BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The forest one is an ice dragon, just a heads up.

(ETA)
Also, there are a couple 'missions' involving her (as pertains to your spoiler); though they did not all unlock for me.  Part of why I'm doing a thorough replay.  I've already doubled the amount of play/sidemissions/cutscenes and I'm just getting to the point of starting 'act II' per say.  Finished hinterlands (except for the dragon), and got all the companions/agents I could without closing the rift.  Did a thorough convo tree exploration of those characters and, advisors, gained to that point (minus the heart-throb stuff); did what initial work I could for the companion missions...THEN...did the closing the rift part.  Am now cleaning up some of the side missions and unlocking all side areas; will save the empress later on after clearing a half dozen zones first and, doing all the advisor missions I can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Took my second dragon down, the electric one, but I can't even make it to the one in the forest. The giants keep respawning for some reason and each time they do, 4-5 more druffalo decide to mosey on over and then I have to fight them too. WTF

(ETA)
Also, there are a couple 'missions' involving her (as pertains to your spoiler); though they did not all unlock for me.  Part of why I'm doing a thorough replay.  I've already doubled the amount of play/sidemissions/cutscenes and I'm just getting to the point of starting 'act II' per say.  Finished hinterlands (except for the dragon), and got all the companions/agents I could without closing the rift.  Did a thorough convo tree exploration of those characters and, advisors, gained to that point (minus the heart-throb stuff); did what initial work I could for the companion missions...THEN...did the closing the rift part.  Am now cleaning up some of the side missions and unlocking all side areas; will save the empress later on after clearing a half dozen zones first and, doing all the advisor missions I can.

Can't you keep playing post-ending?  I was under the impression that you could just save a lot of the side missions and war table missions for afterwards.

I'm still slogging through my first runthrough myself.  Being a completionist can be a bitch sometimes.  I think I'm at 65 hours now.  Still, there's been surprisingly few instances where I was genuinely irritated by the mission or level design so far.  Even the fetch quests were pretty non-offensive.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, you can keep playing after you finish the main story.  Does pop a warning up that some things may not be available after you do that, though.  Also, watch through the credits...there's a scene after them that gives some food for thought.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Can't you keep playing post-ending?  I was under the impression that you could just save a lot of the side missions and war table missions for afterwards.

I'm still slogging through my first runthrough myself.  Being a completionist can be a bitch sometimes.  I think I'm at 65 hours now.  Still, there's been surprisingly few instances where I was genuinely irritated by the mission or level design so far.  Even the fetch quests were pretty non-offensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Took my second dragon down, the electric one, but I can't even make it to the one in the forest. The giants keep respawning for some reason and each time they do, 4-5 more druffalo decide to mosey on over and then I have to fight them too. WTF

(ETA)

You can, but it isn't worth it.  You crafting area goes away, you lose one or two companions for reasons(I'm not saying they die but you can't use them), and the ones that are left hanging around Skyhold just say the same sentence over and over.  Other people, like Cullen, can't even be found anymore.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You can, but it isn't worth it.  You crafting area goes away, you lose one or two companions for reasons(I'm not saying they die but you can't use them), and the ones that are left hanging around Skyhold just say the same sentence over and over.  Other people, like Cullen, can't even be found anymore.
View Quote

da fuq?  So I'm stuck with whatever weapons and armor I end the game with.  That's some bullshit.  

I had heard that the post ending companion stuff was lackluster, if not downright unfinished.  Sounds like maybe Bioware didn't originally plan on allowing you to keep playing afterwards.  Oh well.  I'll finish the game and just wait for the DLC to jump back in.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:24:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

da fuq?  So I'm stuck with whatever weapons and armor I end the game with.  That's some bullshit.  

