Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I had the words to explain how acurate that movie was right down to the one guy being upset he didn't get to shoot his gun and the one guy that yells at every one for the stupidest little things like shaving...

Patton was a big time general idk much about just because hes and an army general. Kinda like chesty puller was the usmc big time leader .  

Nah I haven't had to much time to play. It finally stopped raining so I had alot of yard work to catch up on. Sucks not being a kid anymore haha.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Those darned chores that have to get done.  Don't they know we need to have some fun?????  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.........  

My son has been sick for two weeks, finally starting to get over it.  But the xbox has not seen a game going in it for about 3-4 weeks now.  Wow.  Just netflix......  

I want a good, updated WWII game to come out.  That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Right or a revolutionary war one that'd be fun too.

Hope he feels better. I hate being sick
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Now that's an era of war game I've never seen.  I've always thought a WWI game would be pretty sweet too.

Thanks for the well wishes.  He is getting better finally.  He hasn't had a fever since Friday.  It was a rough one this time though.  He's had a lot of health issues growing up and it's one of those things that I really wished we didn't have to endure.   But that's life......  I guess maybe he'll be stronger in the end.... maybe.  I hope.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Assassins creed  has very time specific games and their fun too.

Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I had to ask my son what that game was and he told me about it.  Sounds interesting.  Is the revolutionary war one with guns or no?  He said the other ones weren't......
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup it has them and 1 other had guns in it but limited amount.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds interesting.......

Out of all the shooter games, what's been your favorite?  Is it BF4?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Medal of honor teir one for story offline followed by cod modern warfare and bf3/4 as a tie for 2nd

Online bf4 cod it almost to fast paced and I feel like I'm getting killed every 2 seconds

I do like halo and destiny also
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Which MOH do you like?  I had the WWII one on PC and it was one of the first games I played a lot of.   I liked the story line and all that.  But I get sick of playing any game with a story line that you have to follow and when you fail you go back and start all over again.  Blaaaaaah.  It was fun though and I liked all the guns and such.  I didn't like how it didn't have an M-1 Carbine.   I remember some other game had it.  In the paratrooper model.  This was all on PC I played some of this stuff a long time ago.  I think that second one I'm thinking as was a COD game a long time ago.  You were an airborne guy in the pathfinders.  

I played the Pacific MOH for a bit but that's when I decided I was done with story line games.  It was when you had to go in the burning ship and do something and I couldn't figure it out and my PC wasn't playing it too well.  So I never got into that game too much.  I like how it had a shotgun though.  

Anyways...  I haven't played some of those games you're talking about.  My BIL and his kids play those though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#11]
this moh the gun sounds so realistic. I like the older  cod games also getting to use a flame thrower is so fun.

I played a little bf4 tonight had a rough one haha. Me and the oldest were sniping good but they'd always jump in a heilo or tank and kill us that way.  got a recon dog tag award for 50 hrs of recon play didn't realize I used it that much. Finally reached Sgt major too the ranks take soo much longer now...

Don't have a gamer pc so never played any on one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Now you've got me wanting to play again.  You should've had one of you be the engineer with a rocket launcher of some sort.....  But yeah, those darn heli dudes.   LOL.  I can't fly a helictopter for crap.  I should practice more.  I used to fly the Dauntless's in 1942 a lot.  Especially on that one battle where it was just two carriers.  I'd do like the do in real life and go way high and then make a super steep decent and drop them right onto the carrier.  THAT was fun.   It would even start making that howling noise when you go real fast.  That was a rush.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Haha I haven't played that one.  

Can't wait till the night map comes out. That'll be fun and frustrating

http://bf4central.com/2015/03/battlefield-4-night-maps-look-stunning/
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweeeeet.  Only thing is then you'll have to make sure you have some NV or lights on your gunzzzz........  SWEEEET.  I think I have a NV scope for the shotgun.  LOL.  Lot of good that will do.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#15]
It will at close range where they can see you also haha.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:26:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if the download will take all day......

