Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks ATV!  Got the IP.

Errrgh.

Ok, so I'm getting "Bad version, server rejected connection" error and red X next to the server name when I paste the IP in Remote.

I am running 1.38.128937 and I know the 66 mods are updated according to PWS and activated because I can see the row of them on the A3 main screen.

I am able to join other servers (e.g. KotH) without mods...what gives?

Arma3 updated recently.  Server has been running since before that happened.  Had to take down the server to update it.  Working now.

Initially the first time I tried it, there was no red X but I tried joining several times and it just immediately went back to the multiplayer screen.

So, then I thought maybe the server was running the latest beta, so I opted in for the beta on steam, then saw server was running 1.38, so opted back out of the beta and pushed back to 1.38.128957.

Is the server still running the exact 66 mods shown on the PWS subscription?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like a bunch 'o you peeps don't like to disconnect from hamachi when you are not playing.  This still takes up a slot.   I've created a ARFCOM2015_3 to add some more slots.  I'll start booting people to when no one is one (just reconnect).

Thanks ATV!  Got the IP.

Errrgh.

Ok, so I'm getting "Bad version, server rejected connection" error and red X next to the server name when I paste the IP in Remote.

I am running 1.38.128937 and I know the 66 mods are updated according to PWS and activated because I can see the row of them on the A3 main screen.

I am able to join other servers (e.g. KotH) without mods...what gives?

Arma3 updated recently.  Server has been running since before that happened.  Had to take down the server to update it.  Working now.

Initially the first time I tried it, there was no red X but I tried joining several times and it just immediately went back to the multiplayer screen.

So, then I thought maybe the server was running the latest beta, so I opted in for the beta on steam, then saw server was running 1.38, so opted back out of the beta and pushed back to 1.38.128957.

Is the server still running the exact 66 mods shown on the PWS subscription?

Arma3 updated recently and the server was running since before that happened.  Took server down and updated A3.  Back up and running.

Ridgback coming soon!

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, works now, was able to join!

AI is pretty decent as compared to A2.  They aren't blind, yet they don't one shot you from 800 yards either.

When I first joined I had no gear and no map, took the backpack on the ground, got in the heli and did the HALO...

Anyway, I land near these 2 houses by these couple civilians, start getting shot at by 2 ISIS.  Having no weaps, steal one of the civvy's cars and run over the 2 schmos that were shooting at me.  Now I got an AK and more importantly, a map!

See insertion point on the map and go there and find gear, all COMBLOC.  Go off on my merry way with a RPK and technical.  Goto first red area, get shot at, kill a couple guys, then get killed.

I like the fact that 3rd person is disabled (realistic), but damn if I ain't hitting Enter on the NumPad out of habit every five minutes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah we were playing on it earlier and got the base taken over already.  Looks like I need to add something for new joiners to pop in the base once it is secured....

The FOB has the virtual arsenal, any gear combo you could possibly want.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Space issue temporarily (I'm sure) figured out, PWS issue figured out, disregard.

I'm dumb.

After all of this, I still don't know if I can launch everything correctly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Pipe Error 6 was displayed on the bottom right of my screen in-game.  Not sure what that means.  Figured everything else out though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah we were playing on it earlier and got the base taken over already.  Looks like I need to add something for new joiners to pop in the base once it is secured....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Even a map on a fresh spawn would be a godsend.  That way you can find the FOB.  I respawned there I think, and if that's where I was when you logged on.

Quoted:
Pipe Error 6 was displayed on the bottom right of my screen in-game.

Yeah, I had that too; didn't seem to affect anything.  Got a couple 'file not found' black ISIS or something-or-rather, but that just helped alert me that I was near enemies.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pipe Error 6 was displayed on the bottom right of my screen in-game.  Not sure what that means.  Figured everything else out though.
View Quote

That's a Task Force Radio error.  Join Teamspeak: 68.113.220.171 and go to Doug's channel BEFORE you get past the server lobby, otherwise Task Force Radio will not initialize properly.  Does not affect anything other than comms.
you can still type as it only overwrites the game's VON functionality.

** New mission is about 80% done
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Mohammed did not like the fact that I killed some of the ISIS in his town...he actually walked over and inspected the body.  Mohammed later died running through a crossfire when he got spooked.

Some other of the ISIS in his town that met an unfortunate end:

Everytime I spawned I was back at the HALO heli spot...I never found a GPS and no map that I picked up would work.  I got the "Cannot connect to the positioning system" on the Map page even though I had a map on me.  Without a map, I couldn't find the FOB, and had to keep rearming from the insertion cache.

Also, is there something special that is required for you to give yourself saline, blood or plasma?  I "lost a lot of blood" but despite having all 3 of those, found no option to administer blood.  Apparently it should be under Advanced but it was blank for me.

