User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Its a few pages back ,

Also it might just be crossfire because ive been running dual 780ti's without any issues other than rockstars overpopulated servers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, the game has been pretty much unplayable for me since launch because the stuttering was game breaking. But, after trying every other fix out there I decided to turn of crossfire and BAM works like a dream.

So if you have bad stutter and using SLI/Crossfire try turning it off.

Where is the info for the TS server?

Its a few pages back ,

Also it might just be crossfire because ive been running dual 780ti's without any issues other than rockstars overpopulated servers.

Same here, SLI GTX 980s since launch with only one day when I was getting bluescreens (and I think that was related to going over memory limits, no issues at all since I turned the limiter back on).

The servers are clunky though. Saturday and Sunday were filled with drops and delays.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Its a few pages back ,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, the game has been pretty much unplayable for me since launch because the stuttering was game breaking. But, after trying every other fix out there I decided to turn of crossfire and BAM works like a dream.

So if you have bad stutter and using SLI/Crossfire try turning it off.

Where is the info for the TS server?

Its a few pages back ,

I did see a reddit post where a guy disabled SLI and it fixed the issue for him. There seems to be multiple reasons or the stutter that I've found (which didn't work for me). The Crossfire/SLI problem just happened to be the problem affecting me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:23:52 AM EDT
[#3]
My biggest gripe right now is the mouse look movement. Direct input and raw are laggy. Windows is pretty responsive but any time I start the game it's super choppy unless I swap it to direct input or raw and then back to windows input and even then half the time the movement is still choppy unless I exit the game and try again.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My biggest gripe right now is the mouse look movement. Direct input and raw are laggy. Windows is pretty responsive but any time I start the game it's super choppy unless I swap it to direct input or raw and then back to windows input and even then half the time the movement is still choppy unless I exit the game and try again.
View Quote

?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

Oculus Rift maybe.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen a lot of chatter about the raw mouse input setting having a lot of judder in it.

As an experiment I switched from raw to direct and increased my sensitivity and I -think- direct is smoother for me. I think direct has mouse acceleration on it but I can't tell a real difference in performance, but I can notice the judder in raw mode when driving or when moving really fast. Direct mode doesn't have that same judder. I didn't try Windows mode but perhaps I'll try it tonight.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#7]
My damn social club pictures never upload.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've seen a lot of chatter about the raw mouse input setting having a lot of judder in it.

As an experiment I switched from raw to direct and increased my sensitivity and I -think- direct is smoother for me. I think direct has mouse acceleration on it but I can't tell a real difference in performance, but I can notice the judder in raw mode when driving or when moving really fast. Direct mode doesn't have that same judder. I didn't try Windows mode but perhaps I'll try it tonight.
View Quote

I don't ever mess with the sensitivity settings other than whats on my razer ui and I don't ever run into any issues.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

When do you take pictures you never show up.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't ever mess with the sensitivity settings other than whats on my razer ui and I don't ever run into any issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you don't see the stutter in the mouse under load using the default raw setting?

I could see it clear as day. I'd be driving down the street and pitch my mouse and the game would just moooo-oo-oo-oo-oooooooooo-oo-oo-oo-oooooooove. But with the interpolation set to direct it is a billion times smoother for me. Changing my mouse polling or adjusting my razer settings did nothing, it was the game setting that was causing the judder. If you look around you'll see a ton of other people are having this same issue and are hoping Rockstar fixes it in the next patch.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't hate. Been playing single player.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So you don't see the stutter in the mouse under load using the default raw setting?

I could see it clear as day. I'd be driving down the street and pitch my mouse and the game would just moooo-oo-oo-oo-oooooooooo-oo-oo-oo-oooooooove. But with the interpolation set to direct it is a billion times smoother for me. Changing my mouse polling or adjusting my razer settings did nothing, it was the game setting that was causing the judder. If you look around you'll see a ton of other people are having this same issue and are hoping Rockstar fixes it in the next patch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah I guess I was one of the lucky ones I don't get any type of jutter nor any of the other glitches anyones reported other than the server issues from time to time and haveing it minimize when you start up which was easily fixed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nah I guess I was one of the lucky ones I don't get any type of jutter nor any of the other glitches anyones reported other than the server issues from time to time and haveing it minimize when you start up which was easily fixed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured you was having problems by the way you hit everything you possibly can on the way to missions.

I mainly have keyboard issues, like honking the honk at high speeds while exiting the car.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I figured you was having problems by the way you hit everything you possibly can on the way to missions.

I mainly have keyboard issues, like honking the honk at high speeds while exiting the car.
View Quote

Or run over all his crew members
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol the guy complaining about my driving is the same one who gets his ass beat down so hard in free mode he hast to go into passive.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lol the guy complaining about my driving is the same one who gets his ass beat down so hard in free mode he hast to go into passive.
View Quote

I didn't even know how to turn it on, or off.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So in other words the game felt sorry for you and turned it on.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Is there a keyboard hot key to enable passive mode? I ask simply because one time I walked out of my apartment and tried to switch to my rifle and it wouldn't let me and popped up a message saying something like "you can't use weapons in passive mode" and I had to go into the M menu to disable it. I didn't go into the menu to enable it, it just came on by itself seemingly.

