aren't any objects in the wrong place, we've got to make sure that all the new items are being displayed correctly, there are going to be a lot of bugs constantly that we miss and we'll find later which we'll need to solve and there's likely to be some when we release (though I'm pretty confident with this build so far :)), there is just a lot to do and that is the reason for the delay.

I know it sucks and sometimes it may seem like we're paying more attention to X or Y, but that isn't the case - a lot of the delays in recent weeks have been due to issues that arise in the main game, most notoriously when we shipped out 207 - that had a lot of things that went wrong with it, that did not appear in testing - there was a lot constant iteration and fixing with that build, I think 4 days later we were on 210? So I can assure you, the focus is the main game and we will not let it bleed or suffer, we love ARK and want it to be the best it can be and will continuously try to make sure it reaches new heights, sometimes this ambition can also lead to delays, but at the same time takes the game to the next level :).
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This current patch is enormous, literally there is so much going to it and there is so much that could potentially break! We haven't ever released this many Dinosaurs at once, even back when we were working on them internally - we have a whole lot of things to check and make sure that they operate smoothly and at a really good level for when we release them to you.

With this patch, comes the much anticipated biome changes, these are huge map changes, if you've taken a look at the screenshots, the mini map example, the footage we've released from Gamescom, you can tell that there's been a lot of work been put into it and that's why these delays occur. We have to make sure all the particles are displaying correctly, we've gotta make sure there aren't any objects in the wrong place, we've got to make sure that all the new items are being displayed correctly, there are going to be a lot of bugs constantly that we miss and we'll find later which we'll need to solve and there's likely to be some when we release (though I'm pretty confident with this build so far :)), there is just a lot to do and that is the reason for the delay.

I know it sucks and sometimes it may seem like we're paying more attention to X or Y, but that isn't the case - a lot of the delays in recent weeks have been due to issues that arise in the main game, most notoriously when we shipped out 207 - that had a lot of things that went wrong with it, that did not appear in testing - there was a lot constant iteration and fixing with that build, I think 4 days later we were on 210? So I can assure you, the focus is the main game and we will not let it bleed or suffer, we love ARK and want it to be the best it can be and will continuously try to make sure it reaches new heights, sometimes this ambition can also lead to delays, but at the same time takes the game to the next level :).

YOU DONT GIVE A FUCKING ETA AND THEN ITS LIKE XMAS WHEN IT PLOPS ON THE FLOOR
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I will say, with everything they are doing the devs are doing a really great job, but they really need to just stop with the ETA's. They have been so far off the mark every single time, they need to just wait and give an ETA when they are literally shipping it to Steam to be implemented.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah I will say, with everything they are doing the devs are doing a really great job, but they really need to just stop with the ETA's. They have been so far off the mark every single time, they need to just wait and give an ETA when they are literally shipping it to Steam to be implemented.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have literally been in a holding pattern since tuesday.. everything I've tried to do today I just give up on, because I am literally a bronto from the destruction zone and I want to keep my stuff intact. I'd imagine Stryke is sneaking up behind me to hit me with a shovel to get me to shut up about it already.

ETA: I've been resisting playing anything else cause I want steam to update ASAP
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#35]
It's really not that hard.  You get a patch ready, THEN announce ETA for go live within 48 hours.

I dont understand how project planning this bad can continually happen.  Its not rocket science.

Don't give ETA's until it is actually ready to go live.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#36]
OMG THE BRONTS I'M CRYING

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#37]
fuck these devs with a rusty chainsaw, if they hadnt announced a major game-altering patch nearly a week ahead of time, and we would have been told that we would get 24 hours notice, i could have done shit all weekend instead of watching torch litter my area with more junk..

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 1:01:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
fuck these devs with a rusty chainsaw, if they hadnt announced a major game-altering patch nearly a week ahead of time, and we would have been told that we would get 24 hours notice, i could have done shit all weekend instead of watching torch litter my area with more junk..

View Quote

LOL.  I wasn't even on to litter!