I had heard that the post ending companion stuff was lackluster, if not downright unfinished.  Sounds like maybe Bioware didn't originally plan on allowing you to keep playing afterwards.  Oh well.  I'll finish the game and just wait for the DLC to jump back in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a lot of stuff that didn't make it into the game so they could make the release date.  Yay for EA.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There's a lot of stuff that didn't make it into the game so they could make the release date.  Yay for EA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposedly the word about town (i.e. the bioware forums) based on dev tweets or something is that all the story DLC is going to be post ending, so there's at least hope that they'll fix some of that stuff.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Supposedly the word about town (i.e. the bioware forums) based on dev tweets or something is that all the story DLC is going to be post ending, so there's at least hope that they'll fix some of that stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will be since it is already partially done/was supposed to be in game.  There was a lot of talk of all the stuff you would be able to do after the main story in Inquisition, but it didnt make it into the game.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
All through the summer I had been looking forward to Far Cry 4 the most of any game this fall, since the series is one of my favorites.  However, after seeing the gameplay and reviews from Inquisition over the last couple of weeks I actually ended up just preordering it instead.  Getting me to put Far Cry 4 on hold is quite the feat, but Inquisition was something I couldn't pass up.

Had it preloaded on PC last night and started playing when it unlocked; just finished the first short combat tutorial.  Seems very promising so far.

ETA:  The graphics aren't blowing me away, but it's not half bad, either.  I've got them maxed out with my 780.
View Quote

FYI Far Cry 4 is more than I expected it to be.
I recommend it to anyone seeking something new
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Just wait until you get to the other areas as well. But Dragon Age isn't really about the best graphics per se. Or even the best combat mechanics. It's the story and the environments that are top notch to me. I killed 2 dragons over the weekend. It was a lot easier once I exploited the chest glitch for a couple hours to get a bunch of fade-touched obsidian. I was able to craft a pair of tier 3 daggers for the inquisitor with tier 3 metals and fade-touched obsidian in the masterwork slot. Now if I just had some really good armor...
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just wait until you get to the other areas as well. But Dragon Age isn't really about the best graphics per se. Or even the best combat mechanics. It's the story and the environments that are top notch to me. I killed 2 dragons over the weekend. It was a lot easier once I exploited the chest glitch for a couple hours to get a bunch of fade-touched obsidian. I was able to craft a pair of tier 3 daggers for the inquisitor with tier 3 metals and fade-touched obsidian in the masterwork slot. Now if I just had some really good armor...
View Quote

If you're fine with glitching then just duplicate the tier 4 dragon bones/leather/etc. with the item duplicate glitch (if you're on PS4/Xbone anyway)

Then there's the infinite skill point chest in crestwood as well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you're fine with glitching then just duplicate the tier 4 dragon bones/leather/etc. with the item duplicate glitch (if you're on PS4/Xbone anyway)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I think I already got that one and it's too late to go back. It's in the village in crestwood, right? I should try to duplicate the dragon stuff. Game is still challenging, I got wiped out a few times in Emprise Du Lion this morning.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, I think I already got that one and it's too late to go back. It's in the village in crestwood, right? I should try to duplicate the dragon stuff. Game is still challenging, I got wiped out a few times in Emprise Du Lion this morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it's the locked door in Crestwood.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:47:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, the one that unlocks after you finish the main area quest?

How does that work?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#14]
http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/hefty-patch-hits-dragon-age-inquisition-today-fixes-pc-mouse-controls/

According to producer Scylla Costa, the new update will focus on the game’s stability. Here’s what the patch will fix:

•Stability – Various crashes, freezes, audio/voice glitches, and many stability improvements.
•Gameplay – Conversations, quests, plot states, combat, UI, camera, controls, follower/enemy AI and path finding, exploits, radar, and search.
•Multiplayer – In addition to some of the gameplay improvements listed above, multiplayer fixes also cover areas such as animations, game mode bugs, stat reporting, and stability/crash fixes.
•PC – Numerous control & UI fixes, fixes to some hitching, improved Mantle performance, graphical glitches.

