Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2015 7:06:55 PM EDT
Link

Is anyone else planning on playing this?  The free mini game "cortex" app is out which gives you unlocks for the game.

ETA

Firefly Online Cortex Steam Download

The Cortex app is available on Mac PC iOS and Android.
The game will be available on all of the above, but will only be playable on higher end phones or tablets.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I am, Paid the $5 for the BDH.  If they deliver what they intend to, it stands to be pretty epic.  If they don't.... well they tried and it's worth at least doing the free cortex app  to watch the video's of the cast members that came back to do voice acting.

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am, Paid the $5 for the BDH.  If they deliver what they intend to, it stands to be pretty epic.  If they don't.... well they tried and it's worth at least doing the free cortex app  to watch the video's of the cast members that came back to do voice acting.

View Quote

Same

Have you managed to unlock the "captain's chair" or the "Jane hat"?

ETA

I'm rank 336 and still haven't unlocked it
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Not yet, I just kind off goof off on it for a bit when I remember it's installed LOL

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not yet, I just kind off goof off on it for a bit when I remember it's installed LOL

View Quote

Incase you didn't know, if you go to the map and click on a planet then click on the planet/moon again you get a summary.  You also get 10BP per planet/moon.

ETA

Also, if you redeem the code OVERLAND you get a free ship.  A Pilgrim class mid-bulk transport.

Here's the subreddit for the game
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yea, I just never did enough to collect all the cards.  I've just been dicking around with it here and there.  IIRC only level 45 or so.

Thanks for the tip on the redeem code!!1!  
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh yea, I just never did enough to collect all the cards.  I've just been dicking around with it here and there.  IIRC only level 45 or so.

Thanks for the tip on the redeem code!!1!  
View Quote

No problem

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Level 610, 4 ships unlocked and painted Link and I'm still one damn card short of getting that captain's chair (Two by Two, Hands of Blue card).  Hope it comes with a carpel tunnel surgery

ETA

Here's the forum with the most information I've been able to find.  It's also the most active.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Well now.  This should be fun to dink around with a bit.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well now.  This should be fun to dink around with a bit.  
View Quote

Yeah, with as many Firefly fans as we have here I thought about posting this to GD instead of War Gaming
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Level 610, 4 ships unlocked and painted Link and I'm still one damn card short of getting that captain's chair (Two by Two, Hands of Blue card).  Hope it comes with a carpel tunnel surgery

ETA

Here's the forum with the most information I've been able to find.  It's also the most active.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, my hand hurts

It's about 1000 runs.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Rank 691.  Finally unlocked the damn captain's chair

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Lulz.    Don't think I'll get a rank that high.  Have looked at most of the planets, and such.   Got a couple clusters left to look through.  Maybe do the daily point and click stuff for cards.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lulz.    Don't think I'll get a rank that high.  Have looked at most of the planets, and such.   Got a couple clusters left to look through.  Maybe do the daily point and click stuff for cards.
View Quote

All the points you collect now will be convertible into in game currency at launch.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#16]
This really needs a BUMP

BTW, I'm hooked.  I'm at about level 60 on the Cortex app.  Loooong ways to go.  Can't wait for this to be available!

At least it looks like it'll be here before Star Citizen....
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Dunno.  They're talking early '16 now.  

BDH Level 67 here.  Got me 2 ships (Kepler and the Pilgrim) if you don't count the Serenity preview.

I'm just dabbling.

And, oh yeah.... bump.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dunno.  They're talking early '16 now.  
BDH Level 67 here.  Got me 2 ships (Kepler and the Pilgrim) if you don't count the Serenity preview.

I'm just dabbling.

And, oh yeah.... bump.

View Quote

52, poke around when I remember to.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got my Steam icon in my start bar, so I'll hit it once a day for the 50bp login bonus and the 10bp for hitting the trading post tab.  Takes about 30 seconds.  If I'm bored, I'll do some trade runs for those 50bp.  I don't even bother with the timed missions.  Oh, you also get 10bp for clicking on the news if there's anything new there.  

So, for around 3-5 minutes a day, you can iterate up 770bp a week, minimum.  Takes more time to check on the sub-reddit or the main website.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1 on all counts.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Dropped this on my phone a few days ago... Level 105 or so currently.

Better than half way through the series 2 cards... How the heck do I get series one cards?  I needs me a Jayne Hat.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I did the Big Dame Hero thing and have bought all the ships. I am only level 121 so far. I sure wish they would get this gorram thing done, the wait is killing me
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:52:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Level 135 now... Getting close to done with series 2... I needs series 1 cards, drop damn you!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I can't wait.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:02:21 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm confused...I have FIREFLY online on steam, is that the same thing?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:45:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I'm confused...I have FIREFLY online on steam, is that the same thing?

View Quote

Yep.  It's a unity based cross platformer.  PC, Mac, Android.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Still waiting for it to go live
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#28]
And growing impatient.  Still, they seem to be making progress, and did a demo during a recent con (which I'm eagerly awaiting to see on youtube)

Meanwhile, level 898, Navigator 4, completed the series 3 cards and 6 each away from series 1 and 2 completion.

On a sour note, I just went through 97 cards and didn't get a single one I didn't already have
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

And growing impatient.  Still, they seem to be making progress, and did a demo during a recent con (which I'm eagerly awaiting to see on youtube)

Meanwhile, level 898, Navigator 4, completed the series 3 cards and 6 each away from series 1 and 2 completion.

On a sour note, I just went through 97 cards and didn't get a single one I didn't already have
View Quote
IDK, 5$ buy in, and they have been revamping the game and getting more and more Cast members to do voice overs?

I'm cool with waiting.  If they would have rushed it to production I don't think it would have had ANY of the talent that's helping now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:33:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
IDK, 5$ buy in, and they have been revamping the game and getting more and more Cast members to do voice overs?    

I'm cool with waiting.  If they would have rushed it to production I don't think it would have had ANY of the talent that's helping now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 rather have a nice polished game instead of a buggy piece of crap that seems to be becoming the norm.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
+1 rather have a nice polished game instead of a buggy piece of crap that seems to be becoming the norm.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly willing to wait.  Doesn't quell the impatience, though.  Like being able to smell the brownies cooking in the oven, but knowing you can't eat any yet.

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#32]
It's Unification day, apparently.  If you go to your cortex account screen, go into the redeem window, and type UNIFICATION, you'll get a silver gift box.  Or at least, I did.  May be random.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Cool, I will try that and see if it still works. Hell, they have not updated their site keepflying.com since August
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Cool, I will try that and see if it still works. Hell, they have not updated their site keepflying.com since August
View Quote

Yeah, it's a small team but some updates would be nice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top