Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 36
Posted: 4/20/2015 1:41:55 PM EDT
I just ordered it with the china rising expansion pack.  Anything I need to know?  Planning on playing multiplayer online.   I used to play BF 1942, Vietnam, and 2 on PC and just loved it.  I kind of stopped FPS games for a while and then last summer we got into them again.  My son too of course.  He's 14.  Dang, it doesn't sound right when I type that out.  14 geeeez.

Anyways......  WE started with COD ghosts for the 360 last summer and I like it a lot.  He likes it too, but he plays BLops II with his friends.  But we thought we'd try this game now.

Any input on BF 4 or anything else I said, would be cool.  I really thought BF2 was the best of all of the Battlefields when I played it.   Loved the squad tactics and commander options and then the way the guns were was so much better than Vietnam and 1942.  I like how you actually used your sights in BF2, whereas the other two you just had that stupid cross hair floating on the screen.  Unless it was a sniper rifle.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Me and the kids play it all the time and have our own squad/fireteam haha.

The game has bullet drop which it a fun feature. It does have the cross hair on screen for hip fire

we'll be playing all week while on vaca look me up if you want to play my xbl sn is drok556
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:13:06 PM EDT
[#2]
SWEEEEET.   Will do.  I don't have it yet.  Probably coming Wed.  I don't mind the crosshair on the screen for hip firing.  But in Vietnam and 1942, aiming the gun didn't have you aiming down teh sights, it just magnified everything and kept the crosshair.  I'm assuming aiming the gun shows you the sight picture, right?  

I'll tell my son we might have some dudes to hit up online.  Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have all the maps downloaded?  Can you play online if you don't?  Are the glitches fixed?  

my xbl name is abinmyveins.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
the gun sight picture is really good for a game it like looking down iron sites and whatever rds, scope you have. The part I don't like it you can only have certain parts on at a time vs real rifles can. You'll see what I mean

I have the premium one so yes I have all the maps.

With the game you get the bf4 maps so you can play online with them just not the other ones till they get dl.

Ill add you as a friend when I log on in the am when the fiancé heads to work And I'll send an invite to our platoon If you want to join  No big deal if ya dont  i left the link here if you do

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#5]
It sounds like there might be more of a learning curve with this over COD / ghosts and blopsII.  Although hopefully from playing II on the PC it might help me out some.  Are you ever the commander?  But yeah, we might need some guidance and maybe we can join your squad.  I don't have a headseat though.  I need to get one.  Well, my son wants one too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It sounds like there might be more of a learning curve with this over COD / ghosts and blopsII.  Although hopefully from playing II on the PC it might help me out some.  Are you ever the commander?  But yeah, we might need some guidance and maybe we can join your squad.  I don't have a headseat though.  I need to get one.  Well, my son wants one too.
View Quote

I tried the commander but I'd rather run around haha.  

x42  I have these ones and they work great and have great surround sound but I may get rid of them for some that don't hurt my ear and jaw (comfortable wise) the kids have the x12 which have the same ear cups and they can wear them all day.. so it must be me haha.  

Yea we'll help ya out
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like the 12's have wires and the 42's don't?  

I was going to start my game up today but my son and daughter were both acting up this morning, not listening very well and we usually use electronics as a punishment.  Grrrrrrr.......  Maybe tomorrow I'll get it going.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was going to start my game up today but my son and daughter were both acting up this morning, not listening very well and we usually use electronics as a punishment.  Grrrrrrr.......  Maybe tomorrow I'll get it going.  

View Quote

Yes the 12 is wired and 42 are not.

Haha sorry, but that's what we do here too. It works pretty good though
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Be prepared to have to unload a whole 30 or more mag into a guy to kill him unless you are good at head shots, tea bag and tea bag often, they will do it to you, don't be surprised if you get messages from UK players teasing or complaining, also be ready to avoid those gay ass servers where admins make rules on what weapons you can and cannot use, no stingers, no C4 and no shotguns is most popular, the vehicle spammers don't like when you hit them with guided rockets, it's not fair.

