Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The alive system has a garbage collection module that does this exact thing.

I may just have too many this going on at once.... looking into it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their should be some code to add to missions or addon to clear missions of bodies and blown up stuff like vehicles after a few minutes as it progresses , this will help FPS lots.

The alive system has a garbage collection module that does this exact thing.

I may just have too many this going on at once.... looking into it

And arma isn't helping....

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Mission is pretty much "Alpha" now.  Just needs a proper testing.   I'm super close to getting a dedicated to work on my other box.  Using the Arma3Sync I can get the server to launch and I can connect to it, but then the console shows that it spamming "Mission XXXXXXXXXX read from bank." and it never seems to get past that.  I made a basic mission file with just a single player spawn on stratis and it worked and loaded in just fine, so the problem must be in the mission file somewhere.  Thoughts?   I'll email the latest file to you grim so you can try it out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Figured out my problem above, it was a mod in a weird place on my main box that wasn't on my server box.   Loaded and plays smooth.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Do we have an overall mod list? I picked up Arma 3 today.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Figured out my problem above, it was a mod in a weird place on my main box that wasn't on my server box.   Loaded and plays smooth.
View Quote

With this much going on you may want to look up about the Headless Client option (HC) and run that. Without going into detail, its essentially a client machine that runs a specific role that handles AI, while the server does everything else. Its a bit involved, but I have heard good things from the Shactac community and other links online.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I've started the server and will leave it running tonight.

to join, get Hamachi and connect to server atv89  OR atv90

Password is what any true ARFCOMMER would know

Right click on the hamachi name "Da_Server" and click copy IPv4

open up Arma and choose multiplayer then remote.   paste into IP  port is 2302

Join and blow shit up
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not finding it.... how did you connect to my server? Same way?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

which are you not finding? the hamachi server or the game server?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I copy the IPV4 and nothing comes up in arma 3
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Grim you could also try to see if it is posting to steam.

the server name is Pork Eating Crusaders
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing comes up, and I cannot join you on steam because it says you are "away"  The hammachi shows your port as 2620 which I tried to no avail.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:45:58 AM EDT
[#12]
ATV, has anyone else connected to the server? I'm wondering if its me or the server.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#13]
We got the server connection issues fixed.  Darn windows firewall
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#14]
arf doesnt like webm's I see
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#15]
have a look at this Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11655   , makes it so easy to set up a dedicated server seperate PC that will show up on steam and easy to set up admin. I had everything up and running in 15 minutes with mods/missions I'm running a core2 duo e8500 dual core 3.1 ghz /4 gig ram/128 ssd / nvidia 620 2 gig for the server box and it runs great id say for 8 players , I tested with CTI and it has about 300 AI + vehicles  and didn't really hiccup much /ram stayed about 2 gigs in use and cpu at 90%.  I can leave CTI running in persistent mode and just hop in the fight.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#16]
FYI, there has been a recent update to All In Arma Standalone
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Grim I added in the A10 from the AiA SA  and it doesn't have any sound for me??  Neither the gun or the engine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Ohh this should be fun! Hopefully I can join in tonight
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been trying to connect, but I keep getting a blank ARMA 3 screen. Not seeing the server in the server browser. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Grim I added in the A10 from the AiA SA  and it doesn't have any sound for me??  Neither the gun or the engine.
View Quote

Arma 3 Sync

(That fixed all my sound issues)
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ohh this should be fun! Hopefully I can join in tonight
View Quote

I have to work but Grim will be around, hit him up, he can host and has the mission
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Arma 3 Sync

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arma 3 Sync

Odd that does appear to fix the sound issue.   But no action bar option to raise the landing gear??
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Odd that does appear to fix the sound issue.   But no action bar option to raise the landing gear??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arma 3 Sync

Did you hit "G"

Arma 3 has G as the standard key to raise/lower gear. If you damage your gear, you cant do it though
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Also ATV, I've got a much older version of the mission. I'm going out drinking in 15 minutes or I would put my server up with the new mission for everyone to play
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll be on the SOFD-D Recruiting Server....been enjoying it this afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Well boys indigo complete... grinding complete... sitting in graf as student lounge... in progress.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Bus is going to be 15 minutes
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:15:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I have just learned that someone has improved upon, and ported over to many maps (including fallujah)...Escape!  Can I get a hell yeah?  Even includes support for CAF aggerssors and HLC weapons.  Will check this out proper in about 6 hours...
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Dat's ALOT of escape maps     Who's down?

