Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 36
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never built an AR.  

Yeah, most FA guns in the game allow you to go semi and sometimes burst.  I just gotta find the one that works the best for like both.  And having the right optic is a big deal.  I was running the SG553 with an eotech and 2x magnifier.  That kind of works.  I don't have the M4 yet though.   That's the one I'm kind of looking forward to.  I wish the rest of the classes could have the full sized rifles though.  I'd be all over the M16A4.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck I'm still trying to find one I really like haha.  

Idk why I even bothered to play tonight I'm doing horrible
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I had fun.  It was cool being in there with you.  Except I think you were painting a target for me, but either I wasn't an engineer at the time, or what.  I didn't even know you were in with me other than I saw your name at the end of the first game.   I tried joining you when I first went in, but you were in a map I don't have.  So I guessed you joined me.  LOL.   I'm not sure how it was I was getting high scores.  You had more kills than me that one game.  I guess they give you points for capturing the flags.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:19:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea they give points for every flag capture.   I wasnt sure so I painted one haha.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't remember if I was an engineer at the time.  I saw you put up the optic thingies though and it didn't sink in. Duh.....

Sorry about shooting you on top of the building on Golmud.  We kept taking fire and I was just scrambling around trying to find out from where and I kept thinking somebody was going to sneak up the stairs.  Which they did eventually.  LOL.   Good thing they don't do friendly fire......
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
They do in hardcore mode Which is challenging and fun yet frustrating haha.

Yea its hard to work together with out coms haha.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I know I know.  Maybe for Christmas I'll get some.......  Were you wearing any that day?  I can hear you if you want to talk.  LOL.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Haha I didn't mean it that way.  I had them on so my girl didn't have to hear the game.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#9]
That would be a big upside to that.  My son says he thinks you can hear better the bad guys coming with good ones......
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine are around $40 and they sound great. I can hear guys running around like they're right next to me haha.  I've had turtlebeach and don't like them.  Unless you want to spend 180+ don't bother with them. Look into polk that's why I have now and they're great
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#11]
That seems like a really good deal.  Polk.  Got it.

I've started to use the other classes.  Since I feel like I'm always just assaulting, I started using the assault class.  I think those guns are the best against people, unless long range.  But then you're defenseless against vehicles.....       But I was using the Aug and AK 12 and I was doing pretty good with them in gunfights...... Not sure if I'm any better with them than any of the carbines.  But you know how I hate Zavod?  I went 13 for 13 on that one using the Aug and being an assault.  That was a first for me.......

I tried the support class too.  I thought I'd be able to put up a bunch of claymores at once by putting a ammo box down.  Well, it doesn't work that way.  As soon as you lay a second one, it takes your first one away.  So you're only allowed to lay one down at a time.  Even if you can replenish is with an ammo box.  Now grenades....  they let you replenish and throw of course.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Haha nice. I'm getting better at driving the tank yay.  I like the engineer class for the rpg and the dmr's on certin maps. Assult for the closer range ones.

That would be great  surround yourself with them haha.  Just like mines only allowed 3.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm looking into the Polk headsets but there is such a discrepancy in prices.  I can see the ones for around 40 bucks.  Are they wireless?  They look comfy.  How does the microphone work?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#14]
The ones I have are $40 range, wired and the mic works great. I have the blue ones and one of the kids got the black ones. I really wanted the green but the price at the time was 80 for the same exact thing except the color they are way more comfy then the turtle beach that I paid $90 for and have lasted longer.  If bose made some for the xbox I may have splurged and spent the $$ on them. I've tried the regular bose headsets on and man they're so nice...

I was sick of buying batteries so I like wired.  Now just to get a wired controller haha

Edit..just saw how to make a wireless controller into a wired controller with a USB cable.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#15]
So where does it wire into and how long is the cord?  

So my latest goal is to level up the Support dude.  We have the U100 LMG which is kind of like a big assualt rifle and has been working well enough for me.  I want to get the mortar and be all Eugene Sledge on everyone.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#16]
The mortar isn't really that effective, unless you can get 2-3 people firing in tandem at the same target. It is fun when you finally get a kill with one though.

Are any of you guys playing on PS3 or is this just a 360 thread?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So where does it wire into and how long is the cord?  

