BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

Alright, fuckit, what server are you guys playing on and what's the TS info? If we're gonna glass some ISIS fucks like that I'm DEFINITELY in!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

Way, way WAAAAAY OP.

Might allow it but you'll have to do some missions or something to earn it first
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Way, way WAAAAAY OP.

Might allow it but you'll have to do some missions or something to earn it first
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Way, way WAAAAAY OP.

Nope, load my B1 up with those puppies please! We'll have that insurgency thing taken care of within an hour.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Added:

USSOCOM 75th Ranger, Navy SEALs DEVGRU and Delta Force

As it works with the alive faction system.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
When you get a chance can you upload the mission file to the interwebs
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When you get a chance can you upload the mission file to the interwebs
View Quote

When its done  

This will be a long chain of tasks, with over a dozen in total, in addition to the random ones that the ALIVE system assigns.   I have about three more tasks to finish and then I will consider it complete.

Next mission will be the "break out of prison" scenario in Fallujah  
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Bah, still trying to download all those mods. Damn you shitty internet!!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:52:47 AM EDT
[#8]
No worries.  I'm stuck doing the work thing until wed. anyways.

Getting all the stuff downloaded and setup is the most annoying part. Given the ridiculous file size that all these mods add up to, it actually plays very well.

Arma 3 is going to keep me busy making missions for awhile

We need a Jaster vs InfiniteGrim air duel.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#9]
pewpew
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No worries.  I'm stuck doing the work thing until wed. anyways.

Getting all the stuff downloaded and setup is the most annoying part. Given the ridiculous file size that all these mods add up to, it actually plays very well.

Arma 3 is going to keep me busy making missions for awhile

We need a Jaster vs InfiniteGrim air duel.
View Quote

Were you able to get the A3 OPFOR out and ISIS in?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Were you able to get the A3 OPFOR out and ISIS in?
View Quote

Hell yeah.  All good now
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oh you poor, poor bastards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-a28OFb8xs#t=12
View Quote

PTSD here we come!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#14]
How the shit do you do all this?  Never used Steam Workshop or anything, I haven't downloaded any serious mods for anything since Rainbow Six Rogue Spear about 14 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How the shit do you do all this?  Never used Steam Workshop or anything, I haven't downloaded any serious mods for anything since Rainbow Six Rogue Spear about 14 years ago.
View Quote

Just follow the links on pg. one.

Extract the files to your arma directory, typically steam/SteamApps/common/Arma3

Go into the game and in the main menu, go to configure.   Enable the mods.  restart Arma3

Grab Hamachi   (umanaged)

Load up hamachi and connect to whoever is hosting

Connect to the server and learn which one of the mods you missed grabbing

Easy cheesy, right?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Grim doing a flyby

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#17]
ATV, did you add anything new? I'm getting a "You cannot play blah blah blah... Missing  RDS_tank_aggressors.  My RDS folder doesn't have that file.

I cannot find a download on armaholic that includes such a file.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
ATV, did you add anything new? I'm getting a "You cannot play blah blah blah... Missing  RDS_tank_aggressors.  My RDS folder doesn't have that file.

View Quote

Found the file...

ATV, what is your FPS while hosting that mission? I was getting 18-20fps for some reason. When you were hosting I was getting 50+... Is hosting supposed cause that bad of a performance hit?  (I was the only guy playing too)
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Found the file...

ATV, what is your FPS while hosting that mission? I was getting 18-20fps for some reason. When you were hosting I was getting 50+... Is hosting supposed cause that bad of a performance hit?  (I was the only guy playing too)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found the file...

Hosting will cause a major performance hit.  When you are hosting you are running all the AI and server side scripts on your own box.  I host even my single player missions on my other computer just for this reason.

ETA:  There is a way to get better fps if you want to host a server on the same computer you are playing on.  If you run a dedicated server on your box as well as the game it will use more of the resources available on your computer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#20]
ATV...

The A-10 you selected is broken. While the loadout on it is better, you cannot target vehicles while using anything that isn't maverick missiles... Going by the PBO you used the SUD one... I looked into it and that is the A-10A (NATO) one. The ones that work are either the A-10 (US) or the A-10 (USMC).

class Item122
{
position[]={7931.3213,7,2160.0396};
azimut=61.007942;
id=238;
side="EMPTY";
vehicle="SUD_A10";
skill=0.60000002;
syncId=79;
synchronizations[]={30};
};

Obviously adding THIS would just make my day  (Ignore that... I installed it and forgot you need to go through ha realistic start up procedure... takes a few )

minutes of flipping switches in the EXACT needed order.