Found HERE
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#30]
The dedicated server is up and I will leave is running if anyone would like to try it out.  Same info as noted earlier
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like Arma decided to update to 1.30 over the past couple days.   This may have prevented people from joining the server as it was at 1.28.  Updated it and also added the mission update that uses the A10s from the AiA standalone pack.  Server is back up and confirmed working.

Test out your bloody A10s Grim
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Several mods have had recent updates:

East vs West

RDS tank pack

ALIVE

Combat Space Enhancement
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Does Arma3Sync automatically update your mods like Play With Six does?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Accurracy, 1-2 nights ago when I hopped on the server (with the "new" A10's) I was getting 50-70fps for 15 or so minutes until I finally took the fight into the city, but I didn't go below 25fps. So whatever else you did is really working
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Accurracy, 1-2 nights ago when I hopped on the server (with the "new" A10's) I was getting 50-70fps for 15 or so minutes until I finally took the fight into the city, but I didn't go below 25fps. So whatever else you did is really working
View Quote

I rewatched the ALIVE tutorials and it turns out  they default the number of profiles to spawn at once to 30, and say any higher can affect performance.

Guess I shouldn't have set it at 120

Server down ATM due to needing to update those mods but I'll get it back up later tonight.

You reallllly need to try some of those escape missions.    Getting strafed by a Wipeout is intense!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#36]
For anyone looking to upgrade their FOV

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182676-GPNVG-18-Panoramic-Night-Vision-Goggles

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok, I think I have the map pack downloading, but I'm foggy on what all I need.  

Anything else?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ok, I think I have the map pack downloading, but I'm foggy on what all I need.  

Anything else?
View Quote

Page one, check my list.

Grab all of it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Got the respawns working Grim, even on the A10s.

Also the update to ALIVE allows you to assign tasks on the fly.  Should provide a lot of variety.

Server is up for those that wish to hit it up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Server up? All I see it as "creating" all day.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

It hasn't started the mission since noone is in it. Join and it will start
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kicks me out as soon as it connects. :-/ Got all mods as specified using PlayWithSIX/

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Something is missing or not loading correctly. Arma 3's new system sucks ass. I had to use a recording program like fraps and video me getting kicked out, and go frame by frame to see the message telling me what I was missing.

I use Arma 3 Sync to launch. Apparently the order in which the mods are loaded is finnicky.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Something is missing or not loading correctly. Arma 3's new system sucks ass. I had to use a recording program like fraps and video me getting kicked out, and go frame by frame to see the message telling me what I was missing.

I use Arma 3 Sync to launch. Apparently the order in which the mods are loaded is finnicky.
View Quote

You mind posting your command line shortcut config?

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There isn't one. Download Arma 3 sync. Its a 5mb program. You tell it where your install is, it auto detects the addons, and you select which addons to use, and it automatically does everything else.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:30:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the actual mod list that I use to launch the server, minus  the optional JSRS.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:38:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#48]
SITREP:  due to ISIS's confirmed emplacement of numerous IEDs in the city, MRAPS have been added to aid survivability while on the ground..

found HERE

Also added the Virtual Arsenal

Edit: I can confirm 4-5 Technicals can eventually kersplode an MRAP  
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#49]

What is the server info?

And do I need to redownload all the mods that have been updated?

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
       What is the server info?

And do I need to redownload all the mods that have been updated?  

View Quote

Use Hamachi to join either atv89 or atv90  pwd is the standard ARFCOM number
Right click on "Da_Server" and select copy IPv4
Go to the ingame multiplayer option and choose remote
Paste the IP address,  Port is 2302
You should be joining Pork Eating Crusaders.  Same pwd.

Yes, update the updated mods, the game will kick you otherwise.  Several new content additions.

Also, some mods are not setup right by default through armaholic, at least.  I've noticed the DAR_XXXX guy does not include the right structure in his zip files.   Make sure that the .pbo and .bisign are within a "addons" folder inside the mod folder, otherwise the game will not see the mod.  

If you can't connect to the server, then you are missing a mod.  SmokinFlakes, have you been able to join?   Anyone can IM me if they are having issues.   I typically leave the server up and running on my secondary PC.

The next mission I am working on is an escape type where you have to get through the city on foot, scavenging weapons along the way.

After that will come a jungle mission using a nicely made new map.  I will setup these missions in the future to rotate.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top