Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 9/15/2014 6:29:30 PM EDT
Simply put, I run a dedicated server for CO-OP in Arma3.   We take on ISIS, Boko Haram, commies, and just about whatever else I dream up for you to shoot at.  If CO-OP is your thing, join us!  Guaranteed craziness to happen.
Server runs mods that convert A3 into a modern day setting.  Forget that vanilla future crap (with the exception of the Taru + drop pod mod, that is sweeet), here we play with modern guns against current day inspired enemies.

</a>" />

</a>" />

Play With Six is used to handle the mods.  It's just a click on one thing to download everything.  As a bonus PWS will keep mods up to date for you.

Use this link here to find the collection.

Play with six is found HERE.

There is one other missing mod that can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/27u6mduls4pcuft/missing-mod-v032.7z

Put that is wherever your have setup your PWS mod folder to be.

How to connect to the dedicated server:

Grab Hamachi   (umanaged)

Load up hamachi and choose join existing network.

choose one of:

ARFCOM2015
ARFCOM2015_2
ARFCOM2015_3

password is ARFCOMs favorite number

right click on Da_Puter and choose copy IPv4

Load up A3 and go to multiplayer ->remote  and paste in the IP.  If needed, the port is 2302 (might not be necessary, 2302 is a LAN port)

You should now see a server to join.  the name will vary with the mission.

We use TS to coordinate comms.  Join  vs26.tserverhq.com:7440 and go to Doug's channel BEFORE you get past the server lobby, otherwise Task Force Radio will not initialize properly.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
lol, fuck it i'm in.

i could probably talk infinitegrim into it as well, tell him that there is opportunities for goat sex or something.

edit where is your team membership?

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be in.  I have been playing around with the Alive AI module.  You can make some massive missions with very little performance impact.  Server/TS info?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You know I am in. I will be on our insurgency server tonight getting used to ALIVE. You know where to find me.

Dougy
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
holy crap are you kidding?

I really need to make my new computer already
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Count me in. Has JSRS been ported on Arma3?

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Count me in. Has JSRS been ported on Arma3?

View Quote

Yes. Its the tits.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Playing as the Taliban and shooting down US Army Blackhawks with RGPs in Project Reality is one thing.

Play as ISIS is something different.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Playing as the Taliban and shooting down US Army Blackhawks with RGPs in Project Reality is one thing.

View Quote

We play against ISIS for all the benefits and lack of PTSD.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well I guess you aren't playing OPFOR?

I fail to see how this is any different then playing as terrorists in CS or a hundred other games.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well I guess you aren't playing OPFOR.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I guess you aren't playing OPFOR.

Don't worry ill be looking forward to cutting his head off when we capture him.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:51:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I fail to see how this is any different then playing as terrorists in CS or a hundred other games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really need to see the ALIVE system in action to appreciate its scale.  They've tested it with 4,000 units.  Keep in mind that a "unit" could mean a tank or an entire squad

I still have some poking around to do, but the ALIVE system aloows for some pretty ridiculous stuff to be set up in minutes.  I also got MCC sandbox to work but haven't gotten zeus to play nice...yet

Keep in mind that this does require downloading a bunch of mods.  A3 makes management of mods easy as you can switch them around using the in-game menu.   I'll try to post a mod list when I get off work in the morning.   Everyone should go to the steam workshop and check the weapon category...then type in HLC.
That dude has created some fantastic weapon packs that I will for sure be using (ARs,AKs,M14s,etc. All with working attachments).

We should be able to get some battles going using nearly all modern guns and not those goofy futuristic ones.....
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice. Got any room for 1 more?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#13]
The in-game mod menu sucks.

If you have Play With Six, you can make custom mod folders for different scenarios and servers and launch Into a server from it.
It's also set up to where you can customize your Arma, Arma II, and Arma III with associated DLC and mods from one interface.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#14]
(Mod list moved to OP)
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I would be interested in playing if this is a versus game type.  I wish king of the hill would add some of these weapon mods.

Dangerdan, next time we play you will have to show me where to get the six thing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Dats alot of mods...
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Can haz jets? Been itching to plop some GBUs on the ISIS fucks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would be interested in playing if this is a versus game type.  I wish king of the hill would add some of these weapon mods.

Dangerdan, next time we play you will have to show me where to get the six thing.
View Quote

I really haven't used it since I accidentally corrupted my Play With Six and had to reinstall it. After that, it didn't synch with my player profile for king of the hill...forcing my back to level 1. So I just use the .exe from steam with -nointro and -nosplash to make it start up faster.

Other than KOTH, I use PWS extensively. You can even download most Arma mods through PWS and it automatically puts it in your Arma folder the correct way

Also, PWS is endorsed by Bohemia

I like PVP. It's more fun than those try-hard mil-sims where it's player vs AI...that stuff gets old quick.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Here is where you get playwithsix

Also, if you like playing this style of gameplay another group I have been playing with a number of years is called MeatBags.  We run a server with is Insurgency Arma 3. Basically hunt down terrorists in a MILSIM environment and get intel to blow up cache.

