Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 10:06:25 AM EDT
Hey guys I wanted to shill a second for a server I play on, not getting any money or special treatment for this, just wanna spread the word.

My little unofficial group "Tactical Excellence [TACX] had been playing Sa-Matra's Wasteland on the Chernarus map for a break from A3Wasteland.  We love the map, we love the new, current era, weapons they had.  We did not love the "Sa-Matra" experience, randomized gunstores, no gear persistence, enemy players showing up on the map for no reason, fragile vehicles (nothing like a holly bush ripping the front axle off your MRAP) and the like.  We said "Damn it would be awesome if we could get this map and these guns playing with the A3Wasteland mission file".

Well by buddy Motavar has made it happen, and Lodac and Geniusness over at TopArma.com saw it, liked it and are now hosting it on one of their servers.

So, if you like Chernarus, and you'd rather play with M16s, AKs, HKs, FALs, AUGs, M240B, and stuff like that than the near future, not quite really exisiting guns from Vanilla Arma 3, come on over and give it a try.

Now for the bad part, you gotta download about 6 gigs of files to make it happen.  The map pack, the RHS weapons pack and the HLC weapons pack.  There are links on the TOPARMA website to download them all via torrent, or you can use the WS Launcher to get them.  If you are or have played on the Sa-Matra Chernarus Wasteland server you already have everything you need.  Once those mods are installed you need to enable them in the Arma 3 main menu under CONFIGURE >>  Expansions.  Enable "WSMAPS", "WSWeapons" and " RHS US FORCES".  Then restart Arma 3.  Once that is done, just look for TOP WEST US #6 on the Arma 3 server browser ( filter for "TOP" in the HOST field.) and join up.

JSRS 3.0 "Dragonfyre" sound mod and Blastcore mod are both supported on the server as well to enhance your auditory and visual experience.

Here is a quick, not especially good, vid from a testing scrimmage TACX did a couple nights ago on our test server.

Video
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been wanting to play on a Chernarus server and the group I play wants to also. Is it easy to enable? We play on the g4 servers a lot.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't see where to download the stuff needed can you link them specifically?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]

I think some of us here randomly found you guys on the server no too long ago

Myself, vbk180, and cgtr

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think some of us here randomly found you guys on the server no too long ago

Myself, vbk180, and cgtr

View Quote

We did, but this server is different.  It's like the other wasteland where you can buy a tank and stuff. It seems ok but ive only played twice for like 30 min each time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I have been playing on this server the past few nights. Was sniping at a bunch of TacX guys in the mountains between Cherno and Electro. Which then turned into a huge tank battle between friends of mine and the TacX guys.  Then a battle with the Brady Bunch.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I have been playing on this server the past few nights. Was sniping at a bunch of TacX guys in the mountains between Cherno and Electro. Which then turned into a huge tank battle between friends of mine and the TacX guys.  Then a battle with the Brady Bunch.
View Quote

The server is seeing a lot of traffic, some good groups coming in, the Bradys, BiB, AirAssault.  Its getting good!!  We are continuing to balance and test.  It would not surprise me to see a second server somewhere down the road.  The TopArma guys are great to work with.

If anyone has suggestions there is a feedback forum on toparma.com and a Wasteland:chernarus thread in their GD.  Post ideas, issues and complaints.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top