Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 10/8/2014 8:58:56 PM EDT
This is the official thread for ARFCOM Warriors clan in Supercell's popular mobile game, Clash of Clans for iOS and Android.
Welcome newest member:

War Schedule
We typically get in two wars per week, typically starting around 8:45pm EST..With the next war starting 24 hours after war ends. We will occasionally alter this
schedule or skip a war in the event of a holiday, or
other unforeseen factor.
Participation
Two attacks, per clan member per war, are mandatory. If you know in advance you will miss a war, please make every effort to opt out ahead of the war start. Don't abuse the opt out system, only opt out when your heroes are down or you wont be around for war.
War Castle Donations
Due to the new Poison Spell troop donations now mostly consist of Lava Hounds, Dragons and Balloons. If you don't set your request to specify what you want, you will receive the default.
War Base
All war bases must be well formed. Any poorly designed base will
receive a warning and a suggestion on how to fix it. Leaving the base
broken over time is grounds for dismissal. If you need help with your
war base, please ask.
Common mistakes to avoid include, but are not limited to: TH on the
outside, x-bows set to "ground only," guarding resource storages, and
non-centralized air defenses.
Attack Strategies
Attack like you mean it! Don't use army compositions not designed for
total destruction (we're not farming here) and definitely leave your
goblins at home! We're looking for strong known popular army compositions such as, GOWIPE, GOWIWI, GOWIHO, DRAGALOON, ETC.
As with your war base, please ask questions when it comes to war attack
strategy. We have a number of very knowledgeable members (in leadership
and not) who would be more than happy to help you plan your attack.
[Oct 2015 Addition: Due to the new overall damage percentages determining the outcome of a tie, we want to make sure that noone is saving heroes and ending battles after they get the 2nd star. You must let the attack run until it ends on its own. Do not end early to save heroes.]
Townhall Sniping/Looting
We use our war attacks for stars only. We don't loot. Period.
Current Roster as of 10/17/15:

Joe                    - TH10*
Boris                 - TH10*

ryk                    - TH10*
bob - TH10
doh!                   - TH10*

Milewsky
- TH10

Taintless One     - TH10
SNYDER - TH10

Tkolbus              - TH9*
paul                   - TH9
shawnson           - TH9
scott - TH9
Blitz_Kaiser - TH9*
dickeater - TH9

Jeremy - TH9
gonna3bangyou - TH9

Shafft - TH9
Nate - TH9
TFunk - TH8

RM - TH8

quenny - TH8
wonky - TH7
scott - TH7

and a variety of honeypots.
* DENOTES COBRO STATUS

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
In!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone interesting in joining that meets this requirement send a request.  We are interested in serious members only who will be active and competitive. With all that being said, we still have fun and make it interesting. BTW, no hard feelings to the other ARFCOM Clans, just looking to be more serious about war.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh, in?

3c
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Checking in for the gang bang.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]

• We are definitely seeing quite a few members move on from mass dragons
    to Gowipe. Galadon (famous clash youtuber) put together 5 great chapter
    videos breaking down every aspect of the attack. I strongly suggest you
    watch all 5 videos and get a good understanding of the attack. This
    strategy will 2* any base all the way up to TH10 if you have the correct
    troops and use them properly. All 5 videos are linked, but I still
    provided links to each.

Chapter 1 - Army Arrangement

Chapter 2 - Base Reviews

Chapter 3 - Opening Moves

Chapter 4 - The Clan Castle

Chapter 5 - Targeting the Town Hall

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:39:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Doh!
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#8]
TK checking in here now just hit up the reddit deal and watched the GOWIPE vids to use in war tonight. Hopefully they work out to my liking.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#9]
TAINT IN!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:05:26 AM EDT
[#10]
So with our current war, based on 10 attacks so far, each clan castle is filled with nothing but archers. So using a single lightning spell is definitely a good route to go with
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Is there going to be a plan for our second attacks or can we just free for all?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#12]
For second attack, we are looking for stars. Since we attacked straight across, I would recommend moving down and trying to take base for 3 stars if possible, or else 2. Essentially just go for guaranteed stars...

