Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Xbox 1 users be careful.

There is a sleep mode bug that will corrupt your save on resume.    I had it happen yesterday after 3 hours of playing and going up 2 levels.   Game wouldnt save suddenly when I tried to manually save(I usually do it about once an hour).    So i looked it up, lots of complaints.

Some people shut down and try to come back with no save.    Others do a complete reset and unplug the power cord and they at least recover old saves with recent progress lost(that was me).  Make sure you do not have the console going into that pause/sleep mode.   Make sure it goes off completely for power saving or whatever.

It took me 4 hours tonight to rediscover most of the shit I went around discovering last night.    At least tonight I found the Griffen amour and completed that treasure hunt.   I dinged lvl 11 and the Griffen set is the best I have discovered, that I can use, so far.

/edit

And evidently Godlings like to shit in the swamp while watching the sun rise.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:14:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn Foglet witcher contract. That fucker killed me 5 times and I was two levels above it!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn Foglet witcher contract. That fucker killed me 5 times and I was two levels above it!
View Quote

If you read the AD&D Monster Manual Bestiary, you would know that it is especially susceptible to axii.

(or you can just step out of the fog and shoot it to death with your crossbow, although this might take a while)
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Finished the Bloody Barron quest line. What a damn fucked up quest line. Did anyone else have this happen at the end?

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

That is the nature of the Witcher series; sometimes your choices are shit and shittier.

Click To View Spoiler

I did find a bug, I think.  If you get the formula of an enhanced potion before you get the formula for the lower version, you're fucked.  The enhanced formula replaces the normal version, which means you have no way of making a normal potion to complete the enhanced formula.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I stumbled into that cave and killed it on my very first try at like level 11 or so. I then went to the very south eastern corner of that map and got killed by a high-level flying thing. My last save was in the foglet cave, and I kept dying until I finally beat it again. I then fell and died on my way to get the contract reward. It felt like an endless loop.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Finished the Bloody Barron quest line. What a damn fucked up quest line. Did anyone else have this happen at the end?

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I killed the tree.

my post wont properly post spoiler so i edited and replied in you spoiler
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I did find a bug, I think.  If you get the formula of an enhanced potion before you get the formula for the lower version, you're fucked.  The enhanced formula replaces the normal version, which means you have no way of making a normal potion to complete the enhanced formula.
View Quote

I have run into this several times as well.  Have a bunch of useful oils that I can't create because I just have the enhanced version.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I also ran into a pretty good load screen tip the other day  -  "When the white frost comes, don't eat the yellow snow."

Useful info.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I killed the tree.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

I killed the tree.

You realize that witches eat children, right?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

I killed the tree.

Yes.   I got the references to ginger bread houses and candy.

And that is very apparent at the end of the way I played through.   But what I wonder bout is if a different choice makes it possible to save the kids at the sacrifice of everyone else.

Those characters are fucking hauntingly fucked up and well done.  Like make the hair stand up on your neck.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And that is very apparent at the end of the way I played through.   But what I wonder bout is if a different choice makes it possible to save the kids at the sacrifice of everyone else.

Those characters are fucking hauntingly fucked up and well done.  Like make the hair stand up on your neck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

I killed the tree.

That eye which festered with maggots...
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I still want to wreck those witches.

Even the voices they manage to do after they reveal themselves.    Also, what of the godling.

No, I dont feel these are spoilers.   I think everyone who hits these spots will be in  the same boat.

You guys might make a manual save point though before getting too far into that arch.   I wish I did so I could fully explore the story arch for that segment.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quick choice: kiss Triss or not?

I smashed the hell out of the kiss Triss button!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

I killed the tree.

The two outcomes for that quest are:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I Found this amusing, Hopefully you will too!

As some of you know (you should know anyway lol) CD Projekt Red (CDPR) is very anti-DRM.  They don't like it in the least.  

They took a crack at DRM in Witcher 3 in the form of a book.

Read here:  http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-takes-shots-at-drm-1707277761

It made me smirk a bit.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm interested in this game.  Can anyone comment on load times on XBone?  I really liked Skyrim and the Fallout games, but I got sick and tired of the load times.  Load to go to town, run 30 yards, load to go in your house, load to leave your house, load to fast travel somewhere.  Bleh, I don't want another game like that.

How are the load times on xbone?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#17]
PS4 patch is out.

