Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Ranking up pretty fast I see  did you dl the China maps?
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
No, not yet.  I should though.  Maybe this week sometime.

Hey, do you use any of the barrel upgrades on your carbines/rifles?  They just all seem like if they have an upside, they have an equal downside which seems stupid.  Then it's not really an upgrade.  I posted a thread on battlelog to get people's input.  And it all seems very convoluted.  LOL.  

I've  been frustrated about sniping and haven't used the bolt guns much.  I find I like a DMR gun better on my recon guy because so many times I might get one hit with a sniper rifle, but by the time you reload and all that, they're moving too fast and out of sight.  I do wish they would've allowed higher power scopes on the DMR's though.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Right, that's the thing that brings the game down to just a game level and kills the realistic feel of the weapons.

I use a heavy barrel on my assault m416 and engineer sks .

Yea a dmr with a 4-14 would be fun.  Do you have straight pull on any bolt gun? That keeps you on scope while rechambering a round I like it but it takes the bipod off which is stupid..
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
No straight pull here.  Yeah, the bipod can be annoying, but it can also help a lot.  But I don't have enough kills with any sniper rifle to have the straight pull option.  That first sniper rifle I at least had the 14 magnifier and I really like that.  

But yeah, a lot of the gun options are dumb.  But I guess nothing is going to be perfect.  But as a gun guy it's annoying.  Eh?  
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea little bit but after all its just a game haha
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah, for me it helps me relieve some stress and turn my brain off from worrying too much about stuff.  Or being stressed.  Although every time I try to blow up a tank with C4, that gets my stress going.  LOL.  I don't know why that thing but for some reason I get all excited to do that.  hehehehehe
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Haha I know what you mean that's why I still play games.

Blowing up stuff is a deep seeded guy thing I guess  But when you get to do it in real time C4 is incredible
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
plop plop...................      click BOOM!!!

I forget the flames after the boom.  LOL.  smolder smolder......
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
right
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Another thing that is really fun is getting kills with pistols.  I like that a lot.  They actually seem to do good at close range.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 2:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Yup I use the 44mag haha
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Now that's a boomstick.  We don't have that one unlocked yet of course.  I'm looking forward to the 1911.  Although the M9 works really well for me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Yea it don't take many shot to get the kill. Haha. The g18 is fun but since it's auto it's hard to keep on target.  I still use the first shotgun and yet to try the others
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#14]
It's hard not to like the semi auto part of the first shotgun.  I use it sometimes.  Sometimes guys are just deadly with shotguns.......
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Yea they are.  Especially when they come out from nowhere and you don't have a chance to do anything.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#16]
It's funny to watch them now either after you die or whatever because they show all the pellets coming out like tracer pellets.  LOL, so realistic.   I liked it better before everyone got tracers.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Right. When I snipe long range and they know I'm shooting at them they usually just step aside. That really irks me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Do you use claymores?  I like them, but some servers ban them.  I don't quite get the servers that ban a whole bunch of stuff.  I swear one said no pistols, among other things.  I just play like I normally do and if I get kicked, oh well.  I think those rules are stupid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Yea I'll set them up when I camp haha.  

The oldest got banned off one for being a commander.

They must feel the power/control of having a server.  It does get annoying with all the rules. One we played said not to kill (name of the 3 people that ran it) or you'll get banned, not sure if it was a joke or not.. but we went after them and killed them the most because of it haha, no ban though.

I'll be back to bf4 soon. Almost done getting the armor I want in destiny.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#20]
For being the commander?  What the......    weird.  

I haven't played at all this week either.  I've been feeling kind of funky the last week and a half.  I think it's just been a hard spring for me.  Lyme symptoms and such kicking up.  But I think I'm starting to feel a bit better and I'll be back to playing soon.  It's good to have a break sometimes too.  I was playing a lot there for a little while.  

My brother in law and nephews play Destiny.  I think.  Yeah, my son says they do.  Is it fun?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry to hear that.. I'll keep ya in our prayers if you don't mind. Hope you feel better.