Joe
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey why did I get kicked and banned from arfcom1? Username: hatefulbanshee
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
wasn't from our clan, maybe try one of the other clan threads.

The Arfcom Clan

Arfcom Clan

Arfcom Mutiny

they all have threads floating around here in war gaming.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Won our first war tonight! Congrats and goodjob everyone! Full participation!

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Good job on our first win! We war again tonight. I'm going to be practicing with GoWiPe and Hogs today. See if I can use both next war.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#18]
It was good seeing 100% participation with all competitive attacks. We started strong and they threw in the towel early. Glad everyone is on the same page with what's going on and what's expected. If anybody is looking for a competetive clan to join and they meet our requirements, request to join. We're looking for other competetive clashers!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Just a reminder guys, our first attack needs to be done on our straight across opponent. When we use our second attack, it should be on a base that has already been attacked. The reasoning is to ensure that everyone has an equal chance to attack and prepare to attack. The second attack should also be done on a lower opponent so that we can guarantee stars and improve our chances of winning.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Just a reminder guys, our first attack needs to be done on our straight across opponent. When we use our second attack, it should be on a base that has already been attacked. The reasoning is to ensure that everyone has an equal chance to attack and prepare to attack. The second attack should also be done on a lower opponent so that we can guarantee stars and improve our chances of winning.

Joe
View Quote
I like the straight across attacking because it forces you to be better in the long run

taint

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:13:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I would like to add that if you are confused about if a base is okay to attack or not, look at the stars above the base, if it has any black stars you're good to attack it, but if it doesnt have anything above it, just hit a different base and let the guy who is scouting that base hit it, makes it easier for all of us.

and congrats on the win tonight, and using all 30 attacks again
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#22]
We are currently at 15/50 members. If anyone is looking for a clan focusing on war, request to join. We are looking for players that will use proven war attacks, meaning no barch hits. Also, you must be a th8 or higher without rushing your base. The reason we're looking for people to meet these standards are so that we can ensure people have both the troop strenght and base strength to be dominant in war.  When you request to join, mention arfcom or FBHO so we know you're from here.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#23]
War is looking good so far. We've used less attacks and only 7 stars behind. Keep up the good work boys.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We are currently at 15/50 members. If anyone is looking for a clan focusing on war, request to join. We are looking for players that will use proven war attacks, meaning no barch hits. Also, you must be a th8 or higher without rushing your base. The reason we're looking for people to meet these standards are so that we can ensure people have both the troop strenght and base strength to be dominant in war.  When you request to join, mention arfcom or FBHO so we know you're from here.

Joe
View Quote

Bump for this.

Also, great job on the W last night guys.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:48:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Maintenance break is going on now. The game will be down for about 1 hour. When it returns, we will have the new Halloween stuff. Also, if anyone is available when the game comes back up, I suggest raiding. I he have never found as much loot as I did immediately after an update. With this update, it will push the end of war back about 1.5 hours, meaning we should end around 10:45 est.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey guys, we had talked about this in the chat a few days ago, but I wanted to post it on here. The question was raised about when we can attack another persons base that hadn't been attacked. It was decided that at 8 hours before war ends, all bases are free game and can get hit by anyone. The reasoning is so that all bases get attacked and by then the original person who should attack has had the opportunity. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I dropped the ball on that. My bad guys.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I agree. Sometimes it seems like we are forcing our top guys to waste an attack straight across when they could wait and play clean up a little lower.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I have no problems waiting for the lower level guys to get thier hits in and then playing clean up crew.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:34:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Ok, after warring with you guys over the last few weeks I have a few suggestions that we really need to talk about.
1) Proposed clan rule. NO ONE is allowed to join the clan during a war, doesn't matter if they are Arfcom, family, friends, whatever. This will eliminate any issues with other clans scouting our shit or anything that can disrupt our war. It can wait until after war ends. I sort of agree with this one, I missed what happened in clan chat as most of it had scrolled by before I could get back to an internet connection, but if someone could fill me in with details I would appreciate it.I have been informed of what happened. It best not happen again. But if an arfcom member tries to join and has posted in our thread and can be vetted then they will be added. Because otherwise they will just join one of the other arfcom clans
2) If you cannot participate in a war you have two choices and you must make it known what you will do via clan mail. Already have this rule, just not clan mail  specific (post in forum or reddit along with chat)

A) Leave the clan before prep day starts, rejoin right after the war starts, when the lineup is set in stone. Yep already do this.