So my latest goal is to level up the Support dude.  We have the U100 LMG which is kind of like a big assualt rifle and has been working well enough for me.  I want to get the mortar and be all Eugene Sledge on everyone.  
View Quote

Into the springs where the batteries go and the cord can be as long as you can find one.

And as munzy said theyre not really great .  

but fun to shoot haha. Don't know who Eugene Sledge is

I haven't tried the  U100 yet
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The mortar isn't really that effective, unless you can get 2-3 people firing in tandem at the same target. It is fun when you finally get a kill with one though.

Are any of you guys playing on PS3 or is this just a 360 thread?
View Quote

Yea it's not real great but fun.

We're on 360s

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:19:55 AM EDT
[#19]
WHAT?  Google "With the Old Breed".  He's a marine for crying out loud.    The series, "The Pacific" was based on his book.  Well it was based on three different books and his was one of them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:17:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
WHAT?  Google "With the Old Breed".  He's a marine for crying out loud.    The series, "The Pacific" was based on his book.  Well it was based on three different books and his was one of them.
View Quote

Ahh ok the name did sound familiar. I'm horrible with names sometimes  that was a good series (the pacific) man those boys went through some crap..
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, that was a good read and series.  But that stuff is hard to read.  So.......  so much pain.  My Grandpa died in France in WWII, so I really liked Band of Brothers.  Plus I think it was like one of the first movies that really relied heavily on what actually happened from the guys that were there.  Not some hollywood fantasy production of war.   My Grandpa wasn't airborne though.  2nd ID.  They fought a lot of battles though.  

I used the mortar last night.  And you're right.  It's a lot of fun, but I didn't get a kill with it.  I thought I might've disabled a vehicle, but probably not.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Yea I remember you telling me about your gramps

I seem to run out of ammo for it quick and then forget how to back out of the view..haha

Have a good thanksgiving
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry about repeating myself  I'm immensely proud.   But sad about it all at the same time.  

I just noticed something about the support guy.  When you're on the chinese team, he looks really really stupid.  LOL.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Don't be sorry I'd be proud and sad too..

Haha Yea they do.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm starting to get worried about if I have enough bandwidth in my house for my son to get Xbox One and have it work well.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I have no idea how much they take if they even take more.. I know when we're all online with the 3 360s and the ipod and phones, one of their xboxs tends to be lower bar and takes alot longer to dl stuff. Hehe mines directly connected with a wire
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#27]
What's your service set at?  Mine is only 1.5 gigs right now.  Because of all my health problems, some of the lyme disease people say too much of the wireless waves in your house isn't good.  I've been thinking about going all hard wired because of that.  Then I could bump of the gigs......  I don't really know if I ever notice.  One time I had them bump it up and got anxious about it.  Like it WAS affecting me.  So I had them turn it back down.  But it was probably all in my head.  But I swear sometimes I'll go to Panera and in the section that is designated for wifi, I feel like my ears start ringing more and I feel strange.  But who knows.  It's probably all psychosematic.  Or however you say that.  In my head.

But then everybody gets cancer and nobody knows why......
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Not sure what it's at. I've never heard of wireless waves making people sick hmm.

Hope its not true...  our panera dosent have a specific section for it, it's on the small side.

I'll have to look into it, got me all curious now.  I've heard the crap in foods now a days isn't good and can affect you poorly.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Well just about anything now can supposedly kill ya.    Pretty soon they'll tell us making love causes cancer....

I try not to buy into the hype.  But ever since I've had lyme disease I'm super sensitive to certain things.  Food was hard for a long time.  It's getting better.  A lot of stuff I used to eat all of sudden made me feel sick.  I had lost 20 pounds in one month when it all hit.  I had to start eating really healthy like salads and veggies more and less junk food.  Less sugar.  Now certain things still really mess with me.  Even certain "healthy" foods can make me feel ill.  I just had to figure out what things did it and what didn't.  And now I'm slowly getting better I have to add stuff back in.  But it's kind of scary because I don't want to make myself sick from eating.  I just got really tired of it so I got really gunshy of foods.  Which sucks because I used to eat all kinds of stuff.......  

Anyways....   To put it in it's simplest form, at one time there were no radio waves on the earth.  Now there is.  Started with Radios.  Then TV, and add cell phones, Wifi, etc etc.  It does make you wonder, is it doing something negatively to our body?  Same with the microwave.  I avoided it for a good couple of years.  But now I added it back in to my cooking routine because it saves a lot of time and I'm not as concerned about it.  But maybe I should be.....  

