Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2014 12:35:57 AM EDT
Can we start a new one here that helps players without the super serial gamer butthurt?

Any tips for the T37? I need em lol

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:25:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Why is the T-34 in the U.S. section of the tech tree?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
It was a prototype US tank that was designated T-34. It existed only on paper.

Were you thinking about the Russian T-34?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like they got another one started in GD. Already drama filled lol
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for this.  I tried to follow that huge thread, and it is unreadable (to me).

I don't live WOT, but will play a few games now and again.

Despite playing so long, I am at best a mediocre player slugging it out with two 'Merican tanks the T-69 and T-71 trying to make it ultimately to a T-57 where I will probably just continue to be a mediocre player, only with a bigger tank
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thank you for this.  I tried to follow that huge thread, and it is unreadable (to me).

I don't live WOT, but will play a few games now and again.

Despite playing so long, I am at best a mediocre player slugging it out with two 'Merican tanks the T-69 and T-71 trying to make it ultimately to a T-57 where I will probably just continue to be a mediocre player, only with a bigger tank
View Quote
I am terrible at light tanks but I just bought a T37 after hearing about it. Sadly I still suck in it lol

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Looks like they got another one started in GD. Already drama filled lol
View Quote
Internet's are serious business, Mr.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]
In on 1.

All that purse swinging in the other thread sucks and detracts from us mediocre players who enjoy talking about WOT (instead of bitching about clans and specific individuals) and trying to learn something.  All the angst from grown-ass adult men over an online fucking video game is unbelievable.

Thanks for starting (what I sincerely hope will be) a drama free thread.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
JOIN AR15 CLAN

Casual group who are equally at home platooning, soloing, or tank company.

We don't participate in Clan Wars or Tournaments.  (not that we won't if there is ever interest)

Send me an ARFCOM IM, once you have a World of Tanks account, if you want to join.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
In on 1

Tips on the T37 ..Im running 60ish % WR with 2 barrel bands and probably dont have a clue but here goes

Team that looks good T8-T9
Passive spot early... depending on where you are take a few shots if you can get away with it....
Move somewhere else and do it again, if you can poke different places and shoot and get away with it DO IT
Mid or late game get more aggressive but still stay safe and shoot like hell
Late game I go aggressive in your face circling stuff hunting arty etc...

Bad team Im going to be more active shooting stuff from the beginning

T6- T7

I have been in 2 T6 matches in this tank in 200+ matches
I dont play scout at all... if I light it not intentional most of the time... I run it like a light med scout and shoot everything

three in a toon is a WRECKING FORCE

I have my old hellcat crew in it and its 5 skills so they help
I run Coated Optics, Rammer and Vstab

it will hit on the move about 80% of the time...autolock is your friend

Hope that helps
and BTW if you dont mind being seen with me, My in game name is the same and I should be free to toon up unless Im trying out a recruit or running a tourney...
Ill be happy to run some with you.
the T37 is my favorite tank.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#10]
IN ON 1 BIATCHES>>>>lol....Leisure, a lot of us 'newer' guys would probably love to run some tournaments...especially if we ran weekend only....Can't believe how fun it is, especially with a good caller...
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Hello guys. I'm in this for drama free version. I have a shitload of tanks through T-10 and more unlocked. If have questions I'll answer best I can. I am a green and blue player, mostly green. My advice is worth what you pay for it.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm.  No, the US T34 existed in iron.  They built a couple of them, some were converted to T30's, and others used as gun testbeds, IIRC.

Last surviving T34:

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#13]
In on one, Added a link to this thread in the GD thread.

The GD thread can be found Here if you prefer to talk a little smack
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Just played 2 games...I had the life expectancy of a house fly...

And I don't think I suck that bad, but my two tanks can't really take to many hits before they kaboom, and my autoloading cannons feel like they are shooting jelly beans-despite trying to hit the right places.

And then the long reloads of the "clip."  Ugh.

I do best with both in a sniper role (if I can find a decent position, and then live long enough to get there) lol.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just played 2 games...I had the life expectancy of a house fly...

And I don't think I suck that bad, but my two tanks can't really take to many hits before they kaboom, and my autoloading cannons feel like they are shooting jelly beans-despite trying to hit the right places.

And then the long reloads of the "clip."  Ugh.

I do best with both in a sniper role (if I can find a decent position, and then live long enough to get there) lol.
View Quote

What tanks are you playing?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#16]

10 kills

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

T-71 and T-69.

Also, please no screen shots to cloud up this thread?

I am done with the T-71 though, since it does not give me experience points to my next upgrade, only the T-69 Tier VIII points will.

