User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI....

A stubby grip helps the Tavor a lot.  I earned one, put it on and had a super great locker game.  Great close range, shorter ish range gun.  Not so good medium or longer range though of course.  A little bit slower reload and you go through ammo like Grant took Richmond.
View Quote
Yep, a stubby grip is great on it. I run the Tavor as my primary for the engineer class. Coyote sight, suppressor, stubby grip.
You'd be surprised what you can do with it at medium range with a little practice.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Nah just grab a 240 with an acog and unload down the hallways in locker
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, I have the Elcan on mine.  It's a good combo.  chuga chuga chuga
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not that I'm good but my locker/metro strategy is recon so I can place becon near fight for team respawn, claymore a little closer to protect the becon, CQB carbine with target spotter. I try to help the team in ways other than kills since I'm not great at that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not that I'm good but my locker/metro strategy is recon so I can place becon near fight for team respawn, claymore a little closer to protect the becon, CQB carbine with target spotter. I try to help the team in ways other than kills since I'm not great at that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That sound like a good idea..
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
*sigh*

played for a few hours last night.  1st game i was horrible and the other team was pretty decent.   think i went 17-20?    few games after that i was ok but then i got in my groove and in my helicopters....that was till 1 guy that was  on the other team would jet ram me every single time.     That and i consider myself a better than avg scout pilot but i went up against someone yesterday on paracel storm that had 762/laser and even though i would be able to get the jump on him, an air-to-air or 2 on him, he would burst me with those 762 (i use 25mm for the most part) and id be dead instantly.    I have told myself i want to go back to using the 762s, this may be my reason to do so.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
*sigh*

played for a few hours last night.  1st game i was horrible and the other team was pretty decent.   think i went 17-20?    few games after that i was ok but then i got in my groove and in my helicopters....that was till 1 guy that was  on the other team would jet ram me every single time.     That and i consider myself a better than avg scout pilot but i went up against someone yesterday on paracel storm that had 762/laser and even though i would be able to get the jump on him, an air-to-air or 2 on him, he would burst me with those 762 (i use 25mm for the most part) and id be dead instantly.    I have told myself i want to go back to using the 762s, this may be my reason to do so.
View Quote
That is where using 25mils cripples you; air-to-air combat against someone with minis.

Definitely try to get used to the minis with the laser guided as your secondary. Infantry will be more difficult but choppers and ground vehicles are much easier. As mentioned before, try practicing on the dummies on the training range. That helped me tremendously to get used to the minis against infantry.

Jet rammers can FOAD. I can't stand that. No skill whatsoever. When I was a server admin, jet ramming was an insta-ban.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:08:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That is where using 25mils cripples you; air-to-air combat against someone with minis.

Definitely try to get used to the minis with the laser guided as your secondary. Infantry will be more difficult but choppers and ground vehicles are much easier. As mentioned before, try practicing on the dummies on the training range. That helped me tremendously to get used to the minis against infantry.

Jet rammers can FOAD. I can't stand that. No skill whatsoever. When I was a server admin, jet ramming was an insta-ban.
View Quote
played for a few hours tonight with some friends.  changed it to minis but kept air (honestly, just kept forgetting to change to ground).  the mini's saved me more than enough.  actually, made it REAL easy to take out other choppers (the same way they would burst me and kill me).  in fact, i got hate mail a few times tonight.  inf was alittle harder to get, but that will come with practice.  