Yea he got banned for breaking their rule. Haha.

We all like it. It's kinda like halo but after awhile it gets boring after we beat the new levels and then we play a different game
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks a bunch.  I appreciate the prayers a LOT!!!

Games are like that.  You can only get so much before wanting to change......
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Right. I've gone onto gta v tonight just so I can drive around in the cars and fix them up. haha.  Didn't have much time to play bf4 it would of sucked me in all night when I have to work in the am.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I used to play Forza 4 a LOT and loved that.  So cool.  I was a car nut growing up.  Like muscle cars, but I love trans am style racing.  I've been to a couple of races at Elkhart Lake / Road America.  And being able to drive cars on it in a game was like a dream come true.  Sooooooo cooooooooooooooooooool.  

I don't play it much anymore.  I almost get too excited when racing on line.  For some reason I get more ramped up with that game than shooting people.  LOL.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Yea forza is a great game I got to a point where I just can't win anymore so I just build the cars.haha
I was also a car guy growing up. And raced the drag strip a few times in my built vw gti. I beat lots of mustangs I'd love to get a 70s nova or the chevelle. That all stopped when I got a divorce and then found a girl with 2 kids, I gave up my sporty car and bike for a tahoe that I lifted and put on 33s I'm way way more happier now. I also have been working around cars for over 10 years and the last 2 dealing strictly with chevy and I got to say the zl1 camaro and the new stingray z06 is incredible
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I never had anything really nice.  But my cousin did. I was always too broke.  LOL.  My first car I bought was a Dodge 330 with a push button tranny.  But it didn't run very good and it was before I even had a license.  I found out the rings were shot so I sold it.  We had a pretty sweet 76 Nova that had a 305 but it was bought for my sister right before I had my license and she kind of messed it up.  So I saved up my own money and bought a 75 Camaro.  That was my first real car that I had that I drove regularly.  350, but auto.  Then the one that was the funnest I had was a 74 Chevelle Wagon that had a lot of work done on the engine and that thing had some power.  But it was heavy.   Got like 6 gallons to the mile.  350 with an edelbrock torker manifold, 750 cfm holley, hedmann headers and supposedly a hot cam with roller lifters.  Or some special lifters.  And a B&M shift kit.  It could chirp the tires in all three gears.  Probably because it was so heavy and the tires weren't the greatest..  But man that car was fun.  

I hung up my gearhead days when I got into music.  And then being married and not having a lot of extra money.  I just drive whatever I can.  I've kind of become a Ford guy.  I grew up a Chevy guy.  But now I have a 2009 Focus and we just got a 2015 Fusion for my wife's car.  

I learned how to drive before it was legal on a Nova with a straight 6 and three on the tree.  The joys of growing up in the country.  My Grandma would let me take her car out before I even had a temps and my cousin taught me how to at like 14.

I envy your ride.  Although I like having cars that get good gas mileage.  We've always kind of wanted a truck or SUV but never really needed one and more money than we want to spend.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#27]
That's a sweet camaro.

Nah don't be envious it's nothing special. I hear you on the gas mileage part but it's finally paid off so the 18 mpg isn't so bad yay tax returns, I've dumped all of what i get on it just to get rid of payments. The only reason I have the truck is because I work for the dealer that took it in trade and got a good deal on it. My girl has a cruze so if the gas price goes up to much we drive that. I grew up like that too not having much money. Still that way but the family is happy so I'm happy.

I do love the country life  So peaceful and not crowded, low crime etc.

It's not as nice as the pic shows just because you can't see the rust on the rockers and the bottoms of the rear quarters. And the dent in the drivers rear quarter(lost sight of the trailer) it's got 176k on it also.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#28]
But you got a V-8!!!  I'm down to all 4 cylinders.  The car before the Fusion was an Impala.  I loved that car.  2004.  Well, it's not like it was all sporty or anything.  It was a base model.  But it was just a nice car.  3.2 v-6.  Biggest engine I've had in my adult life since the gearhead days.  The fusion we got has the bigger 4.  I think it's a 2.5l.  Or is it 2.7?  I think 2.5.  I forget now.  LOL.  Just bought the dang thing.  But 2.5 is pretty big for a 4.  