Gameplay will also be another focus in a third Dragon Age patch, according to the blog post, which will focus on the following:

•Keyboard & Mouse controls: Patch 2 includes the first range of fixes towards addressing the feedback we’ve received on the PC controls; it cleans things up so you’ll see fewer problems with the current layout. This gives us a more stable base upon which to work. After Patch 2 goes out, our next priority is to improve the PC mouse/keyboard controls further. We’re investigating how to expand on PC usability and functionality to address specific requests from the community.
•Some people have reported problems with party banter firing. To find out more about how the Banter System works please go here. We have also identified that in some edge scenarios, banter isn’t firing as often as we’d like, so we’ll be increasing the percentage chance of it happening. This increase will come after Patch 2.

As well as this, Costa says the studio will be adding new features to the game:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#15]
There's a complete list of patch notes out there too.  They fixed a punch of bugs I've been running into on PC,  including the war table mouse bug and the infinite main menu ea servers BS.   Sounds like you still can't bind actions to mouse buttons,  but they say they are working on it.

More generally, one of the changes that I'll really like is that the area search now highlights stuff that you find on your minimap.  Items also stay highlighted longer than they used to be.  Hopefully that will mean that I don't need to spam the search key as often.

Banter has been broke as shit for me and I rarely get any ambient party chatter,  so we'll see if this affects that at all.  Supposedly they upped the occurrence chance.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#16]
They patched 4/5 of the versions.

They left out Xbox One...
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Since I'm hearing that I can't do certain things post-story, what's the last chance I have to wrap up those things, companion sidequests, etc. before it locks me into the endgame?  I'm ready to do the well of sorrows mission and it is giving me endgame vibes.  Will I have another chance to do personal quests and things like supporting the divine of my choice after this mission, or should I get those all done before starting this one?  I'd prefer to save some of that stuff until later, but I don't want to leave any loose ends hanging.  

If I need to, I'll just adjust my PC clock settings to make the game think enough real world time has passed so I can burn through a bunch of those war table missions real quickly.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Since I'm hearing that I can't do certain things post-story, what's the last chance I have to wrap up those things, companion sidequests, etc. before it locks me into the endgame?  I'm ready to do the well of sorrows mission and it is giving me endgame vibes.  Will I have another chance to do personal quests and things like supporting the divine of my choice after this mission, or should I get those all done before starting this one?  I'd prefer to save some of that stuff until later, but I don't want to leave any loose ends hanging.  

If I need to, I'll just adjust my PC clock settings to make the game think enough real world time has passed so I can burn through a bunch of those war table missions real quickly.  
View Quote

Engame starts when you activate the endgame mission, it'll have a 'cloud' over it like the other main lines that pop up.  It's a 0 power cost mission and it will tell you that some things will not be available if you start/activate it.  

Well of sorrows is close, as in, just before it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Hit level 20 but there is still the electric dragons that are owning me pretty bad. One in the storm coast and the other in the area where you fight three of them. I need to completely revamp my weapons and armor buffs as they are all electric based. I am at the point in the game where I need to plant the crystal in somone's hold. How close am I to the end?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Just finished the game, and overall thought that it was great.  I was very completionist and only left a couple of minor sidequests in the hinterlands undone.  Took 75 hours, maxed out my influence (lvl 20), reached lvl 24 on the last mission.  I really, really enjoyed this game.  Definitely my game of the year.

