Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2014 5:03:51 PM EDT
Anybody tried this?
I am tempted, but I don't want to download 3gb, and be disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty good game.  There's an arf clan running around on it.  I haven't played in awhile, likely be awhile more before I do.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is the "Official" WarThunder thread:

Mike

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mike

View Quote
It very fun.  Can be VERY grindy though.   Devs seem biased against anything German.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It very fun.  Can be VERY grindy though.   Devs seem biased against anything German, American, British and Japanese.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

It very fun.  Can be VERY grindy though.   Devs seem biased against anything German, American, British and Japanese.

FIFY Fun game, especially when you get a bunch of ARFCOMMERs in there, but they nerfed the ever lovin' hell out of our bombers
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It very fun.  Can be VERY grindy though.   Devs seem biased against anything German.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

I've heard the devs are russian, so all of the russian planes are over powered.  I started as the Germans and they aren't as good as thought they should be, the game is still fun though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've heard the devs are russian, so all of the russian planes are over powered.  I started as the Germans and they aren't as good as thought they should be, the game is still fun though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

Yep, there is a Russian plane like tier 2 or 3 that can one hit kill anything at that level and maybe above.  To be fair it has a big cannon but still.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
FIFY Fun game, especially when you get a bunch of ARFCOMMERs in there, but they nerfed the ever lovin' hell out of our bombers
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

LOL true.  I heard about the bomber nerf.   Sometimes when I play and get frustrated I think "these devs are fucking racist as fuck".

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:01:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

It gets better.  I fear nothing in my fully upgraded FW190s.

I get annoyed going up against jets every. friggin. match. I play in my Ta-152h though.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yep, there is a Russian plane like tier 2 or 3 that can one hit kill anything at that level and maybe above.  To be fair it has a big cannon but still.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

The devs say the planes are accurate based on the real specs. I'm just a bit skeptical that the published specs about WW2 Soviet planes were 100% accurate. Just like when they said the T72 could go toe to toe and win against an Abrams. Russian quality control sucked balls for decades, but 'drunk and starving factory worker' isn't taken into account.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a fun game.  I need to get it updated and setup both my new toys: TrackIR and X-55 HOTAS.  

I did do one tank mission a while back.  That was fun!  I got super lucky, zoomed my little peashooter of a tank into a base, hid behind a bush, and took out 3 tanks before they figured out what was going on.  

But, between Elite Dangerous and a weekly RPG, and soon to be a weekly wargame night, and my normal Massive Video Game Backlog, I may or may not get around to actually patching WT.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The devs say the planes are accurate based on the real specs. I'm just a bit skeptical that the published specs about WW2 Soviet planes were 100% accurate. Just like when they said the T72 could go toe to toe and win against an Abrams. Russian quality control sucked balls for decades, but 'drunk and starving factory worker' isn't taken into account.
View Quote

They say a lot.
Look how long the P-38 has had a weird FM, or the P-82 and it's absurd placeholder FM.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I dumped World of Tanks 100% once I got to playing War Thunder a bit. It's actually fun. WoT always gave me the sense that I was rolling around in a Matchbox toy. The tanks in WT, to me at least, feel like you're rolling around in something, well, big. I have the graphics turned down about as far as possible, just so I can run it, and it still looks decent enough. Frame rates are much, much better for me versus WoT too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought it was boring as hell and the menu and leveling up set up was terrible
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top