Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2015 6:01:39 AM EDT
Haven't seen a post on elder scrolls yet, what's the consensus from the PC folks? Is it worth the buy, the pre order bonus looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:03:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Not worth it
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a lot of fun. The people that say it sucks played it in the beginning when they botched the launch, or they were expecting Skyrim Online, which it's not. I love th class/combat system. You can play however you want and still be viable. Heavy armored broadsword wielding battlemage sorcerer? Yep!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't pre-order. Wait for release so you can check reviews written by players. Ignore the guys who get paid to write reviews. Try to find someone streaming the game if you are on the fence about buying it.

Never buy something on console that can be run on PC.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh, I like to sit on my couch and relax than spend thousands of dollars keeping my computer up to date with the latest hardware.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm enjoying it massively. I don't understand the "it's not skyrim" complaints. The combat is way better. The inclusion of skills in to the combat makes the combat a feature instead of an afterthought.

Grouping is very fun. If content feels too easy, just fight higher level stuff. Things that are five levels higher are fun to kill.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
if you hated skyrims 'fetch quests' you'll really hate ESO.

also dont go into it expecting another skyrim game, go into it as a generic MMO that just happens to take place in the elder scrolls world/lore and it wont hurt as bad.

also find some people to play with and chat/joke with while playing. otherwise it will get so repetitive and boring soloing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Meh, I like to sit on my couch and relax than spend thousands of dollars keeping my computer up to date with the latest hardware.
View Quote
lol the oldest console peasant excuse in the book. come on guy... you can try harder than that

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I built my PC in 2010 and it is still a powerful machine. Your games will never be as pretty as mine. You will never know what it is like to run Skyrim fully modded. You have my pity.

The sad thing is what a new console would cost would cover most of a budget gaming PC build. You could be one of us instead of part of the problem.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, instead of people coming out and saying how good or bad the game is, the PC elitists are here to tell you how you're wrong for not playing the game on PC.

You guys are what's wrong with gaming. Not dumbed down console ports, not micro transactions, not pre orders and DLC.  

You are.
View Quote

Maybe whether a game is good or bad is influenced by what platform you play it on.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I built my PC in 2010 and it is still a powerful machine. Your games will never be as pretty as mine. You will never know what it is like to run Skyrim fully modded. You have my pity.

The sad thing is what a new console would cost would cover most of a budget gaming PC build. You could be one of us instead of part of the problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol what derp
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The PC master race has spoken! My 52" flat screen and couch beats top of the line graphics anyday.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The PC master race has spoken! My 52" flat screen and couch beats top of the line graphics anyday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol yep.  But replace flat screen with huge ass projection.

That said, I can't see how an MMORPG would work on a console.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's a lot of fun. The people that say it sucks played it in the beginning when they botched the launch, or they were expecting Skyrim Online, which it's not. I love th class/combat system. You can play however you want and still be viable. Heavy armored broadsword wielding battlemage sorcerer? Yep!
View Quote

This. Don't expect it to be TES VI, just expect it to be an MMO set in the Elder Scrolls universe.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#16]
So it's kind of like a WOW spinoff of Skyrim?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

See the $400 gaming computer thread. My two year old hardware still runs most shit on max settings.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#18]
This is why i now hate video games

You can't ask a simple question without the pc idiots thumping thier chests about how great and majestic they are

Holy shit
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wireless keyboard/mouse setup and an HDMI cable and BOOM! PC gaming on your couch! Don't like the KB/mouse? Get a controller adapter.

I've played ESO on PC. I think it benefits from the better hardware available. I also have an Xbone, but if someone said "here's both copies of the game, one for the PC and one for the console. You HAVE to play one.... I'd fire up my PC.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes and no. Unlike WoW (I played that fucking game since 05 off and on ), it requires a brain, and you're not locked into a specific role because of the class you picked.

ETA: you actually have to dodge/counter attacks if you don't want to die all the time, and there's no such thing as auto attack.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I play pc games on my 72 inch.

So...

While sitting in a comfy ass chair.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not really. It's an elder scrolls game with a hot bar of six items. The game has more in common with DoTA than WoW.

ETA: A combat comparison would be a mix of Neverwinter or GW2 and Skyrim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top