Page / 36
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
100% extra XP event going on now.

Also slightly related
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
right..

Hope it goes all weekend.  Did you get to play when they did the 400% xp weekend that was great I jumped up 4 ranks fast haha.

FYI if anyone doesn't have bf4 it's $9.90 at the moment
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to work, I only got to play about 30 minutes during the 400% weekend. I still levelled up a couple times though.

I also found that if you use a 25,50,100,200% modifier thing during one of these events, it gives you stupid amounts of points.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I was really wondering if it did anything I felt like I wasted a 100 the last time I tried it haha, but it could of been I just did terrible
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish I was at home so I could buy it for 10 bucks.  Any way to do it remotely?  Is it going through this weekend?  I'll be home saturday night.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#6]
You can try going to xbox live sign in then find the game store and it may work from there, not sure though
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was really wondering if it did anything I felt like I wasted a 100 the last time I tried it haha, but it could of been I just did terrible
View Quote

I was running a 200% one yesterday and finished a few seperate games with about 150k in points after the end game totals were added up. Breaking 100k in points isnt all that difficult for me with a 200% on.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#8]
WWI............
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup, looks great too.  

Man I got my butt handed to me tonight did some hard core and too many friendlys killed us..  but I did finally beat my 880m shot with 1012m shot haha
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#10]
What map did u get that shot on?

So u like the way the new one looks?  I was real hopin for ww2.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Lankang dam.

Yea it looks intense.

Id be happy for a mid to post WWIII game type but not all stupid like cod.   Have the landscape of ww2 as in almost  everything has been war torn etc but in today's time and weapons.

Man I wish I could design a game haha

Oh if ya do get the bf4 on the one the dragons teeth maps are free also
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it still 10 bucks?  I should go see.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#13]
It was the last time I looked
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I got it!!!!!!  Only thing is I think it's going to literally take almost two days to download.  I started it at 8:15 approx.  It's 10:37 and it's only at 5%.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:54:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Yup...  do you have the x1 set to instant on, if ya do it'll dl even when the x1 is off.

Don't forget the free map dragons teeth

It's a big game you'll notice a difference as soon as you start playing haha
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I was wondering about all that.  I noticed it wasn't downloading at night.  I should do that during the night.  But there are times I want it to stop because it slows our netflix down.  LOL.   So I think I'm only at 28%.  I'm going to turn it on in a minute.  But I definitely should run it during the night.  How do you turn that instant on on....  And shut it off?
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#17]
first press the Menu button on the controller. Next, go to Settings, then Power & startup. Under Power Options, highlight the Power mode, then press the "A" button on the controller to toggle between instant-on and energy-saving.

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for that. We're going to try it today.  You can reverse it back to normal mode, eh?  I hope.  It sucks up the bandwidth in our house when it's downloading.  But we'll do this at night.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Yup just click on it.

Man over the weekend I got at least 5+ knife kills haha.  The moments just kept presenting itself so why not
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I need to be brave and try a few of them sometime.  I just rather light them em up.  

The download is at 80%.  We saw the options where you said.  We actually choose the energy savings mode, but it gives you an option to let it stay on.  So it ran all last night.  We should have it by tomorrow.  My son is kind of excited.  I just hope we have enough internet bandwidth to let it run in multiplayer.  I may have to up it.  

I played the last two nights.  Was in a good lobby last night with tons of action.  I got first place on Paracel Storm.  Not a lot of kills but I was capping flags with a helicopter for a while.  Until a singer got me.  LOL.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice, i think I've only been 1st a couple times .  Just wait till you hit the operation locker map  it's nuts haha.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nice, i think I've only been 1st a couple times .  Just wait till you hit the operation locker map  it's nuts haha.
View Quote

I can't imagine a full 64 in there.  Of course you said it was bigger though.  But still.  The explosions.......  Migraine city.  LOL.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Yea it bigger but not on locker it's just about the same minus being able to go into the spawn point
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yea it bigger but not on locker it's just about the same minus being able to go into the spawn point
View Quote

Oh man, that must be intense.  About the same size with that many guys.....  INSANE.  There'd be someone to shoot around every corner.   Shotgun city.  

