Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 4:41:22 PM EDT
I have a WE 1911 gas blow back that I use as an indoor training tool. Unfortunately, it has deteriorated to the point where I can only fire one to two shots before it has used up all the gas. When I originally purchased it, I could fire 15-20 shots no problem. I have purchased 2 new mags to see if that was the issue, it didn't seem to fix the problem.

A few questions:
1) is it worth working on/upgrading this system or should I move on to something better?

2) what airsoft mfg./model do you recommend if upgrading makes sense?

3) I am using regular propane with an adapter and adding silicone lubricant, is this causing premature wear?

4) which replacement parts should I purchase and where if repair is easily accomplished?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Does your hand feel wet/cold when you shoot it? Do you get a cloud of gas? That usually indicates a jacked up nozzle which just happens with wear and tear. The nozzle is responsible for moving a BB from the magazine to the barrel with each cycle and maintaining pressure between the magazine and barrel/bb when you pull the trigger. Alternatively, the hammer may be falling on the magazine for too long wasting gas though Im not sure where that system would fail. If you remove the slide, you may be able to see broken pieces or cracks. 90% certain this nozzle would fix your issues. It could be something more obscure but more info would be necessary.

I, personally, like WE products. KWA and TM make a superior product (with sacrifices of their own) but thats about it as far as better replacements go. Airsoft guns, especially gas, are significantly more intricate than their firearm counterparts and, with their low price point, are bound to have failures regardless of brand. Just taking them apart and replacing/lubricating/modifying one thing usually does the trick. WEs price point makes them popular which has lead to strong aftermarket support. The 1911 is a clone of TM, though, so they should have similar/identical hardware available.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a WE 1911 gas blow back that I use as an indoor training tool. Unfortunately, it has deteriorated to the point where I can only fire one to two shots before it has used up all the gas. When I originally purchased it, I could fire 15-20 shots no problem. I have purchased 2 new mags to see if that was the issue, it didn't seem to fix the problem.

A few questions:
1) is it worth working on/upgrading this system or should I move on to something better?

3) I am using regular propane with an adapter and adding silicone lubricant, is this causing premature wear?

4) which replacement parts should I purchase and where if repair is easily accomplished?

View Quote

1. The WE is a lower end brand, but can be upgraded/repaired with parts meant for the TM 1911. Depending on the problem, it may be a simple fix. It's most likely a problem in the blowback chamber.

2. KJW makes a nice 1911 that can use either propane or CO2 mags. Elite Force makes a decent 1911 that runs on CO2 mags.

3. Propane isn't the problem. WE are just low quality pistols.

4. Parts depend on the problem. I know Evike.com carries a lot of WE stuff and aftermarket upgrades.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1. The WE is a lower end brand, but can be upgraded/repaired with parts meant for the TM 1911. Depending on the problem, it may be a simple fix. It's most likely a problem in the blowback chamber.

2. KJW makes a nice 1911 that can use either propane or CO2 mags. Elite Force makes a decent 1911 that runs on CO2 mags.

4. Parts depend on the problem. I know Evike.com carries a lot of WE stuff and aftermarket upgrades.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few questions:

WE is not "lower end"

That's like saying a brand new Corvette Stingray is lower end compared to a Bugatti.

There are nicer pistols out there but that one is definitely worth fixing if you plan to use it.

Edit: OP empty your message box, I'm trying to send you a PM
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

WE is not "lower end"

That's like saying a brand new Corvette Stingray is lower end compared to a Bugatti.

There are nicer pistols out there but that one is definitely worth fixing if you plan to use it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few questions:

WE is not "lower end"

WE is about as cheap as you can get in the 1911 GBB market. A Marui, KWA, Elite Force or KJW 1911 will work more reliably for longer than the WE.

Dumping gas is likely a problem in the blowback chamber preventing the slide from cycling fast enough...keeping the valve locker down and the valve open. Could be blow-by at the piston, cracked chamber, broken floating valve, etc... Like mentioned above, the biggest indicator is a big puff of gas out of the ejection port or barrel.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:53:50 AM EDT
[#5]
O-rings should be the first thing you check.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does your hand feel wet/cold when you shoot it? Do you get a cloud of gas? That usually indicates a jacked up nozzle which just happens with wear and tear. The nozzle is responsible for moving a BB from the magazine to the barrel with each cycle and maintaining pressure between the magazine and barrel/bb when you pull the trigger. Alternatively, the hammer may be falling on the magazine for too long wasting gas though Im not sure where that system would fail. If you remove the slide, you may be able to see broken pieces or cracks. 90% certain this nozzle would fix your issues. It could be something more obscure but more info would be necessary.

I, personally, like WE products. KWA and TM make a superior product (with sacrifices of their own) but thats about it as far as better replacements go. Airsoft guns, especially gas, are significantly more intricate than their firearm counterparts and, with their low price point, are bound to have failures regardless of brand. Just taking them apart and replacing/lubricating/modifying one thing usually does the trick. WEs price point makes them popular which has lead to strong aftermarket support. The 1911 is a clone of TM, though, so they should have similar/identical hardware available.
View Quote

Thanks Reiko, I ordered this nozzle (and a bunch of other stuff, lol). Hopefully it fixes my issue. I have a lot of fun training around the house with this thing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

WE is about as cheap as you can get in the 1911 GBB market. A Marui, KWA, Elite Force or KJW 1911 will work more reliably for longer than the WE.

Dumping gas is likely a problem in the blowback chamber preventing the slide from cycling fast enough...keeping the valve locker down and the valve open. Could be blow-by at the piston, cracked chamber, broken floating valve, etc... Like mentioned above, the biggest indicator is a big puff of gas out of the ejection port or barrel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few questions:

WE is not "lower end"

Thanks for the response. I will install the parts I ordered from Evike and then do a further eval, with pics if that will help. Parts will be here tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top