My son keeps talking about this game called "the Division" he wants me to look into it.  You hear anything about it?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Prob will the dl take forever.

I has to look it up. It's a Tom Clancy game which are pretty good but can be really hard and technical. I played rainbow six and it was pretty good not like bf4 or cod. This new one sounds good an open world rpg game that had cod bf4 action. I'll have to watch a video of it when I get home.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Prob will the dl take forever.

I has to look it up. It's a Tom Clancy game which are pretty good but can be really hard and technical. I played rainbow six and it was pretty good not like bf4 or cod. This new one sounds good an open world rpg game that had cod bf4 action. I'll have to watch a video of it when I get home.
View Quote

I'm sort of interested in the Clancy games after my son talks about them.  I like more doing other stuff than just killing.  Sometimes COD just gets so......  spawn , kill, spawn , kill. repeat repeat.  Sort of mind numbing after a bit.  I like how there are other "missions" to do in some of the other games, but we've never had a game like that.  It's also why I like BF4 because there more to do than just killing another guy.  Like repairing and driving/flying vehicles.  Capturing points...  healing.  Etc etc.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Right I like the cod story mode better then the online play
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I just read the thing about the MOH you linked and that seems like it would be sweeeeeet.  I've never even seen that game.  I'm not up on all this stuff that much.   I wasn't playing them back in 2010 either.  Are the graphics decent?
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Yea there decent and the rifles have the best life like sound of all the games..well I think anyways
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I might have to get that one.

I played a little bit of Black Ops II split screen with my son yesterday.  I'm not really into that game though.  It's his favorite.  I think it looks too cartoonish.  Especially the guns....  Well all of it really.  But whatever.  It's a game and we had some fun.  Split screen makes it tougher though.  Can't see as well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Yea it does  even on a big tv it's not easy with split screen.  We did a 3 way split. 2 had very small screens and one had the whole bottom half.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#24]
oh man that would suck.  LOL.  We got this really old kind of big TV.  It's a normal TV so it's real big in the back.  Not a flatscreen.  And it's more square.  The thing works and I don't feel like I should go run out and buy a flat screen with money I really don't want to spend when this thing works.  It has a good picture too.  It's like 31.5" from corner to corner.  So it's not real big but not real small.  

Anyways........  I saw you playing Destiny the other night.  Do you like that game?  I see my BIL and his kids playing it all the time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#25]

I hear ya. The old box tv can take abuse ask me how I know haha. (Dropped it) still worked great.  
Yea we finally upgraded to a 42 flat during the black fri sales found an LG for $400. And gifted the old tv to a friend that needed one.  Plus if you go to big it seems to kill the picture quality unless you go with a higher end version with good refresh rates and high 1080 + hd stuff whatever they call it and that up the price.. The curved 4k tvs look incredible but.. $$$$..

Yea it's fun to a point gets very repetitive. So I play it a bit with a couple people and the kids.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I notice that about bigger TV too.  I don't think the picture is all that great on some of them.  But I think people just assume bigger is better.  

I got one my son has I think.  Chest cold/flu.  Coughing and feverish.  No game playing here lately......  

In real life, what's your favorite configuration of our beloved AR?  Or do you have another carbine type weapon you like more?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#27]
One of my co-workers talked me into to getting BF4, and never plays it.

Any ARFSquads? Clans?

I don't have a mic currently but plan on getting one soon.

GT: Micromort

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I notice that about bigger TV too.  I don't think the picture is all that great on some of them.  But I think people just assume bigger is better.  

I got one my son has I think.  Chest cold/flu.  Coughing and feverish.  No game playing here lately......  

In real life, what's your favorite configuration of our beloved AR?  Or do you have another carbine type weapon you like more?
View Quote

Not looking forward to them going back to school and bringing sickness home...

Just a simple 223 5.56  16" with a ff handguard, fixed moe stock , buis and a rds, and a light mounted on the 9:00 position.  The only other ones I have are ars but in 7.62x39, 308 and soon 300blk. Plus a 45 and 12g.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Any ARFSquads? Clans?

