Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did anyone get beeswax from white orchard for the herbalist (I think)?
View Quote

Wait, is that an actual quest?  I just assumed she'd pay a good price for it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
If anyone in Velen wants a full set of griffon witcher armor and weapon plans that's fairly easy to get...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure why spoiler tags won't work.

Edit: got it
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Any xbone players experiencing a glitch with saving and loading?  Sometimes the game fails to auto save and gets stuck at the loading screen.  Or it won't let you manually save.  Luckily I have only lost 15-20 minutes or play time since I save often, but some people have lost hours of playtime.  Seems the workaround is a hard restart of the xbox.
View Quote

When you're done playing, quit to the main menu, and force close the game. Restarting from the dashboard after a forced close seems to keep that glitch from happening.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I did it!

Now I can quit this game or just keep reloading the last save
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:18:37 AM EDT
[#6]
So there I was, traveling through the woods in Velen, between Lindenvale and Reardon Manor, when a few wolves pop up in my path. I start hacking away at them and roll around like crazy, when suddenly my sword hits something that isn't a wolf. I instantly see a "red skull" next to its healthbar (I'm lvl 8). I take a quick glimpse of it in the midst of running away... it looked like Slenderman in armor! Scary shit!

I looked on the map, there are no question marks or identifying marks on the map near the location that I saw it. Really weird. I'll have to remember its location for when I'm a little higher level.

ETA: looked on google, found out what it was:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So there I was, traveling through the woods in Velen, between Lindenvale and Reardon Manor, when a few wolves pop up in my path. I start hacking away at them and roll around like crazy, when suddenly my sword hits something that isn't a wolf. I instantly see a "red skull" next to its healthbar (I'm lvl 8). I take a quick glimpse of it in the midst of running away... it looked like Slenderman in armor! Scary shit!

I looked on the map, there are no question marks or identifying marks on the map near the location that I saw it. Really weird. I'll have to remember its location for when I'm a little higher level.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Ho lee fuk. That's legitimately scary
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm level 5 and Nilfgaardian deserters constantly plough my arse.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Those fuckers suck so much cock.   Plenty of surprised buttsecks and raping going on with them...
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
That herbalist has a Great ass!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That herbalist has a Great ass!
View Quote

The one in White Orchard? Can you plough her?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I ran into one, as a level 5.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:12:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Finished the Bloody Barron quest line. What a damn fucked up quest line. Did anyone else have this happen at the end?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:39:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah the baron did the same thing on my quest line. Crazy shit man.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Finished the Bloody Barron quest line. What a damn fucked up quest line. Did anyone else have this happen at the end?

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I killed it. You then go back to the Baron, and he gathers a few dudes to go fight and get his wife back. Gives you the option to join him.

I did.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]
They really need to bring back the Storage from the innkeepers.  I've got way too much shit on me
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#17]
This may be the buggiest console game I have ever played.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They really need to bring back the Storage from the innkeepers.  I've got way too much shit on me
View Quote

Get dem saddle bags.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

You clearly never played skyrim within the first year of release, then.  I played on PC rather than consoles, but Skyrim had more bugs in the first couple of hours that I played of it at release than I have seen in my entire playtime of this game so far.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Get dem saddle bags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get dem saddle bags.

Got them.  Saddlebags only help on horse, not on foot.  I don't use my horse all the time
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You clearly never played skyrim within the first year of release, then.  I played on PC rather than consoles, but Skyrim had more bugs in the first couple of hours that I played of it at release than I have seen in my entire playtime of this game so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I played all Elder Scrolls and Fallout games on PC and while they are buggy, the bugs didn't seem to affect game play too badly.  The Witcher 3 bugs are making it almost unplayable.  I have to hard reset my xbox just to get the game to load.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Woo, just found a Saddlebag for 70 weight at a merchant!!  More carry weight!  lol

As for bugs, this has been a very solid release for me, at least on PC.  Can't vouch for consoles.  I've had only 1 single crash in over 30 hours of play.  I'm very pleased with it.

If you want to check this area for some Relic gear, check the spoiler tag  Not sure if it's there for everyone but I got a nice piece of relic boots and a Witcher Sword.  It's a Pirate camp.  Clear it, check all the loot chests.

Click To View Spoiler

ETA:  I stand corrected, saddlebags do indeed help carry weight off a horse as well.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:40:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I played all Elder Scrolls and Fallout games on PC and while they are buggy, the bugs didn't seem to affect game play too badly.  The Witcher 3 bugs are making it almost unplayable.  I have to hard reset my xbox just to get the game to load.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must be playing on console. I'm having no issues whatsoever. Playing it on PC.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird.  I've had bugs in this game, but nothing game breaking.  Knock on wood, I guess.

ETA:  You on Xbone or PS4?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You must be playing on console. I'm having no issues whatsoever. Playing it on PC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here on PC with no bugs, I had a crash that first day but then they released the patch and I have never crashed since then. Also playing it on ultra settings which you can not do on the console.

The console guys are really going to be crying when all the free mods come out on PC.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:02:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Same here on PC with no bugs, I had a crash that first day but then they released the patch and I have never crashed since then. Also playing it on ultra settings which you can not do on the console.

