Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 5:50:45 PM EDT
I need a laptop that can play ARMA3 handily. My current laptop cant even play civ 5 except through the basic 2d screen. Which I have played about 3 marathon games on!!

All the gaming laptops blow the recommended specs out of the water and cost over 1k and the non gaming laptops cost $300 and don't touch the minimum specs.

tl,dr= find me a recommended spec arma 3 laptop.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
In order to play ArmA 3 with decent quality you're going to spend over $1300 on a laptop.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T7EXKLG

on the cheaper side

and http://www.amazon.com/G751JY-DH71-17-3-inch-GeForce-Graphics-Display/dp/B00NWE9RPA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1413333205&sr=1-1&keywords=g751jy

on the more top end side.

I prefer Asus gaming laptops over the others, built better, don't seem to have as many problems.

Toshiba has some nice Qosimio gaming laptops but don't think they're at the Asus quality.  Dell's gaming laptops are now Alienware and they're expensive as hell and not nearly built well enough to warrant.  My M11x hinge broke after only a year and a half of normal typical use and I'm very gentle with my stuff.  The bigger ones are better made, but way more expensive.

TLDR:  Your choice, I'd pick an Asus up over a Toshiba or a Dell.  I work on computers every day.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe you. I just must not understand though.

The Alienware 13's most basic setup blows the recommended settings for arma3 out of the water for 900. Maybe I am confusing recommended for top settings?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe you. I just must not understand though.

The Alienware 13's most basic setup blows the recommended settings for arma3 out of the water for 900. Maybe I am confusing recommended for top settings?
View Quote

Alienware is made by Dell.  Their quality has been going down.  My alienware had a plastic hinge assembly that broke on the inside which lead me to have it sitting in my shop waiting for me to order a new hinge assembly for $50.

Does it have the specs?  Sure.  Is it made with quality parts that aren't going to break any time soon?  Not likely.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:58:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Sager laptops are probably some of the best gaming laptops you can buy. The Clevo chassis is excellent at keeping them cool.

Buy from XoticPC at a discount.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Civ IV is the best Civ.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
If you don't need a laptop for your gaming, you can get a good gaming desktop for FAR less.

So much less, you can get a good gaming desktop + regular laptop and still be ahead.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you don't need a laptop for your gaming, you can get a good gaming desktop for FAR less.

So much less, you can get a good gaming desktop + regular laptop and still be ahead.
View Quote

I agree with this. If you have your heart set on a laptop my lenovo y50 runs arma 3 well but a desktop would be better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top