Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
ok we are trying to figure out why my brother forney can't get in...
here is a screen cap of all the mods he has on and this screen that is loaded.

ETA think we are good...he had his IS-mod name changed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:31:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep it wasn't seeing the ISIS mod correctly.  Needs to be @is-mod so PWS can see and load it correctly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:10:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Made some optimizations to the Fallujah map.  Loaded on the dedi.

Took a quad and hauled ass through town (blasting by OPFOR @ 70kps) and was getting 25-30 fps  

Should be playable after all.

Still working on the hostage mission.  Stupid hostages.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
We are investigating renting a server,  no more Hamachi needed!  
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Very cool regarding renting a server.  Would anyone else like to try a vinilla map to see if the game runs better?  CPU concerns, not GPU concerns.  My frames are good until I get into a firefight and then things just grind to a halt.  Talking with others and internet research tells me it is because some of the maps just have so much stuff.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very cool regarding renting a server.  Would anyone else like to try a vinilla map to see if the game runs better?  CPU concerns, not GPU concerns.  My frames are good until I get into a firefight and then things just grind to a halt.  Talking with others and internet research tells me it is because some of the maps just have so much stuff.  Just a thought.
View Quote

Sure, I can make a mission using a vanilla map.   Big or small one?

It could also be an AI thing, I need to look into getting the headless client thing working....

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Server updated to A3 1.4
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Fixed the initial paradrop on the Repo man mission.  No more stuck in da choppa!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It could also be an AI thing, I need to look into getting the headless client thing working....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would think stratis or altis would be fine. would be interesting to see of the smaller of the two maps ran better.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#10]
New mine / explosives system.  Script only, no mod required.   Will add these into new missions starting will Fallujah (still working on getting the end of Fallujah to play nice on the dedi).

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
New mine / explosives system.  Script only, no mod required.   Will add these into new missions starting will Fallujah (still working on getting the end of Fallujah to play nice on the dedi).

http://youtu.be/arIo40p6AQk
View Quote

Now all we need is a way to set mine fields from aircraft.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Haven't seen anyone in the ARMA server for days.  People still playing? Just busy?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Everyone's been busy im on every day we get a group I'll join.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be on late tonight sometime.  Falllujah mission up...still working on getting the end of the mission chain debugged.  Hostage rescue sorta works
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:42:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Fallujah mission verified to work on the dedi start to finish.

Hostage rescue is a little flaky, but works.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

we thought we saved the hostages last night.  Something was running back into the building and I chucked a grenade thinking it was a suicide bomber.  I guess the hostage decided he wanted to come back.  
Hoping there are some people on tonight otherwise might need the mission to be easier done with smaller squads.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

we thought we saved the hostages last night.  Something was running back into the building and I chucked a grenade thinking it was a suicide bomber.  I guess the hostage decided he wanted to come back.  
Hoping there are some people on tonight otherwise might need the mission to be easier done with smaller squads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know why but they act wonky on the dedi for some reason.  Per request I'm going to make the next mission on Stratis.  It will be a smaller mission as dictated by the size of the map.

I try to give peeps plenty to do  

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok someone named FRITIZ has been trying to join.  Who are you sir and how may I help you get in?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#19]
It says i dont have the USAF mods but the Six program isnt detecting anything missing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It says i dont have the USAF mods but the Six program isnt detecting anything missing.
View Quote

Is the repo sync'd for you?  The total is 76 mods.

Try hitting the sync key in PWS, toward the right on the repo

Alternatively, grab USAF HERE and toss it wherever your mods are located.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#21]
It showed 74 mods for me, might have something to do with SIX not being able to log on.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck, i've got a badass rig, and this game, and have never played it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It showed 74 mods for me, might have something to do with SIX not being able to log on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If it still hasn't updated, try clicking on the upper left of PWS and choose HOME.  That tends to make it login.

Quoted:
Fuck, i've got a badass rig, and this game, and have never played it.

Then you know what to do.  

Stratis mission is nearly complete.  Next mission I think will take us back to Ukraine for some winter fighting using the Helvantis terrain.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Works now, but on the server every time I spawn I fall through the earth and drown.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Works now, but on the server every time I spawn I fall through the earth and drown.
View Quote

I've seen that issue with someone else a while back, they didn't have the terrain d'loaded.  Make sure you didn't skip anything in PWS.

As a backup, try grabbing the fallujah map HERE and toss it in your mods directory if you don't have it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Anybody? I haven't been on in a while, but when I am it's a solo deal.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Anybody? I haven't been on in a while, but when I am it's a solo deal.
View Quote

Anybody what?

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Anybody what?

View Quote

Sorry. I meant is anybody playing regularly?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 2:13:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody what?

Getting peeps organzied seems like it takes an act of Congress sometimes.  and I've been distracted by my ISIS mod (now released) and Terraria (thanks alot Doug!)  Both shall be lessed though, back to killing commies and ISIS tards.