I'm really like the HK416 with a suppressor and eotech.  It works really well.  I can't believe how accurate they let it be.  Will be interesting to see what I like on XBONE.  It's at 97%.  Should finish up today.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#25]
It's done but it doesn't want to run for muti player.  It seems like somewhere it said it wasn't connected to EA games.  I'm not sure what's up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#26]
It does that.. I get disconnected from ea sometime also just have to retry or maybe reset the xbox.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, that's what we had to do.   I think it's working.  We were actually on our way to the real range when it finally got done, so my son just went into the test range and did some shooting.  The graphics are wow, it has a lot different look and feel to it.   Looks good so far!!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Yea I had to get used to playing again haha
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I played last night.  It ran good.  My son always thinks we need to get more bandwidth because black ops III hasn't run so well and sometimes his minecraft gets laggy.  But I don't know if it's the bandwidth or not.  Because for some reason BF4 always runs fine. I was concerned that this new game wouldn't because of the bigger maps and more guys but I didn't have any lagging.  And yeah, it was pretty nice.  Another step in the direction of looking real.  Seems like the foliage is better and more concealing.  Which is more realistic.  

Oh, on a hunch I tried the 1911 after not doing so well with the G18 and I like it a lot better in this version.  I'm going to have to try the DMR's too.  I saw a lot more guys using them.  At least I was getting killed with them.  LOL.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Haha yea I see the svd dmr used alot.  I like the 1911
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, I think that's the one some guy kept killing me with.  I've used it before, but I don't have an optic for it yet.  

What pistol do you use the most?  I guess I should try the .357 too now.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Mostly 1911 or the sawed off shotgun  haha

Got the p90 and m249 today and a pp2000 I think

For the p90 finish the campaign mode and give C4 to Hannah  for the m249 give to irish idk if you can keep the C4 or not.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Are those names of they guys in campaign mode?  I know not what you are speaking of....  LOL.  

I've got a strange question for you.  In real life, what's your favorite rifle to shoot?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Yea they are with you most of the story.

Prob just the ars.  I've got the most time on that rifle and seem to always just go back to it..
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I tried the .357 on the range and it's still, meh.  But I'm really liking the 1911.  You can shoot it fast now.  Feels like I can shoot it faster than I could in the 360.  Although I know you have to reload more.  My son is wanting the HK45.....

I played locker last night and WOW.  I did pretty good though.  I was #5 and went 19/22.  It was almost a full game of guys I think.  Super intense.  Those choke points get pretty wild.  Like at the big area/  flag in the middle.  

So you like the AR's the best eh?  Makes sense.  They run so good.  I'm still trying to figure out which of my 3 I want to set up as my SHTF / HD gun.  And I can't ever pick.  LOL.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Haha yea it's  crazy all out brawl in the small areas..

I have one for hd but I'll probably end up grabbing a pistol cause of how the place is set up.

Its sometimes hard to chose
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Well that's the way I've always planned was a pistol in the Nightstand.  But for some reason lately I feel like I want an AR for that role.  I probably don't really need it for that though.  I think it's because I'm always using my G26 for HD and it used to be the M9.  And the less rounds make it sort of.....  light on rounds.   LOL.  I need to get a G19 mag with one of the xgrips for night time and then I have 15 rounds on tap.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Haha right.  I use the g17 mags in the 19 only a +2-3 rounds though.  I really want an ar in 9mm then find a 9mm drum if they make them

Not sure if I mentioned it but I did end up getting rid of the xd45 for a g19g4.

That p90 is great it unloads the mag fast with out much rise. Seems to get the job done well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Haha right.  I use the g17 mags in the 19 only a +2-3 rounds though.  I really want an ar in 9mm then find a 9mm drum if they make them

Not sure if I mentioned it but I did end up getting rid of the xd45 for a g19g4.

That p90 is great it unloads the mag fast with out much rise. Seems to get the job done well.
View Quote

How did you find someone to make that trade with you?  That's what I'd like to do.  xd for a glock).  I think I'd do a 17.  I wouldn't mind a 21 or 22 though.  

I always thought a 9mm AR would be a good thing.  Good HD / shtf gun.  

I'm going to switch gears on you and ask you a serious question.  Since I think your boys are older than my kids.  Both of my kids are entering into teenage years and arguing more and all that.  How do you be a Dad and not be disappointed and get upset.  I'm so tired of trying to expect things from them, then they don't do it, and then I get upset.  But I don't feel like I shouldn't have any expectations.  Or their never gonna learn how to get things done.  You know?   With my son, his brain is always too focused on what he thinks is fun, instead of thinking about things he needs to do around here.  Like chores.  You gotta tell him to take the garbage out over and over and do a good job.  Like straighten up around the can, etc.  But he does stuff quickly, so he can get back to whatever else he's doing.  You know, doing things half way.  With my daughter, she's turning 13, she just got her period.  She's a very sweet girl, but she''s arguing with everything anyone says.  She doesn't do it snotty.  She just does.  I just want to say something without it being an argument.  LOL.   She's doing it to everyone.