View Quote

Haha I know how you feel I was bugged for awhile to get xbox live and now he doesn't get online and swapped to the xb1

Don't know about an Arf clan but I have a bf 4 platoon.. its through here.. If you sign up for battlelog our platoon is called FIRE TEAM 556

Sent friend request..drok556
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Just a simple 223 5.56  16" with a ff handguard, fixed moe stock , buis and a rds, and a light mounted on the 9:00 position.  The only other ones I have are ars but in 7.62x39, 308 and soon 300blk. Plus a 45 and 12g.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

16" carbine gas or middy?  What rds do like?  I have yet to ever buy one.  A long time ago I looked and looked and aimpoint reticles always looked funky to me. I think because of my prescription.  But then I looked through a vortex sparc a few weeks ago and it was real crisp.  It might be because I've got a different prescription since then.  I do kind of like the eotech reticle.  But I think ACOGs are really the way to go.  No batteries and some magnification.  I have a leupy 2x7 in a larue mount but it gets kind of weighty at that point.  Good for a bench gun though.

The biggest downside is all of that stuff costs so much.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Carbine. The rds is a primary arms md 06l and I also have the updated version too. http://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Micro_Dot_With_Removable_Base_p/md06llhmbundle.htm

Id like an aimpoint but $$ is kinda to much for now. I take my time and build them slow so I don't go spending bill money haha.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I might have to try one of these, or the Bushnell TRS-25, or whatever it's called.  I like how this one has a mount at least.  Most guys on this sight get all like....  if it's not one of the big 3, you're just wasting money and are going to die!!!    I have no clue if one should rely on it for serious work or not, but I think sometimes that gear stuff gets a little bit over the top.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Right Haha But if it breaks I'll toss it and use my irons no biggy I'll be out 100 or so.
If you go on youtube and look up tests regular people beat on them. Here's the first one I found. Good enough abuse for what I'd use it for my hd gun is a 45 anyways.

If I'm going to all out combat then yes I'll spend some money to get the ones I can beat the crap out of and have been proven combat effective. For around here hunting and hd the cheaper ones are fine by me. Now armor on the other hand I'll buy the high end stuff. May have just contradicted myself there.. haha.

Had some bf4 time this weekend. Had 4 on the squad and the game is easier with communication.  On the map with the big dish in the middle I was on the top of a post and got a nice moving head shot stupid helios kept shooting us though...
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#34]
A moving head shot?  Oh dang you're good.  I think that's Rogue Transmission.  That's the one that sometimes takes forever.   How long of a shot was it?  Did you get an award for it?  I gotta start playing again.  Maybe after I get over this cold/flu thing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Yea I think it was more shoot shoot and pray haha.  Not sure but at 40x they were still small. No award    I have to many games going on at once I'm playing about 4 different ones the last week or so haha. Yea the cold flu is horrible  I used to get sinus infections alot what a miserable time I had with it..
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#36]
What's the other 3?  Destiny is one of them, right?  My son and all his friends love Black Ops II but I'm just not very keen on it.  Of course now he's talking about Black Ops III and getting a XBOXone.  The wanting of the next level or next great thing will never end.  I kind of don't like that pattern.  I'm more about finding what works and sticking with it.  But I suppose that's not very "progressive" thinking.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Bf4, destiny, gta5, umm guess it's just 3 haha but I have many games. I played bo 2 but it got on my nerves when people spawn kill you so I just don't play it anymore.

Right that's how they make money.. I'm not going the x1 till the 360 is almost obsolete plus I'll wait till the price drops and the next upgraded xbox comes out with backwards compatability.  

