Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#1]
He's such a pretty little fella. Click the link for the full 2560x1440 pic.
http://i.imgur.com/naFMwOX.jpg

On a more serious note I think the Dragon Age: Inquisition Templar Armor is the coolest looking armor ever in a medieval/fantasy IP although the winged helms looked better in DA:O and DA2:
http://i.imgur.com/aDw6Hdm.jpg

And on an unrelated note:

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give me dw warrior and I might consider it.

I'll think about picking this up once mods have matured for it.

#2 was an abomination

#1 was and still is amazing.

#3 needs to impress me before I touch it and it has yet to do that other than scope.

View Quote

Meh, it's not going to impress you until you play it. The biggest asset to the game is the story, and boy does it have it. You'll love it, I am sure.  But screenshots or brief videos won't show you the value of the game.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He's such a pretty little fella. Click the link for the full 2560x1440 pic.

On a more serious note I think the Dragon Age: Inquisition Templar Armor is the coolest looking armor ever in a medieval/fantasy IP although the winged helms looked better in DA:O and DA2:

http://i.imgur.com/PmGP5rg.jpg

And on an unrelated note:
http://i.imgur.com/1ourDGE.jpg

View Quote

Dammit.  Where was that hairstyle when I was creating my character?  That one doesn't look half bad, but most of them looked like ass - even vanilla skyrim had a better selection..  On my next playthrough that's the one I'm gonna choose.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah one of my few gripes with the game was the seemingly poor job they did with hair, both on top of the head and facial. It's really mind boggling considering the production values of the rest of the game.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah one of my few gripes with the game was the seemingly poor job they did with hair, both on top of the head and facial. It's really mind boggling considering the production values of the rest of the game.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I was looking for some sort of light beard, but the only options that they had looked like my guy had drawn on his face with a sharpie.  I ended up picking a very light stubble that looked...OK.

Also, why don't they have the face code available like Mass Effect used to have?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:58:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got the Templars to disband and join, should I have gone to the mages first?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Spoiler alert. But yeah, you can do one or the other.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I am assuming its required that you have a 'party of people' ?

I prefer solo running games.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

If its like the first one you can leave them in camp
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you play the game only with one guy?

Or you screwed as it might be too hard?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't recommend it. You need someone to heal you, to tank, to DPS. You could play it single person on easy mode, maybe. But part of the fun of having a party is the banter between your party members, and their interactions on the story missions. If you don't like that, this game probably isn't for you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got the Templars to disband and join, should I have gone to the mages first?

Sorry about that.

how do I add spoiler tags? I have more questions lol
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sorry about that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Sorry about that.

Click To View Spoiler

Quote my post to see the code.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I seem to be really weak at level 11. I focused only on bow perks for my elf rogue and even though I'm getting 1100-400 dmg depending on the attack used, it's barely making a dent. Most enemies are 11-13,  I just wandering into areas too soon? I figured with my party at level 11, 2 warriors and a Mage, that I could at least keep up but I'm really having a difficult time in some areas.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I seem to be really weak at level 11. I focused only on bow perks for my elf rogue and even though I'm getting 1100-400 dmg depending on the attack used, it's barely making a dent. Most enemies are 11-13,  I just wandering into areas too soon? I figured with my party at level 11, 2 warriors and a Mage, that I could at least keep up but I'm really having a difficult time in some areas.
View Quote

You have a party that's pretty similar to mine, most of the time, though I am a dual-weild rogue so I usually roll with either mage/warrior x2 or mage/warrior/archer for my party.

You might just be under-equipped.  Are you creating your own armor and weapons?  As long as you are picking up raw materials in your travels, especially the rarer ones like obsidian and paragon's luster, crafting will usually net you significantly better items than what you find in the world for the most part.  I created a pair of daggers with 209 dps when the highest rares and uniques I could find in-world or for sale at my level (9ish, I think?) were in the 120-140ish range, IIRC.  At level 13 I'm just now finding weapons in-world that are reaching close to those stats.  Same with the armor.  You can get often better equipment earlier if you muddle your way through the obtuse crafting system and make it yourself, along with the upgrade pieces.  I almost never have trouble with enemies who are 1-2 levels higher than me.

