Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Now the shotgun on the other hand......  I gave my recon guy the shotgun on locker last night (because of the claymore, I set them up) and I couldn't kill anybody with it.  It's just weird how bad I am with it.  I think I think I don't have to aim as good.  Or the range just sucks.  I don't know.  But I don't think I got one kill with it.  I got frustrated and started using my pistol and then my engineer with the UMP.  I swear I'm more deadly with a pistol than a shotgun.  Which is like.....  dude, what gives?

Anyways.....  I like the idea of them for close quarters but I don't make them work very well.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea I have the same issue with the shotgun on locker. Idk why either.  I've was doing pretty good with the pistol last weekend but nothing else haha.

Didn't get to play at all this weekend way to much going on... work and health wise(dad)
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
How's your head?  Sorry to hear about health stuff with your Dad.  

What pistol do you use?  I've been sticking with the M9.  I like it a lot.  My son uses the 226 though.  He likes the ghost ring on it like you do.  For some reason I can't stand it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
My head is getting better. My dad seems to be doing ok now just needs to stop eating crap foods for health reasons.it all adds up when ya get older and isn't good on the heart.

45 compact(like the one I cc)but with the flat snow camo. It seems to be a good all around pistol. Like the 44 hits hard but is slow and the 9mm is fast but don't hit as hard.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
That's the pistol my son looks forward to in the game. I want the 1911.  Or the Rex would be good too.  .357.  I guess I need to play the game not online to get the rex.   I've never done that.  LOL.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
It not a bad story line parts are hard when ya have to drive
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I was glad to hear the head getting better.  

I got to the real range last week and I think I'm going today.  I did mostly AR's last time and I want to shoot pistols today.  My point in telling you is I'm planning on shooting my M&P .45.  I might do a side by side comparison with my M9 because I'm trying to decide if I want to replace the M9 as my bedside gun with the M&P.

Anyways....  that's not game related.  How many rounds you got through your M&P and what do you think about it compared to an M9?  You said you carried it, eh?  What holster do you use?
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the mp45 I use an alien gear holster iwb style. I'm not sure of the round count it's prob around 300 it's my least shot gun if it was just a little more compact it would be a great cc gun it is a little bulky plus I'm not used to carrying it haha.

I did carry the m9 otj with a shoulder harness holster.

There's too much time in between shooting both of them to really compare but I can say I was right on target with both and with slow and double tap shots.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I found that I'm just way more accurate with my M9 yesterday.....  Which kind of sucks because the M&P is lighter and a hair smaller.   It might all be a moot point because I think I'm getting my Browning HiPower fixed.  Which I like better than either of those and is smaller.

I carry my 442 every day and like that.  It's just that I want a bigger gun sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#10]
The way I look at my accuracy is if I can get all my shots in a small chest wound area. I don't need 10 shots inside 2".

I'd like to get a browning hp but don't have the money for one well not the one I want haha.

Get a few pistols in different sizes and calibers and chose one to go with the outfit of the day

I'm going to be getting my girl one soon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#11]
When you say girl, do you mean SO or daughter?  My wife is not that into shooting.  But she seems to be a bit more interested lately.   If she doesn't shoot, I suggest a .22 of some sort to start off with.  I made a bunch of mistakes with my wife that kind of soured her experience.  The first time I took her shooting, a friend came with and he's kind of a wildman.  And he brought a .44 mag and was rapid firing it.  And we were like the first two bays next to the wall.  It was so loud, I didn't even like it and it scared my wife half to death.  LOL.   Not funny though.

And then I've tried to get her to manipulate pistols and shoot my .38 snub and the recoil even with wadcutters hurt her hand.  I never did put a .22 pistol in her hand yet.  Duh.....  Next time.  I did finally get smart and she shot my 10/22 last time she went and she liked that a lot better than the other guns.  So now I need to try a .22 handgun with her.  I don't have a revolver, but she tends to like them better for manipulating.  Autos are too complex for her and she can never rack the slide on them.  