Finally, there IS an option to set a key for the weapon rest/deploy...you goto controls then "Configure addons" then set a bind for CSE in the dropdown list.

And it doesn't deploy automatically from what I can see, you have to hit the key you bound and the icon changes from [sandbag and tiny space in between gun] to [gun touching sandbag].

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Everytime I spawned I was back at the HALO heli spot...I never found a GPS and no map that I picked up would work.  I got the "Cannot connect to the positioning system" on the Map page even though I had a map on me.  Without a map, I couldn't find the FOB, and had to keep rearming from the insertion cache.

Also, is there something special that is required for you to give yourself saline, blood or plasma?  I "lost a lot of blood" but despite having all 3 of those, found no option to administer blood.  Apparently it should be under Advanced but it was blank for me.

Finally, there IS an option to set a key for the weapon rest/deploy...you goto controls then "Configure addons" then set a bind for CSE in the dropdown list.

And it doesn't deploy automatically from what I can see, you have to hit the key you bound and the icon changes from [sandbag and tiny space in between gun] to [gun touching sandbag].

View Quote

I think I broke something this morning while editing the mission.   Fixed and verified that the map works now.   There are maps in one of the crates at the insertion point.   Also you can hit "m" for map and go to tasks and set repo man (when it is assigned) as your current task and it will point you toward the FOB, even without a map.

Next mission is basically done, but It won't launch on the dedicated server atm.   Once I get that glitch figured out there will be another mission in the rotation.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#10]
New mission up!     ( working now, I'm just an idiot that can't type sometimes  )

You are a UN contractor working the the Eastern Ukraine separatist region.  You have been captured and are being held in a separatist prison camp, currently awaiting your executioner....
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I cant get in the server says I'm missing the ridgeback file, I tried to get it from armaholic and load it myself but no luck. am I missing something in pws to get it to run though that?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I cant get in the server says I'm missing the ridgeback file, I tried to get it from armaholic and load it myself but no luck. am I missing something in pws to get it to run though that?
View Quote

Have you updated PWS?  Current count is 68 mods.  Ridgback is one of the new ones.  If you launch thru PWS with the latest repo you should be gtg.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:49:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Have you updated PWS?  Current count is 68 mods.  Ridgback is one of the new ones.  If you launch thru PWS with the latest repo you should be gtg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i ran it but it lists all of them as being "not installed". now what?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sure on the left you are in ARMA 3 selection and not ARMA 2 or whatever.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Downloading 23gb now!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#16]
No weird future rifles? Looks like I'm going to be doing soem downloading tonight.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]
ridgeback is awesome, crushes trees at speed, no more death by pinetree
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Im on server 1, anyone else?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No weird future rifles? Looks like I'm going to be doing soem downloading tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They are in the virtual arsenal but all bad dudes have modern guns (AKs, PKP, RPGs, etc.) and modern vehicles.  The exception is the Taru because it can haul pods and drop people, it's awesome.

Quoted:
Im on server 1, anyone else?

Population can be sparse at times.  We really need to discuss some play session times

We had like 4 of us a couple says ago and it was a blast.. Until my dumb cat turned off the server comp  

Next mission in progress will be to hunt down an ISIS asshole known as the "The Slayer".  He's the one called in to butcher kids when ISIS conquers a new area.

Also plodding away at getting a reinforcement script working, so we can paradrop quickly back into the action.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I believe that I have the reinforcement script finally working

Now you'll be able to paradrop in to nearby other players.  This will cut down the time it takes to get back in the action.

Added to the Ukraine mission.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm a night shifter in the Central time zone, so playing before 1900 doesn't really happen for me.  I'm usually up until 0800 or so once I get into ARMA though

Posted via work computer
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice! Been a longtime Arma player since the first one. Going to have to check out this server!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:11:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm a night shifter in the Central time zone, so playing before 1900 doesn't really happen for me.  I'm usually up until 0800 or so once I get into ARMA though

Posted via work computer
View Quote

That actually works well for this night shifter in the AZ time zone.

Anyone go by switch on steam?  I got a random invite....
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:08:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posted via work computer

No, my name is the same on here for Steam, AFAIK.  Maybe  sburnsy87, I don't remember.

But yeah we'll have to find a night to kill some.  I went in alone a few days ago, and got absolutely destroyed.  AI is outstanding.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Im planning on hopping on tomorrow night for some commie slaying, and drunk heli flying.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Im planning on hopping on tomorrow night for some commie slaying, and drunk heli flying.
View Quote

Good thing that I added some more choppers to the Ukraine mission  

I'll be on tomorrow until the wee hours.  Might even have the next mission done by then.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'll be on tomorrow until the wee hours.  Might even have the next mission done by then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm better when I'm drunk
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm very very much not.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Ok so apparently I completely misunderstood how the TMR weapon resting works  

So first, you'll come up to objects and it will automatically show this icon when weapon resting is available.

