Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if it's all screwed up because I haven't done the update yet.  I got it to work but I keep having to go in two times before it will work.   The very first time tells me the ea online is not working, and then I'll go out and repeat going in and it will work.  It's done that three times now.  I should do the update.  

My son said the submachine guns got a buff.   So I went back to the berreta PX4, well, Mx4 in the game and I actually liked it quite a bit.  I really want the HK subgun in 9mm.  But it's going to take me a while to get that gun....
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea it may be the problem I did the update and it seems less buggy to me.

That stinks I'll have to pay more attention to the rest of the guns to see if they got buffed too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yeah I was rocking the mx4!!!  I got second place in one game today.  Went 15/18.  Seemed like a bunch of guys playing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice.  I've been to tired from work the last few days and haven't played anything, the heat and humidity at work is horrible.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The nerf they have done to shotguns over time is ridiculous, and have made them more lethal on wide open maps, than they were before. So many people rocking the UTS, which for some reason will outshoot an LSAT. I also love people that run around with sniper rifles in close quarters, especially since they are mostly bolt action, and it takes them forever to cycle another round in. Easy kills for me.

I had trouble logging in Saturday afternoon. I don't think it was an update that was causing it, I think the ea login servers were down. I tried to check twitter, but battlefield has me blocked on there, so I can't read them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, the shotguns seem like they're killing from a very far distant.  I've been killed a few times and I'm like, dude, he's pretty far away to be killing me with a shotgun.  But whatever.  And then I tried to use mine one game and couldn't kill anyone.  LOL......

The subguns definitely seem more lethal.  I was using the UMP yesterday and I got some decent kills.  What's weird is I tried to use the RFB a little bit and that thing used to be really good for me but it felt like I was getting hits and people weren't going down as easily.  But the MK11 modO was still working good for me.  

I was using the SG553 quite a bit for my engineer before this update and liked it a lot.  But now it sucks for me.  I can't kill anyone with it.

I can log into my battlelog now.  I'm not sure what the deal was there.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, the shotguns seem like they're killing from a very far distant.  I've been killed a few times and I'm like, dude, he's pretty far away to be killing me with a shotgun.  But whatever.  And then I tried to use mine one game and couldn't kill anyone.  LOL......

The subguns definitely seem more lethal.  I was using the UMP yesterday and I got some decent kills.  What's weird is I tried to use the RFB a little bit and that thing used to be really good for me but it felt like I was getting hits and people weren't going down as easily.  But the MK11 modO was still working good for me.  

I was using the SG553 quite a bit for my engineer before this update and liked it a lot.  But now it sucks for me.  I can't kill anyone with it.

I can log into my battlelog now.  I'm not sure what the deal was there.
View Quote

Same goes with me....I try to use a shotgun, and it's instant death for me.

I'm at the point where I'm just using weapons that I don't have everything leveled up all the way, so mine varies game to game, class to class.

My favorite smg is probably the "nail gun". I think the name in game is the cbj-ms. Put a suppressor on it, and there is no recoil at all. Decent at distance as well, plus it has a good size drum on it,
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:28:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I hate the way that thing looks . The CBJMS.  But I used it in ghosts when I played.  Not all the time but I thought it worked good in there.  But yeah, the thing looks like my Dewalt screwgun with extra crap  on it.  Blaaaaaaah.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate the way that thing looks . The CBJMS.  But I used it in ghosts when I played.  Not all the time but I thought it worked good in there.  But yeah, the thing looks like my Dewalt screwgun with extra crap  on it.  Blaaaaaaah.  
View Quote

Haha right
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone playing on Xbox One?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Not me can't afford 3 haha the kids would be pissed if I got one with out them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, we no got one yet.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll be battling tonight it's been a while.  Stupid job
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#14]
It would be nice to play with you.  I'll see.  I don't know if I said thank you for the condolences about my FIL. So thank you.  

But man it's like when it rains it pours.  My Grandmother ended up in the Hospital last night because she forgot to put her car in park and left it in reverse.  And it basically ran her over.  Loosely speaking.  She fractured her ankle bone on the outside and her, yes folks, pubic bone.  

I'm going to visit her in the hospital today.  Anyways.....  that's got nothing to do with gaming other than I would LIKE to play tonight, but I'll see if I have time.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Man.. hope she has a quick recovery....

The time zones between us doesn't help much either haha.

What is there like 2 hrs difference?

I should be on tonight. I Didn't last night got home and ate then crashed on couch.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in central time and you're probably eastern, right?  So only one hour I think.  