But my kids I started off right with .22's and they are doing very well with it......  I'm going to make a post in the .22 forum about our last session I think.

I played bf4 last night.  I don't get good k/d ratio's but I'm always getting a decent spot on the leaderboard.  Because most of the time I'm in the one third that actually tries to capture the strong points.  I swear it's annoying how most people don't.  And I don't know what it is, but I suck bad on Zavod every time.  It seems like everyone always sees me before I do them.   LOL.  I hate that map.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#12]
My so(fiancé)  well let's just say this she grew up with a Navy dad and her first gun was an sks. And her dad handed his 44 mag down to her too. were a gun family we are hunters and range shooters.  

Yea she has a hard time with the mp I have (slide)

Yea I have that same issue on Zavod so I started sniping on that map

Update: got her a canik tp9sa desert tan. I guess I need more pistol practice I didn't have much on paper out of 2 17rd mags... but it was cold with a little snowy breeze
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#13]
You got her a new pistol?  Woooohoooo.  Got pics?    Snow out there already????  Ugh.  It's been pretty mild in Wisconsin this fall.  

I  might have to snipe on Zavod too.  LOL.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#14]
It's a canik tp9sa next to my mp45c.  Not any snow that stayed just flying around stuff.

On Zavod I snipe from the (top or in the small room) with a claymore in the door on the tower or near it (word of caution when on the tower there will be people on the far side in a clearing sometimes they're hard to see)  

If I'm on the other side I find a spot way back to snipe people from the tower and buildings
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I earned a bipod last night on Golmud railway.  I got a guy on top of the big factory type buildings.  I was up in the rocks....  Then a fricking helicopter wasted me........  LOL.

That's a nice pistol for your wife.  I've heard of them but don't know anything about them.  Where are they made?
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Nice.. the bipod gets in my way now that I haven't used it in so long haha. Yea those darn heilos on that map

Made in Turkey here's a good write up
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the write up.

I don't use the bipod either.  It looks good in theory but really it's just a pain.  So, I only used it at the target range and then took it off.  I do think the straight pull would be nice though.  Do you use that?  I didn't earn it yet.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes and it's great to be able to keep on target through the scope
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah I gotta get that.  

I've almost earned the little shotgun for the handguns.  But I probably won't use that either.  Since I suck so bad with shotguns.  I will probably just keep using the M9 until I get the 1911.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Yea it's different .. you can't aim with it. Just hip fire but it does some damage
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll probably try it just to see. But I like using the M9 a LOT.  

What made you choose the Canik?  I read the write up.  Looks good.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]
It's a fun run and gun shotgun

My fiancé did everything but shoot it at the gun show and she liked it..but I picked the color though

We definitely need more trigger time with the pistols. Not sure how I lost so much of my training. I used to be really good.. I'm sure it'll come back, well I hope it does haha
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I hear ya.  I use to shoot a lot more before I got lymes disease and it's a bit frustrating.  

I played like 4 games last night.  I'm bored with all the shows on netflix or amazon.  LOL.   I switched to the AK5C for my engineer and was doing good with that.  That gun is accurate and controllable on FA, I think.  I noticed something really retarded though.  They turn the accuracy so far down on the DMR rifles that it doesn't even make sense to use them.  The UMP is more than twice as accurate as most of the DMR's.   It's really dumb.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe that's why I can't hit anything with the sks lately  I have to swap some of my gear around I guess. I've been busy with life and haven't played for a couple weeks now.

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, I think they put the accuracy as far down as a pistol.  Or worse.  Totally STUPID.   I know it's just a game but they go so far off with the realism with some of the weapons that it's annoying.  Just make it be what it would be in real life.  Why would that be so terrible?   I guess everyone would use a DMR.  Maybe.  I don't know.  

