Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really want to get into coop once I get more familiar with the controls/game style.  I did play Arma 2 a bit online but mostly just in free-roam/sandbox DayZ mod.  It was fun but I'd like to get more into scenario based coop gameplay.

I see a lot of videos of guys doing different raids/missions but I have no clue where to download them(or, are those simply just locations in the free roam mode that they decide to organize raids on but aren't actual programmed 'missions?')
View Quote

Grab PWS and start D'loading the mods so you can join my server.  I make scripted (more or less) missions that are co-op oriented.   What times do you have to play?  Let's set up some gaming sessions.  See my first post in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Grab PWS and start D'loading the mods so you can join my server.  I make scripted (more or less) missions that are co-op oriented.   What times do you have to play?  Let's set up some gaming sessions.  See my first post in this thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really want to get into coop once I get more familiar with the controls/game style.  I did play Arma 2 a bit online but mostly just in free-roam/sandbox DayZ mod.  It was fun but I'd like to get more into scenario based coop gameplay.

I see a lot of videos of guys doing different raids/missions but I have no clue where to download them(or, are those simply just locations in the free roam mode that they decide to organize raids on but aren't actual programmed 'missions?')

I work 3rd shift at the moment so usually(unless I get forced t work 1st also) I am available from about 3pm-830pm cst.  Come June though my vacations kick in and in June I'm only working 12 days, then 15 days in July so I'll be more open.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
ATV, you have any littlebirds in the scripted missions?  Been wanting to fly some in an actual mission instead of just screwing around in editor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Starting to get the hang of it.  I remember this game being unique to most anything else I've played.  I'm learning fast that no cover = death.  It's an ok but but the SP doesn't really do much for me.  The campaign is exactly what I didn't want this game to be(which I didn't get it for the campaign anyway).  It's not dynamic at all.  When you do get to the point that you're commanding troops, commanding AI troops is a massive pain in the ass.

I can imagine it being quite fun coop though or pvp when things get a bit more dynamic and you don't have to worry about shitty AI.  Enemy AI isn't all that great either but still seem challenging enough.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
PWS won't even open for me.  I get the big logo in the middle of my screen when I click on it, and it doesn't do anything else.

Been trying to get it to work at home, I'm at work right now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 2:56:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Starting to get the hang of it.  I remember this game being unique to most anything else I've played.  I'm learning fast that no cover = death.  It's an ok but but the SP doesn't really do much for me.  The campaign is exactly what I didn't want this game to be(which I didn't get it for the campaign anyway).  It's not dynamic at all.  When you do get to the point that you're commanding troops, commanding AI troops is a massive pain in the ass.

I can imagine it being quite fun coop though or pvp when things get a bit more dynamic and you don't have to worry about shitty AI.  Enemy AI isn't all that great either but still seem challenging enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There's a really good  series of escape missions that are co-op and pure dynamic gameplay.   Originally from A2, it has since been ported over and improved upon, usable on a bunch of maps.  Perhaps we could meet up and try one of those in the near future.  I prefer Co-op myself (hence hosting a server)

Quoted:
PWS won't even open for me.  I get the big logo in the middle of my screen when I click on it, and it doesn't do anything else.

Been trying to get it to work at home, I'm at work right now.

PWS is being a real pain in the dick lately.   Try a comp reboot.  And so far closing it by using task manager --> end process makes it play nice the next time you open it.  Don't close it with that tempting X

A3 has updated to 1.44, updating the server as I type so it will be usable again.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I'd be down for that.  Gonna be pretty busy the next week and a half but then my vacations kick in and I'm off more than I'm on.

I just hate static campaigns.  I hate that you're at point A and need to get to point B and you have to do it by following a cookie cutter series of waypoints to get there.  It's like playing connect the dots.

Instead I prefer being told your objective and having to figure out the best way to go about achieving that objective with random events occurring along the way(ambushes, patrols, enemy aircraft etc.).  I also hate that when you fail to connect one dot exactly the way they want you to you fail and have to restart instead of trying to adapt to the change in plan.