B) Drop trophy count to the bottom spot allowing another member to take the lowest position. Have been running 15 guys so it wouldnt work,  but now with new guys this will work again.

You need to vacate your position to someone who will take part. Period. This allows flexibility with members who take a war off.

This rule should be in effect as long as we have spare guys who would otherwise not make the war due to trophy count.
3) Everyone is a coleader after a two week probation period. This will allow all members to communicate through clan mail, this is crucial in clan communications, important shit is lost in chat and we can't all watch chat 24hrs a day. It also allows every member to deny requests to join. This is what the forum and private subreddit page is for. Not going to coleader everyone, gets too messy, already having some issues with clan mail getting posted with rule changes not approved. www.reddit.com/r/arfcomwarriors If anyone has yet to join. The reddit is usually quiet, but its checked daily.

4) Targets to hit during war... This will go over like a fart in church but it works and was proven over in Mutiny who was still undefeated when I left. Simply put, your first attack is the tartet that you are 100% sure you can 3 star, usually it's one down but a lot of guys can go one up, sometimes two up, sometimes two down. What this does is free up a lot of resources and puts a shit ton of options on the table for second attacks. Right now we are going straight across for two stars maybe 75% of the time, our top guys for only 1 star most times, imagine if you dropped down one position and got 3 stars 95% of the time? What's that get you for a second attack? Usually a 2 star straight across or a clean up for someone who only got 2 stars for that 3rd star. It was rare that anyone in the top 10 walked out of a war with less than 4 stars, currently our top 10 walk away with 3 or less, frequently 1-2 stars. Let each member choose the highest target they think they can 3 star and let them wreck shit, then let the top 5 guys play clean up with their second attacks getting even more stars. The bottom guys don't get a bunch of action but they try for straight across with their first attacks and go for loot with their second unless an opportunity presents itself. This cleans up the bottom and the middle targets 100%, we are poor at leaving stars in the 5-10 range that should be easily cleaned up for wins.
We did the same attack strat in ARFCOM Clan, it worked for the most part, but it also failed hard alot also, because people were attacking way too low and leaving alot of bases up top untouched. At our level with TH8 and higher bases, guaranteed 3 star bases would have everyone in the top 9 or 10 at least, dropping down to take bases 10-15 from the lower level guys, just doesn't work that well. With attacking straight across we are guaranteeing our lower level guys have a pretty easy attack of at least 2-3 stars, and they have been getting cleaned up every war. Our top level guys need to attack the higher level bases and try to at least guarantee 2 stars (IE TH9 bases) It becomes almost impossible to 3 star a non rushed th9-th10 base. Sometimes you can get lucky if your troops do everything perfect and or you have some higher level heroes like the other clan we just faced had (level 20!) But I agree that TH10's and higher TH9's shouldnt be dropping down to clear the low bases, we need those attacks incase someone fumbles in the upper ranged bases. I wouldnt even think about going for loot either because our wars have been too close to even consider it. With both sides using all of our attacks.
5)Attacks are first come, first serve. No calling a target, no shotgun, no dibs... Have your shit ready at the starting gun and get the target you want, you snooze you lose. What this creates is a bunch of hungry clan members lining up at the gate at the begining of war, we would have 50% of our attacks spent in the first 30min of war... Guess what that was for the enemy clan? The equivilant of shock and awe. They would quickly be overrun and down on stars forcing them to play catchup over the duration of the war. It worked every. single. fucking. time. Yes we did the same strat in our old clan, the shock and awe, its 50/50 tho on success, we would sometimes end up with guys too high up attacking too far down and it gets messy. Plus when people rush to attack a base that looks easy to them, they rush and mistakes happen (no CC troops, heroes sleeping, no spells) then someone else who was scouting that same base with lets say a dragon attack now has all the dragons cooked up and has to attack a base that is possibly anti dragon, and they end up failing. Happens alot.
Try it for a war or two, see how well it works, if it fails we go back to what we were doing, can't hurt right? We've only lost 1 war after winning 3 in a row, changing stuff up this soon after a loss is jumping the gun.
Discuss.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:20:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Well said
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Just a heads up for those who missed my announcement in chat.....i will be out of the country getting married for the next week or so. I will drop out before war tonight. Kick some ass while im gone!