Sometimes I just want to shut off my emotions and become a robot.  Because I'm tired of being disappointed and upset in how they act.  Overall they're really good kids.  But they still have a lot to learn......  

I know I was no different when I was a teenager.  I mean maybe a little.  I used the leave my Dad's tools all over the place and never put them back.  LOL.  It drove him nuts.  Poor guy.  I was really bad at that.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I went to a gun shop

Well I have no good answer for ya they both act the same way here too with fun or their own stuff and don't even want to lift a finger to help.  I just end up either doing it myself or having to take the xbox away till it gets done... Idk what to say, but my girl says theyll out grow it. I seem to just expect alot also.. I think it's just our generation and how we grew up with less technology and distractions.. plus I jumped into being a dad when they were 3 and 8

The messed up thing is I also left my dad's tools all over the place. I bet I owe him a good $200 or so in tools I lost  since I realize how expensive they can get.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#41]
A gunshop did a trade for you?  Did they give you a fair deal?  Or did you meet someone there?  There must be more to that story.    Most gunshops around here want to rob you.  I understand they're their to make money, but I rarely get good deals at one.  Or I should say ever.  Not around here.  Every gun I've ever bought from a gun shop I've paid more than the going rate.  Because that's just how they are around here.  My lgs wants 589 for new G4 Glocks.  And that was like 6 months ago.  It might be even more now.  I remember my Dad paid 599 for our M9's (he bought me one and himself one) back like 10 years ago.  I was like, ugh.  

Yeah, da kids.  Can't live with em, can't shoot em.  JUST KIDDING.  I was having a few rough days and needed to vent.  Sometimes it feels like life is just a string of disappointing events interspersed with a sprinkling of good times.  But so many times you set out to accomplish some action and crap happens and I'm in the point in my life where I lost patience somewhere along the way.  It's all used up.  LOL.  I gotta pray fervently every day for it and I lose my temper way more than I want to.  I gotta work on that.  We have good times but man things can just push my buttons.  

It is weird how in 20 years things changed so much.  When I was my sons age, I couldn't wait to drive, I was working on cars.  I was all about cars.  And I liked to shoot my pellet gun in the yard and be outside all the time.  Did lots of stuff with my hands.  Now these guys are all glued to the TV's and Computers.  In my son's case it's made worse by the fact that he has allergies so bad, that when he goes outside he has an asthma attack half the time.  Except when conditions are right.   Well actually it's getting better these last few years.  Tonight he goes and plays ultimate frisbee with a friend from church and a bunch of people.  And they play for a couple of hours. Which is good.  But I gotta try to train him how to ride the lawn mower to get some work done around here.  LOL.   And yeah, sometimes it's so much easier to just do the stuff yourself than fight with the kids and show them how to do stuff right.  hehehehe

I played last night and didn't do real hot.  But man that game is pretty stinking cool on the one.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Yea at the lgs, It was an ok deal but I got rid of one I don't use for one I will, I'm sure they got the better end of the deal still but meh....

Right, I was outside all the time wanting to do stuff. Yea I hear ya on the allergies i have them also but not when i was a kid  sorry his are that bad.  I tell the kids they need some type of skill even if it's just minor work around the house cause it'll help greatly later on.

I haven't played since sat haha..

so I spent the money I saved for boots on a 9mm ar lower  I guess it's a good thing the ones I have now are still in good condition haha
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I've been thinking about a few projects around here I want him to help me with.  We redid our bathroom a good while ago.  Had a guy put tile on the floor and around the bathtub.  And it raised the floor up a bit.  I have to shave down the door a little on the bottom if I want to fit a finishing plate over where the tile meets our bedroom floor.  It's been uncovered tile for a long time.  Good thing it's not sharp because the edge of the tile is higher than our bedroom floor.  I think it was about 10 years ago we did this.  LOL.  I did all the trim and my Step Dad helped me do some of the electrical.  We had to move a light fixture at the time.  All stuff I have learned either on jobs or as a young man.  My son doesn't know jack when it comes to working with his hands and it's concerning.   Although he's only 15.  But still.   I mean he can do legos.   But who can't?   So yeah, I agree with you there about the learning how to do that stuff.  