*Corrects a bug where the player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs.
*Corrects an issue related to Stamina regeneration while sprinting.
*Corrects a bug that could cause spontaneous combustion of gas clouds. I did this once. Gas cloud hit my Quen sign and the whole area blew up.
*Reduces spawn times for certain groups of NPCs.
*Blood particles will now properly appear on water surfaces after foes are killed.
*Corrects a visual effect in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
*Improves foliage behavior in scenes.
*Reduces foliage shadow popping.
*"Melltith" sword is visible again.
*Fixes some minor graphics bugs in gwent.
*Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
*Improves performance, especially in cutscenes and during gameplay.
*Introduces a number of minor improvements in SFX.
*Fixes an issue that could have caused an infinite loading screen in certain circumstances in Wandering in the Dark quest.
*Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused rare instances of dialogue looping in certain scenes.
*Improves stability in gameplay and the UI, especially during games of gwent.
*Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
*Fixes an occasional bug in the Journal in the Fake Papers quest.
*Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:08:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm level 13, and I'm about to make a run, or several, at the Leshen east of Oxenfurt, which is guarding the treasure. Wish me luck gentlemen.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:01:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
PS4 patch is out.

*Corrects a bug where the player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs.
*Corrects an issue related to Stamina regeneration while sprinting.
*Corrects a bug that could cause spontaneous combustion of gas clouds. I did this once. Gas cloud hit my Quen sign and the whole area blew up.
*Reduces spawn times for certain groups of NPCs.
*Blood particles will now properly appear on water surfaces after foes are killed.
*Corrects a visual effect in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
*Improves foliage behavior in scenes.
*Reduces foliage shadow popping.
*"Melltith" sword is visible again.
*Fixes some minor graphics bugs in gwent.
*Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
*Improves performance, especially in cutscenes and during gameplay.
*Introduces a number of minor improvements in SFX.
*Fixes an issue that could have caused an infinite loading screen in certain circumstances in Wandering in the Dark quest.
*Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused rare instances of dialogue looping in certain scenes.
*Improves stability in gameplay and the UI, especially during games of gwent.
*Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
*Fixes an occasional bug in the Journal in the Fake Papers quest.
*Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
View Quote

Noticed that earlier. Shit that's a cool feature!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:00:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm level 13, and I'm about to make a run, or several, at the Leshen east of Oxenfurt, which is guarding the treasure. Wish me luck gentlemen.
View Quote

How many tries before you gave up?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are very vulnerable to fire and stagger, and slow, so soften it up with some fire based bombs first before you go toe-to-toe.  It will telegraph the root attack; when you see it coming, roll towards the leshen and start wailing on it with your strong attack. It will smoke up to distract you, but ignore it and keep wailing until it counters (you'll be able to get 5-6 hits in easy).  This will drop your quen, so roll out and wait for it to root attack you again.  Keep this up until it calls the wolves, and then run the fuck away.  You can't beat them and they will rip you to pieces.  If you manage to separate a couple of them from the pack, you can toss a yrden and try to take them on, but it's best to just wait until they go away.  Once they do, just go back and finish off the leshen.

It's way scarier looking that it actually is dangerous (except for the insane high level wolf pack thing).
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

About 5.

I'll give it another go at 15.

Does anyone know where I can find a regular moondust bomb diagram?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm not much for single player story modes but I did love Skyrim.  My significant other has been all kinds of wet over this game.

Should I give it a go?

I know it's open world but it still looked pretty linear to me.  Only watched about 30 minutes of gameplay though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'm not much for single player story modes but I did love Skyrim.  My significant other has been all kinds of wet over this game.

Should I give it a go?

I know it's open world but it still looked pretty linear to me.  Only watched about 30 minutes of gameplay though.
View Quote

Do it, I honestly enjoy this game more than skyrim.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Hit level 17 and decided to get all the Cat gear via the treasure quest (lvl 17 or 18 quest I think)...

Turns out all the Cat armor and weapons were worse than the crap that I was already wearing. The Cat gear is all level 14, minus the crossbow which is level 29, and the silver sword which is level 13...

Now I think I'll go ahead and find the Enhanced Cat gear, which is level 19/20, or perhaps something else.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hit level 17 and decided to get all the Cat gear via the treasure quest (lvl 17 or 18 quest I think)...

Turns out all the Cat armor and weapons were worse than the crap that I was already wearing. The Cat gear is all level 14, minus the crossbow which is level 29, and the silver sword which is level 13...

http://static.gosunoob.com/img/1/2015/05/feline-school-armor-set-1024x559.jpg

Now I think I'll go ahead and find the Enhanced Cat gear, which is level 19/20, or perhaps something else.
View Quote

I'm rocking that out now at 14. I need to find the quest for enhanced Griffin hear.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

look for the ursine armor.. its level 17 stuff.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Should I give it a go?

View Quote

It's no more linear than Skyrim is.  It has a story, and the story is linear, but just like with Skyrim, you can screw around in the world forever without touching much of the main story.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm using and really liking the medium Griffin set.  I'd prefer the Cat set because you can get the perk that gives you a shit ton of light attack bonus damage for wearing light armor, but sleeveless armor looks super retarded.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm level 15 now, and last night I killed the level 23 armored arachas north of Temple Isle.