I like that ride.  I like the Cruzes too.  They're nice looking and seem like a really good size.  Not too big and not to small.  Are you having good luck with that car?  They didn't rate well on consumer reports when we were looking at cars.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Haha right I'd love to really wake it back up too but the cam and pistons are not so cheap to get and get installed even with my employee rate. I can do minor work that's about it.

The impala v6 is is pretty fast still. I was looking to get one for her but couldn't find one in good enough shape. And the new impalas .

Her cruze has run very well no issues with in the 25k she's put on it. not as comfy as the tahoe though  It's the 6 spd rs 1.4 turbo, wish it was the 2.0t then I'd really like it the 1.4t is a little slow for a turbo but then again it's made for fun and gas mileage... to bad it was hit the second day she took it to work. Nothing bad just some paint got removed on the rear bumper. Then we had a really rainy week or so and she was at a friends house, she drove it down the dirt driveway and hit a soft spot and sank till it hit and cracked the front bumper .

Edit: the cruze handles great in snow also.. If you want some good tires for year round but are more for snow( hope I didn't confuse you) check out the nokian wrg2 or wrg3 they worked very well this past heavy snowfall winter

We sell quite a few(Cruzes)here at work and yet to see any back for a big issue.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I just noticed you're in maine.  We have friends that moved to Jackman about 5 years ago.  You know where that is?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Yea It's a few hrs north of me in the deep woods. Haven't been there in a while
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, I hear it's pretty remote.  Logging country.  On the border too, right?  

Last night I played the game and it says there is an online update number 17 available.  I was going to download it and started to.  But then I figured out that I can play the game while it's downloading.  Except I think that made the download go slow because I played for like an hour and when I checked on it, it said it was only 4% done.  I was like grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....  I guess maybe I took up the bandwidth playing the game.   It's like 1.36 gb or something like that.  Did you do it or do you know anything about it?

Oh, I got a pretty sweet headshot sniper kill on lancang dam last night.  I was on the island.  Except I think I got sniped another 4 times to my one kill.  LOL.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Me and a buddy of mine started playing this again. I'm a 131 and he's a 130. We were getting steamrolled last night. We are pretty much exclusive to conquest, and it was like nobody on our team knew how to cap and hold flags. One time I got in the transport chopper and a teammate was throwing C4 on it. But the time I noticed, it was to late and he took off while the other guy blew the C4, sending us straight to the dirt. There sure are some dipshits that play this game and don't care about team play.

I'm all about having fun, but do it in an empty server. We use to go to those just to blow atv's across the map.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I hear it's pretty remote.  Logging country.  On the border too, right?  

Last night I played the game and it says there is an online update number 17 available.  I was going to download it and started to.  But then I figured out that I can play the game while it's downloading.  Except I think that made the download go slow because I played for like an hour and when I checked on it, it said it was only 4% done.  I was like grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....  I guess maybe I took up the bandwidth playing the game.   It's like 1.36 gb or something like that.  Did you do it or do you know anything about it?

Oh, I got a pretty sweet headshot sniper kill on lancang dam last night.  I was on the island.  Except I think I got sniped another 4 times to my one kill.  LOL.
View Quote

It's close to the border.

I haven't dl anything yet I'll check it out when I get home. Playing while  dl takes even longer mine sometimes stops dl till I stop playing.

right the island is a major kill zone especially when I'm playing I hide in the buildings back by the rear wall so it's harder to see me haha then when they get pissed enough they send rpgs my way or the vehicles destroy the building....I got to get back into playing.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Me and a buddy of mine started playing this again. I'm a 131 and he's a 130. We were getting steamrolled last night. We are pretty much exclusive to conquest, and it was like nobody on our team knew how to cap and hold flags. One time I got in the transport chopper and a teammate was throwing C4 on it. But the time I noticed, it was to late and he took off while the other guy blew the C4, sending us straight to the dirt. There sure are some dipshits that play this game and don't care about team play.

