Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2015 7:01:43 PM EDT

Like what you see? Vote here

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Looking good, it needs all the votes it can get. As an insider, I can confirm the content in it is excellent and the dev team is experienced. This game will be the medium between Battlefield 4 and Arma 3, having the same teamwork oriented gameplay like Arma3 but without clunky controls. Think of it as insurgency with vehicles
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking good, it needs all the votes it can get. As an insider, I can confirm the content in it is excellent and the dev team is experienced. This game will be the medium between Battlefield 4 and Arma 3, having the same teamwork oriented gameplay like Arma3 but without clunky controls. Think of it as insurgency with vehicles
View Quote

Yes please.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#4]
For now, a planned release on steam.

Their website has a bit of more info

http://joinsquad.com/
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Small gameplay video I recorded and put together.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice, I'll check it out. I haven't been on the PR forums in a long time. I played daily through v 0.6 or so.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Squad is now on kickstarter

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=26
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Squad is now on kickstarter

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=26
View Quote

Hmm. I may have to give that some thought.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Definitely gonna help fund that kickstarter
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
dat paki tape

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#11]
link not working.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I know a lot of people in the competitive Insurgency scene are chomping at the bit over this game. I hope they make a competitive mode. It looks promising so I fo'd and went commander along with my teammates.

-DJ
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know a lot of people in the competitive Insurgency scene are chomping at the bit over this game. I hope they make a competitive mode. It looks promising so I fo'd and went commander along with my teammates.

-DJ
View Quote

That's one thing I'm worried about. I absolutely suck at Insurgency. Like my average life is less than 90 seconds.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#14]
DJ's pro tips for survival.

1. See the other guy before he sees you. This is tough because it requires knowing what to look for which takes time. Even more important is knowing where to look for enemies.  Once you know the high probability locations of where an enemy might be you can position yourself to limit exposure to those angles while having a good view so you can scan for enemies.

2. Don't peek excessively. While peeking/prefiring around a corner works extremely well. If you miss, you should never repeek a corner if the enemy knows you are there. In low time to kill games like insurgency, if the enemy knows where you are they have the advantage and will get an easy kill if you try to peek a corner again. If you absolutely must push past a corner try to utilize teamates via Comms to flank the enemy or in a worst case scenario use frags and smoke.

-DJ
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Squad availible for pre-purchase http://joinsquad.com/prepurchase

Last weekend was our Ranger weekend, where our Ranger tier donors on kickstarter got to play in a closed Alpha. Had lots of fun.

For Commander and Airborne backers, Closed Pre Alpha (CPA) access is scheduled to open on Friday the 24th of July

A lot has improved gameplay and content wise in the last month alone.

I am one of the QA managers of Squad now, you can ask me anything.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I feel like I got burned SO HARD on arma 3...
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I feel like I got burned SO HARD on arma 3...
View Quote

ARMA 3 is a very polished product now.

I also was a part of Insurgency early access and it is a very polished product. It wasn't bad when it was early access either, if you could get over ragdolls launching into orbit from 5.56 ammo.

I plan on getting squad as soon as it comes to early access on steam. They have a good background of game building, and I like what I have seen on youtube.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#19]
BlackHawk5, since you seem really connected to this game do you think you could tell us what the system
requirements are? Both the minimum and the recommended. Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
BlackHawk5, since you seem really connected to this game do you think you could tell us what the system
View Quote

I don't have the information to that yet, everything is still a work in progress and constant performance tweaks are done. Being on the Unreal 4 engine and a pretty new game, expect the mininum to be roughly i5 CPU and 4GB of RAM. We don't know GPU yet.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:44:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't have the information to that yet, everything is still a work in progress and constant performance tweaks are done. Being on the Unreal 4 engine and a pretty new game, expect the mininum to be roughly i5 CPU and 4GB of RAM. We don't know GPU yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info Blackhawk. Sorry I didn't see your respond earlier. I am covered on the CPU and RAM part.
I have a I5-4570 and 12GB of RAM, but only the integrated Intel 4600 HD graphics. I need to buy a graphics
card and I just wanted to make sure I will be able to play this game.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:56:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Streaming Squad now....

www.twitch.tv/djnex2009
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Streaming in 30 mins...

www.twitch.tv/djnex2009
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Looking good. I'm just getting back into pc gaming (haven't pc gamed since Operation Flashpoint days) and was thinking about getting Arma 3. I think I'll just hold off for this game now since my research tells me Arma 3 is a pig to run even on a good system. I'd imagine the Unreal engine is better optimized.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top