Who's a sniping fool?  
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Yea eastern

Idk who's a sniping fool?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Not me.  LOL.  I just meant... well that probably came across the wrong way.  It was like a cheer....  you know...  Like who's a sniping fool....   you are...  chanted in loud voices by hordes of people to encourage....

Anyways..  

I think my game playing is on hold.  My son got in some trouble about not doing his school work properly and covering it up.  So....  he's going to be restricted from playing for a little while and I'm not going to play in front of him.  He likes watching too much.  Maybe a week or two.   We'll see.   I like taking a break from games now and then anyways....  it helps make it all new again when you take a break.   Of course I could always play after he's in bed.....  
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Ohh ok got ya

That's what we do also When they get in trouble.  

Me and the oldest went on a sniping spree on lancang dam.  We were spotting while sniping for each other. They were getting soo mad.  We both had atleast 13 kills that game.

I got my longest head shot up a few more yards. It's now at 754
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Did you go back up on that hill or something?  Behind the building?  Or were you reaching all the way across to their base?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Do you know where the gray building spawn point is? (Zoomed pic)

I go out back to the left  and run a ways down to the left by a big rock.  

See the RU in the pic follow the coastline down to the first area that sticks out.. In there somewhere .   Next time I'm gonna go further down and try to break the 1k mark

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, I didn't realize the map was open that far down to the left.  Yowzah.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#23]
It's a big map.

Haha hahaha  I got kicked off a server for head shoting a guy and his friends too much in one game they couldn't find me.  The guys I was killing ran the server hahaha
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#24]
See, you ARE a sniping fool!!!!!  LOL.  

It's a shame that people will not take their medicine when issued and be baby's about it.  I will say a good sniper is a frustrating dude.  LOL.  But that's the whole point, right?  What sniper rifle are you using?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Haha

Yea they are I've been on the other side

I use the srr61 with the 40x scope and the 8 - 14x variable , straight pull and the suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Niiiice.

What caliber is that one again?
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#27]
It says 408 chevtac.  never heard of it haha
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, much more powerful than a .308.   Do you remember that movie "Shooter" with... aaaaaaaah one of the New Kids on the Block.  Mark Wahlberg I think.  I think his main Go to rifle in that movie was a 408 cheytac.  If my memory is serving me correctly.  There was a scene in the courtroom where he loaded a round and showed that he always takes his firing pins out when he's not there and it couldn't have been used in a murder or something like that.  I'd have to watch it again to be sure.  But anyways.......
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Yea I've watched  it a few times. I thought it was a 50 but I could be wrong haha.
Not a bad movie.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:39:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Haha they used a few different  ones...  

I'd love to have a Barret or that intervention but price and the ammo

308 and 300blk  is bad enough
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#32]
You have a 300 blk?  I was thinking it might make a good bolt gun.  Or 6.8 too.  Something to keep the recoil down a little but be more effective than 5.56 for deer hunting.  And double as a precision rifle.   I'll probably never do one, but it would be cool.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Not  yet I just need the barrel. Here we can use suppressors  while hunting  so thats my reason to get one haha.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#34]
That's pretty sweet.  I think ammo is becoming more available for it too.  I like the idea of that round.  I didn't at first though.  I DID like the idea of 6.8 a lot all the time.  But then there was all kinds of teething problems.  I'm not sure if they're solved or not.  There was like two different chamber dimensions or something like that.  Seems like 300 blk has caught on to a larger degree I think.  

You wanna know what I don't like about sniping in the game?  It seems like if I'm not the one rushing the flags, nobody ever does.  Or not that many.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Yea I was the same way. Hope the price drops too haha.

I know sometimes I sit there for awhile  just to get 2 kills in one match
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I think I'm going to start playing like that more too.  Less stressful.  LOL.  But I'm not sure if I can be patient enough.  

Do you ever notice that on Rogue Transmission the game sometimes lasts like forever?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Yea it depends on how they set up the game it can be 400 points to 1600 I think so it take's forever
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#38]
I didn't think you could do the variable zoom AND straight pull all at the same time.  Hmmmm.....  I'll have to look at that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Yup. it takes the bipod off
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh yeah, the bipod.  I don't think I have one on my M40, but I had it on the first rifle they give you.  Whatever that one is called.  It's kind of a pain anyways when you're near walls and all that.  Although I think it helped me a few times when just going prone on the ground.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I tried using it after awhile of not using it and now I don't like it haha
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#42]
So, since you are into sniping in the game, do you have bolt guns in real life that you shoot?  I only have an 03A3 for a bolt gun, but I always lusted after an M40A1 or M40, or M24.....  I do have a loaded M1A though.  But there is something about bolt guns that is so cool.  I shot my first deer with my Step Dad's sporterized mauser.  And shot another with it.  It was a nice gun.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd love to have an m40 the only bolt gun I have at the moment is my dad's .22lr marlin