I have one character - Cassandra - who seems to be dying far too often at level 13.  I'm not sure if I mis-specced her or if she just isn't tanky enough for the role I have her in, but I'm going to have to figure out how to solve that, since she's one of my go-to party members.  I know you can reset your own character traits, but I'm not sure if you can also do that for party members.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I want to say my bow is like 140ish dmg and yes I have been crafting. Usually the nice bows I find have flame rune already and it's about useless on most fade rift demons. What I think I have been doing wrong is auto leveling my party.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I want to say my bow is like 140ish dmg and yes I have been crafting. Usually the nice bows I find have flame rune already and it's about useless on most fade rift demons. What I think I have been doing wrong is auto leveling my party.
View Quote

Yeah,  auto level will kill you.   I think they end up spreading the points across most of the trees instead of concentrating on just a couple.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Good to know, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#21]
You can respec your party members as well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have to buy individual and specific amulets for each party member,  or will buying a single amulet reset everybody?  The first one is cheap,  but buying an amulet for each party member would get super expensive real quick.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I did the story mission that was level 9-11. I did it at level 12 and it kicked my butt over and over again. Playing on Hard.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm playing on hard and this game is a joke if you're a mage/templar knight.  I'm at level 18 now.  Between my/Vivenne's barriers and our barrier perks I rarely ever pop any sort of health potions.  

That being said it is a lot of fun.  I have 160 hours in it so far.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Do you have to buy individual and specific amulets for each party member,  or will buying a single amulet reset everybody?  The first one is cheap,  but buying an amulet for each party member would get super expensive real quick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are cheap once you start making more cash later on.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You have a party that's pretty similar to mine, most of the time, though I am a dual-weild rogue so I usually roll with either mage/warrior x2 or mage/warrior/archer for my party.

You might just be under-equipped.  Are you creating your own armor and weapons?  As long as you are picking up raw materials in your travels, especially the rarer ones like obsidian and paragon's luster, crafting will usually net you significantly better items than what you find in the world for the most part.  I created a pair of daggers with 209 dps when the highest rares and uniques I could find in-world or for sale at my level (9ish, I think?) were in the 120-140ish range, IIRC.  At level 13 I'm just now finding weapons in-world that are reaching close to those stats.  Same with the armor.  You can get often better equipment earlier if you muddle your way through the obtuse crafting system and make it yourself, along with the upgrade pieces.  I almost never have trouble with enemies who are 1-2 levels higher than me.

I have one character - Cassandra - who seems to be dying far too often at level 13.  I'm not sure if I mis-specced her or if she just isn't tanky enough for the role I have her in, but I'm going to have to figure out how to solve that, since she's one of my go-to party members.  I know you can reset your own character traits, but I'm not sure if you can also do that for party members.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blackwall is the best tank in the game.  Once you unlock his personal tree it is a lot harder to kill him.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm playing on hard and this game is a joke if you're a mage/templar knight.  I'm at level 18 now.  Between my/Vivenne's barriers and our barrier perks I rarely ever pop any sort of health potions.  

View Quote

160!?  Holy fuck!  

I've got 40 in and am still only on my first playthrough, only about halfway through, but I have to go to work every once in a while.  

I've heard that playing as a mage with the knight-enchanter specialization is OP as hell.  I think that will be my next character playthrough.  I'll ally with the templars next time though, because fuck the mages.  Whiny bitches.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Blackwall is the best tank in the game.  Once you unlock his personal tree it is a lot harder to kill him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I currently have him specced the same way I have Iron Bull - two handed DPS type character, and I kinda like Iron Bull's banter more so I bring him more often.  Cassandra meanwhile is set up as a sword and board tank to pull aggro away from myself (rogue) and whoever I have as a mage.  Maybe I should respec her to be two-handed DPS and turn blackwall into my tank.  When I was leveling them up I never actually looked at each ones' health point levels; I just assumed that since she has a shield and blackwall has a two-hand weapon when you meet them, that's how they are best used.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 2:43:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well yeah you are playing the overpowered unbalanced class so of course it's easy. :)
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I just finished the game.... it has been a fun leave.  I barely did any quests in the exalted plains/empress du lion/etc., and I didn't touch the hissing wastes.

fine fine
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Come on mane!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I just finished the game.... it has been a fun leave.  I barely did any quests in the exalted plains/empress du lion/etc., and I didn't touch the hissing wastes.

On a side note, I knew I didn't trust Click To View Spoiler  I won't say any more though.
View Quote

That is too much of a spoiler.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

fine fine
View Quote

LOL.  You done fucked up.  

I already had heard that through the grapevine though, so no foul for me.

What did you think of the game overall, and how sequel bait-ish did the ending seem (without getting into spoilers, of course).  Also, can you keep exploring areas you haven't seen post game?

