Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2015 10:05:59 PM EDT
Ok who else is enjoying dying a lot?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
This game is addicting.

First 30 minutes I was ready to trade it in. Now it's all I want to play.

Such an amazing game.

Where are you at in the game?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Just killed the first real boss, Father Gascoigne, after what seemed like 20 deaths.

First try on him I got him down to literally 20% health.  Next 19 attempts barely got him down to half lol.

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Supposed to be ported to PC and xbone soon. I will try it for the xbone when it does. Looks good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Supposed to be ported to PC and xbone soon. I will try it for the xbone when it does. Looks good.
View Quote

Until they make saves transportable to the Scholars of the First Sin edition and reduce the price to $0-5 for those that purchased the game with all the DLC's I am done with From Software.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:39:30 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a fantastic game. It sold me on getting a PS4 and I don't regret the decision.

The only real negatives I'm aware of involve the multiplayer, also the lengthy load screens. It can be difficult to find other players, particularly for player versus player (PvP). Since PvP is consensual in most areas of the game, more so even than in DeS and DKS1, it isn't surprising the multiplayer population for it is low. If you want to find PvP, level a character to around Lvl:70 and stay in the forced PvP areas - you should find another player within ten minutes, ideally less than five.

I don't know much about the issues with cooperative play (Co-Op). Tried joining a random game and got one within about fifteen minutes. Some people tell me it's very difficult to find other players for Co-Op, both to join your game and when attempting to join others. If your matchmaking is set to worldwide, you haven't gone out of your way to over-level for the point you're at in the game, and your internet connection is decent (multiplayer basically stopped working below about 1Mbps in previous games), you should find people.

Here's a page about how the multiplayer works. It was initially fairly confusing since it's quite different to previous systems.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm at level 120 and I finished it twice.  I haven't been able to PVP or Co-Op since level 80.

I'm working on Chalice Dungeons for the platinum trophy now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just killed the first real boss, Father Gascoigne, after what seemed like 20 deaths.

First try on him I got him down to literally 20% health.  Next 19 attempts barely got him down to half lol.

View Quote

I still haven't beat him. His final form dominates the shit out of me every time. Haven't killed the first boss either.

I'm level 22 and apparently I fucking suck.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I still haven't beat him. His final form dominates the shit out of me every time. Haven't killed the first boss either.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went and farmed enough bloods to level up again, was like 21 or 22 when I killed him, so that I had nothing to lose.

Then....bum rushed his ass.  Didnt let up, just constant bombardment of hits with a 1 hander, dodge hit, dodge hit, lol.  Final form I stood back and let him come at me.  I'd get far enough away that I could charge up my whirlwind power attack and it would hit him as he hit me.  Finally got him.

TLDR:  Discard any hope of survival.  Just relentlessly assault him.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm at level 120 and I finished it twice.  I haven't been able to PVP or Co-Op since level 80.

View Quote

i think the current pvp meta is 80-90
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:58:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use Molotovs at the end.

Also, play the music box his daughter gives you to stun him.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Use Molotovs at the end.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Use Molotovs at the end.

I finally beat him yesterday. Didn't use the music box during his human form and I think you can only use it once after he transforms. I finally got timing down and was able to land a bunch of visceral attacks which did the trick.

I'm really digging this game, even though I was ready to toss it out the window the first couple of days.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Use Molotovs at the end.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Use Molotovs at the end.

Yeah, I've gotten close to beating him with molotovs.

When he starts doing those lunging swipe combos I usually die before I can get clear. It doesn't seem like they can be dodged.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Im in the nightmare area before Micolash. I beat him but forgot one boss.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Got stuck on the Blood-starved Beast today. I can get him to like 20%, but then I can't seem to get some distance to heal/cleanse then have time to do damage. Anybody have any good grinding spots? I'd like some more health, etc. but it seem to have slowed down in collecting blood.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh well.
All of the good gems (cursed) for pvp are in the dungeons.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Made it to the final boss last night but missed some stuff.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#17]
It was good game, and I liked the speed of combat and the way you can regain health lost to an attack but I think co-op and pvp were afterthoughts.