If I run over a landmine in my vehicle and we get stranded I don't want to just be told I failed and try over again.  I want to unass, figure the situation out, and then decide to either press on or try and abort and rtb alive.  When shit goes haywire that's when games like this really shine...(unless you're playing the campaign..then you just fail and restart..)
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Arma 3 Free Weekend on steam for those whom have seen this thread and want to try it out
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Brother and I have been playing we seem to of frozen at a certain spot can't move on from here can we get a reset or a new mission
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Downloading now, I always had a good time playing Day Z on the ARF server a couple years ago

How many of you guys play and how often?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Brother and I have been playing we seem to of frozen at a certain spot can't move on from here can we get a reset or a new mission
View Quote

Looks like BattleEye kicked you.  Server rebooted.

BIG news!  My Iraqi-Syrian Conflict mod is now 3.0, now with more pew pew pew!   Found here (also in the PWS repo)

Seriously though, It's going to be in the next mission, which is.....

KUNDUZ map!  ALIVE has finally indexed it so it's going to be full speed ahead on getting that mission ready.  I already have a populated FOB ready to go.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah I'd be down for that.  Gonna be pretty busy the next week and a half but then my vacations kick in and I'm off more than I'm on.

I just hate static campaigns.  I hate that you're at point A and need to get to point B and you have to do it by following a cookie cutter series of waypoints to get there.  It's like playing connect the dots.

Instead I prefer being told your objective and having to figure out the best way to go about achieving that objective with random events occurring along the way(ambushes, patrols, enemy aircraft etc.).  I also hate that when you fail to connect one dot exactly the way they want you to you fail and have to restart instead of trying to adapt to the change in plan.

If I run over a landmine in my vehicle and we get stranded I don't want to just be told I failed and try over again.  I want to unass, figure the situation out, and then decide to either press on or try and abort and rtb alive.  When shit goes haywire that's when games like this really shine...(unless you're playing the campaign..then you just fail and restart..)
View Quote

The ALIVE system is pretty good at making weird random shit happen.  I try to make missions that leave the player open to complete them however they see fit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#13]
brother and I are getting on now.

saying you can't play this mission it is dependent on downloadable content ace med iraq syria conflict.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
brother and I are getting on now.

saying you can't play this mission it is dependent on downloadable content ace med iraq syria conflict.

View Quote

Make sure you update your PWS.  We are switching over to the ACE3 system from CSE.  Your PWS mod count should be 81
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#15]
shit we downloaded the collection iraqi/syrian thing you linked before.  I don't know where to find what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

shit we downloaded the collection iraqi/syrian thing you linked before.  I don't know where to find what you are talking about.
View Quote

if you downloaded it from PW6 wehn you open pw^ it will be yellow and you just have to update it

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Kunduz map updated with a mission chain
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#18]
well hopefully it will update properly through PWS.  Is it the type of thing it should do it automatically or do I need to be looking for these add ons?  Every other time we have been able to just let the PWS update and install the add ons this time there was no such luck.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm going to get back into playing Arma 3, can't wait to get a few days off and try out your server!  
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
well hopefully it will update properly through PWS.  Is it the type of thing it should do it automatically or do I need to be looking for these add ons?  Every other time we have been able to just let the PWS update and install the add ons this time there was no such luck.
View Quote

PWS can be finiky.  Make sure on the lower right of PWS that you are connected.  Doug had the same issue as well.  Once he connected the repo updated for him.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been fiddling around with mission parameters.  I'm working on adding some optional AI buddies since the server pop tends to be low.  This should lend a helping hand...
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Any idea how to use all those fancy med kit, tourniquet, blood bags and other healing goodies.

I always go solo, lots of times just bleed out on my own.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Any idea how to use all those fancy med kit, tourniquet, blood bags and other healing goodies.

I always go solo, lots of times just bleed out on my own.
View Quote

We couldn't get any med stuff to work either
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#24]
go to configure --> controls --> configure addons

There's two keys.  Interaction and interact self.  

my default was left windows for interaction and left control + left windows for self interact.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
go to configure --> controls --> configure addons

There's two keys.  Interaction and interact self.  

my default was left windows for interaction and left control + left windows for self interact.
View Quote

that part was working we couldn't get the interaction screen to do anything.  I could see the card on the left of the screen and that he was bleeding or I was bleeding but can't do anything about it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Skip to about 4 minute mark
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#27]
When I attempt to join the sever it kicks me out for not having two ace mods. My pws says all is up to date.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there a way to set up PWS to download your collection? You have like 870 mods.....it makes it unenjoyable to try to download each one manually. I see your collection on the PWS website, but I'm not going to download all of them one by one. Honestly, you could do without a few mods.