The one new thing that irritated me was how unfinished the post-game stuff seemed.  I experienced more bugs in the few minutes I've spent so far in skyhold post-game than I did in the rest of my game combined.  My throne kept randomly disappearing, as did various NPCs, tables, and other stuff.  Companions lose all of their dialogue, you can't buy, sell, or upgrade equipment, and it just generally feels janky as hell.  Hopefully they'll get that sorted out pretty soon and not just wait for an expansion to actually finish the game.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hit level 20 but there is still the electric dragons that are owning me pretty bad. One in the storm coast and the other in the area where you fight three of them. I need to completely revamp my weapons and armor buffs as they are all electric based. I am at the point in the game where I need to plant the crystal in somone's hold. How close am I to the end?
View Quote

The crystal is a side mission (at least it was for me when I allied with the templars), so it's hard so say.  Probably somewhere in the back third.  I was worried about them pushing the last mission on you stealthily, but like the poster above said it makes it really obvious when you are at the last mission.  It tells you in the description that you should finish up your loose ends before starting it, so you don't have to worry about being surprised by it.  You can go above level 20, BTW.   You can also keep playing after the end of the game, including killing any remaining dragons, but you won't be able to do any companion related quests, so make sure you have all of those tidied up before then, including any on the war table.  

You also can't change your weapon or armor layouts post game for some stupid reason.  That is, you can equip new stuff, but you can't make, modify, or sell anything.  At least not at skyhold.  You might still be able to do it at one of the other keeps that you take over, though I haven't checked.  So make sure you have all of your weapons and armor set up the way you want prior to that last mission, because that may be what you are stuck with until the first expansion comes out.  Same with those amulets that let you respec - make sure you've bought as many as you will need.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#22]
So...this time I took Sera to the mission at the ball...her introduction at the ballroom  
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So...this time I took Sera to the mission at the ball...her introduction at the ballroom  
View Quote

I saw that one.  Pretty good.  Cassandra's is also pretty funny.  Apparently she has about 600 names.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:54:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

The cyrstal is a side mission.  If you do it, it gives you another option somewhere else in the game.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#25]
It really bugs me that you can't switch from a bow to a blade during combat.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:17:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It really bugs me that you can't switch from a bow to a blade during combat.
View Quote

I thought that was bullshit too when I started, but I found it wasn't that big of a deal in the end.  Daggers are 100% mo betta than bows.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#27]
You sure? I'm doing close to 4k damage with full draw and a shitload with the hail of arrows
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Bought this game for 360 console last week. Does the game speed up at all? Seems like a lamer version of skyrim. I started a drawf 2 handed character but it seems like every weapon I pick up is for a warrior, should I make a new character?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bought this game for 360 console last week. Does the game speed up at all? Seems like a lamer version of skyrim. I started a drawf 2 handed character but it seems like every weapon I pick up is for a warrior, should I make a new character?
View Quote

Shouldn't need to.  At times a lot of the same types of weapons will show up but, it'll even out as you go.  There are some nice two-handed mauls/axes later on, that some of the mini-bosses use.  You'll know them as you see them.

As for speeding up, the game takes hours to play...you can finish the main story in around 40 hours if you take the most direct path...but, you can also play for over 200 hours with all the content that's there, if you want to.  First playthrough will always be slow with this type of game; part of the nature of actual RPG games.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You sure? I'm doing close to 4k damage with full draw and a shitload with the hail of arrows
View Quote

Do be honest, I don't know.  I prefer playing it more action based rather than tactical, combat wise, so I turned off the DPS notifications.  My base daggers on my last character were over 400dps each though, so combined my basic attacks alone were doing 800+ dps.  And the assassin specialization gives you a ridiculously OP ranged attack called hidden blades that when fully upgraded gives you 6 hits at 300% weapon damage each hit.  So with 800 base DPS that gets to some pretty insane numbers.  Something like 14k damage, if my math is right.  Though again, I haven't actually checked to see what numbers actually pop up.

But really, I just like getting up close and personal rather than running around shooting from a distance.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Bow does good damage will Full Draw and Longshot but after that the DPS is pretty terrible. My dagger rogue is a crit machine and I can also do a lot of damage on bosses with Mark of Death (2500-4000). I have so many damage modifiers for flanking and a ton of bonus armor penetration, it's ridiculous.