If you want to come play over there, just go to the Meatbags website and you can download a repo which automatically downloads the mods for our server with play with six. Most of the mods used for this game type are the same that ATV has listed so you wont need to download many.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can haz jets? Been itching to plop some GBUs on the ISIS fucks.
View Quote

Would this work?  It's already part of A3.

Or would this be more your style?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Beta version of a AC130 gunship  

HERE
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Get both all three!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Sample of what Fallujah + ALIVE system can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui4hgZ3RUeQ
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Other than their horrid movement skills looks pretty fun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#25]
OK, I I just started DLing and extracting a bunch of these... still haven't added the lines to the launcher.

But is there an easy way to check if the mods are working, I haven't played ARMA3(none of the prior ArmA titles) since Feb.. Even then I never bothered with mods or editors.

This seems really over complicated to me at this point.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:13:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Got the ALIVE AI working.  Also a multiplayer revive system and respawn system

M14 kitted out:

FAL, plus some CAS waiting for a player to drive

Some technicals getting wasted:

BRDM in game, can you spot the UAZ as well?

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:21:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Civvis working.  Tick them off and they will arm themselves or go suicide bomber on ya.

Also, this can't be good  

AI knows to cover flanks:

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Civvis working.  Tick them off and they will arm themselves or go suicide bomber on ya.

Also, this can't be good  

<a href="http://s13.photobucket.com/user/ninails99/media/Gamin%20Stuff/arma32014-09-1801-19-00-09_zps6075240f.png.html" target="_blank">http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/ninails99/Gamin%20Stuff/arma32014-09-1801-19-00-09_zps6075240f.png</a>

AI knows to cover flanks:

<a href="http://s13.photobucket.com/user/ninails99/media/Gamin%20Stuff/arma32014-09-1801-22-15-70_zpsa7c258e5.png.html" target="_blank">http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/ninails99/Gamin%20Stuff/arma32014-09-1801-22-15-70_zpsa7c258e5.png</a>
View Quote

Ooh! A10s! I suppose I HAVE to go DL those mods now... Bastard.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#29]
This is going to be awesome. The ONLY reason we dont play Arma 3 is all the shitty future weapons/cars and the fact that there is 2-3 of each, making it boring.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Do you have a server?

I guess I'm going to have to DL a bunch of stuff when I get home.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I just installed  everything, and the sounds and effects for the jets are not working. Also when I spawned in a USMC sniper, his gun was invisble.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Virtual ammo box added.  Going to replace the revive script with

Combat Space Enchancement as the revive script is bugged if you die in a vehicle.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do you have a server?

View Quote

I run a non-dedicated server that I host.  We played some this morning and it was tough.   BMPs kept raiding the base.   Have to make some changes so the BLUFOR stays to protect the airfield.

Do you know the TS we use?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I run a non-dedicated server that I host.  We played some this morning and it was tough.   BMPs kept raiding the base.   Have to make some changes so the BLUFOR stays to protect the airfield.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you have a server?

Could you PM me the TS server.  I would like to play with you guys sometime.  I also have a dedicated server we could use occasionally if you are interested.  Has an I7, 12 gigs of ram, and i have a 100 down 5 up connection.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Could you PM me the TS server.  I would like to play with you guys sometime.  I also have a dedicated server we could use occasionally if you are interested.  Has an I7, 12 gigs of ram, and i have a 100 down 5 up connection.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have a server?

sent, also this crap is crazy Grim found this launcher that seems to help.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you have a server?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#37]
ATV...

Can you add the FA-18 to the mission?

LINK

Its been around for awhile and its really impressive. The GBU's actually lock onto stuff and it has working afterburners
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Nice. Got any room for 1 more?
View Quote

Aren't you one of the weird whiteknights here on ARF?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Take your bullshit elsewhere, kid.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:48:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
ATV...

LINK

Its been around for awhile and its really impressive. The GBU's actually lock onto stuff and it has working afterburners
View Quote

Ha!  I d'loaded that but i was trying to keep the mod list from ballooning too much.  Ah what the hell,

I'll add This as well to make you flight jockeys happy
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ha!  I d'loaded that but i was trying to keep the mod list from ballooning too much.  Ah what the hell,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATV...

LINK

B-1s? That's sexier than an A10
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Look at how sexy this game + mods are.... (especially the lighting effects after the Cobra portion..

(Probably wont be done uploading for 60 minutes or so.)

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Look at how sexy this game + mods are.... (especially the lighting effects after the Cobra portion..

(Probably wont be done uploading for 60 minutes or so.)

http://youtu.be/WbDWU_NV-IY
View Quote

Which A10 mod is that?   The gun looks way better than the AH164
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Started learning more about the editor and have begun adding tasks to the mission

If anyone has a mission ideas, put 'em down and I'll see if I can write 'em in

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#46]
That is NOT a mod.... its thw arma 2 a10, which u already have
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#47]
ATV... you getting on tonight
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Um ATV........ We NEED to turn on the IVORY GR4 tornado....
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:14:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Working OT, will be off in a few hours.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top