Anyways....  real life.. the good thing about 9mm is it's so much cheaper to practice with than any other round.   So send some rounds downrange!!!    And take pics.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Right they'd prob use the high powered accurate guns. Just like the 308 chambered assault rifle.  That one should be a good weapon but it's seems weak and not accurate at all which is understandable a 308 auto probably kicks good haha

Yea 9mm is way cheaper then my 45.  And it's 9mm 18 round mag  vs 45 10 round mag.
I'd like to get a go pro for the range times

Edt... man a I got my but kicked in a bunch of matches and I found a guy that can snip like me that part was fun(he won though)I found that guy that everyone says theres always someone better haha.

a(something)duchess watch out,  I'm guessing (she) is very good with helios I was killed by her many many times. I did get a chance to ride with her and wow I wish i could fly like that..
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Was the duchess the sniper or a helicopter pilot.  Or was it the same person?  

Last time I played I was getting sniped by one guy also.  Grrrrrrrrrr......   Actually it was dumb.  I played rogue transmission and there was only me and one other guy at the end of the game.  I played it out anyways but the tanks had us pinned down at our base.  Right at the end I somehow managed to evade all their tanks on a 4 wheeler and cruised down to B flag and blew up one of their tanks with my RPG.  I think me and the other guy both snuck past and were nailing it.  LOL.  What are the chances?.....

Link Posted: 10/24/2015 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Nope 2 different people and she was the pilot.

Haha that sounded lIke fun. Would of liked to of been in that match.

Double xp weekend!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I should play a little tonight to get some xp.   We'll see.  

It wasn't any fun getting lambasted by tanks every time you spawn at the base......  Fun for the other team.  LOL.  But yeah it was fun sneaking past them all that one time.  Nanananna.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Man I was smoking people on flood zone.. I sniped from the parking garage lower level and got 11 kills with 11 head shots 0 deaths  they were on the really tall building with a spawn becon.. as they spawned I shot them haha.  I'm surprised I did t get kicked like normal..

Then on transmission I got sniped by a pfc rank from the metal beams.. I swapped over to get him back aaaand boom head shot...  from the top of construction site that has the fag in it.  So while I was there I sniped the guys the latest are usually on the hills.. got one and when I was aiming at another that same guy shot me in the back and teabaged me I respawned on a teammate that was near that spot. I heard the machine gun go off up on top so I snuck up there and he was laying down where I was sniping.. I closed in for the knife kill  And yes I teabaged him right back. I normally don't do that but It just came out..

How many did you snip off the building in resort?  That one was good cause they were trying to snip back haha.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man I was smoking people on flood zone.. I sniped from the parking garage lower level and got 11 kills with 11 head shots 0 deaths  they were on the really tall building with a spawn becon.. as they spawned I shot them haha.  I'm surprised I did t get kicked like normal..

Then on transmission I got sniped by a pfc rank from the metal beams.. I swapped over to get him back aaaand boom head shot...  from the top of construction site that has the fag in it.  So while I was there I sniped the guys the latest are usually on the hills.. got one and when I was aiming at another that same guy shot me in the back and teabaged me I respawned on a teammate that was near that spot. I heard the machine gun go off up on top so I snuck up there and he was laying down where I was sniping.. I closed in for the knife kill  And yes I teabaged him right back. I normally don't do that but It just came out..

How many did you snip off the building in resort?  That one was good cause they were trying to snip back haha.
View Quote

Were you in that game with me when I was laying down by the lounge chair?  LOL.  I think I actually only got one kill but I had a few more hits.  I'm surprised they didn't get me quicker as I was just laying there.  

I played again later at night.  It was 11:30 my time though.  Just one game.  I was in Rogue Transmission and got 4th place.  I played engineer the whole time and did pretty well.  My new favorite combo is the AK5c with the eotech and 2x magnifier.  And I have a can on it too.  It has very little muzzle rise in FA.  And the magnifier really helps for shots over spitting distances.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Yea I ran right in front of ya haha.  I sit further back near the spawn point when I'm on that map. I didn't get many kills then either.