Figured out a couple nights ago how to dupe items. Accidentally lost all my dragon Bone, so now I need to kill a dragon before I'll have any more of that. I can duplicate any crafting material, so I also need to get some fade-touched silverite and I'll be able to make the +5 guard daggers. Not that I really need them...
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Not duping anything, kinda ruins the game for me. All of my bow dps is close to 1k after buffs and such so I can't complain. I usually roll with solas, cassandra and iron bull so I don't see a need for a 3rd to be that close

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Bow does good damage will Full Draw and Longshot but after that the DPS is pretty terrible. My dagger rogue is a crit machine and I can also do a lot of damage on bosses with Mark of Death (2500-4000). I have so many damage modifiers for flanking and a ton of bonus armor penetration, it's ridiculous.

Figured out a couple nights ago how to dupe items. Accidentally lost all my dragon Bone, so now I need to kill a dragon before I'll have any more of that. I can duplicate any crafting material, so I also need to get some fade-touched silverite and I'll be able to make the +5 guard daggers. Not that I really need them...
View Quote

I didn't do any duping the first time around,  but this time I might just for the hell of it.  Grab a few dozen essence of purity for 100% masterwork chance, lol.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, you could do that, or you could just save and reload until you get a masterwork. It's annoying but just as effective.

I am trying to unlock the Storm Coast dragon but apparently you have to unlock a red templar quest in Emerald Graves first...
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah, you could do that, or you could just save and reload until you get a masterwork. It's annoying but just as effective.

I am trying to unlock the Storm Coast dragon but apparently you have to unlock a red templar quest in Emerald Graves first...
View Quote

I believe that's the case.  I remember that it's at the end of a long cave system that you can't enter until later on.  I don't recall where I ended up getting the ability to enter it though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I believe that's the case.  I remember that it's at the end of a long cave system that you can't enter until later on.  I don't recall where I ended up getting the ability to enter it though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, red Templar stuff opens those caves, need the lyrium dposits inside for Varric, as well...if you have that companion quest active.  It'll show up as a war council mission that unlocks the area for it; same general map area as storm coast.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#37]
So I guess I need to go talk to Varric then.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:28:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

It doesn't unlock until sometime after the Grey Wardens stuff starts, I forget exactly when.  But definitely later in the game.  And I'm pretty sure that you don't talk to Varric to get it going as it doesn't seem to be considered one of his personal friendship-type quests; it just appears on the war table I believe.  Something about Red Templars attempting to set up a base on the storm coast.

Technically you don't even need those red lyrium deposits to fulfill that sidequest for Varric; you need to destroy 12 to complete the quest but there are at least 18 in the world.  However, it IS the only way to access the storm coast dragon as far as I know.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It doesn't unlock until sometime after the Grey Wardens stuff starts, I forget exactly when.  But definitely later in the game.  And I'm pretty sure that you don't talk to Varric to get it going as it doesn't seem to be considered one of his personal friendship-type quests; it just appears on the war table I believe.  Something about Red Templars attempting to set up a base on the storm coast.

Technically you don't even need those red lyrium deposits to fulfill that sidequest for Varric; you need to destroy 12 to complete the quest but there are at least 18 in the world.  However, it IS the only way to access the storm coast dragon as far as I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw him earlier today.  He had two levels on me so I withdrew, for now.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#40]
70 hours and I just finished. Great ending
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a fun run.  My first run through was about the same length; on my second and trying to do everything else, first.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's a fun run.  My first run through was about the same length; on my second and trying to do everything else, first.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on my second as well.  Completionist like the first one, but this time things are moving quite a bit faster since I pretty much know where everything is.  My first was just about 70hrs; I'm guessing my second will be under 50.

