Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2015 2:50:18 AM EDT
This game is now open beta.  I played around a little, and it seems pretty fun so far.  It's free to play, but you have to pay (slow-to-earn in-game gold, or real money) to unlock characters to play with - though there's a "free to play rotation" made up of several characters you can play for free.

"Heroes of the Storm is an upcoming multiplayer online battle arena video game developed by Blizzard Entertainment for Microsoft Windows and OS X. The game utilizes a combination of heroes from Blizzard's Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft and other franchises and is set in the "Nexus." The game uses both free-to-play and freemium models and is supported by micropayments, which can be used to purchase heroes or visual alterations for the heroes in the game. Blizzard does not call the game a "multiplayer online battle arena" or an "action real-time strategy" because they feel it is something different with a broader playstyle; they refer to it as an online "Hero Brawler""  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_the_Storm

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:36:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been in the game since extremely early closed beta. It has changed dramatically since then and went from a terrible MOBA not worth playing to the best in the genre.

The game is extremely fun and I don't know how we all played one boring map across 30 different MOBA's for all these years.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been having a blast playing this game, have over 200 hero league games played. I float between rank 33 and 31. I think I'm good enough to play at a higher level, but not good enough to carry 4 other level 40's against a team of 20's and 30's. I'd like to play regularly with others in team league, but not enough friends playing this yet.

It's time for team Arfcom! Let me know if you're interested.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been having a blast playing this game, have over 200 hero league games played. I float between rank 33 and 31. I think I'm good enough to play at a higher level, but not good enough to carry 4 other level 40's against a team of 20's and 30's. I'd like to play regularly with others in team league, but not enough friends playing this yet.

View Quote

The way the rank system is done in the game is a bit different than their other games. I don't think it's really finished.

I float between ranks 40-30 but regularly play with rank 5-1 players. And, because my win rate is roughly 50%, I hover in the 40-30 range.

I know I play with high rank players because I often end up playing with and against players like Guardsman Bob, Chu, and Grubby.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The way the rank system is done in the game is a bit different than their other games. I don't think it's really finished.

I float between ranks 40-30 but regularly play with rank 5-1 players. And, because my win rate is roughly 50%, I hover in the 40-30 range.

I know I play with high rank players because I often end up playing with and against players like Guardsman Bob, Chu, and Grubby.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you experienced odd point values after a game? I've been teamed up with all lvl 40+ players while I'm 31, and played against a team of all 20's, and lost 150 pts for a game. Then for wins where teams are pretty fairly balanced or even higher level than mine and I get 80 pts. Those are specific examples but generally I lost 100-130 for each loss, but only get 80-100 for a win.

Maybe that's an issue with the size of the player pool currently available. That would explain why you're playing 5+'s. I've played 13's before, but not grubby level. I know the MM system auto joins players after 6 minutes of searching for similarly skilled players, if none are available after 6 it takes the next highest available. That would explain why you've played against grubby and the like.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I played quite a bit over the last few days.  I'm finally getting the hang of things (I never played this type of game before).  I bought Sylvanas with gold, and she's awesome for pushing lanes and mercs.  Pretty squishy though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top