Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2015 11:42:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't make it for the live stream, but what it DID stream looked like something from the early 2000s.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#2]

I just want to see some actual game play footage.  There's a real good chance I'll be sitting COD out this year.

I recently discovered Assassin's Creed though....so playing through all of those might keep me busy for a few years.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just want to see some actual game play footage.  There's a real good chance I'll be sitting COD out this year.

I recently discovered Assassin's Creed though....so playing through all of those might keep me busy for a few years.

View Quote

You can stop playing Assassin's Creed after Revelations and save yourself a lot of annoyance and frustration.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You can stop playing Assassin's Creed after Revelations and save yourself a lot of annoyance and frustration.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just want to see some actual game play footage. There's a real good chance I'll be sitting COD out this year.

I got Black Flag and Unity with my system, so I'll be playing those.  I figure all the bugs in Unity ought to be cleared up by now.  Black Flag is fun, but sometimes I'm really not sure what the game is telling me to do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Switch to Red Dead Redemption after Revelations.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I got Black Flag and Unity with my system, so I'll be playing those.  I figure all the bugs in Unity ought to be cleared up by now.  Black Flag is fun, but sometimes I'm really not sure what the game is telling me to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just want to see some actual game play footage. There's a real good chance I'll be sitting COD out this year.

It ain't about the bugs, after you play through Ezio's story you will see why.  Black Flag was just them trying to get more money out of the naval combat (which was awesome).
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Battlefront 2:

Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War
Space battles

64 players on PC version (including tons of bots)

30 unique vehicles

26 Maps all with different variants.

Single Player Campaign

23 playable Heroes & Villains

------------------------------------------------------

EA's next gen Battlefront 3 game:

No Clone Wars, Only Galactic Civil War

No Space battles

Only 40 players with no bots.

Only 6 confirmed vehicles. AT-ATs aren't even playable.

Only 4 planets

No Single Player Campaign

Published by EA games.

After thinking about it a bit, I don't think I'll be buying this one.  I bought Sim City without even looking at the previews/reviews.  This is the same scenario.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:18:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Battlefront 2:

Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War
Space battles

64 players on PC version (including tons of bots)

30 unique vehicles

26 Maps all with different variants.

Single Player Campaign

23 playable Heroes & Villains

------------------------------------------------------

EA's next gen Battlefront 3 game:

No Clone Wars, Only Galactic Civil War

No Space battles

Only 40 players with no bots.

Only 6 confirmed vehicles. AT-ATs aren't even playable.

Only 4 planets

No Single Player Campaign

Published by EA games.

After thinking about it a bit, I don't think I'll be buying this one.  I bought Sim City without even looking at the previews/reviews.  This is the same scenario.
View Quote

Where is the source of this insanely depressing information?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got it through reading reddit and some other articles, but mostly Battlefront's main site.  I hope it's all wrong.  Looks like IGN just came out with an article saying there will now be more than 8 maps.*

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/22/star-wars-battlefront-dev-addresses-dlc-concerns

*But he didn't say 8 planets (i.e. environments).  Just Maps.  

The fact that they're already offering f-ing DLC before the game comes out shows me that nothing will change.  But it'll have amazing graphics and sound.  

Also, to confirm the AT-AT not being playable, you can ride in it to battle, but can't control it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Got it through reading reddit and some other articles, but mostly Battlefront's main site. I hope it's all wrong. Looks like IGN just came out with an article saying there will now be more than 8 maps.*

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/22/star-wars-battlefront-dev-addresses-dlc-concerns

*But he didn't say 8 planets (i.e. environments). Just Maps.

The fact that they're already offering f-ing DLC before the game comes out shows me that nothing will change. But it'll have amazing graphics and sound.

Also, to confirm the AT-AT not being playable, you can ride in it to battle, but can't control it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got it through reading reddit and some other articles, but mostly Battlefront's main site. I hope it's all wrong. Looks like IGN just came out with an article saying there will now be more than 8 maps.*

*But he didn't say 8 planets (i.e. environments). Just Maps.

The fact that they're already offering f-ing DLC before the game comes out shows me that nothing will change. But it'll have amazing graphics and sound.