I'm all about having fun, but do it in an empty server. We use to go to those just to blow atv's across the map.
View Quote

That's the one i do the most also, conquest.  I'm not even close to 130s I'm at 41.

I got tired of getting killed 10 to 1 of my killed so I took a break. I did a hardcore match and was sniping like crazy then a teammate kept killing me whenever he'd respawn.  I hate playing with people like that.  But then you find others that are good team players and the game is actually fun even when we lose.

My 360 tag is drok556.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's the one i do the most also, conquest.  I'm not even close to 130s I'm at 41.

I got tired of getting killed 10 to 1 of my killed so I took a break. I did a hardcore match and was sniping like crazy then a teammate kept killing me whenever he'd respawn.  I hate playing with people like that.  But then you find others that are good team players and the game is actually fun even when we lose.

My 360 tag is drok556.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 360 tag is drok556.

We took a break for the longest time, but since there aren't really any good games being released, we decided to get back into it. It's always a fun game, from trying to take down choppers with RPG's and SRAW's, to hiding C4 and blowing up tanks and lav's.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Yea it is. I like to use rpgs in the locker map even though it's one of those noob things, idc
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I keep trying to use the little EOD bot but it gets shot up so quick.  I think I got one guy with it though.  LOL.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Haha I have yet to try the thing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#40]
It's actually pretty sweet.  

I should go on battlelog and find out about the update.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I played some today. While it updated so I don't know what it is for yet.  Couldn't snipe for crap today... guess it's kinda l8ke real life, take too much time off and lose some of the edge. Haha. But did get to the next rank. Yay
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I play my scout guy a lot lately, but I just use a DMR gun mostly.  I'll switch to the bolt if there are snipers lurking.  But I like the DMR guns for the way I play.  I do like to capture the flag points.  Or whatever you call them.  I just wish they'd let you put a scope bigger than 4x on the DMR guns.  Even 6x would be good.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Right a 6x would be good or the 4-14x tops, I like the sks it's a fun rifle it the game a in real time, it can take abuse..
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#44]
What do you mean it can take abuse?

I think the RFB works well.  But I use the Mk12 mod 0.  I have the SKS now, but I didn't feel like using it until I get some glass for it.  It seems like it could be a bit quicker though.  My goal is the M39 though.  Yeah baby.   I wish they would use the normal ole M14 stock in the games though.  But in Ghosts it shows the newfangled stock too.  I'm old fashioned I guess.  My son likes all the modern stuff.  LOL.  Have you tried the M39?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#45]
We have an sks, since 11 yo it didn't get cleaned for over 20 yrs and when my girl shot it whit me vs my ar it shot the same groups ..

No I haven't tried the m39 yet
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#46]
What's weird is in BF3, either the M39 or MK11, maybe both, were classified as a sniper rifle and now they are DMR's. Heck, now that I'm thinking about it, I believe the SKS was in that class as well. I'm just not a fan on the sniper rifles in BF4, but I don't mind using them. I don't use DMR's much either, other than just messing around with them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We have an sks, since 11 yo it didn't get cleaned for over 20 yrs and when my girl shot it whit me vs my ar it shot the same groups ..

View Quote

Oh you mean in real life an SKS can take abuse.  ???  I don't own one.  

Have you figured out what the update was all about?  I haven't played this week yet at all.  It's been kind of a crazy weekend/week.  My FIL passed away.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Have you figured out what the update was all about?  I haven't played this week yet at all.  It's been kind of a crazy weekend/week.  My FIL passed away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sorry to hear that  

Yea they are great I want to get another one to make into an AK style..haha..

idk what it was about maybe bug fixes
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#49]
I played a little last night.  It was fun.  I'm trying to get in now and I can't.  I also couldn't log into my battlelog account last night.  It's doing something weird when I go to login it sends me to this origins page.  I don't ever remember seeing that.  Have you?  

herestheweirdpage

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Only when I first got an account for battlelog.
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top