I am a little bit curious how the whole "100 hours of gameplay per playthrough" claim that many sites were talking about got started.  I was moving at a pretty lazy pace for my first runthrough and did literally EVERYTHING one could do.  Collected all the shards, did all the astariums, unlocked and claimed all the regions, did all the sidequests including the bullshit ones, closed all the rifts, exhausted conversations with companions, killed all the dragons, etc etc.  I mean, there's literally nothing else left for me to do in the game, and I still only managed to get 70ish hours.  I have no idea how someone could spend another 30+ hours there.  I'm not complaining and am perfectly content with the amount of content in the game, but damn.  How slow do you have to go to spend 100 hours there?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm on my second as well.  Completionist like the first one, but this time things are moving quite a bit faster since I pretty much know where everything is.  My first was just about 70hrs; I'm guessing my second will be under 50.

I am a little bit curious how the whole "100 hours of gameplay per playthrough" claim that many sites were talking about got started.  I was moving at a pretty lazy pace for my first runthrough and did literally EVERYTHING one could do.  Collected all the shards, did all the astariums, unlocked and claimed all the regions, did all the sidequests including the bullshit ones, closed all the rifts, exhausted conversations with companions, killed all the dragons, etc etc.  I mean, there's literally nothing else left for me to do in the game, and I still only managed to get 70ish hours.  I have no idea how someone could spend another 30+ hours there.  I'm not complaining and am perfectly content with the amount of content in the game, but damn.  How slow do you have to go to spend 100 hours there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am at 65 hours and about 2/3 of the way through the game. I still have to work through the Exalted Plains, Emerald Graves, Hissing Wastes, and 1/2 of Emprise du Lion. And I still have some things to do in the other areas as well. I have wasted a lot of time on inventory management, crafting, duping, and chest farming. What difficulty are you playing on ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Normal difficulty.  I just realized that I tend to speed read the subtitles and skip ahead in conversations though,  so that probably has a lot to do with it.  This time I turned the subs off so I can't skip ahead.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Yeah, it's a little more time consuming on hard mode because you are forced to level up more and probably die a little bit more often.

And, if you are skipping subtitles, why play a game that relies heavily on story?  Just my opinion, you are free to enjoy however you choose.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Plays on Nightmare difficulty. 100 hours to get through hinterlands.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:34:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's a little more time consuming on hard mode because you are forced to level up more and probably die a little bit more often.

And, if you are skipping subtitles, why play a game that relies heavily on story?  Just my opinion, you are free to enjoy however you choose.
View Quote

I haven't been skipping them,  just sometimes reading them faster than the VA are speaking them.  I've always been a fast reader and usually for Bioware games I turn subtitles off so I'm forced to sit through them.  I forgot this time.  But,  I'm playing without them this time.

The more I think about it too, I think I spent too much time in the hinterlands and storm coast to start with.  By the time I got into the meat of the campaign where you need to recruit either the mages or the templars, I was already hopelessly over-levelled and didn't take as much time as they may have intended for the rest of the game.  But I actually kinda like the feeling of being super-godlike in this game.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Yeah get out of the hinterlands ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:58:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah get out of the hinterlands ASAP.
View Quote

Nah.  It's all good, and it ends up making the rest of the game a lot more fun.  God simulator engaged!

So far I have been taking longer though.  Turning off the subititles helped, I think.  Reading the subs really fast is a bad habit I picked up from playing way to much Mass Effect and Skyrim, to the point that I pretty much knew exactly what was going to be said and didn't need to listen to them actually say it, so I'd just skip over them.  Dragon Age is still new enough that I don't have quite that much familiarity with the content...yet.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Yeah I stayed in the hinterlands/stormcoast until about level 8/9 and got to about 10 when I picked the mages this time while on hard difficulty. Click To View Spoiler

How is everyone setting up thier mages? I mainly did one element focus for each this time. Left solis as a healer/barrier, vivienne as lightening and the other dude as fire while I focused my main character on ice/barrier. I figured I could just swap mages when I get to certain areas/dragons. I Also spec'd sera as a dual dagger and I'm kinda regretting it. It might work out at later levels but the armor just isn't there IMO to be that close. Could just be the difficulty level though
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top