I played a few games on some server (TEA...something)  all 3 of their admin were on.  Now, i can understand if im having a bad game, or if my team sucks, but we were all on point and ive never seen so many bullsh*t deaths via random headshots.  that and the attack heli was going almost as fast as the damn jet (ok, not THAT fast, but there was a few times it was out running me as i chased them IN a jet).  after a few games like that i got out and went to a different server.  ill do the air to ground next time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I played Locker and Metro last night. I decided to go full medic since I'm never going to out shoot those 1/2 or 1/3 my age.
It was pretty fun. With the field upgrade on COMBAT MEDIC you can do some good. I try to revive at 100 health, reviving at the min is a waste as they die again in seconds.
In one Metro round I got 17 medic ribbons and 4 defib ribbons.
The medic seems much less likely to die and if injured you can heal yourself. So I ended up with about the same number of kills I get as Recon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#10]
The way I play the game the most is Recon with a carbine / spawn beacon / c4 (for the tanks).  Cap'ing flags and giving a spawn for the team to do it.  I especially try to find a spot under a cover so you don't have to float down and get shot up.  Some maps it's hard to do that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Played a little bf1. Use the hellfighter shotgun and charging at the flags, it worked out good a couple times when i tossed in a gas grenade and then went in shooting haha.  Bf1 seems to be faster deaths vs bf4
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:50:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I've created a Milsm for BF4 on PS4.

Add me. RedLeg13F88.

I need more dudes that can do training. I'm doing everything myself.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Would but i dont think itll work to well on my xb1  wish they would cross platform the online play..
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm starting to get bored with BF4.  Even though I think it's the best one.  I might want to try BF1 for the heck of it.  My son said not a lot of people are playing it any longer.  You have problems getting into lobbies?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I absolutely wasted money on BF1, hate it. Still play 4 often enough, usually Siege of Shanghai playing king of the mountain, till some asswipe takes the building down. Still plenty of people playing 4.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm starting to get bored with BF4.  Even though I think it's the best one.  I might want to try BF1 for the heck of it.  My son said not a lot of people are playing it any longer.  You have problems getting into lobbies?
View Quote
My son (13 yo) loves BF1 but for an old guy like me it's too hard.  I die every 30 seconds. Seems being a sniper is your only chance, or you better be good at avoiding them.
I bought my Xbone when BF1 first came out and it was included. I liked it then but I guess all the youths have gotten better at it since then and I have not. I got BF4 for free the first month with free EA access (that was Jan) and I thought it was the greatest game ever. Never heard of it before, always played COD on PS3.
Now I'm tired of BF4 and played Destiny and Ghost Recon Wild lands out. Not sure what to play now. Destiny 2 coming soon?
I need a game server for seniors only, lol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Jj-  no issues getting into lobbies

John- yea i hear ya im not a big fan but since i have it i try to play every once in awhile.  The game that i feel like i wasted money on is the division...

Dale- i agree we need a old guy server haha i spend more time respawning in ugh... haha
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm trying to run around with LMG's more as the support guy.  They're a bit harder to stay on target with recoil, but the kills are just so satisfying.  And just letting a bunch of rounds rip is a lot of fun.   I started using the MG4 last night.  First time I used it I didn't like the muzzle climb.  But it throws lead really fast.  Getting better at just zipping 3 at a time for more distant shots.   But it's fun to just throw lead down the halls on locker or something like that.  hit hit hit hit.  Maybe not a lot of kills but helping the team out.  LOL.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Haha yea thats fun to just unload 100s of rounds down the halls. While possibly getting that one or two kills lol
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I like how you can just keep going and going.  Hey, barrels don't burst from overheating????????  LOL.  

Did you like that C4 kill when I dropped it from that tall building?  That was so luck.  I had no clue the dude was going to be running right by my C4.  hehehehehehe.  I did know someone was down there, so I figured what the heck.  I thought that one was pretty epic.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Haha right.  This m60 proves that..

Yea that was crazy..lol
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, that thing went for a bunch of rounds.  I'm sort of blown away how long it went for.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Must of been a heavy barrel to handle that much punishment
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#24]
For sure.  I get a lot of suppression assists come up when using them in the game.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Haha heck yea, what its made for
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, lately I've really been using the Tavor a lot  MTAR as they call it.  It works really well for me.  And nearly as fun as an LMG.  You just have to reload a lot more.  But man that thing zips them out there with very little recoil.  I probably sound like a broken record.  I said this already, didn't I?  Oh well.  

