Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2015 4:57:49 PM EDT
Anyone getting it tomorrow for XBox1?

What says the Nerd hive on such matters?  Is the game going to be worth it or is it going to be so buggy and unplayable that it isn't worth buying?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It hasn't been without it's struggles on PC.Is it really going free to play for consoles? I don't know. I am a big Elder Scrolls fan, but the things I have seen on this game so far really haven't grabbed me yet. I could always be wrong though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I've read yes it will be free to play.  I don't think I would get it if I had to pay for xblive and then for a sub to the game.

I played WoW for a long time and I don't think I'll be playing a sub based game again.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It hasn't been without it's struggles on PC.Is it really going free to play for consoles? I don't know. I am a big Elder Scrolls fan, but the things I have seen on this game so far really haven't grabbed me yet. I could always be wrong though.
View Quote

It will be buy to play like it is now.

The game is very very very good. The combat is greatly improved from other elder scrolls games. Each zone is roughly a fourth the size of Skyrim. There are tons of zones. Each zone has tons of stuff to do. The best part is, there's no correct order to it.

The social aspects are out of this world. You can join up to give guilds at a time due to the many specializations that each guild can have. You can be a member of a trading guild that allows you to sell use an auction house that every other member uses.

The best feature is the lack of centralized auction house. This forces very real player interactions via talking and haggling or joining specific guilds and making them the best you can.

The PvP is a much better version of DAoC. Three factions, massive scale, but time based. The end game PvE is also a mix of Diablo 3 and brand new.

Because it's buy once and play forever, it's a must for any elder scrolls fan. It's a fantastic game with lots of depth to every system in the game.

To put it another way, every dungeon needs a healer, a tank, and damage. There are four classes. Every class can fill any of those roles if they build their character properly. There are no item restrictions. Classes only impact your spell choices.

Crafting is fantastic. It's the elder scrolls system but scaled properly and actually not broken. Enchanting exists and is actually fleshed out. The second best items in the game are crafted and in some cases are the best pieces you can get. Every race has differing styles, including dwemer and ancient elf. In order to use different races styles you just get their motif or be that race.

It's seriously a fantastic game. The best MMO to come out in years. It has more of the EQ mystery and feel than anything since then. If things feel easy, simply fight monsters that are five levels higher and it's suddenly a massive challenge.

There's plenty of solo and group content. Dungeons, public dungeons, public events, bosses, quests all of which are fully voice acted, a main story line that has a scope and scale similar to an elder scrolls game... A solid game.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]
So its worth the 60 bucks?

I'm asking because I don't buy a whole bunch of games, I usually stick with sports games.

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Also what is the PVP like is it world PVP or kinda like WoW's PVP?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Also what is the PVP like is it world PVP or kinda like WoW's PVP?
View Quote

It's worth the $60, but there's no world PvP. Think of it like a MASSIVE battleground in WoW with siege weapons, gotta cap points and objectives and eventually, if your faction is good enough, take the Imperial city. Top player in your faction then becomes Emperor.

That's a very condensed version though. I'm playing it again on PC, it's just as fun as it was and the community isn't dead anymore.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to be getting it on consel, I'm hoping I'm not throwing 60 bucks away for a game I'll only play for a few weeks.

I bought my fiance shadows of mordor and dragonage and she hasn't played either of them in about 5 months.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm going to be getting it on consel, I'm hoping I'm not throwing 60 bucks away for a game I'll only play for a few weeks.

I bought my fiance shadows of mordor and dragonage and she hasn't played either of them in about 5 months.
View Quote

I play it about three to four times a week for an hour or two a piece. It's honestly not that much of my gaming time. However, it always sucks me in when I play. Suddenly I'm like "WOW, TWO HOURS ALREADY?" By then, some of my friends are online and we're playing other stuff like HotS or Terraria.

I play with one of my friends on ESO and it's a blast.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I play GTA 5 with a friend and we've stayed up til 3-4 AM playing.  

I'm thinking Friday after I get payed.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I pre-ordered for PS4, I'm looking forward to it.  We'll see if it pulls me away from Destiny.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I am downloading it today
don't know what faction yet
xbox1
gamertag girlsaremean
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#12]
In waiting on it to install and download.

Xbox 1
Gamertag: usmc0928
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I need to re-download it on PC.

I was in beta and release and there were just too many people crammed into the spaces. It was literally **get quest- run as fast as possible to quest area with a group of 20 peeps, murder everything, get quest turn in piece, bring back**

After you get to dungeons and PVP the game gets much better.

Now that the game has matured I may give it a go again.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy bad servers batman.  I tried forever last night to get the NA server to connect, no go.  I finally got the EU server to connect.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I need to re-download it on PC.

I was in beta and release and there were just too many people crammed into the spaces. It was literally **get quest- run as fast as possible to quest area with a group of 20 peeps, murder everything, get quest turn in piece, bring back**

After you get to dungeons and PVP the game gets much better.

Now that the game has matured I may give it a go again.
View Quote

It's much better on PC than it was.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#16]
HAd to log into EU servers again last night.

If any of you guys are having issues (Mine kept saying I was in que @ #1, and it would be 1 Sec, but it never would send me in)  you can go to the EU server and it seems to go ahead and log in.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I tried for 3 hours and couldn't log in last night.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone play this on PS4?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone play this on PS4?
View Quote

Molon and I just picked this up on the ps4

PSN - SLLENT_SLN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top