Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2015 7:20:17 AM EDT
Long story short. I bought a VERY expensive video card from them. They lost the video card in their attempt to get it to me. They alerted me that the video card was lost, I pretty much said "ok well that's fine just send me another one, you have a warehouse full of them" their reply was "no, we are going to launch an internal investigation" which they call a "claim" that they filed on my behalf and once the claim is finished ill get my money back (hundreds of dollars) 3-5 days after they finish their "claim" process. I told them I didn't want the claim and that they needed to un-file it ASAP and that I just want the product that I have paid for. They replied that they were sorry and that they would speed the claim process up...... I replied again saying "no claim, I don't want the claim, I didn't ask for the claim, give me the product I paid for. They replied saying sorry and that they understand I'm upset.... So pretty much they said "fuck off we are going to do we want" the nicest way possible.

this is what I replied after that.

"Why do you think you are allowed to treat customers like this? Do you even have a supervisor, is anyone who can help me even reading these? I can't imagine a reputable company like newegg would let their customer service representatives treat loyal customers like this. I have been with newegg for YEARS and ordered thousands of dollars worth of product. Why would you alienate a frequent customer like me?

I have to say after all the hassle Newegg has put me though I will NEVER shop with you again this experience has been terrible. Never in my life have I had to argue so hard to receive a product I PAID IN FULL for.

Please give me my money back ASAP I would love to give it to one of your competitors who actually wants my business since it is clear newegg does not want me as a customer anymore since they refuse to give me a product I paid for.

REALNAME WAS HERE
"

This is what Newegg replied to me with....

"Dear Mynameeditedout

Thank you for the response.

I understand this situation is very frustrating, I can imagine I might feel the same way, myname. I want you to know that I am here now and committed to helping you. Please accept my apologize for this inconvenience you have endured. Upon checking, your claim number 000000 has been processed, please allow 3 - 5 business days for the refund to process. It will be credited to your original form of payment.

Thank you for your time and patience. I wish you have a good day.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs <http://kb.newegg.com/HelpWizard/Index> page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email and do not reply to the automated email which generated by the system. Emails will not be received if you respond to the automated email.

Thank you,

Anne C."
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Newegg jumped the shark a long time ago.  They are trying to hard to be a smaller Amazon with all the nonsense they sell.  They were a great place to shop for computer parts.  Now I can buy kitchen appliances when shopping for a video card .

I use Amazon since I have Prime.  Worked great for my last build and was cheaper than Newegg.

TigerDirect and Microcenter are also pretty decent.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Newegg jumped the shark a long time ago.  They are trying to hard to be a smaller Amazon with all the nonsense they sell.  They were a great place to shop for computer parts.  Now I can buy kitchen appliances when shopping for a video card .

I use Amazon since I have Prime.  Worked great for my last build and was cheaper than Newegg.
TigerDirect and Microcenter are also pretty decent.
View Quote

+1 I cannot tell you the last time I ordered from NewEgg, but I do have BestBuy price match them quiet often.. Usually MicroCenter is cheaper than Amazon and NewEgg and theirs no wait.. so I tend to go with them when BestBuy doesn's stock the item I want (higher end GPU's, CPU, etc..)

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I'm going through TigerDirect for now on they were the first company I thought of once newegg burned me. It just blows my mind that they don't want me as a customer. I spend thousands each year in electronics and pc components, and all they had to do to keep me happy was give me the part I paid for. I mean for all they know I'm a small business owner looking to start some larger purchases to run an E-business and I was just testing their customer service skills. If that was my case all they would have had to do was their job to land a very big client. The stupidity and asshatery with them has just reached new levels I felt like I was talking to this guy during my correspondence.

Literally if any other business did this they would have police at their door. Imagine you go to a watch store and you see a watch you like so you buy it, the salesman says you need to pay up front so you do. When the salesman goes in the back to grab one from inventory he accidentally misplaces it. So he comes out and tells you he lost the watch you just bought so you will just have to wait a few days while he tries to figure out what happened, and after he figures itout 3-5 day later he will give you your money back.....

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I stopped using NewEgg the second time my CC information got stolen after using them.

Microcenter does price match, so yeah.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I apologize about the negative experience that you had regarding our claim process for your video card. I would like to look into this to see what I can do to improve your experience. Please email me your order information at [email protected] and I will contact you regarding this matter.
Newegg Support
-Tori
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry you didn't get what you wanted OP.

It looks like "Newegg_Support" wants to help you out though... even though there's 1 post since their join date of 2013. I'd be skeptical myself about the offer of assistance but that's just me. Might be a troll... might not.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't look now, dude, but I think one of them followed* you here!

(Cue ominous background music.)

* Or has been laying in wait for you or someone like you since 2013, which is even creepier!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I understand this situation is very frustrating, I can imagine I might feel the same way, myname. I want you to know that I am here now and committed to helping you. Please accept my apologize for this inconvenience you have endured. Upon checking, your claim number 000000 has been processed, please allow 3 - 5 business days for the refund to process. It will be credited to your original form of payment.

Thank you for your time and patience. I wish you have a good day.
View Quote

That's straight-up Indian call center talk right there!  

(At least it's Anne now instead of Peggy)
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I apologize about the negative experience that you had regarding our claim process for your video card. I would like to look into this to see what I can do to improve your experience. Please email me your order information at [email protected] and I will contact you regarding this matter.
Newegg Support
-Tori
View Quote

Lol what? Is this a troll?