Hey, I know you guys are saying the mortar sucks, but I'm having a lot of fun with it and I've got 6 kills with it so far.  That lmg I'm using works pretty darn good too.  U100 or whatever it's called.  I just got first place in a game.  Although you don't always rack up points from kills.  But I clearly got a mortar kill this last game and it was pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:04:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Good thing we don't live in cali then everything gives them cancer haha. Even though cancers not a joke.

Yea I'm sorry you have to deal with that idk what I would do I can't really have milk as it is(not comparing) just can't imagine what your going through. Better to be cautious then sick. I hate being sick, especially when I'm not sick allll summer then..... school starts

It's not that the mortar sucks, it just hard to get a kill with. I'll have to try it again when we have a commander online to see the targets haha
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh yeah, you pick up all the sickness the kids bring home from School, eh?   FUN FUN.  

Now were over here debating if we should get a PS4 instead of one for my son.......  I'm still just going to play BF4 unless something better comes along......

I usually get targets to come up.  I assumed if they come up on the minimap when they're shooting they'd show up on the mortar pad thing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Yup most of the time I can avoid getting it even when everyone else has it but not always.

Ps4  haha jk.

Yea if they shoot they should appear on the mortar map too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I got another kill with it last night.   But yeah, it's not necessarily that easy to get a kill with it.  I'm not sure it's any easier with a claymore or c4 though.  I did get a C4 kill last night though.   I was throwing it down by that art work thing on the A Map of Seige of Shanghai.  I had just taken the flag and you know that big sculpture in the middle?  Well I was gonna just lay some C4 and go for another flag, and if I saw that the A flag was being taken I was going to detonate the C4 from a distance.  I thought that might be a good tactic.  Although you'd have to place them where you think the dudes might be.  Well anyways, right after I layed the c4 down this guy jumps down in there right by the C4 and I had the detonater in my hand already and BOOM.  I was like, wow, that was pretty sweet.  

That u100 works really well.   I have an ACOG on it and it works well for a general purpose type gun.  It is accurate at longer ish range.  It's not super great at spitting distances, but I have a laser on it and it helps with the hip firing.  I just need to learn how to not aim better when the action is so close.  Sometimes I can remember to just hip fire and sometimes not.  Being a support guy I barely every use my pistol anymore though.  I've always got ammo.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#34]
To get one of the guns you have to get 3 or 4 kills with C4 and I forget what map... it's not the bf4 ones it's one of the other maps. I've maxed out my recon guys rifles and now I'm trying to unlock the rest.

Haha sometimes I'll end up blowing myself up by accident trying to get C4 kills.  The claymore it great I just place them in doors I know are used alot and then set and forget..

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#35]
What gun it is that you unlock for the C4 kills?  

I have gotten some kills with the claymore.  But I think there are a lot of times it doesn't get anyone.  I try to place them in good spots.  Maybe I'll use them some more.  I did have one game at seige of shanghai again, where I kept putting one on the doorway down in the A flag.  And the same guy ran down two times in the same spot and got blown up twice by my claymores.  And I actually watched it.  It was pretty funny.  But that doesn't happen very often.  

Have you ever tried to send the EOD bot up the elevators without you being in it so you can run it out like at the B flag on shanghai or heinen resort?  I tried to do that once but I couldn't get out of the elevator fast enough when you hit the button to send it up.  LOL.  But that would be pretty cool.  

You made me think about something.  If the counsel is hard wired from the router, and you still have others using the wifi, does it not knock down the speed on the hard wired item?  I think one of our computers is hard wired because it's right next to the router.  But maybe that's what we could do is send one of them over to xbox......   Hmmmm.....  I have to think about this and look into it.  That would help if I didn't have to have two separate systems.  One for hard wired and one for wireless.  I was thinking that's what I might have to do.....
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#36]
It gets you the sr338 recon rifle this is how to unlock..
Reach Rank 10
Sniper Rifle Ribbon x3
Get 5 Kills with C4 on Naval Strike Maps

I haven't tried the eod bot yet.  I send C4 up the elevator haha.

The last paragraph..... I have no idea I don't know enough about that stuff haha.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I tried that C4 up the elevator thing once too.  I never knew if it blew up or not.  Do you know if you have to be within a certain distance to blow it up?