I think I'm leshen ready now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm interested in this game.  Can anyone comment on load times on XBone?  I really liked Skyrim and the Fallout games, but I got sick and tired of the load times.  Load to go to town, run 30 yards, load to go in your house, load to leave your house, load to fast travel somewhere.  Bleh, I don't want another game like that.

How are the load times on xbone?
View Quote

Nonexistent , you load when fast traveling ,that's about it. There's no loading entering buildings or traveling distances.

For everyone talking about it , the saving issue on console was fixed with a patch
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm level 15 now, and last night I killed the level 23 armored arachas north of Temple Isle.

I think I'm leshen ready now.
View Quote

You can make a kick-ass leshen decoction from it's mutagen once you kill it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 4:10:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Just finished Act 2... that battle... epic. The cut-scenes were awesome!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:44:11 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm level 19- almost 20.

Loving the crap out of this game.

I just wish there was a way to sell off a bunch of stuff at once. All the damn merchants only carry like 500 coins. I easily sell them that much and am stuck carrying stuff or dumping it.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm level 19- almost 20.

Loving the crap out of this game.

I just wish there was a way to sell off a bunch of stuff at once. All the damn merchants only carry like 500 coins. I easily sell them that much and am stuck carrying stuff or dumping it.

View Quote

I always fast travel to Novigrad or oxenfurt when I want to sell all my stuff. Guys there routinely have 1500 or so.

ETA: I do wish that there was an axii upgrade perk like in Skyrim where you  could sell any item to any merchant.  Running around to 5 different places to sell all your crap just because a guy won't buy a certain type of item is a pain.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#36]
I've been too distracted by every single little thing to do in the game that I just now finally finished the Bloody Baron quest line at level 19 lol.

I gotta say, that was a pretty fucked up quest line.  Did not read your spoilers so had no clue what to expect .  Great storys playing out.

Gwent...is....addicting.  I finally almost have Scoia'tael and Nilfgaard decks playable.  20/21 respectively out of the 22 required "Troop" cards.  Sad thing is with even 20 cards in both of those decks they out power my Foltest deck completely.  I mean, my power for Foltest is around 130~ or so.  A 19 deck Nilfgaard is 110 on its own.  Can't wait to finish it and beat the crap out of some of these Monster decks that are obliterating me.

I hate the monster decks.  Always those stupid cards that summon other cards of the same name.  Go from having 1 card to having 20 cards in one fucking go....  Thought I had the guy once...got my cards up to 40~ strength or so one lane and used the power up to double the power.  Total was around 105....then he used a card and summoned 6 other cards all 6+ in power.  Had literal 20 cards against me then used his power up on them.  FML  

Only way I see getting past some of these higher leveled Monster decks is going to be with a Scoia'tael or Nilfgaard deck.  Scoia'tael seem to have a lot of those cards that destroy the highest level cards on the playfield.  That may be what saves the win from a Monster deck.

Who knows, what say you?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I've been too distracted by every single little thing to do in the game that I just now finally finished the Bloody Baron quest line at level 19 lol.

I gotta say, that was a pretty fucked up quest line.  Did not read your spoilers so had no clue what to expect .  Great storys playing out.

Gwent...is....addicting.  I finally almost have Scoia'tael and Nilfgaard decks playable.  20/21 respectively out of the 22 required "Troop" cards.  Sad thing is with even 20 cards in both of those decks they out power my Foltest deck completely.  I mean, my power for Foltest is around 130~ or so.  A 19 deck Nilfgaard is 110 on its own.  Can't wait to finish it and beat the crap out of some of these Monster decks that are obliterating me.

I hate the monster decks.  Always those stupid cards that summon other cards of the same name.  Go from having 1 card to having 20 cards in one fucking go....  Thought I had the guy once...got my cards up to 40~ strength or so one lane and used the power up to double the power.  Total was around 105....then he used a card and summoned 6 other cards all 6+ in power.  Had literal 20 cards against me then used his power up on them.  FML  

Only way I see getting past some of these higher leveled Monster decks is going to be with a Scoia'tael or Nilfgaard deck.  Scoia'tael seem to have a lot of those cards that destroy the highest level cards on the playfield.  That may be what saves the win from a Monster deck.

Who knows, what say you?
View Quote
What I have found effective in beating those decks is to bait them into using those summoning cards in the first round and then purposefully losing the round.  This gives you a big advantage for the next two rounds.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I just bought the game and recovered my old saves from Witcher 2. So far I've found out that during the intro sequence you can in fact jump off the balcony ledge to take a shortcut to the courtyard.