I started Dark Souls 2 yesterday, and there is never a time I cannot find someone to summon or be summoned. It is a  good thing too, because they made the intro areas treacherous if you are into exploring.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It was good game, and I liked the speed of combat and the way you can regain health lost to an attack but I think co-op and pvp were afterthoughts.

I started Dark Souls 2 yesterday, and there is never a time I cannot find someone to summon or be summoned. It is a  good thing too, because they made the intro areas treacherous if you are into exploring.

View Quote

scholar of the first sin edition or last gen?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I played a filthy katana wielding hexer up to lvl 300 and max difficulty on x-box 360. I played through all of the DLCs and the Scholar update too.  

I started over on PS4 after I finished Bloodborne.  The bosses are still the same, but getting to them alone is a lot harder.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Great game in which I'm terrible at.

Weasel which do you like more ds2 or BB.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone beat the game yet? Im at the last fight but was trying chalice dungeons. Some are nasty hard.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm loving this game.I'm level 36 right now and just beat the machine gun tower guy in old yahrnum. Once you kill him he's gone for good. Had to stop playing at that point. I felt like a giant asshole running around trying to beat guys bare handed and find weapons for an hour at the start.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone plat yet? Final fight twice and im done. Defiled chalice sucks big time. Ihyll does too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Still pissed the game wasn't Demons Souls 2
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm kinda holding off until the patch rolls out and speeds the load times up. Add me if anybody wants help with the first few bosses, I've only beaten up to the blood starved beast and the first few layers of the pthumeru dungeon.
PSN: PancakeOfDoom
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Still pissed the game wasn't Demons Souls 2
View Quote

umbasa
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#27]
I finally went back and started playing again after the last update. Less time spent on loading screens after dying sounded great to me since I'd already lost like 2 hours of my life looking at that thing.  

Finally got around to beating the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne. The game is a lot more fun when you have more than 2 areas to explore over and over.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I finally went back and started playing again after the last update. Less time spent on loading screens after dying sounded great to me since I'd already lost like 2 hours of my life looking at that thing.  

Finally got around to beating the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne. The game is a lot more fun when you have more than 2 areas to explore over and over.  
View Quote

Yeah great game. Got platinum this morning at level 176. all solo play since I dont have psn.
Off to beat lego marvel now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Always wanted to play a souls game.  Picked up a ps 4 last of us bundle, mlb 15 the show and bloodborne this weekend.  As far ad b loodborne goes...wow.  granted I am only about 30 minutes in..but the controls are super tight, the combat is addicting fun, the art style is incredible.  I had a hard time choosing between this and dark souls 2 scholar edition, but I think I made the right choice.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#30]
You so have to get Demons and bothDark Souls. They are all great. Dark Souls has a new release for ps4.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, the Dark Souls version I was referring to was the remastered version of Dark Souls 2 for PS4.

After doing the research, I decided that I would have a lot more fun with the faster paced style game of evasion and quick attacks vs. the original formula which, from my understanding, required much more of a slow paced combat due to having to hide behind your shield and fight very defensively.

Especially as someone who grew up playing Zelda (especially in the 3d Zelda where you have a shield, but only really use it to deflect and has a similar combat style of using evasion and quick strikes to dispatch foes) Bloodborne seemed right up my alley.

It is crazy, I am usually the type that would get frustrated when games would kick my ass, but this game has a way of making dying almost enjoyable.  It is like every death is a learning experience, and I never really feel cheated by game mechanics or poor controls.  With each death I feel like I have a better idea of what I need to do. So far I am really liking this game.

And I just can't get over the art style and ambiance of the game.  It is just remarkable.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I liked Bloodborne a lot,but the co-op and pvp is Dark Souls 2:SOTFS on PS4 is soooo much more fun.

I made getting Wretch status my first priority.

After getting platinum on SOTFS, I went back to BB to farm chalice dungeons.  The character movement and frequent frame-rate drops in BB made it feel like I was back in Blighttown on an Xbox 360.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top