Yeah, I don't know about all that technical stuff either.  But you said you have your xbox counsel hard wired, right?  It's probably a good idea.  I was playing last night and my daughter was watching netflix on her computer at the same time and I didn't have any lag issues in those games.  But hers is hard wired to the router, I think.

I'm up to 10 kills with the mortar.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Idk I just let it go for a few seconds then hit the button haha.  

Yea mines wired the kids wified  ones lag some but they're at the other end of the house. I need a router or something down there to help.

Nice I haven't played in days.. just been busy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#39]
We should definitely try to wires ours up.  I bet it would be a good thing.  I'm going to look into that.  I know whenever I download updates it takes freaking forever.  

Hey, you shoot your M&P .45 lately?  I've only had a few sessions with it and I'm not nearly as accurate with it as I am my M9.  Do you see it favor any kind of ammo?  I've been shooting mostly 230 grain FMJ, but I noticed that in certain guns sometimes it doesn't group that well . Or maybe it's just me.  I had magtech and WWB.  I'm going to try varying types of ammo with hopefully a good amount of the lighter weight stuff.  To see if I can get better results.  I want to carry it, but it would be nice if I could shoot it better than my Snubby revolver.    Otherwise what's the point?  I guess 5 more rounds and more power is part of the point.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#40]
My update take awhile too.

Not lately but when I do I shoot wolf cuz it's cheap and I can shoot lots haha.  But it seems to eat what I feed it.  I really haven't paid attention to what shoots better but I will start and when I get a chance I'll get a mix of brands and try them out.

I've always been a 45 fan just because I can carry 10 rds and still have some know down power. Kind of best of both kinda thinking
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah, .45 be expensive compared to 9mm.  Midway has some magtech 50 round boxes that are pretty cheap right now.  I haven't seen wolf .45 on shelves much.  I almost bought some blazer steel cased cheap stuff yesterday but I opted to spend a bit more and get some American Eagle.   I got some Hornady American Gunner stuff.

So my next range trip I have:  AE 230 fmj, Hornady 185 FTX, Hornady 185 XTP, Federal Guard Dog 165 grain, UMC 230, and WWB 230.  It would be nice to find a practice load that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that is actually somewhat accurate.  I have about 500 rounds of WWB right now though......  I guess if I'm shooting at 7 yards, it shouldn't matter.......  

I think everyone is hating me when I use the mortar.  I don't see a LOT of people using them.  Every once in a while.  I think I actually killed a mortar guy on one map.  LOL.  I'm up to 13 kills with it.  I know it doesn't stack them up quick, but it's so much fun.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Yea no kidding 45 isn't cheap I usually buy the steel ammo for the range.  Haha right I'd hope all that ammo will hit at 7yds. Also picked up some 308 not cheap either haha. I need to start reloading

I thinks it's because it's hard to get a kill, but I'm gonna start using it.. I do have fun. Shooting the mortar. Haha nice he probably was looking for ya.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, reloading.  That would be a good thing.......  I started to a while back.  I bought a tumbler.  And then that's when I got sick.  So.....  I've got a buddy who has all the stuff and he tells me I could use it.  I would like to do .38 special for my snubby.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Can't you shoot another caliber with that gun too? Or am I thinking of a different one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I've got a smith 442.  It's just .38 special.  I have a Model 19 that is .357 / .38.  That's a 6" model.

I played a little bit today.  We rearranged our living room and it's even more gamer friendly.    I only played one game though.  I didn't get any mortar kills.   Boooooooooo.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Ahh ok.

Haha brought the fridge over next to the couch huh

Aww not even a hit?.   hopefully I'll have a chance to play tomorrow and try the mortar out again.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:54:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Is that bf4 on x1/ps4? That's sweet.

I don't know how people get so good at it. Haha
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Oh no u didnt.   NICE.   One time I shot at a guy driving one of those jeeps and it killed the driver and made him fly out and the jeep didn't explode.  My son was a witness.  It was wild.  Actually I think drok556 was in that game with me, but I'm not sure if he saw it.  

My son said he thinks that game looks like battlefield 3.

drok556:  No I got some hits with it.  But they don't do a lot of damage to tanks and stuff.  I think that's what I hit that first game.  I did get another kill last night with it.  boooom.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:46:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Haha yea I think I remember that shot.   The tow launchers are fun too I use the one on Zavod and just keep shooting at the building
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top