The console guys are really going to be crying when all the free mods come out on PC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we cared about mods, we'd play on PC.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#27]
If you guys want to go on a gangbang journey, travel down the west coast of Novigrad/Velen.

Full of pirates/bandits.

Prepare to fight 5-30 dudes depending on the spot. Good treasure if your level 15 and under there too
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If you guys want to go on a gangbang journey, travel down the west coast of Novigrad/Velen.

Full of pirates/bandits.

Prepare to fight 5-30 dudes depending on the spot. Good treasure if your level 15 and under there too
View Quote

Riding along on my horse, decapitating and splitting bodies left and right.  Good times, good times indeed!  
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm enjoying the hell out of gwent.  Anyone know where to get some good cards?  I just got to Novigrad. Level 13.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm enjoying the hell out of gwent.  Anyone know where to get some good cards?  I just got to Novigrad. Level 13.
View Quote

Every single person that will play you in gwent.  If you win, you get a random card.  Only once per person.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Every single person that will play you in gwent.  If you win, you get a random card.  Only once per person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can buy cards at some bars
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Riding along on my horse, decapitating and splitting bodies left and right.  Good times, good times indeed!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full of pirates/bandits.

Too easy
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Too easy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full of pirates/bandits.

Too easy

But really fun.  I love splitting them in half!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#34]
If you guys find any nice gear, post screenshots in spoilers like I did so we can check to see if it's the same for everyone.

I've been scouring the whole map in Velen.  Clearing each of the ? out.  Only found one really unmarked area and it was a Pirate area with nice gear.  Sure there's plenty more to find hidden away.

Found a little "lighthouse" type fort with a drawbridge on it.  I dont remember exactly the name, but you'll know it when you see it.  Has a Wyvren guarding it.  To get across see spoiler.

Click To View Spoiler

Those hard up for cash go to Novigrad.  You're likely to have a bunch of Florens and Orens.  Trade em in at the bank in Novi.  I had around 1400 crowns worth.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#35]
^^

Did the wyvern drop any loot for you? I killed it and reloaded the save 4 times before I gave up trying to get loot from it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

^^

Did the wyvern drop any loot for you? I killed it and reloaded the save 4 times before I gave up trying to get loot from it.
View Quote
It didn't drop anything for me.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^

Me either.  Either it's bugged where it dies, or it simply doesnt drop loot which is pretty sad lol.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If you guys find any nice gear, post screenshots in spoilers like I did so we can check to see if it's the same for everyone.

I've been scouring the whole map in Velen.  Clearing each of the ? out.  Only found one really unmarked area and it was a Pirate area with nice gear.  Sure there's plenty more to find hidden away.

Found a little "lighthouse" type fort with a drawbridge on it.  I dont remember exactly the name, but you'll know it when you see it.  Has a Wyvren guarding it.  To get across see spoiler.

Click To View Spoiler

Those hard up for cash go to Novigrad.  You're likely to have a bunch of Florens and Orens.  Trade em in at the bank in Novi.  I had around 1400 crowns worth.
View Quote

That's part of the treasure hunter quest I posted earlier
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Is it bad that I want a knife like the one Geralt uses to take trophies?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you gonna use it to take trophies as well?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe    If things keep going the way they are lol.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Minor suspected spoiler ahead. Keeping it vague but...

So I'm picking up on needing to choose between the love interests. Rather torn which way to go as I really don't want to replay days worth of game time if I choose poorly.  It seems some critical decisions have to be made rather early in the game before some characters flesh out. I'm waiting for that to bite me in the ass later
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^

Same.  There is a caged wyvern that shows up on the border between Oxenfurt and Novigrad (right by the bridge on the north east side of the city) if you need a wyvern mutagen for decoctions.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So I'm picking up on needing to choose between the love interests. Rather torn which way to go as I really don't want to replay days worth of game time if I choose poorly.  It seems some critical decisions have to be made rather early in the game before some characters flesh out. I'm waiting for that to bite me in the ass later
View Quote

I'm not there yet, but I'm expecting this as well.  

In the second game I was completely faithful to Triss, so in theory I should stick with that.  But lore-wise, Yennefer is Geralt's "one true love."  Guess you gotta play it twice.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

In the second game I was completely faithful to Triss, so in theory I should stick with that.  But lore-wise, Yennefer is Geralt's "one true love."  Guess you gotta play it twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here and so far Yen isn't impressing me much. But that "canon"
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I was under the impression that you can't do both T and Y, only one or the other. Let's hope you can!

I'm no where close to that quest line though... I'm level 15 and I've only been doing side quests and witcher contracts lol.

P.s. There's a vendor that will pay full price for your monster trophies. Outside Novigrad on the east side. Limited money supply though so you have to wait a few days to sell a couple more.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Do....know how you lose coin if you die to guards for pissing em off?

Yeah...found out by "coin" they mean everything you have.  I saved my game prior but was pissed at some guard so I chopped his head off....got knocked out in the end.   Came up short 5400 crowns lol.  Took every single one I had.

Fair warning!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:12:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

P.s. There's a vendor that will pay full price for your monster trophies. Outside Novigrad on the east side. Limited money supply though so you have to wait a few days to sell a couple more.
View Quote

Good to know.  I'm still rocking the noonwraith trophy for the XP bonus.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#50]
LOL

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Yp2L6c2KM

for some reason that quest made me lol

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top