If this isn't a joke you need to re-read what I said it seems every customer service representative at your company has a problem with actually listening to what the customer is saying. For the 100th time I'll repeat myself to your company: I didn't have a problem with your "claim process" which is borderline highway robbery. I never asked to be apart of your claim process, I told all of your representatives (over the phone, live chat, and email) multiple times to stop the claim nonsense, I was repeatedly ignored. I gave your company my money, your company stole it and refused to give me the product I paid for. Not only is this unethical it is illegal. I directly told your representatives multiples times that if they didn't give me the product I paid for that you would lose me as a customer and again I was repeatedly ignored. Stringing together polite phrases while you stab your customers in the back is not how you run a business.

Either way I'm not really sure what you could do for me at this point, this morning my financial institution came through and got my money back for me. I'll be buying the video card from one of your competitors today.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
That's awesome!

Go Tori chase the OP all over the Internet!

I also use Amazon now. Much better customer service.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#13]
What I dont get is the post was made today....but

Newegg_Support

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread is as weird as the Black Ops thread was.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I sent an email off to that [email protected] I googled around and as far as I can tell it is a real email address and I linked them to this thread in case that user is indeed just a troll.

Here it is

"One of your newegg representatives came onto a guns forum I'm apart of and posted this email address in response to a thread I posted. I'm not retyping my whole story again but if you even care you can read it at this link.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1734146_.html

Long story short newegg REALLY screwed me over, not only did none of your customer representatives care that they were screwing me over they were condescending just enough to hide the fact that they were being smug jerks. I am a repeat customer who has spent thousands on your website and your customer service reps have been doing their best to make sure I never shop at newegg again.

Myname Washere

Order number: 00000000000"
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah I'm going through TigerDirect for now on they were the first company I thought of once newegg burned me. It just blows my mind that they don't want me as a customer. I spend thousands each year in electronics and pc components, and all they had to do to keep me happy was give me the part I paid for. I mean for all they know I'm a small business owner looking to start some larger purchases to run an E-business and I was just testing their customer service skills. If that was my case all they would have had to do was their job to land a very big client. The stupidity and asshatery with them has just reached new levels I felt like I was talking to this guy during my correspondence.

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-17/1702/south-park-s17e02c05-the-cable-company-runaround-16x9.jpg?

Literally if any other business did this they would have police at their door. Imagine you go to a watch store and you see a watch you like so you buy it, the salesman says you need to pay up front so you do. When the salesman goes in the back to grab one from inventory he accidentally misplaces it. So he comes out and tells you he lost the watch you just bought so you will just have to wait a few days while he tries to figure out what happened, and after he figures itout 3-5 day later he will give you your money back.....

View Quote

What did your CC company say...?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/synonSr.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Newegg_Support

http://i.imgur.com/synonSr.png

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:40:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I ordered a portable air conditioner through newegg once. This was a 2x2x3.5 ft package costing $600. Tracking showed it never left the originating state. I called newegg and they did the same thing with me. That have to open an investigation and track it. It would take a few weeks. Meanwhile I was SOL. No refund and they wouldn't ship a replacement until the investigation was over.

Called another newegg rep who was nicer and shipped out a new unit. Got it several days later. A few days after that a guy from the shipping company showed up at the door and asked me to sign a form stating I never received the original unit.

ETA - Also, the first rep told me if I issued a chargeback from my CC company newegg would blacklist my account and address.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:45:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Newegg has gone to shit, but they still have some decent deals.  

OP, file a claim with your credit card.

Also, what "VERY expensive card" are we talking about?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:08:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I ordered a portable air conditioner through newegg once. This was a 2x2x3.5 ft package costing $600. Tracking showed it never left the originating state. I called newegg and they did the same thing with me. That have to open an investigation and track it. It would take a few weeks. Meanwhile I was SOL. No refund and they wouldn't ship a replacement until the investigation was over.

Called another newegg rep who was nicer and shipped out a new unit. Got it several days later. A few days after that a guy from the shipping company showed up at the door and asked me to sign a form stating I never received the original unit.

ETA - Also, the first rep told me if I issued a chargeback from my CC company newegg would blacklist my account and address.
View Quote

That's like firing someone after they have already quit and walked out.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I sent an email off to that [email protected] I googled around and as far as I can tell it is a real email address and I linked them to this thread in case that user is indeed just a troll.

Here it is

"One of your newegg representatives came onto a guns forum I'm apart of and posted this email address in response to a thread I posted. I'm not retyping my whole story again but if you even care you can read it at this link.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1734146_.html

Long story short newegg REALLY screwed me over, not only did none of your customer representatives care that they were screwing me over they were condescending just enough to hide the fact that they were being smug jerks. I am a repeat customer who has spent thousands on your website and your customer service reps have been doing their best to make sure I never shop at newegg again.

Myname Washere

Order number: 00000000000"
View Quote

*edit* thought I was in team.  disregard

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Seems like a mountain out of a mole hill to me.  I had almost the exact same experience dealing with Amazon.  Shit happens, I received the product a few days later than expected, the Sun still rose each day, and no puppies were killed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I've stopped shopping at newegg.  Used to spend lots-o-cash but not anymore.
Yeah, I am close to solely Amazon prime.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd still use newegg if the price was noticeably cheaper than elsewhere.  Got a GTX780 for more than a hundred bucks cheaper than what amazon was selling them for.  Newegg can also be a useful place to go for reviews and seeing a large selection of items and comparing them.

But when the prices are very similar, I generally go Amazon. 2 day Prime shipping is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:28:45 AM EDT
[#26]
The only thing I like about Newegg, is their Open-Box deals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top