BTW a new map, Kunduz asscrackistan has been released, it will make an awesome infantry map:

What time to you normally play?  Let's try to get a regular time going.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#30]
If you're not using Track IR, your gay
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#31]
ATV, I couldn't connect this morning. Pw6 updated when I logged on but I am not sure what the problem was, just got stuck at receiving.  MAKE IT WORK YOU GLORIOUS BASTARD!
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
ATV, I couldn't connect this morning. Pw6 updated when I logged on but I am not sure what the problem was, just got stuck at receiving.  MAKE IT WORK YOU GLORIOUS BASTARD!
View Quote

Arma 3 Marksman has been released.  I hadn't updated the server yet  

Also PWS is being a real bastard lately.  Everytime I try to sync the repo it crashes PWS  

Give it a shot.  

The new ALIVE update includes Assymetric warfare  
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Working on getting this mod right now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry, I got busy with work.  Currently, it looks like the best time for me is Thursday/Friday/Saturday late nights on the East Coast.

IM me if you want to coordinate more, but I'll keep trying.  I'll probably play around with the new content in the base game and see what's up, too.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sorry, I got busy with work.  Currently, it looks like the best time for me is Thursday/Friday/Saturday late nights on the East Coast.

IM me if you want to coordinate more, but I'll keep trying.  I'll probably play around with the new content in the base game and see what's up, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diddo on work and days listed for me.

They integrated a weapon resting which is nice.   Working on building a FOB in the Kunduz map.  I might try to make a randomized mission as they are tweaking that map too much for ALIVE guys to index it yet.  I also really want to see what the asymmetric addon to the ALIVE system does.  I should try one with the Fallujah map.

Next day open for me will be wed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Is there anyway to setup and use a mortar selecting the kit bags from the gun selection?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#37]
I was going to re-download all the mods....but there's just a fuck ton of them. Also, my PWS sync folder is being fucky
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is there anyway to setup and use a mortar selecting the kit bags from the gun selection?
View Quote

It's two backpacks, a tube and a base.   Toss one on the ground and with the other on your back you get the scroll wheel to set it up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I was going to re-download all the mods....but there's just a fuck ton of them. Also, my PWS sync folder is being fucky
View Quote

PWS is being real dumb for some reason.  I can't even update the repo right now.  They broke something good  

Your not afraid of 26GB worth of mods are you  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:04:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Finally... FINALLY... PWS is back to working again.   So update your repo's peeps.

Kunduz mission is in progress
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Server is down?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Server is down?
View Quote

Crap it is indeed.  Had to kill the power to the house to wire up an outside light.  At work, will bring it up in the morning.

EDIT:  Should be alive once again.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Crap it is indeed.  Had to kill the power to the house to wire up an outside light.  At work, will bring it up in the morning.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Server is down?

Its still down, on Hamanchi its showing you offline.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:52:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Server is down?

Whoops... problem was Hamachi.  Networks were all offline  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#45]
well tried getting on tonight as my brother was back home.  I could update with PWS and I could see the mission but I couldn't get it to open.  He couldn't get the mission to show at all.  We were hoping to play a bunch tomorrow so hopefully it gets figured out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
well tried getting on tonight as my brother was back home.  I could update with PWS and I could see the mission but I couldn't get it to open.  He couldn't get the mission to show at all.  We were hoping to play a bunch tomorrow so hopefully it gets figured out.
View Quote

Some mod update broke my missions.  At first I thought it was the Hueys because they renamed a bunch of the choppers, but that wasn't it.  The server was hanging upon creation.  Now that I think about it, probably has something to do with the USAF mod.   In the mean time, I threw up the Ukraine mission.  Verified that one works.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Just picked up Arma 3.  Is steam the only way to get this game?  Is that going to cause an issue with mods?  I know some games can't have mods installed if you bought them through steam.

Other than that what do I need to know?  Never really played any of the other Arma games.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd wager that 90% of the people in this thread purchased ARMA 3 from Steam.

You will still be able to run the mods with the steam version.  In fact, I believe with PWS you can even have the mods on a separate drive even, from the game directory.

ETA: The in-game tutorials and missions are fairly decent in getting you used to the controls and gameplay, although flying a heli in a virtual gray room was rather disorienting.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just picked up Arma 3.  Is steam the only way to get this game?  Is that going to cause an issue with mods?  I know some games can't have mods installed if you bought them through steam.

Other than that what do I need to know?  Never really played any of the other Arma games.
View Quote

Steam is the main way to purchase this game.  It is handy as the game gets updated often and steam keeps it up to date for you.   The entire Arma series is very mod friendly.  It's probably the reason that it is as popular as it is.

Where to start?  What is your preferred type of gameplay?  Solo?  PVP?  CO-OP?  A3 is a good game and at it's core is a sandbox.  The sky's the limit.

A good way to get familar with the game is to run through the tutorials and do some campaign SP missions.  Once there you can enter the online multiverse and spend hundreds of hours on this game.

Check my OP for instructions if you want to jump on my server.  I try to keep it easy with PWS, it's a one-click method to handle mods.

Enjoy!

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I really want to get into coop once I get more familiar with the controls/game style.  I did play Arma 2 a bit online but mostly just in free-roam/sandbox DayZ mod.  It was fun but I'd like to get more into scenario based coop gameplay.

I see a lot of videos of guys doing different raids/missions but I have no clue where to download them(or, are those simply just locations in the free roam mode that they decide to organize raids on but aren't actual programmed 'missions?')
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top