My sn is Sean22477  my 2 man clan is called.....TBAG, I play often, really only play tanks and BF4 actually.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I'd get a set of turtle beaches, when you are hiding in a corner, you can here foot steps approaching better, I couldn't hear that with my xbox factory head set
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Be prepared to have to unload a whole 30 or more mag into a guy to kill him unless you are good at head shots, tea bag and tea bag often, they will do it to you, don't be surprised if you get messages from UK players teasing or complaining, also be ready to avoid those gay ass servers where admins make rules on what weapons you can and cannot use, no stingers, no C4 and no shotguns is most popular, the vehicle spammers don't like when you hit them with guided rockets, it's not fair.

My sn is Oleotis22477 my 2 man clan is called.....TBAG, I play often, really only play tanks and BF4 actually.
View Quote

roe man roe. Haha

I forgot all about that good call.

i nevery follow their dumb rules and have yet to be banned  add me and maybe we'll catch a match sometime.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the game running good for you guys?  I'm on the battlelog forums and seeing a few complaints about freezing.  

What's your favorite weapons?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Yea it seems to work fine. A bug here and there but never really had a big issue

These are what Im using now

Assault- m416 carbine
Engineer - qbs 09 shotty
support- m240
Recon- srr61 sniper
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm downloading it now.  The updates are taking a long time.  What's the second disk for?  

So, you don't use the M16A4??  For shame.  LOL.  Just kidding.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#15]
The second disc is campaign play which is great also. Yes dl takes forever I've dl a few games that were 7gb and sat around for about 45 min to an hr.

I used the M16A2 in the USMC does that count

No M16 when I got the premium pack I had add ons for the m4 16 so it's more upgraded haha
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?  You didn't have to unlock the M4 by playing??

I played about 4 games last night and got my butt handed to me.  I think I got a total of 5 kills.  But probably 5 times the deaths.  I played all conquest.  It is a really cool game.  Some things are annoying though.  I can't see jack inside buildings.  I don't know if I have to adjust my screen to brighter or if they are forcing you to get a light on your gun or what.   And the most annoying thing is I sometimes get a little startled in a gunfight and accidentally press down on the right stick and my knife comes up.  But in Ghosts it goes away.  Here it stays up until you toggle back to your rifle.  I had more than a few gunfights that I took a few shots and brought my knife out.  One time I wasn't too far away from a guy and I tried to rush him and get him with my knife but he still got me.  LOL.  It was pretty funny.  

And the maps are so big that a lot of the engagements can be really far away.  Although you can have some close up stuff too.  I got a kill with the Beretta Carbine and then 3 with the AK and one I blew up another tank with a tank.  

I like the game though.  It's a lot different than COD in a good way.  But if you want to just have a ton of gunfights, COD is better.  But with BF you can do so much more with vehicles and then there's the squad tactics and it's really cool.  

Got any tips for a newb?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Yea it has to be unlocked the one I use is considered an assault rifle m416

I had to turn the brightness way up.  Don't feel bad I'm level 29 and still only get 3-8 kills
Try to find the newb servers itll be easier and will help unlock stuff faster but once you hit level 10(I think) they won't let you in them . And knife kills can be reversed on you so be careful haha. the best way to get stuff is to find the gun you like and use the crap out of it to help progression For upgrades.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if I can turn that knife thing off.  Probably not.  I may have to learn to not do that.  

Learning the maps is the other thing.  They're so big.  They kind of resemble some of the ones in BF2 though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#19]
do you have cod bo2?   That's the other game we play.

you'll learn the maps quickly . Operation locker and lankang dam are my favs . Locker is all out shooting cqb I use the shotty or m240 for it plus lots of explosions!  The dam is my sniper fun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Is Locker the one where if you go outside it looks like your up on high mountain with snow everywhere?  I did play the Dam one.  That's where I tried to rush a guy with my knife because I accidentally had it out after firing a shot or two.  

My son likes BlopsII.  He plays it with his buddies from church.  I actually just played it with him for the first time last night.  We played Dad's and son's against each other for a little while in a 1 v 1, well 2 v 2 game.  And then we played together in some lobbies.  It was pretty fun.  They actually just bought BF4 because of my recommendation, but they just got it yesterday and didn't have time to download it yet.   I think BLOPsII is kind of cartoony looking and COD in general is just way more fast paced because of the maps.  And it's more like playing a game of paintball.  Which I suppose has it's purpose.  I actually like ghosts better and that was the game I played.  Although it's obviously similar.   I think the graphics are better and the sounds and stuff.  