At this point you hit the "lock target" button, which by default is TAB.   You will hear a little click and the icon will change to this:

This will reduce muzzle climb while 'chootin.  You can still move as normal and it will go away on its own when you move away from a resting source.

You can also use a "deploy bipod" function while prone with certain guns, like LMGs.   Same button to activate it, TAB.  You will get the click and see this:

Class dismissed.  There will be a quiz later.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:46:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Next mission is ready to go.  There is now a third way to get back into the action:

1: Two pods that can be dropped by the Taru.  You can 'port back and forth to the base from these pods.  Makes for a moveable, semi-static 'port point.
2: Paradrop reinforce: choose a spot on the map within 100 meters from another player.  You will paradrop from 3500 meters  at that location.
3:  **New in next mission**  An2- paradrop.   There is an An2 at the base.  Everyone (including the pilot) can paradrop from it once it is above 175 meters.
As a bonus the An2 is armed, 500 rnds of .50cal and 4 mk 82 bombs  

The paradrop script allows you to keep your backpack, no need to grab a parachute.

I will change over to the new mission once someone can tell me how the Ukriane mission ends  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#31]
myself and dj nex almost cleared the server tonight but I think I broke it. we were supposed to get intel from a guy in a tower and I blew up the tower, the intel never came man IT NEVER CAME.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:45:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Mission was called "The Underling"  We saw a dead guy floating in the air which we presumed was the guy that had the intel.  We had no way of getting to his body to retrive the intel and then he suddenly disappeared effectively stopping us from being able to move on to any new missions.

-DJ
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Mission tweaked to hopefully alleviate the game stopper.  He's on the ground now and I set the garbage collection to not delete the body..hopefully it works as intended.  

Remember to search the guy (scroll wheel) to get the intel.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Damn,

I dont know how to use 6 apparently. It's downloading the 2 new mods again, which took 10 minutes the first time, and now its going to take 30min it looks like..

Before after it downloaded originally I tried launching the collection, but ended up always connecting to KOTH servers with no mods installed. Okay, so deleted that, and now its redownloading the 2 newest mods..

By the time its done downloading I have to leave.. lol
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#35]
PW6 keeps giving me errors, not sure what's going on
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

What errors are you getting?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#37]
so for some reason I'm not seeing the server in Arma

ideas?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I think it crashed out again, I was playing when it went down. Last time this happened I think ATV's cat turned off the puter.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think it crashed out again, I was playing when it went down. Last time this happened I think ATV's cat turned off the puter.
View Quote

Indeed something crashed the server.  Unknown cause at this time...Arma being Arma?

Rebooted for your commie killing pleasure.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Out of memory exception?  I keep getting that one if I leave it running long enough.  You can close it once you launch arma.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Failure

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Uhhh... what'd you break?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#43]
there was a computer up there to put codes in, but uhh there may have been a stray round or something that hit the tower. So the bomb was never defused, although I suspect that entering the code will actually trigger a plane to drop a bomb on my location.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:19:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
there was a computer up there to put codes in, but uhh there may have been a stray round or something that hit the tower. So the bomb was never defused, although I suspect that entering the code will actually trigger a plane to drop a bomb on my location.
View Quote

Lulz you guys break everything (awesome)   I'll fix that in the morning...should be easy to set it to indestructable.  Could you see the computer up there or did it go flying?

That means the intel off the dead dudes is working, yay!

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:33:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Lulz you guys break everything (awesome)   I'll fix that in the morning...should be easy to set it to indestructable.  Could you see the computer up there or did it go flying?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After we were done with it there was nothing there, the t-72 and Tunguska hung around for a while though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:41:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Probably fell to the ground to be lost in the grass or went airborne to who knows where. (it's a laptop)

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Out of memory exception?  I keep getting that one if I leave it running long enough.  You can close it once you launch arma.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha I think that's it
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Ok so the tower is technically a static object that is added in through some voodoo magic in the first place.  I can't edit it to make it unbreakable.  Best I could do is add another layer of walls around the bunker (tall concrete ones).  I also made the laptop unbreakable just in case.

Give it a shot
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ok so the tower is technically a static object that is added in through some voodoo magic in the first place.  I can't edit it to make it unbreakable.  Best I could do is add another layer of walls around the bunker (tall concrete ones).  I also made the laptop unbreakable just in case.

Give it a shot
View Quote

Give it a shot, lol, last time we gave it a shot I had the M32 launcher and acid was on a mortar, maybe a more subtle approach will work this time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I went a little crazy with the RPG.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top