But PLEASE switch the A-10 to the US or USMC models
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#21]
What TS server are yall using? I'd like to play with ya, ATV
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Found the file...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found the file...

Yeah as the previous poster mentioned, I do take a big fps hit when hosting. Usual fps is in. the 20s to mid teens.  Playable but a bit jerky.  Worth it to get some craziness on.

Never thought about trying to host a dedicated server.  I do have another box with good specs, or I could host on same comp.   I'll look into that option.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ATV...

The A-10 you selected is broken. While the loadout on it is better, you cannot target vehicles while using anything that isn't maverick missiles... Going by the PBO you used the SUD one... I looked into it and that is the A-10A (NATO) one. The ones that work are either the A-10 (US) or the A-10 (USMC).

class Item122
{
position[]={7931.3213,7,2160.0396};
azimut=61.007942;
id=238;
side="EMPTY";
vehicle="SUD_A10";
skill=0.60000002;
syncId=79;
synchronizations[]={30};
};

Obviously adding THIS would just make my day  (Ignore that... I installed it and forgot you need to go through ha realistic start up procedure... takes a few )

minutes of flipping switches in the EXACT needed order.

But PLEASE switch the A-10 to the US or USMC models
View Quote

Hrmmm... That is the only A10 I get when I selected empty--air.  Is it under the USMC faction maybe?  I'll. Poke around when I get home.  I'll get yer dam plane in there some day dammit

Did you fly to the marker up north?

EDIT:  I looked around at my units.  I have no other A10 so the only logical conclusion is I either don't have a mod activated that I should or you d'loaded something additional.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I will look... the ones I am talking about are the Arma 2 ones that were ported over....
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there a way to setup just a server on a PC, so that computer doesn't need to be "in game"
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I will look... the ones I am talking about are the Arma 2 ones that were ported over....
View Quote

In my editor they are listed under US ans USMC (not the US Marine Corps)

I'm thinking I have an older version of the "All in Arma" pack. As I'm looking at the one titled "All in Arma High Quality" says it replaced the A-10's with the STI A-10A
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm emailing you the A-10 files your AllinArma folder is missing...

On that A-10A, the hud doesn't work making it a pain in the ass to kill anything with the gun, but the GBU's do.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Also what is supposed to be at the marker? I didn't see anything
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Ahh so THIS then.  Will add it to the front page.

The All in arma HQ pack has a metric shit ton of dependencies.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ahh so THIS then.  Will add it to the front page.

The All in arma HQ pack has a metric shit ton of dependencies.
View Quote

did you get my email? That A-10  (file in the email) came with my AiA download. Its not in that link you showed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Joy. guess ill get back in this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is there a way to setup just a server on a PC, so that computer doesn't need to be "in game"
View Quote

Yes, I have one set up on my other desktop.  Not to hard to set up.  I can help you if you are interested.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I got it to run on a server... now I just need to install it on my laptop...

How do I change the Time/Weather
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:49:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well I got it to run on a server... now I just need to install it on my laptop...

How do I change the Time/Weather
View Quote

You have to edit the mission to do that.  You can dl a pbo unpacker which will allow you to open it in the editor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:51:33 AM EDT
[#35]
There is also most likely a script out there that you could add to the mission which would allow you to change time of day/weather settings in the lobby or one to give you random weather and time of day at mission start.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#36]
ATV was doing it as we are playing... Im wondering what he did to do it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:17:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
ATV was doing it as we are playing... Im wondering what he did to do it.
View Quote

Download the MCC sandbox
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:39:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes, I have one set up on my other desktop.  Not to hard to set up.  I can help you if you are interested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would definitely like to know how to do this.  I imagine that you will want to host the dedicated server on its own box and use another to play on?   PM me or spell it out here, maybe others would like to know as well.

Yay, I can haz framerates too!  
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:54:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I would definitely like to know how to do this.  I imagine that you will want to host the dedicated server on its own box and use another to play on?   PM me or spell it out here, maybe others would like to know as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already hosted it as its own task on my PC... still got 20fps. Im trying my laptop now. You getting on tonight>?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:25:59 AM EDT
[#40]
So I'm on my server hosted on my laptop right now... Getting 30-50 fps....