NVM. Figured it out through PWS

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Update your sever

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#30]
getting updates for the iraq syrian shit then should be on.  Hopefully everything is set

I got the same as dan.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Update your sever
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Update your sever

That's what I get for working nearly two dam weeks straight  

Quoted:
When I attempt to join the sever it kicks me out for not having two ace mods. My pws says all is up to date.

Still doing that?  What two mods is it complaining about?  EDIT: I think I got 'em...
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Had fun with a few fellas. The ace mod is neat and adds a layer of realism dealing with injuries.

I tried my hardest to save a team mate while bullets were literally raining down around us, but luckily never hit my skull. Sorry I couldn't save you bro, tried sticking you with every chemical from the med box and even cpr. Lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Which one of you need a mic?  I've got a spare little one that clips onto your shirt.  Works fine.  Send me a PM with your addy and I'll send it your direction.

And what time do you guys get on?  I seem to keep missing peeps...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#34]
lol, second time someone offered to get me a mic!

The first time CSD even offered to buy one online and have it shipped to me!! lol

I just keep forgetting to order one online..
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
lol, second time someone offered to get me a mic!

The first time CSD even offered to buy one online and have it shipped to me!! lol

I just keep forgetting to order one online..
View Quote

I was damn near ready to send you one the other day.  It is hard to coord anything with typing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#36]
mission is down says a part is missing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#37]
CBA had to be updated.  Should be up now.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#38]
So how do I get ACE 3 to work?
The ACE menu doesnt come up
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I can't even make it into the lobby.  Every time I try to join, it freezes on the joining screen.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I can't even make it into the lobby.  Every time I try to join, it freezes on the joining screen.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#41]
My bad guys... I've been distracted by Ark lately.
The server is hanging up again upon creation.  Looks like another update broke something.  
Server shall go down until I can puzzle out this latest techincality.

Will post here when I get it working.  Will be a few days...I work 12s.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Finally getting around to installing everything.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Finally getting around to installing everything.
View Quote

I deleted it all all 9 gigs worth to install ark and dirty bomb
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Is there still interest in this?  BIS' updates tend to break everything once and awhile.  I'm willing to break out my mission maker hat again if people still would like to play.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Server is back up with a new mission  

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Found the collection on the page. Subscribed. Can't find it in the client, apparently the client doesn't synch collections properly. And there seems to be no way to add a friend so they can send it to me via the client.

Edit: Been at this for over an hour with no luck. Going back to Epoch.

Edit 2: ATV, that's not your fault. PWS has had this bug for over a year, they suck.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 3:43:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Yeah PWS is being real retardo lately.  Somehow trying to help it is even removed my collection  from the UI  

We could spend the two minutes it would take for you to build one my making it manually.

Why does everything Arma have to be a headache, I have no idea
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Just picked up arma 3 last night. I've clearly been missing out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#49]
So I built a gaming pc, downloaded Arma 3 on steam, downloaded the play with 6 and the mods but when I try to start it says I have some radio file missing. What do I need to do? This is way too complicated by the way but I am too far in to back out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

So I built a gaming pc, downloaded Arma 3 on steam, downloaded the play with 6 and the mods but when I try to start it says I have some radio file missing. What do I need to do? This is way too complicated by the way but I am too far in to back out.
View Quote

Shit always gets complicated with a server that has 80+ mods attached to it. OP needs to clean up the server, get rid of unused mods, useless mods (ie tactical beard). It will help the FPS a bit.

Not bashing the OP. I know ATV has put a lot of hours into it, but there is a time when too much is too much.

Also, enabling 3rd person would be beneficial with a players FPS too. Sometimes first person lowers my FPS a lot...And I have a pretty decent machine.

Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top