Boris
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What's his name?  

Does Canada do same sex marriages?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a heads up for those who missed my announcement in chat.....i will be out of the country getting married for the next week or so. I will drop out before war tonight. Kick some ass while im gone!

Boris

What's his name?  

Does Canada do same sex marriages?

*sigh*....busted
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Boris
View Quote
well shit, i remember you saying you were going to jamaica but you never said you were getting hitched! congrats dude

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#37]
awesome win tonight guys! smashing a clan that had 60 wins!

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#38]
So like the in game mail message says, our current war schedule has us starting war thursday night, finishing on friday night (halloween) already got quite a few saying they won't be around friday night. So its leaning towards postpone
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:36:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Postpone is fine. Paul and I will be trophy dumping Friday night as we will be hunting all of next week.

Hope the new guys are ready to FO.

Wish us luck, I need some elk jerky.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:44:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So like the in game mail message says, our current war schedule has us starting war thursday night, finishing on friday night (halloween) already got quite a few saying they won't be around friday night. So its leaning towards postpone
View Quote

I say we war. If we kick off war search tonight, war will start on Thursday and end Friday, that should give everyone plenty of time to attack Thursday night and then before doing anything Friday night. I will go with whatever though

Joe
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I say we war. If we kick off war search tonight, war will start on Thursday and end Friday, that should give everyone plenty of time to attack Thursday night and then before doing anything Friday night. I will go with whatever though

Joe
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joe

I'm good with whatever. But just know, I stated in the chat I won't be around at all Friday night. I only play on my iPad at the house. So I'll be leaving one attack on the table. I also won't be around Saturday or Sunday because the wife and I will be out of town. I'm going to drop out Friday morning before work encase you guys go to war on Friday night to battle Saturday and Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm fine either way
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm good with whatever. But just know, I stated in the chat I won't be around at all Friday night. I only play on my iPad at the house. So I'll be leaving one attack on the table. I also won't be around Saturday or Sunday because the wife and I will be out of town. I'm going to drop out Friday morning before work encase you guys go to war on Friday night to battle Saturday and Sunday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joe

I say based on everyone leaving and having things going on, we just postpone our war until Monday.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#45]
War tonight!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:04:24 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#47]
epic win tonight guys, tough clan after the long halloween break we took.

3chainz with the epic last minute clutch for the win!

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:41:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Reminders fellas, when adding new members... Step 1. Make sure they are using the password. If they are using some other random arfcom meme slogan like 87! or beans or no beans or something, trust but verify, counsel with others before deciding. But do not add them yet, continue to step 2.

Step 2. Click their name and VISIT base. Is it a TH7 or lower? If so then its an auto reject. We are only currently adding TH8 as a minimum base. (And those bases must also not be rushed.)

A rushed base is when someone is like a TH9 and has level 4-5 Air defenses or level 5 Wizard Towers. Basically if someone is a TH9 they should have everything a maxed out TH8 has.  

Yes there can be some leniency on this issue but we can talk about that as a group, and if or when the member is added they will be told where they need to focus their priorities for upgrades.

Another thing that is needed is level 5 archers and level 5 wizards, with the new profile layout showing troop levels, this is now easy to check. These 2 troops are needed at level 5's because these are the 2 default troop donations for raiding and war on unspecified requests.

Theres some other stuff also that we had decided on but if we stick with these solid core requirements we'll be fine.

We just need to prevent any of the random member adds during war, people can be sneaky and try to get in and scout our war base traps and such. Its could have happened again recently with a random add.

questions comments random shit, feel free to chime in i feel like i'm talking to myself in here
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Pap smeared.
3C
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top