Remember how the A-10 was blowing up when I would get into it? Whenever my client is NOT the host this happens. Not sure WTF is going on.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So I'm on my server hosted on my laptop right now... Getting 30-50 fps....

Remember how the A-10 was blowing up when I would get into it? Whenever my client is NOT the host this happens. Not sure WTF is going on.
View Quote

IIRC that's some kind of spawning script issue. Move it away from any structures and see if that helps.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I already hosted it as its own task on my PC... still got 20fps. Im trying my laptop now. You getting on tonight>?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If hosting the server in a separate process didn't give you any fps boost then damn that is a lot of AI.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#43]
I have been playing this series since OFP , and know the editor/missions making fairly well but not so much the scripting. Setting up a seperate server is not too hard , steam has all the files for it and plenty of google articles for it.

you do need a good dedicated PC to host if you do more than a few people , and pretty decent upload speeds. A core duo quad or a i3 with 8 gigs of ram and a ssd  could likely handle 8+ players well but really you have to test the missions and amount of AI first.

You can get the server .exe and set it up to run a separate Pc via your steam account without having steam on the host PC , have to google it and its a bit time consuming to get it setup but once its done right you can set up 'play with six' type addon sync makes it so much easier for people to have the same mods and everything is fully automated.  Read up here as a good start http://www.404games.co.uk/forum/index.php?/tutorials/article/26-how-to-setup-an-arma3-server-using-steamcmd/

I will get around to playing if you guys have a dedicated server going , I can make some fun small missions if needed. Nothing better than arma 3 with 8 to 12 people and small Spec OP missions against AI. Insurgency with ISIS on a dedicated box with the ability to sync addons using play with six would be sweet.

I'm happy to help any way I can . Whats the TS info ? ill hop in a chat the techie stuff if someone wants to try it all.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have been playing this series since OFP , and know the editor/missions making fairly well but not so much the scripting. Setting up a seperate server is not too hard , steam has all the files for it and plenty of google articles for it.

you do need a good dedicated PC to host if you do more than a few people , and pretty decent upload speeds. A core duo quad or a i3 with 8 gigs of ram and a ssd  could likely handle 8+ players well but really you have to test the missions and amount of AI first.

You can get the server .exe and set it up to run a separate Pc via your steam account without having steam on the host PC , have to google it and its a bit time consuming to get it setup but once its done right you can set up 'play with six' type addon sync makes it so much easier for people to have the same mods and everything is fully automated.

I will get around to playing if you guys have a dedicated server going , I can make some fun small missions if needed. Nothing better than arma 3 with 8 to 12 people and small Spec OP missions against AI. Insurgency with ISIS on a dedicated box with the ability to sync addons using play with six would be sweet.

I'm happy to help any way I can . Whats the TS info ? ill hop in a chat the techie stuff if someone wants to try it all.
View Quote

IM sent w/ info
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I DL's everything on your list.

All the HLC weapons do not have sound

Also, the Robert Hammer M4 mod doesn't have sound. Which is weird because I've used it before awhile back (just redownloaded it)
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I DL's everything on your list.

All the HLC weapons do not have sound

Also, the Robert Hammer M4 mod doesn't have sound. Which is weird because I've used it before awhile back (just redownloaded it)
View Quote

Use the ARma 3 Sync to launch.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#47]
ATV... I figured out my FPS issues... My PC must have either crashed or the pwoer went out one night, as it reset to my CPU's stock settings with intel speedstep on. Now I'm getting 35-45fps
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#48]
I've got the mission chain done

Now just to fine tune it.  I have to do some tuning with the ALIVE system and the amount of AI running around.  It can be setup a little better.  Even on Grim's dedicated server we can get bogged down to under 20 fps at times.
Field research continues...
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Their should be some code to add to missions or addon to clear missions of bodies and blown up stuff like vehicles after a few minutes as it progresses , this will help FPS lots.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Their should be some code to add to missions or addon to clear missions of bodies and blown up stuff like vehicles after a few minutes as it progresses , this will help FPS lots.
View Quote

The alive system has a garbage collection module that does this exact thing.

I may just have too many this going on at once.... looking into it
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top