Of course, I just found this out
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm in.  looking forward to a fresh start.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

T-71 and T-69.

I am done with the T-71 though, since it does not give me experience points to my next upgrade, only the T-69 Tier VIII points will.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

T-71 and T-69.

Is that a question or request? wat?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry, I meant please no screenshots because they make these threads longer than need be?  I mean nice shooting, but it just seems those other threads are huge and unreadable because of the screenshots.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Since I can't do squat with applying my T71 experience, I added the bigger engine and better radio.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Anybody else feel like this applies to them: "Bad win rate=Good WN8. Good win rate=Bad WN8." I should put that in my sig line. In the end, it all averages itself out. And that's why I'll never be more than an average player........
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

T-71 and T-69.

Well, not to be an ass but until the OP posts that I would ignore it.  I look at this website from 5 different computers and 6 different locations with different internet locations and dont have a problem on any of them reading any threads in AR15...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anybody else feel like this applies to them: "Bad win rate=Good WN8. Good win rate=Bad WN8." I should put that in my sig line. In the end, it all averages itself out. And that's why I'll never be more than an average player........
View Quote

Well yea it does.. Its much easier to run a great WN8 on a crap team than it is on a really good team..  We have some players in the clan with WN8s that run Unicum to superunicum and frankly I try to stay away from those guys unless I am trying to learn something from them or pad my win rate... They are great guys and a lot of fun but keeping my WN8 up with them in the same team is freakin HARD and I mean REALLY hard....

the other side is, if you pay attn to what they are doing in the tank they are in youll find really cool spots and maybe learn some other stuff from them so that later you can run the WN8 threw the roof like they do.

When youre on a really good team (HAVE TO BE RUNNING XVM here) Try watching or following a guy thats better than you in a similar tank.... learn something
get that win and then pad the WN8 on a crap team.

TLDNR
Hell yea thats how it works  

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Sorry, I meant please no screenshots because they make these threads longer than need be?  I mean nice shooting, but it just seems those other threads are huge and unreadable because of the screenshots.
View Quote
There is a mobile version ARCOM-lite that doesn't show images.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#26]
In on 1(dammit!).  Good to see the drama-free version!

Hey, does anyone play at really odd times? Like Monday morning odd (9-ish to maybe 12-ish AM MDT)?

I have a weird work schedule so that's when I'm normally on.

StainlessSteelRatt
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I play at weird times.

Really trying to make my T69 work for me, but I think I am regretting the tech tree I chose.  

The tier 10 T57 Heavy Tank has some major weakness, and I am literally creeping to even get to that! 107,000 more experience to go.

This game has soaked me for at least $200+ bucks-and I am still not in a tank I "love" lol.

Wish they would get some new maps, with a larger scale to really change some of the dynamics or more unusual goals other than capture the flag, protect the flag, etc.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#28]
I think my next tank name will be "KABOOM!" "Lead Magnet" or "The Paper Tomato"

Do "clans" have access to anything different like maps or anything extra?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

No sir, with the exception of the global map which clans fight each other on and tournaments but we fight on the maps that pubs do.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
Clans have the ability to fight in Clan Wars, where they play ona global map to hold and take staes and countries and regions.  They earn gold for various activities.  They always play/require Tier X tanks. (with some special event exception clan war events, but not many)

They also can do something called strongholds, where they build up a base that gives them credit and XP multipliers for a couple specified hours each week.

The other way to earn gold, and doesn't require clan membership, is to play in tournaments.  These are groups of several players who compete against other groups in bracketed playoffs.  Winner earns up to 10,000 gold per team mate for all week play, -OR- 5,000 (?) gold per team mate for weekend play.  I may be a little off on this description, but you get the general idea. These tourneys are generally a different tier each week ranging from 2 - 10.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I play at weird times.

Really trying to make my T69 work for me, but I think I am regretting the tech tree I chose.  

The tier 10 T57 Heavy Tank has some major weakness, and I am literally creeping to even get to that! 107,000 more experience to go.

This game has soaked me for at least $200+ bucks-and I am still not in a tank I "love" lol.

Wish they would get some new maps, with a larger scale to really change some of the dynamics or more unusual goals other than capture the flag, protect the flag, etc.
View Quote

Not having a tank that you "love" isn't necessarily a bad thing. Once you do find that tank, WOT will nerf it......guaranteed. And then you'll develop a "love-hate" relationship with it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Not having a tank that you "love" isn't necessarily a bad thing. Once you do find that tank, WOT will nerf it......guaranteed. And then you'll develop a "love-hate" relationship with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I play at weird times.