Anyways...  my son played bf4 a little bit while he was waiting for his friend to get home and play blopsI and he liked it.  He found gamestyle that didn't have vehicles and it was more his style.  And he unlocked the defibrillator for the assault.  What is tough is you have to use the pistol to unlock the other ones.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.    If I get into this more, I may have to get some of those headsets.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Yup locker is that one.
got to use one weapon long enough to unlock more.... Yea I use the head set when I play the games with the kids. Oh but when I'm just playing bf4 alone when they go to their dad's I crank up the surround system

I know what you mean its to arcade like vs more realistic. the best realistic gun sound I have to say is medal of honor teir 1 and warfighter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#22]
OK, I'm now a lance corporal.  We gotta play together sometime.  I'm getting the hang of it.  I was 2nd place a few times in regular conquest games.  Not by kills but probably by capturing flags.  Or whatever you call it.   I've been playing engineer mostly.  Some scout.  My son and I are splitting the guys so we can both have two each to customize how we want.  He gets the assualt and support and I get the recon and engineer.  I might've already said that.  Anyways....   I was using the Beretta 9mm carbine of course in the beginning and got a red dot and a light on it.  But then we got the AK5c and I switched to that.  However, I may go back to the 9mm because for some reason I like SMG's and I want to get up to the UMP45.  Except I think the AK5c is probably a better weapon.  Better range less recoil.  The UMP 45 just hits a little harder up close.  Anyways.....  My son was just reading the comparisons between the two.  

One thing that is confusing is nobody really does commander or I'll request orders and not get an answer very often.  And then a couple of games I hit that right space bar to get orders and it had me being a squad leader I think.  How do you choose to be a commander?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't remember how I did it once

When you find the gun you like use it alot and it'll unlock compensators and suppressors, rds etc. Then the game will get a tiny bit easier haha.

Now that my vaca is over I only get to play on Friday night Saturday early am then not till after 430 unless it's my sat to work then no am and every other monday .

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#24]
We'll be gone this weekend.  Going on a short trip. I probably have to get all the maps to be able to play with you though.  I haven't downloaded China rising yet either.  

I want that .357 revolver some MP412 something or other.  But the only way to get it is through campaign.  Did you ever play campaign to get some stuff?  There are a lot of things to learn in this game and I don't know how to.  Do you go on that battlelog and track your progress and ask questions on the forum?  

How do you unlock knives?  My son wants to know.  I did get a kill with a knife last game.  Do battlepacks just get unlocked from playing?  I'm tryinng to understand how that LAW works too as I play engineer a lot.  Although I just unlocked the stinger.  Will the stinger work on tanks too?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We'll be gone this weekend.  Going on a short trip. I probably have to get all the maps to be able to play with you though.  I haven't downloaded China rising yet either.  

I want that .357 revolver some MP412 something or other. But the only way to get it is through campaign.  Did you ever play campaign to get some stuff? There are a lot of things to learn in this game and I don't know how to.  Do you go on that battlelog and track your progress and ask questions on the forum?  

How do you unlock knives?  My son wants to know.  I did get a kill with a knife last game.  Do battlepacks just get unlocked from playing?  I'm tryinng to understand how that LAW works too as I play engineer a lot.  Although I just unlocked the stinger.  Will the stinger work on tanks too?
View Quote

no Not if I play on the bf4 map that's what everyone gets with the game and I usually play them..

Yup,  i've beat the game once and lost my progress on lots of games also even ones I've spent a year on to get far in

Yea I track it and can make different load outs, check battle packs and run my platoon through it. Battlelog is a great addition to the game. No I don't go on the forum on it. I figure it out myself.

through battlepacks, assignments, different maps, im not sure if its just by using them  I havent unlocked any that way yet.

Yup they are given out through out the game for different reasons and ranks.

The stinger is air, fire and forget no land vehicles.  I havent used the law yet so not sure.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#26]
OK, thanks.  Here's something kind of dumb though.  How can a .380 bolt gun have a max damage of 100 and then the .380 DMR's have 45?  That's just stupid.  Sure, you could make it a little bit less effective and less accurate, but THAT much?  That's just stupid.  