I feel the same I keep it till its broken and unfixable.. I have a Dell laptop d620 that's heavy old and I fix it cuz it works fine it doesn't even have a hdmi port on it haha.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#38]
GTA5, is that a racing game?  I played Forza 4 for a while and really liked it.  I was getting "kind" of good at racing against dudes on line.  I started getting in the top 5 at times.  It's kind of rough out there though.  So many guys tune their cars and it helps a lot.  Although the driving is the main thing.  I don't know how to tune the suspension that well.  I just use a baseline set up and try to drive as best I can.  It actually kind of fulfilled a dream.  I love road racing and we live somewhat close to Road America.  I've been to a few races there.  And being able to drive cars on that track, even virtually, is quite the experience.  

Maybe I said all this before.  LOL.  Sorry if I'm repeating myself.  What tracks do they have in that game?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Well there's racing in it.. but noo it's a non kid friendly game, gta v I try to be the good guy in it haha. Except when im doing a heist to get money for cars etc. I buy cars and fix them up and store them in one of my buildings.

Forza is a fun racing game I thing I have 3 or 4 not sure what one. I spend most of my time fixing them up too haha. I got to a point where I just couldn't win so I stopped playing for awhile.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#40]
I was thinking GT stood for Gran Turismo, but then it was a little confusing because I think that's only playstation......  You're such a bad boy...  Grand Theft Auto.  LOL.  

Forza 4 was my first game on the Xbox 360.  And first video game I had played in a long while.  When we first got the 360 like 2 years ago.  I think it was.  It is a really good game.  But yeah, some of those dudes are so scary fast, it's insane.  And then there's the dudes that never race fair and try and bump you off and it's quite annoying.  That's not my style, I'd always try and race fair.  In the beginning I got nowhere though.  It took me a long time to finish and not get a DNF.   I do the best in B class.  A class is rough but can do OK sometimes.  C class I could do OK sometimes too.  But I never even tried S class online.  Scary fast.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Haha. Don't really play it often but its fun with a bunch of friends

Right I don't get how people can get so good at games.. but I guess that is show ing my age now haha. I'll have to get an nes and beat the kids at super Mario Bros..
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Bllllleeeech.  I never liked Mario.   But I know a lot of people did.    I didn't play a LOT of video games as a kid.  We didn't own one.  At my friends I played some Atari and intellivision.  I'm probably older than you.  Heck, I even remember playing Pong at my cousin's house.  

When I was in my 20's I played Nintendo with some friends a few all nighters.  I remember playing some RC car game.  And I also played Mike Tyson enough to beat him.  Took a while though.  And a bit of Madden.  I forgot about Madden.  My son and I have played that on Xbox 360 some.   It's pretty fun.  

LOL
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#43]
That was a weird video. Haha.  Probably not much older I'm 36 till Dec 7.

Mario was just the first one to pop into my head when I said it haha.

My girl calls me a big kid haha. I didnt play much atari since it was on the way out when I was old enough to play but I do remember  pong, frogger and pit fall.

I'll have to see what forza game I have maybe we can race sometime...haha since it's been so easy to play bf4 together
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll be 44 in January....  

Yeah, we did get to play that one time and then I think it went caput after like 3 minutes.   LOL.  

It's always good to have some kind left in us.  I think.  I'm way too serious most of the time.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Yea to a certain point cause ya know we have to have a job and act all grown up and stuff haha.

I know right, the servers arnt always the greatest.

I did some squad hardcore death match and....it wasn't to fun bullets flying everywhere, even was shot by a squad member so Yea I didn't do to good haha.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Haha I know how you feel I was bugged for awhile to get xbox live and now he doesn't get online and swapped to the xb1

Don't know about an Arf clan but I have a bf 4 platoon.. its through here.. If you sign up for battlelog our platoon is called FIRE TEAM 556

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ARFSquads? Clans?

Just sent you a request. Having trouble finding the PLT.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:06:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ARFSquads? Clans?

Don't see any requests. What's your gt?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ARFSquads? Clans?

Angelbeast6
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#49]
I forgot the BF4 has hardcore too.....  friendly fire sucks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Angelbeast6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ARFSquads? Clans?

Angelbeast6

Haha gotcha.  Sent the invite from the plt
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top