I'm getting sick of getting in Shanghai 24/7 servers though.  What the heck.......
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Haha yea getting the same server can be a pita when alls you want to do is play something different
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Got to get back to playing bf4.  I miss it. Haha
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm getting a little burned out on Destiny 2 so I've been playing BF4 this week.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Yea i hear ya.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#31]
@jjrea

Congrats on your team giveaway win
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Why thank you.  You're talking about my membership on here, right?  Yes, it's very nice.  

What you been playin lately?  What you been shooting lately?
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#33]
I found a server this weekend that was only DLC maps. One map I had never seen before. These maps are awesome. The server is Yallscrayz116

I got this achievement. Cold Blooded Get a kill with an icicle   0.63% of gamers unlocked this
And as usual had some really close games. This as a nail bitter.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why thank you.  You're talking about my membership on here, right?  Yes, it's very nice.  

What you been playin lately?  What you been shooting lately?
View Quote
Been playing destiny 2 quite a bit but now im basically maxed out 2 characters im back to bf4 lol

Well i finally got my 2 stamp pdw 9mm done and its a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I found a server this weekend that was only DLC maps. One map I had never seen before. These maps are awesome. The server is Yallscrayz116

I got this achievement. Cold Blooded Get a kill with an icicle   0.63% of gamers unlocked this
And as usual had some really close games. This as a nail bitter.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413906/we_won-348050.JPG
View Quote
Icicle?  Wow didnt know thay was a thing
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Been playing destiny 2 quite a bit but now im basically maxed out 2 characters im back to bf4 lol

View Quote
Pics?????    A 9mm AR is a really good idea.  Cheap to shoot.  I wouldn't even mind a .22 conversion for one of mine.  Keep the price down.  And I could use it for chipmunks and squirrels in my yard.  

I'm still plugging away at BF4 regularly.  Couple times a week.  It's like I just can't stop.  Been playing engineer a lot and putting mines down.   It's sort of anti climactic cuz you don't get to see what happens all the time.  You just see the words, vehicle destroyed.  LOL.   Very effective.

Sniping has been frustrating.  I did some last night, but getting headshots is not easy.   To get the marksman ribbons.  People just move around too much.  How dare they.  LOL.

One thing is fun is when you can countersnipe dudes with either DMR's or even sometimes carbines with a scope.  I've been using the Elcan mostly lately.   Because a lot of times when I get sniped, it's not overly far.  The dudes that sit really far away usually miss and then you know to start running around.  LOL.  Every once in a while you'll run into a sniper that knows what he's doing.  Deadly from far off and really hard to get away from unless you got your own sniper rig.   But they are not that common.

I would play the assault more if he had a bit better defense against tanks.  The grenade launcher is the proverbial spitwad against the tanks.   But I play Large Conquest and the tanks be a rollin in those games.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Need pictures.
I love my 2 stamp 9mm carbine, but mine is a Beretta storm not an AR.

I still switch back and forth from D2 to BF4.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Have a good thanksgiving guys
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Wow, that is really short.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wow, that is really short.
View Quote
Lol. Thats what she said

Its a 4.5" barrel with a 6" supressor
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Lol. Thats what she said

View Quote
lol, I cut mine to 12" and the Omega 9k is 4.7".
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Thats what she said

Nice.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Ooooo I'm jealous.  Does it take Glock mags?  AR Dale, we need a pic of yours too.

DROK, what optic is that?  I bought one of those fieldsports and so far it's working and I like it.  I had it on one of my AR's for a range session and it worked decent.  I like the smaller housing.  But I think I would prefer a mini RDS like the Burris FF3, or something like that.  Less obstruction in the sight picture.

Man I bet that thing is fun to shoot.  Offhand.   Have your ever done a test and are you any more accurate with it than a pistol?
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Yup it takes glock mags.

The sight is a primary arms rds.

Nope havent done any offhand but it shoots a bit better since i can use the stock lol
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:19:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Takes 92fs mags

.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice. Thats looks fun to shoot
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Yes, nice!

Is that the PA you had on your AR drok?  Or did you get another?  I would like to try one eventually.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Yup all i have is 3 pa red dots and a vortex scope.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice.
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top