Now I will admit to turning passive mode on once last week when I was playing by myself. This total dick douche kept killing me over and over with bombs and rockets while I was trying to do the gang activities. He wouldn't leave me alone so I just went passive and he moved on to someone else to torment.

And does the bulletproof helmet really work?

The main reason I ask is that I have this propensity to get headshot a lot, so I decided to be a puss and buy one... only I seem to keep getting one shot killed even with it in. It makes me think it just doesn't work.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is there a keyboard hot key to enable passive mode? I ask simply because one time I walked out of my apartment and tried to switch to my rifle and it wouldn't let me and popped up a message saying something like "you can't use weapons in passive mode" and I had to go into the M menu to disable it. I didn't go into the menu to enable it, it just came on by itself seemingly.

Now I will admit to turning passive mode on once last week when I was playing by myself. This total dick douche kept killing me over and over with bombs and rockets while I was trying to do the gang activities. He wouldn't leave me alone so I just went passive and he moved on to someone else to torment.

And does the bulletproof helmet really work?

The main reason I ask is that I have this propensity to get headshot a lot, so I decided to be a puss and buy one... only I seem to keep getting one shot killed even with it in. It makes me think it just doesn't work.
View Quote

I doubt it. It seems I get headshot here and there. Hell you're better off than I am. It seems I can't play the game until the weekend.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't know about that... I may have more play time but I'm a complete klutz at this game. My KD ratio is like 0.5 (like it is in ALL the multiplayer games I play). I'm average against the computer but I suck on ice against other players... which is why I try to laugh off most of the game. If you can't laugh at yourself, then where is the fun?

So I might as well go back to my spy balaclava.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't know about that... I may have more play time but I'm a complete klutz at this game. My KD ratio is like 0.5 (like it is in ALL the multiplayer games I play). I'm average against the computer but I suck on ice against other players... which is why I try to laugh off most of the game. If you can't laugh at yourself, then where is the fun?

So I might as well go back to my spy balaclava.
View Quote

You have a good GPU right? What's your internet speed?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You have a good GPU right? What's your internet speed?
View Quote

CPU is an older 2600K i7 running right around 4ghz, internet is cable (usually has low ping with average 100+mbps down / 5 up)

Edit: I don't have any issues running GTA Online that I can detect... I've ironed out all my performance issues (running at 3440x1440p60 smooth as glass and have the usual online hiccups everyone else is having with the servers).
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Anybody want to run some heists tonight around 8pm central?

I'm getting sick and tired of Lester calling me every time I play telling me to set up heists. I figure start with Fleeca and go as far as folks want to go. I'm not in it for the money so I promise even splits for the pleasure of putting up with my horrible game playing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anybody want to run some heists tonight around 8pm central?

I'm getting sick and tired of Lester calling me every time I play telling me to set up heists. I figure start with Fleeca and go as far as folks want to go. I'm not in it for the money so I promise even splits for the pleasure of putting up with my horrible game playing.
View Quote

Even after all heists are complete he never stops calling.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Even after all heists are complete he never stops calling.
View Quote

I realize that, I'm just getting sick of hearing the same phone call over and over and over again. And if you ignore his call to start the first heist he just... keeps... calling until you answer and listen to the same canned script again.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Noted, but all the purchasable armored vehicles in the game (save the tank) have no bulletproof glass in them, not even the Kuruma. It -seems- like it does simply because its windows are so small, but you can still be headshot through them (I know because I was).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That, and you can still get shot through the windows. Sure, you can take 4 RPGs,  but that one lucky pistol shot is gonna bring your ass down.

Noted, but all the purchasable armored vehicles in the game (save the tank) have no bulletproof glass in them, not even the Kuruma. It -seems- like it does simply because its windows are so small, but you can still be headshot through them (I know because I was).

It's mostly bulletproof... You can still get nailed by that lucky shot, but it's pretty hard. I sat there in front of my friend blasting at where his head would be point blank with my 50 Cal sniper and all that happened was the bullet marred the glass.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Have you even played the pc version yet. Also i own both the karuma armored and the insurgent and the only time i die is if I get blown up in the karuma or some dick named javahigh drives up while im on the phone and cheap shots me in the insurgent.

In ai combat or street combat im untouchable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was thinking of getting the non-M2 gun armored Insurgent (as you can keep it in your garage) or perhaps if we do the Series A heist, get the Technical.

Something that isn't just a run of the mill car... as you said yourself most races give you a selection of stock cars, so I'd want something that could help on heists or freeroam bounties.