I'm going to try and get on battlelog.  So we could play together?   What is this managing squads?  Is that other friends that play with you?  
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#27]

It's a game that probably wasn't done by people that know guns very well I guess  It's like I can't have one attachment on at the same time as another when we know very well we can...

We play on the bf4 game through the xbl connection when you see me online you or me can invite to play on the same team

battlelog is all your stats etc. I have a platoon on battlelog that has has people I play with and we share the same emblem (unit logo)
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I may be interested in joining your platoon?  Possibly?  If you're having more?  Or maybe I should start my own?  I might have a friend starting to play soon.  Although I'm not sure when.  He got the game but is in the middle of moving.  So.... it may be a while before he gets set up.  

Can you change your uniforms?  
Does the M412 fire in DA or Single action only?

What's your favorite map?  

I'm kind of weird.  I play mostly engineer and I've been sticking with the MX4, even though we have the better carbine AK5c.  I really want the UMP 45 or the UMP 9.   I so OK with the subguns, but assault rifles are probably better.  But for some strange reason I  like subguns.  They feel kind of old school.  Like the ole MP5's or for that matter a Thompson.  LOL.  Hey, it's a fantasy world playing games.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Platoon.  It's up to you, we'd be glad to have yall  and your friend. The platoons don't really give any extra points towards the game it's just for fun of having  platoon stats and an emblem.

Having more??

You can change the camo patter but the uniform is whatever bf4 has already assigned to them.

The m416 is either single or full auto.

Operation locker is prob my favorite it's crazy cqb action.  

Haha Yea I remember playing older Tom Clancy games with the mp5 ect.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Have you picked up the Barrett when playing locker?  Someone said you can pick it up there.  

Can I see your logo?  Can't I look you up on Battlelog somehow?  I did a logo real quick, just the green shamrock because we have irish in my family and I thought it as kind of cool because it showed up on my gun and a few other things when playing.  That's kind of a neat aspect of the game.   It looks like you could get all crazy and do something real creative if you wanted to, eh?  All those layers.  It reminds me of Forza a little bit and painting the cars.  and making emblems and graphics.  Some of those guys are real artists.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#31]
On locker?  I've seen one on rogue transmission.

Yea it can get crazy with the designs I'm not to good yet I'm good at it in forza lol

My platoon name is Fire Team 556 that might be easier to look up.

I'll look into it but we may be able to join each others platoons..??..
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow, way to go on the logo.  That must've took some time.  

I'll see if I can look you up.  Yeah, it would be interesting to see if we can join each others platoon.  Although I haven't started one yet.  

I changed my stick set up to Veteran because I'm constantly pushing down on the right stick in a gunfight and then I pull my knife out.  I hate that.  Now I might just drop to one knee or go prone.  I know it might pull me off target but I think it will be better than standing there with a knife in my hand when exchanging gunfire with people.  Am I the only one that has this problem?   I never hear anyone else complain about it.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks.
The emblem might of taken 15 20 mins I tried to make it look like a unit patch. but I'll be working on a better one sometime

Maybe, us 3 here don't have the issue  half the time I forget I can do that haha.

I've never looked into the different stick setups . I've always use the default one.

I just read your sig line and it's sooo true.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I just got back yesterday from a trip up north.   So I was off for a bit.  But I played today a little.  Now I'm just getting frustrated with wanting different weapons and unlocking them.  LOL.  

I also should figure out what all the little gadgets for the recon guy do.  Which recon gadget to you use?  I still have the PLD and I don't really know if it benefits anyone.  I'm assuming there has to be an engineer with a rocket that needs the recon guy to pain the target????  How does that work?  

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Yea I get frustrated like that too I wanted the 40x scope and needed 100 something kills and it took forever haha.

Had a great gamer weekend

I ranked up 4 times  from gunny v (30) to mstsgt iv(34) it was double point weekend. also had my best recon score too went 12-0 all but 3 head shots with a few on the move head/body shots!!!