TRUTH!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Clans have CW but beyond that it pretty much just makes it easier to get platoons and tourney teams. Most clans will also have a t.s. or vent server for coms as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:19:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Have you guys tried Robocraft? It's free on steam like actually free not pay to win like WOT. It plays like WoT except funner and you can build your own tanks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I play at weird times.

View Quote

My current two favorite tanks are the E50 and M110E5.  I just got the E5 yesterday and have only played a handful of games in it.  I've always heard about tanks that are "comfortable" to play.  The E5 is the first tank that makes me understand just what the hell that means.  It's a very well rounded vehicle.   Nothing truly exceptional but all together?  Its fantastic.  

Long winded way of saying that you might think about going up either of those two lines (i.e. American Heavies and German Heavy Mediums).
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No sir, with the exception of the global map which clans fight each other on and tournaments but we fight on the maps that pubs do.

Jim
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jim

Strongholds too.

But you can take part in Strongholds too as long as you're not in any clan.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Thinking of naming some tanks too;

I am With the Stupids...

Lube Not Required...

31.2 % to win guaranteed....

Bottom Tier Everytime....

RNJesus Hate ME...

Fuck You MM...
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#38]
What do you guys run for addons, and there is a decent package of them that you can grab?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What do you guys run for addons, and there is a decent package of them that you can grab?
View Quote

Go here......

This mod pack installer program has all the current mods, you just click which ones you want (previews available for most of them) and it installs them automatically.  It's very handy IMO.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Go here......

This mod pack installer program has all the current mods, you just click which ones you want (previews available for most of them) and it installs them automatically.  It's very handy IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go here......

Yeah, I found out about the OMC modpack in one of the threads on here. It has everything, they are quick to update the mods in the pack to compatible versions whenever WOT has a new update, and it is so easy to use. I'll never go back to installing them individually.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Did you all see the bonus code for 1 day of premium - its 2015WGNY
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for starting a new thread!

I decided to take a different line of tanks since I was having no fun with my Tier VI "light tank"

Right now, playing the M2 Medium, though unsure which way I want to go from the M3 Lee... Time will tell.

Having a great time with that 75mm Howitzer tho
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#43]
My crew is fully 100/110% and just started rocking their special skills, and now that they are past 60-70% my tank has become significantly more deadly in it's ability to hit critical parts in the enemy.

It still lacks a lot of punch and has a slow reload, but it still seems to do more damage now per 4 round clip.  Also, I can kill a Sherman with just 4 rounds (usually).

Further, I am running the 100 octane gas, and it seems to give the tank some more pep and turret speed (just a smidge though).

Also I upgraded the suspension via the enhanced torsion bars, and I have been much less likely to lose a track.

Now with my crew at 90+ percent special skills, the tank is a bit more of a threat to be reckoned with.

I keep my Russkie Premium I-S6 as my "money maker" and it routinely gets $20-40K in silver per game;  I do not use gold to convert experience, I dump all experience back into the crew and use it to fund my endeavors with my T69 (which costs a lot to repair and rearm).

I am now 32K away from my T54 Tier 9 tank; so I keep on grinding
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:19:53 AM EDT
[#44]
stay on course TexasTony, the T57 heavy is worth it

my wife has one and it can deal massive damage, and the magazine reload time is scary fast too
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#45]
I finally made it to the T54E Medium.

Essentially a jump in 400 HP to 1750, a slightly bigger tank (slower turret traverse and speed); the biggest advantage is the 5 round drum for the stock 90mm potato gun, 1 more round over the 69.  

My crew took a slight hit in experience when they transferred, so I am building them to 100% again.

I will be with this tank for a looooong time before I can gain the experience for the 120mm 4 shot cannon, and then the 'Merican T57 heavy so I popped the $$$ for gold and added permanent camo for dessert and forest.  Maybe I will add winter too?  IDK

I added auto fire extinguisher but really want the 100 octane, but it sucks up 2500 (on sale) in silver, and this thing is already a cash hog to run-but it lacks "pep" and the next engine upgrade is another small fortune.  Maybe I will dump the first aid kit and go for it anyway, since I had driving a light armored slug.  Bigger, better, faster has always been my motto

It costs roughly $20K+ silver to repair too
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Now it is like I can't ever seem to win a game with this tank.  

I wonder if it because it is a tier 9 and I am getting grouped differently?  

IDK.

Edit: just cleaned up $28K silver, led the team at 3 kills, and 5400 experience (non first game bonus).

I am sure now I will lose the next 20 games though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top