Edit: I just now saw that the Technical is Pegasus delivery only... I'd prefer a garage only vehicle to keep it on hand easier.

So I'm thinking either the Insurgent or the Armored Mitsubishi thing everyone already has... I'm leaning towards the Insurgent as everything I read seems to indicate it is the strongest armored vehicle in the game, it seats four, comes with armored everything by default, can be crew colored, is stored in the garage and is insurable. The only downsides I see to it are that it lights up with one of those "dangerous vehicle" icons on everyone's maps and its insurance premiums are like $17K.

That, and you can still get shot through the windows. Sure, you can take 4 RPGs,  but that one lucky pistol shot is gonna bring your ass down.

Have you even played the pc version yet. Also i own both the karuma armored and the insurgent and the only time i die is if I get blown up in the karuma or some dick named javahigh drives up while im on the phone and cheap shots me in the insurgent.

No. I have it on the Xbone but I haven't even been playing it on there lately. Too damn busy to game.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No. I have it on the Xbone but I haven't even been playing it on there lately. Too damn busy to game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was thinking of getting the non-M2 gun armored Insurgent (as you can keep it in your garage) or perhaps if we do the Series A heist, get the Technical.

Something that isn't just a run of the mill car... as you said yourself most races give you a selection of stock cars, so I'd want something that could help on heists or freeroam bounties.

Edit: I just now saw that the Technical is Pegasus delivery only... I'd prefer a garage only vehicle to keep it on hand easier.

So I'm thinking either the Insurgent or the Armored Mitsubishi thing everyone already has... I'm leaning towards the Insurgent as everything I read seems to indicate it is the strongest armored vehicle in the game, it seats four, comes with armored everything by default, can be crew colored, is stored in the garage and is insurable. The only downsides I see to it are that it lights up with one of those "dangerous vehicle" icons on everyone's maps and its insurance premiums are like $17K.

lies
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

lies
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lies

Working 5:30 AM-6/630PM, I go home, shower, and crash. Running heists is too much like work.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Working 5:30 AM-6/630PM, I go home, shower, and crash. Running heists is too much like work.
View Quote

Hookin is hard work...
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:14:46 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Hookin is hard work...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hookin is hard work...

Yeah just ask Unified's mom
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hookin is hard work...

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hookin is hard work...

At least she didnt vote for obama
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hookin is hard work...

That was Doug's own wife. Not his mom. Well maybe his mom too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hookin is hard work...

Ive seen dougs car it has an obama and hilary bumper stickers
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Looking for some people to do races with or run some missions...   will be on for a few hours longer today!
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Game worth it?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Game worth it?
View Quote

Totally!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Just applied to the Klowns.  <--fatdirtyhippy

Haven't done any heists yet, finished out the single player and am lvl 31 in online.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I've been experimenting a lot with mods. As such, going online seems like a bad idea.

I'd hate to get myself banned or something, even though supposedly the mods all deactivate when you go into the online version of the game.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Haven't done any heists yet, finished out the single player and am lvl 31 in online.
View Quote

Approved.

Let me know if any of these names are you guys?

Arbyssauce

ReadTheScroll

Voodoo_Medic.

Just claim the name and I can approve the request
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Apologies if I didn't join you guys in an online game. Just finished up Story Mode.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Approved.

Arbyssauce
ReadTheScroll
Voodoo_Medic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Approved.

Arbyssauce
ReadTheScroll
Voodoo_Medic.

I'm that one. Invite me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Just finished downloading/installing it on my new box. Wow. They knocked the graphics out of the park. Incredible.

Sent a crew invite request as well. Name is the same as here, Keymaster4225.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Just finished downloading/installing it on my new box. Wow. They knocked the graphics out of the park. Incredible.

View Quote

I am not sure what crew you sent it to but I don't see it. Here is the link to ours and be sure to check out the Teamspeak. There is someone on it most of the time.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I am not sure what crew you sent it to but I don't see it. Here is the link to ours and be sure to check out the Teamspeak. There is someone on it most of the time.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/arfcom_klowns

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/arfcom_klowns

I got and accepted an invite, I had the right group. What is the address of the TS server?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Something in my Rockstar Social Club went wrong this past weekend and I lost my friends list, my place in the crew, my avatars, pretty much everything. When I went to play online this weekend the game started at the police lineup setup process again, but my existing character was still selectable. I had some Steam problems in the last few weeks and my Steam settings got borked about two weeks ago, which screwed up my mic.

I was able to play single player the whole weekend and on Monday I tried online again but nothing worked and I kept getting kicked out of online sessions. So after completely blanking my Rockstar profile and reinitializing it it seems to work again.

I don't know if it was a hijack or what but it appears I've kept my online character but lost all my social club stuff.

So if folks want to re-add me and re-invite me to the crew that would be great, I've already sent out requests.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#49]
everyone addded
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Ill Gotten Gains addition starts this weekend.

Is anyone still playing or is everyone still playing the nude minecraft?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top