I seriously don't understand their lack to give proper ETAs.  I understand what an ETA is, but when you are consistently late, time and time again, you think one would learn to not make unrealistic targets.  I haven't really bothered to play except for taming due to difficulty increase since their base destroying announcements.  I really see no reason to login until they patch it.  On a tuesday you say Friday, then friday goes by without any notice, and now its "weekend".  Saturday passes and now its sunday.  Well Sunday is over.  Jesus Devs, JUST PICK A DATE YOU CAN MEET, IT IS NOT THAT HARD.  IF IT IS ANOTHER WEEK OUT SAY ANOTHER WEEK. STOP THE UPDATES AFTER THE DATE HAS PASSED, EITHER FORCE IT THROUGH WITH BUGS, OR STOP SAYING ITS COMING.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 6:59:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I seriously don't understand their lack to give proper ETAs.  I understand what an ETA is, but when you are consistently late, time and time again, you think one would learn to not make unrealistic targets.  I haven't really bothered to play except for taming due to difficulty increase since their base destroying announcements.  I really see no reason to login until they patch it.  On a tuesday you say Friday, then friday goes by without any notice, and now its "weekend".  Saturday passes and now its sunday.  Well Sunday is over.  Jesus Devs, JUST PICK A DATE YOU CAN MEET, IT IS NOT THAT HARD.  IF IT IS ANOTHER WEEK OUT SAY ANOTHER WEEK. STOP THE UPDATES AFTER THE DATE HAS PASSED, EITHER FORCE IT THROUGH WITH BUGS, OR STOP SAYING ITS COMING.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Early morning is now over as well... Late night as well

I have a job, I have to leave here in the next half hour.

Oh and the giant bird was supposed to be out in september, bet that wont happen either
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#40]
It is what it is, I guess.  Unlike a lot of other alphas, they seem to try to push updates out fast.  Sometimes 3-4 in a day.  When stuff goes wrong, it can really suck though  LOL.

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It is what it is, I guess.  Unlike a lot of other alphas, they seem to try to push updates out fast.  Sometimes 3-4 in a day.  When stuff goes wrong, it can really suck though  LOL.

View Quote

They need to stop the ETAs

Friday... no
Weekend.. no
TODAY SUNDAY... no
early mornin... no

Its nearly 1030... nothing (on monday!)
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Bloody hell.

They changed the auto destroy for non-conforming structures...instead, if it does not conform it will be forever embedded into the terrain.  And destroy will destroy all structures in the biomes, not just the non-conforming.

And, in order to do that; clearing the structures out.  I have to manually add a command string to the launch file?  WTF file am I looking for?  So...when the update is out, I need to download/save the most current save game.  Then start the server.  Check out the affected areas, and...bring the server back down.  Get rid of and replace the save game; modify a file that thus far no one seems able to tell me where it is or, what it is called....and relaunch destroying/clearing the structures in the snow/swamp biomes...if necessary.

-StructureDestructionTag=DestroySwampSnowStructures

Is the command string, now, where the frick do I put it, if I need to?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Server coming down for 216.0; this will take awhile folks.  Gotta track down a couple files.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Currently downloading the most recent save files for backups (hopefully...they're downloading, not sure if they're all I need though)...then will be updating server.  

Start thinking about what you'd do differently with your bases, just in case.  On some of the official servers, so far...was more like thermonuclear warfare than surgical strikes with regards to base destruction.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll cry if I have to remake all those outer walls.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Sucks the entire biomes are getting nuked. At least Styke could spawn in several thousand walls if needed.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Server updated and coming back up.  Will be a couple hours before I'm in, local internet being flaky with the download.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sucks the entire biomes are getting nuked. At least Styke could spawn in several thousand walls if needed.
View Quote

I plan on being available as needed, next few days.  

Not using the command as yet, still don't have an answer as to where to input it.  Keep this in mind as you play/look around today...may need to use the destroy command later this afternoon/evening after we get a chance to look at things.  And, from what I'm seeing, bases outside the highlighted areas were also hit (they were nearby) so if the command is needed; would like to give folks a chance to load up and move out, beforehand...if possible.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Pics of affected areas where they did not wipe are beginning to pop up.  I would recommend loading must haves on your/available critters.  

Bases in mid-air, homes buried underground with just the roof sticking out, that sort of thing.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top