I'm excited for your 9mm project!  Hey, if you have an H2 or H3 buffer to trade for a 9mm buffer, I have one.  I have an RRA 9mm buffer in my M4gery and I should probably put a carbine one in there.  Are you gonna start a thread in the 9mm forum?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Well ya got me beat Im not to good a flooring haha I tried the vinal tiles in the bathroom...and... not so good but works for now  

Actually I think I may have one laying around, I'll check and get back to ya.(edit)  well the extra I have is a 3oz(2.9••oz)new carbine buffer not sure if that's an H buffer or not

Probably not I may just post it in the 9mm picture thread but idk yet this will take awhile to assemble.

My plans are to have a suppressed 9mm side charged sbr when done. (Subject to change) haha
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#45]
No, you got me beat.  I didn't do the floor.  Tiles are way above my pay grade.  I just did the trim.  That was easy and fun.  I used to work for a place called techline.  It's kind of like Ikea but it has desks and cabinetry and we would put the stuff together for people and deliver it.  But it involved custom work.  Built in desks and hanging cabinets and making things different sizes for people when the standard wasn't what they wanted . Special pull out shelves for printers.  Etc etc.  I learned a lot about that kind of stuff.  It was pretty cool and fun.  And hard work.  That stuff was formica and real dense pressed board and the 1" tops weighed a lot.  And the commercial cabinets were not light.  Must've moved a gazillion pounds of stuff over those 4 years.  

Anyways....  I don't really need an H buffer.  The M4gery I have runs on wolf with the 9mm buffer in there.  And recoil is pretty stiff with just a carbine buffer.  So I'd rather have an H3 or H2.  

A side charger, suppressed huh.  This is going to be coooooooooooool.  I did something funny.  I had my daughter paint an extra A2 grip OD, just for fun.  She actually did a pretty good job and I may have her do my whole lower now.  LOL.  Why?  I don't know.  Painting is all the rage.  I do think they look cool in something different than black.  I don't think it's like a necessary thing though.  Most dudes will say it's better camo and NV doesn't pick it up as well.   For soldiers that understandable.  But for us common folk?  Really?  I never wear camo.  Ever.   What would be the point in camoing my gun?  Even if the SHTF I doubt I'd be wearing camo.  Well maybe I would.  Who knows.  Anyways...  What's your take on painting guns?

Played a little bit last night.   I don't really remember what maps.  Golmud and something else.  When there's over 20 guys on either side it gets crazy.  Wow.  Oh yeah, dawnbreaker.  I feel like it's harder to join a squad now.  Is it because I'm a high rank?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Haha nice, watch you'll have her paint one and you'll have a flowers and butterflies all over you ar ..

I don't mind painting them I've just been to lazy and don't really have a spot to do it now. I want to paint my hunting one and I already have my 870 tiger stripped

Yea that's the "plan" for the 9mm but we'll see.

Not sure why the squad issue, I don't think rank plays into it but I really don't know either maybe it's just their server ??
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Purple and pink.  LOL.   If it was only hers it wouldn't be so bad.  Heck I don't even know if I'd mind a purple one that much.  LOL.  And pink was used by the SAS in WWII.  On the jeeps. In Africa.  LOL.   I've been wanting to for a long time.  But I've got no other reason than just that.  If I coyote hunted it would make sense too.  But I don't  I don't see how camo'ing guns for deer hunting does anything.  We have to wear blaze orange here.  And supposedly they're color blind.  Not sure how anyone knows that.  

I painted my Mossberg 500 krylon OD.  But I hate how the wood feels now.  Holding it is like paint on a chalkboard.  I never shoot it since I got lyme disease.  I'm not tough enough.  LOL.  Although with managed recoil it's not that bad.  I would like to get some plastic furniture for it.  Or something.  

I was getting into squads last night pretty well for some reason.  The AK5C is hard to beat.  The M4 works well at medium distance, but it sucks up close.  I did something that you don't normally see last night.  I rode up an elevator and when the doors opened, somehow I got 2 guys when there were 4 of them sitting there waiting to get the guy coming up on the elevator.  I got killed right after I got the 2nd guy, but it was pretty funny.  LOL.  How did they miss me?  

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Yea we have to wear orange also.  Idk just like the paint and I like to do it but haven't haha.

Never painted wood with a spray can.. but my 870 has a gritty feel after I painted it but it's only on the metal parts for some reason.

Hopefully I'll get to play this weekend  I like the m4, haven't use the ak5c yet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#49]
A buddy from church, the guy who sold me the G26, says he might want to trade me his G22 for my M9.  I'm thinking I like that idea.  He's got 200 rounds of .40.  I've never had a .40, have you?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Yea thats what I traded to my fbil for the g17g4

I didn't have any need for a different caliber plus i have a 45 haha.  

I'd keep the m9 but that's just me, plus I'm a little bias toward it too..
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top