Started to use the M16A4 and the M4 to level them up too , i maxed out the points on my srr61 now I'm using my m40 again to max that out

I use the claymore and the radio becon.  The pld is good if you have another guy that Knows or is using a lock on launcher. Like if you used it and was on my team one of us would carry the launcher and communicates tto each other it'd be really effective. It's harder to use when doing single runs on a team you don't know people. Hope I explained it ok.

sent a friend request through battlelog so you can view my stats and load outs etc. and I can view yours too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#36]
SWEEET!!!  I hope I can figure out how to see your request on battlelog.  LOL.  

I had one of my best games last night on Paracel Storm.  I was 16 for 16 and I was using the RFB with a 4x acog.  I actually countersnipered a guy with an M40.  LOL.  He got me once and I respawned and got him back.  Do I win a cupie doll for owing him with a crappier gun?  LOL.  I think in real life, if you start sniping in a hide, it's time to move.  But I see guys just camping sometimes.  There was another sniper in one game that seemed to shoot and move and I could never find him.  That's good tactics.  Because they're fricking annoying and they can get you from so far away.  But that's the job of the sniper.  Makes you want to be constantly on the move.  I mostly play engineer.  

Thanks for the post about the M&P.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#37]
if you don't find it I'll send it again, battlelog works better on a computer then the phones too.

I'll be playing tomorrow (fri) around 5 eastern time just an FYI haha.

Haha yes the movers are a pain. I do both, but on the last one I did good on I camped and was really making a couple of them mad to a poi t I was getting rpgs shot at me haha.

Yea no prob Its a great pistol and takes a beating. The trigger seems fine to me not sure what the deal is but also never tried one with a different one either ..
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#38]
I got it.  I saw your stats too.  I'm not sure if I saw a way to join your platoon though.

How do you mute people?
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#39]
I can't remember off the top of my head. But I think you hit start and go into team setup while in the game( where you pick engineer etc)   I'll have to  do it to remember.

we're not happy with ea at the moment.. we tried to play and it wouldn't let us both connect to the ea servers. I couldn't find any answers online so we ended up not playing at all.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#40]
oh that sucks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#41]
I guess they're having server maintenance this weekend

Haha missed ya by 3 mins online
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, I played a little bit this afternoon.  Actually the first time I tried it didn't let me into a game.  Screen went blank and had the little white flashing horizontal lines on the right upper side of the screen.  Stayed indefinitely like that.  

But then I got on later and played just fine.  I saw that message on battlelog about the shut down.  It sounded like it will only be down for a couple of hours, supposedly.  We'll see.  My son played last night.  He's so much better than me.  He brings our numbers up and then I bring them back down.  LOL.  

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 11:53:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Yea I hear ya there. The oldest just picked up warrant officer today.  I took out 2 helios and yet they they don't count as kills.. I don't like that cause they should count for each person on it. But I know it's just a game haha.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#44]
They don't count everyone in there?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't even think it counts as a kill even when you take it down..but it does give points and awards

Sent the team invite (platoon).. If you send the team invite we can try to get on each others.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#46]
How do I do that?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Go onto battlefield battlelog on computer then login, go to platoon then recruitment and it should have friends click on one and hit invite.

think I have all the steps

I shot down a helio and did get a kill I guess if they jump out before it crashes or blows up it doesn't count but you still get points for the helio
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll try that.  

I sometimes think it's almost better off to be a recon for antitank because man that C4 kicks butt.  I'm not sure how many it actually takes to blow one up, but I think two times I've managed to blow up a tank by throwing on two packs of C4.  Yet it usually takes quite a few rpg's or rockets to blow up a tank.

I forgot if I asked this, can I be in more than one platoon?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Right the rpgs vs C4 is crazy.

I'm going to say yes just from what I've found on bf4 forums

Q: Can I make more than one platoon?
A: No, You can join up to 3 platoons ( or more, didn't found out yet ) but you can only CREATE one. ( there are bugs / glitches to manage more )

Oh and I tried a different map set called second assault. There's one like operation locker but more intense. Don't remember name but it's in a subway..
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#50]
OK, I'll join yours and then wait if I get some local friends playing I may create or join one with them.  Thanks for the info.

Also, how do you change positions once you get in a vehicle.   Like to go from drivers seat to a different position...  if they are empty of course.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top