And why is the horse named Roach?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Lvl 28, full superior cat school set... I need to finish this game already; my social life is lacking since I got it lol
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Love this game and just started it 2 days ago. It's been really hard for me to get into anything RPG wise over the years because the formula has gone to pretty much main quest and random single dimension side quests. Not here - for example, when I found an abandoned (destroyed) village that I searched through and found a note written a day before a large meeting with a Lord about negotiating their land and how the settlement will grow I knew what happened and wanted to find out more. Coming back to find the ghost of the women really made it 100 times more interesting and gave me closure rather than...go collect 10 wolf pelts.

Only level 3 almost to 4 but I've spent probably 20+ hours on it as I seem to explore EVERYTHING and do every single small thing that comes up. Oh, you need your pan? Let's go and fucking get your pan. Yeah, pan!

Still in white orchard but loving it. My only complaint besides locking 1/3 of the key-mapping (which I found a way around) is I wish they wouldn't have put all of the resources on the overhead so that you'd have to search and find them and didn't have all the ? on the map to go and explore as I'd rather just stumble across them instead of knowing something is over there.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I just bought the game and recovered my old saves from Witcher 2. So far I've found out that during the intro sequence you can in fact jump off the balcony ledge to take a shortcut to the courtyard.

And why is the horse named Roach?
View Quote

It's from the books, I think.  He has named all of his horses roach over the years.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Without a doubt the worst combat of any action RPG I've ever played.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:21:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eh, I don't mind it.  It's more refined, though easier, than TW2's combat.  I don't think it's perfect or anything, but I actually prefer it to Skyrim's "left click until one of you runs out of health" form of button-mashing, brain-dead combat.  No tactics or skill required in that at all.  At least here, you have to exhibit some knowledge of how, where, and when to strike, and when to get out of the way.  It's not going to give the best combat systems a run for their money, but I don't think it's the worst, either.

The actual movement of Geralt and his horse is messed up though.  It seems like they wanted to try to add some weight to the movements for realism's sake (and it does look good when you are watching it), but actually playing it is rough.  It can be difficult to direct and steer, and in combat it seems like attacks take too long to develop and follow through - especially heavy attacks, which I barely use because they take so long.  Fortunately, rolling and dodging appears to be very responsive.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:27:11 AM EDT
[#44]
On a different note, why the hell isn't there a storage chest in the world?  They tell me to save all of my witcher gear for later use and upgrading, but then don't give me any place to keep it.  It's BS that I have to carry all that weight around on the off chance I might be able to use it 15 hours and 10 levels later.  Same with all those damn books and notes cluttering up my inventory.

The Witcher 2 got this right; why didn't they do it here?  It can't be THAT hard.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:59:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

On a different note, why the hell isn't there a storage chest in the world?  They tell me to save all of my witcher gear for later use and upgrading, but then don't give me any place to keep it.  It's BS that I have to carry all that weight around on the off chance I might be able to use it 15 hours and 10 levels later.  Same with all those damn books and notes cluttering up my inventory.

The Witcher 2 got this right; why didn't they do it here?  It can't be THAT hard.  
View Quote
I feel your pain.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:13:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Can't you just dump all the shit in a safe house and save the game?

Run around, do shit, kill shit, Quick Travel back to that town to sell. If you run into a story where you need it, go get it?

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:26:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Run around, do shit, kill shit, Quick Travel back to that town to sell. If you run into a story where you need it, go get it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No player houses
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:44:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No player houses, as the above poster mentioned.  You could just pick a dump spot, whether it's a house or a signpost, and just leave things there.  People have been doing this in lieu of a better option and have reported that the loot bags of stuff you drop stays indefinitely.  

But other players have reported that if you go long enough, the stuff you drop does start to disappear.  Could be a matter of getting too far along in the story and having the world map begin to change which erases dropped loot, or it could be a patch updating and resetting the game world.

So you can take a chance and drop your good shit that's just taking up space and weight and go back for it when you need it, but it's a bit of a gamble.  And if your stuff does disappear, you will at best have to spend a ton of money and time remaking/refinding the items, or at worst just be SOL if it was a unique item.  And you might not find out until a dozen hours later when you finally go back there to collect things.

What makes it most annoying (other than how easily the problem could have been avoided) is that you will often pick up equipment that several levels higher than you are, so you can't use it right now.  But saving it until you level up means you might be lugging this piece of armor or sword around for many hours.  So you are going to get rid of it.  But there's a chance that the level 30 sword you are selling is actually the best level 30 sword in the game, and then when you finally get to level 30, you will have to settle for something worse.

It's a minor thing overall, but with the way they have the inventory system and random loot generating system set up, it's a really annoying failure.  Dragon age Inquisition did the same thing (until they patched a chest in).
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm guessing you're on PC? With a controller on PS4, I find it kind of fluid. I can't imagine using a mouse and keyboard for this though.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm guessing you're on PC? With a controller on PS4, I find it kind of fluid. I can't imagine using a mouse and keyboard for this though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on PC, and the only issue I've had control wise has been with swimming.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top