Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 4:14:20 PM EDT
Ok I'm a newb and getting out of the Tier II tanks and need advice on the path to follow.

I have a British Vickers II Med, US M2 Light, German Leichttraktor and the USSR MS1 I have pretty much modded them up as far as I can I just want to know the best path to take.

Screen Name: _Machete Warrior_      AR15 Clan  if you want to look me up. I am not a premium member but may for the weekend/month.

Thanks in advance. :)
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:14:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Follow whichever path looks interesting to you. Every tank has it's pros and cons. If you have skill, you can do well in any tank.

If you play long enough you will go down many paths and have a collection of X's.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
XBOX 360 or PC version?

I tend to recommend new players to go the German line, they tend to have decent all around tanks that have great guns and armor
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Look up Robocraft, its free to play like WoT.

Kind of similar except you build your own tank.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm playing on PC.

I began to level up my USSR and US tanks. Right now I am running an US M5 Stuart and a USSR T26. I ran out of silver to build them out so I am steady playing match after match building XP and $$

The m5 is getting hammered by the heavies and I feel like a coward running from them. I rationalize I am in scout mode and when I do shoot it just bounces off them. I am running the upgraded turret and the 75mm how. I just upgraded the suspension and engine right before I quit, making it much more agile. So I try to run as close to the enemy flag spot the heavies and run. I will play the sacrifical lamb for the heavies, taking a hit to light the enemy on the radar and hope the arty aims true.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
British speed and gun US more middle of the road on everything russian armor and gun
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]
For the M5, run the howitzer while you can with HE.
Unless shooting lightly armored stuff, only shoot sides and rears.
Keep moving.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#7]
That is what I have learned to do. Snooping and shooting, then running away. I found that finding the Enemy and moving to let the heavies do the fighting and waiting for side shots. I am trying to learn how to flank and shoot while on the run, I've seen some guys do this well in game. I am sure my PC is limiting my ability though as it is old and crappy. It is a skill to learn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top