The magnifier is great when you can move it for close range and back for longer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I remember that.  I just didn't know it was you.  LOL.  

I earned the shorty shotty today.  I tried it out on the test range and I already had a light/laser combo for it.  I'm surprised at how deadly it as at close range.  And it also seems to have pretty good range.  

The AK5C just feels like a death ray to me.  It works so well.  It's annoying how some guns just seem skewed to performance.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Yea it is. Just run around blasting tangos with it haha.

I have that ak idk if I've used it yet.. and I know I hate how the ones I like and get stuff for are now weak

I got your sons message and I'll help him when I get a chance if he doesn't get it before I can help that is haha.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I didn't know he sent you a message.  I'll ask him what that's about.  He's talking to a friend right now and it's his friend's birthday.  He just got Xbox one.  The pressure is increasing to get it.  LOL.  He's got two friends now that have it.  I'm such a stick in the mud.  I'm like if it works, don't fix it.  I like playing these games we got.  I guess we could get one and hook them both up.  I have no clue what BF there is for the ONE.

I still need a good headset too.  LOL.  

What DO you normally use for like a carbine or on your engineer guy?  Or do you mostly just snipe?
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#36]
It was about some camo paint.

Same here a few of his friends have an x1 but I can't afford 2 let alone one right now the cold weather is here and oil isn't cheap.

I'll use the ace 52 cqb, m4, then I'll use DMR's, shotguns, pdws . Basically depending on what map and how I feel haha.

For a head set the polk audio ones on amazon are great and around $40.

Oh and what's really annoying about the bf4 game.... I play the campaign and It will not save the game play.. it resets to 0 played every time. I'm not to happy about that
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#37]
It made me do an update last night to even be able to play.  It's got that new map now, or two.  It's called Operation Outbreak.  And then for some reason it moved the night ops from the bottom to closer to the top, right underneath the two new ones for operation outbreak.

I also think it "fixed" the dmr's.  They show more accuracy on the little bars that show the capability in each rifle.   It doesn't have the range or damage that the bolt guns do, but I'm OK with that.   But before last nights bump, they had the accuracy down really low on them.  Not sure what the heck that was about.  

I played a little last night.  I got a few kills with my knife, which was rare.  Dudes tried to knife from the front and it allowed me to counter and kill them.  Twice that happened.  I got a few kills with the shorty too.  And the AK5C still rocks, IMHO.   It was on Zavod.  I hate that map though.  But that was probably the best game I ever had on it.  I got 11 kills and 13 deaths and a lot of flag captures so I was number 4.

So you guys would have to buy 2 xbox ones cuz you have 2 now, eh?  Or do you have three?  I can't remember.  That's a bummer about the campaign mode.  I've never ever tried it.  But we want to, to earn some of the guns.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll have to do that update now haha.

Yea Zavod can be a pain. I don't care for that map much either. Nice job btw.

Hopefully the update fixed the campaign too.

I'd actually have to get 3 .  1 for me and the 2 kids and I'm all set with spending 1k on on them just to have to buy more games ect.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Oh man, you'd have to sell your right nut......    

You can always play split screen and take turns.     (I'm being sarcastic)  

I don't envy your situation at all.  Everybody always upgrades and the kids want to do the same.  If it aint broke don't fix it.  Problem is we'll eventually do it.  Probably sooner than later.  But we don't need to buy THREE!!!  Yowzah.  But my son has two really good friends and they both got xbox one.  

Let me know how the campaign is after the update.  I need to try it out.  I was going to ask you something else but just drew a blank.....  ugh.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I told them not  untill  It gets more backward capabilities for the 360 games, before I look at them.

Haven't tried the campaign yet just the new map. It was kinda fun..