I'll get a remington 700 and turn it into an m40 when I can get some bills paid
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#44]
That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.  Older kind or newer flavor of M40?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Prob a remake of the Chris kyle one. I've always liked that m40 except I'll prob not go for the 338 Lapua I'll just keep it 308 or 30-06

And I'm gonna try this on the game

Well I can't get youtube to work at work so.... its the kyle load out for the m40 bf4
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#46]
That's freaking nice.  I like the older ones better though.  For me.   But that would be awesome to shoot.  I have to watch that movie.  I finally watched Lone Survivor the other night.  It was pretty good.  I read the book and I think the book was more inspiring to me.  But those guys went through hell and dished a bunch of it out in the process.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Yea they did, hate to say it but they probably should of either left them tied or ended the ones they argued over maybe they'd still be with us.  it's easy to say that after the fact though... Those movies always get to me, AS movie was good he did an excellent job playing kyle. I didn't realize he was in the Navy  the same time frame I was in the usmc.

The oldest kid made fun of me for tearing up after the movie.. I tried to explain why but it's not easy.  So I just showed him this

Generation kill is another great mil movie, well mini series. It gave me flashbacks good and bad haha.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Well now I gotta watch American Sniper for sure.  I watched Generation Kill and at first I couldn't stand that one guy that was running his mouth all the time.  The dark haired kid who drove.  In the beginning where he was just going on and on about stuff that sort of made me cringe and it seemed a little....   something.  But I stuck with it and I actually liked it in the end.  I have no clue if it was like that or not and I shouldn't judge.  But it seemed like it sort of made our guys look a little.....  immature and a bit unprofessional.  But I was never in the military, so......  Maybe I'm all wet about that.  

I think Band of Brothers and The Pacific were really good.  It's kind of my real passion because of my Grandfather dieing in WWII.   I've watched so many war movies, I think I've seen most of them.  But there are probably a few I didn't see.  

Oh, and about the SEALS not tying them up.  I agree.  I didn't want to be disrespectful of those guys.  But I remember reading "Not a Good Day to Die" by Sean Naylor and he had all kinds of respect for the DELTA and Army SF but he did not have good things to say about SEALS in that book, and they're actual skill as operators.......  I think there have been other places I've heard these kinds of rumblings too.  It may be different with ST6 than some of the other teams.  I don't know.  It does seem like a lot of them come out and end up writing books or making movies and reaping those kinds of benefits.  But I suppose so do some Army guys.  I read "Inside DELTA Force" by Eric L. Haney and I thought it was a great book.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#49]
They were darn near exactly the portrayal of Marines when not in civilian population. I was assigned a few screw up and lower rank Marines to go to camp lejune to see the president  (gwbush).   just because they respected me and how I treated them they all acted very professional while there.

One thing to remember about the Marines is we may be a little messed up and crazy but will get the job done and done very well.  

The bob and the Pacific were incredible. I was more bias to the Pacific obvious reasons... man did they go through some hard core stuff, it's hard to compare then and now.

Idk much about the situation between the seals, delta, and sf. All I know is there all very well trained in what job they need to accomplish.  Yea I see the seals being cocky and doing movies ect. But I'm sure that the delta an sf boys could do some great movies too

I have watched many also haha.    

JJREA's grandpa   thank you and rip
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Thank you for the memorial part of your post for my Grandpa.  Did I say it was the anniversary of his death on July 27th?  

Well now I have a different perspective on Generation Kill........   Remember the crazy lieutenant who was lighting stuff up and all crazy and gung ho.......  Or whatever.....  Funny..   I got you about getting the job done.   That's all that really matters!!!!  Thank you for serving.  

As you I have a bit more bias toward Band of Brothers because it was in places my Grandpa was.  At similar times.  Etc, etc.....  I had a Great Uncle that made it through the Bulge.  He was a Mechanic in "Patton's" outfit.  I don't really know what that meant.  I should ask more questions sometime but there's not a whole lot of people to ask anymore.  My Dad said this Uncle used to tell a story about how an 88 got a buddy of his.  They were walking together and one minute his friend was there and then an 88 hit and poof, he was like completely gone......  Or something like that.

Anyways.......  you sniping it up?  

Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top