I'm such a completionist with these games that I'm still relatively early in the story, even though I've got 40 hours in already.  I just started the Grey Wardens stuff.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:00:20 AM EDT
[#34]
So word is coming out that it has been solo'd on nightmare.  I don't have DA:I yet but that seems stupid hard.  I'm still thinking about what class I want to play.  I usually am a warrior that runs into everything with swinging swords.  I've never been a mage or archer, I should try them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 2:59:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Yeah speccing into knight enchanter is pretty OP once you get to a certain point. I am playing on hard and its tough.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:04:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So word is coming out that it has been solo'd on nightmare.  I don't have DA:I yet but that seems stupid hard.  I'm still thinking about what class I want to play.  I usually am a warrior that runs into everything with swinging swords.  I've never been a mage or archer, I should try them.
View Quote

Mage with the knight-templar specialization that you can unlock later in the game is supposed to be incredibly OP, so if you actually wanted to solo that would probably be your jam.

I too was planning to play as a warrior, but the first character I started looked ugly and I wasn't impressed with the warrior play so I restarted with a new face.   I also switched to a dual-wield rogue.  So far that's been a lot of fun - you do a lot more damage per second than a warrior.  Plus you get to stealth around the battlefield, which is helpful when trying to close fade rifts without getting gangbanged by enemies - you can't attack while doing so and if you get hit you are interrupted and have to start over.  But as a rogue you can go into stealth, move away and wait for the enemies to start attacking the other party members, then disrupt the rift.  You can't take as much damage as a warrior could, but with a mage in my party to throw up barriers all the time and at least 1 warrior to take aggro it's been pretty easy so far.  I'd recommend that, personally.

My next playthrough is going to be as a mage though, I think.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#37]
I've had the game since the second it unlocked on my PS4, but I've only gotten as far as becoming the Inquisitor, I just keep making alts.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:25:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Does the game have any multiplayer?  It seems like co-op would be fun.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 5:09:09 AM EDT
[#39]
I was pretty happy with the game overall and would give it an 8.5-9 out of 10. It could easily have been a solid 9.5 or 10 if they'd made the combat less clumsy and made a few other tweaks and made some logical additions like how two people from the first game meeting each other show familiarity.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, it does have a multiplayer mode. Talked to a guy who has played the game for 40 hours now and hasn't even tried single player yet.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

lol, they showed DAI on South Park last night, making fun of Twitch TV and people who watch others play.
View Quote
I saw it. It was hilarious. I loathe those morons like Pewdiepie who they burned pretty bad.

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah, it does have a multiplayer mode. Talked to a guy who has played the game for 40 hours now and hasn't even tried single player yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people can't get enough of it.  I don't really like it.  It is the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Some people can't get enough of it.  I don't really like it.  It is the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't that describe most games?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Doing a rather thorough replay since it appears that I missed about half, or better, of the content.  Either the content bug or, just skipped some stuff I should have done...not sure as yet.  Couple of the trophy heads were amusing...especially the Krogan.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm having problems finding all the mosaic pieces.  I've got 8 or 9 of the required 10 pieces for a lot of the murals, but the last pieces continue to elude me.  I suppose I'll have to look it up at some point.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:35:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I'm having problems finding all the mosaic pieces.  I've got 8 or 9 of the required 10 pieces for a lot of the murals, but the last pieces continue to elude me.  I suppose I'll have to look it up at some point.
View Quote
I didn't finish a single one. I was missing 1-2 pieces on a few of them.

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Doing a rather thorough replay since it appears that I missed about half, or better, of the content.  Either the content bug or, just skipped some stuff I should have done...not sure as yet.  Couple of the trophy heads were amusing...especially the Krogan.
View Quote

I didn't like how the personal quest were approval gated.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Click To View Spoiler

Took my second dragon down, the electric one, but I can't even make it to the one in the forest. The giants keep respawning for some reason and each time they do, 4-5 more druffalo decide to mosey on over and then I have to fight them too. WTF
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Took my second dragon down, the electric one, but I can't even make it to the one in the forest. The giants keep respawning for some reason and each time they do, 4-5 more druffalo decide to mosey on over and then I have to fight them too. WTF
View Quote

The forest one is an ice dragon, just a heads up.

(ETA)
Also, there are a couple 'missions' involving her (as pertains to your spoiler); though they did not all unlock for me.  Part of why I'm doing a thorough replay.  I've already doubled the amount of play/sidemissions/cutscenes and I'm just getting to the point of starting 'act II' per say.  Finished hinterlands (except for the dragon), and got all the companions/agents I could without closing the rift.  Did a thorough convo tree exploration of those characters and, advisors, gained to that point (minus the heart-throb stuff); did what initial work I could for the companion missions...THEN...did the closing the rift part.  Am now cleaning up some of the side missions and unlocking all side areas; will save the empress later on after clearing a half dozen zones first and, doing all the advisor missions I can.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top