I hate that. Ill forget sometimes  when I got into another room to find whatever I'm looking for
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#41]
I think what I might've wanted to ask is:  Do you have premium?  Because I don't.  And in order to play the night ops or the new maps it says I have to have premium.  I was bummed.  I think you might've told me a long time ago if you did or not, but I forgot.

Now I'm back to really liking the DMR's.  But now the AK5C isn't as good as I want.  I was playing dawnbreaker and I was taking some shots at dudes underneath the big bridge from the other flag and I wasn't getting any hits.  It was the range got cut down on the thing to where it was not very useful.  Boooooooo.....  It could just be I hadn't normally shot at that distance before, but it was depressing.  And the shorty is cool, but I do so much better with a pistol, so I ixnayed that thing.  

Yeah, I don't know what 360 games are able to be played on the One.  My son says Black Ops II isn't able to.  He's all hyped for Black Ops III.  Me.... phhhhhhht.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Yea I have premium.

Yea I tried the ak5c and couldnt get but one kill haha. Or it could of been just a bad night I did a 26-4 on locker and then went down hill fast the rest of the time I played.

I lost interest in cod after the modern warfare games they got to halo like.

Probably none of the games I have... right.

Edt: just like I thought... none of the games I own are on the list

Edt II:  let your son know Im sorry I did t have my head set. I left it at work..
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Well thanks for playing with him either way.  He had his headset on.  It's the cheap one that came with the 360.  

What gun were you using on locker?  I usually do terrible on that map.  Only time I did good was the first time I tried out the SG553.  I was smoking people.  Then it seemed like that last update and I couldn't kill anyone with it.  I know it's probably just me but sometimes it feels like the game makes certain guns just suck.  

that's a bummer about none of the games you having compatibility.  I just learned my sister's family got one now too.  Ugh.... I'm always the last.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#44]
You'll laugh when I tell you.  It was the xm25 dart thing that got me alot of the kills haha.

Yea I know what you mean seems like the guns get messed with all the time I can't explain it either .

I'd wait on the x1  x1 elite is coming

Just like a computer once you buy it it's out of date
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#45]
What's the big difference?  The controller and hard drive space?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Idk haven't looked into it
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#47]
My son also thinks the DMR's got a bump from this update........  I feel like I can't kill anything very well with a carbine.  I went back to the UMP last night and it was working good for me.  

Sniping is hard when dudes are running.......  Ugh....  Did you ever try the Scout .223 bolt gun?  I want to try it because in real life I want a .223 / 5.56 bolt gun really badly for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm sore and tired from hunting yesterday ..I'm exhausted.   Up at 330 in the woods by 6am left around 5pm, must of walked close to 7 miles today while hunting. Couldn't catch up to the one we kept hearing.    Taking today off cause I'm sore from that steep climb to the tree line
Got a couple pics of the area though haha

No I haven't tried that rifle yet I just got the semi auto sniper rifle the sr338 in 338 Lapua now this is a fun recon rifle.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#49]
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Looks a lot like where I used to hunt when I was a young man.  My Uncles and Cousins are deer hunters and I have great memories in the woods.  I haven't gone in 8 years since getting lyme disease.  But oh well.  Maybe some day.  Sorry you didn't catch up with the Deer.  But at least you had a good day in the woods.  What's your deer hunting rifle?  Do any of the boys go with you?  

My son played campaign and unlocked the .357 revolver for me.  I got a kill with it last night.  I only used it a couple of times.  I wasn't holding my own with my long guns at all.  I was getting owned a lot.  So I didn't use the pistol too much.  But I like it.  Even though it's slow.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#50]
I can't explain how freaked out I get about being in the woods and finding one on me I'd rather fight a wolf. I'm also still sorry you have to deal with it

I just use my ar I set up for more accurate shots. The oldest goes when him mom let's him skip school haha.

The 357 is good power and yes its slow haha. Speaking of 357s my girls cousin came over so I could check out a couple old pistols she has to make sure they were ok... well now to the 357 she has a colt 357 python revolver and man was it a nice gun
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top