It's unbelievable how bad EA is dropping the ball on this game.  This should have been a run away hit.  Social media has been savaging it brutally.  EA's greed is going to destroy this game like they've destroyed other franchises.  I'm sure at some point you'll be able to play as clones vs. droids...but it's going to cost you.  I'm sure at point space battles will come...but it's going to cost you.  If people can exercise some self control and not buy the DLC we might see the tide turn.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's unbelievable how bad EA is dropping the ball on this game.  This should have been a run away hit.  Social media has been savaging it brutally.  EA's greed is going to destroy this game like they've destroyed other franchises.  I'm sure at some point you'll be able to play as clones vs. droids...but it's going to cost you.  I'm sure at point space battles will come...but it's going to cost you.  If people can exercise some self control and not buy the DLC we might see the tide turn.
View Quote

The Star Wars brand is just too big.  I bought - and played - a lot of bad games (almost all of them ) over the years solely because "Star Wars" was in the title.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The Star Wars brand is just too big. I bought - and played - a lot of bad games (almost all of them ) over the years solely because "Star Wars" was in the title.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's unbelievable how bad EA is dropping the ball on this game. This should have been a run away hit. Social media has been savaging it brutally. EA's greed is going to destroy this game like they've destroyed other franchises. I'm sure at some point you'll be able to play as clones vs. droids...but it's going to cost you. I'm sure at point space battles will come...but it's going to cost you. If people can exercise some self control and not buy the DLC we might see the tide turn.

The Star Wars brand is just too big. I bought - and played - a lot of bad games (almost all of them ) over the years solely because "Star Wars" was in the title.
Yeah, but word of mouth could kill this one before it even gets off the ground.  The fact EA is releasing "game engine footage" to confuse people into believing its actual game play isn't a good sign.  I own AC Unity and Halo Master Chief Collection. By now, I'm well aware of the warning signs of a disasterous game release.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah, but word of mouth could kill this one before it even gets off the ground.  The fact EA is releasing "game engine footage" to confuse people into believing its actual game play isn't a good sign.  I own AC Unity and Halo Master Chief Collection. By now, I'm well aware of the warning signs of a disasterous game release.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's unbelievable how bad EA is dropping the ball on this game. This should have been a run away hit. Social media has been savaging it brutally. EA's greed is going to destroy this game like they've destroyed other franchises. I'm sure at some point you'll be able to play as clones vs. droids...but it's going to cost you. I'm sure at point space battles will come...but it's going to cost you. If people can exercise some self control and not buy the DLC we might see the tide turn.

Yep, it's not so much the loss of features that were in the previous game, but the shady way they try to advertise it as the graphics people will expect in-game.  And don't hold your breath expecting people to exert self-control.  That train left sometime during the early 2000's.  Now there's a whole generation that's been raised to buy whatever shit devs put out and love it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep, it's not so much the loss of features that were in the previous game, but the shady way they try to advertise it as the graphics people will expect in-game.  And don't hold your breath expecting people to exert self-control.  That train left sometime during the early 2000's.  Now there's a whole generation that's been raised to buy whatever shit devs put out and love it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya this and the next call of duty release will show if people learned their lesson after bf4, hardline, ac unity and dayz SA
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it could look that good on PC, not so much for consoles.

The feature loss is pretty bad though. I almost wonder if it's because they didn't want to spend the time to build out the interiors of the capital ships that would be required for the space battles and that including them would push the release date away from the release of the movie.

TBH I'm fine with no Clones vs Droids, I'd prefer to continue believing those movies never happened.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#17]

I think they did one for Sim City too.  That game made a lot of initial money but got destroyed and one dude had to quit over it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow, that chart is different from the one that I saw.

I'd like to see some sources posted with it. The one in this thread is showing a lot more content for the EA Battlefront than the chart I had seen previously.

What really pisses me off is the whole fly from the planet to space for space battles. How are we getting less content than games from 10 years ago? I hate EA.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'd like to see some sources posted with it. The one in this thread is showing a lot more content for the EA Battlefront than the chart I had seen previously.

What really pisses me off is the whole fly from the planet to space for space battles. How are we getting less content than games from 10 years ago? I hate EA.
View Quote

The excuse has been given time and time again when this happens that the graphics and system resources aren't able to handle the same content as engines made years before.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I pulled that off PCMR's reddit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#21]
This seems to be a step back from the previous titles.
Very disappointing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This seems to be a step back from the previous titles.
Very disappointing.
View Quote

Butt the graphics are amazing!*
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll take PS3 graphics so I can get space battles, galactic conquest, and all the maps.
I still play BF2 from time to time. Solid game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top