Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2014 2:12:17 PM EDT
I'm wary, but I decided to go ahead and pre order instead of waiting and seeing how the game stacks up.

Dragon Age: Origins is one of my favorite games of all time. The combat in DA2 was a bit better but the overall game design went bonkers and lazy. I am sure they learned their lessons from DA2 and are looking to avoid the lackluster response from fans. DA Inquisition is looking amazing though. It's supposed to be grander than DA:O and sort of a mix of Skyrim and DA:O when it comes to open world travel and will combine that with some of the faster paced combat of DA2.

At checkout use coupon: 2TH410-HEYEJL-BPCZGF
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/dragon-age-inquisition-na/

Impressions from Gamespot:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-2014-dragon-age-inquisition-first-impressions/2300-6419462/

More:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/dragon-age-inquisition_Games_review

Updated: Hands-On at Gamescom by Stuart Andrews
Here’s the good news about Dragon Age: Inquisition. Even from a quick thirty-minute jaunt at Gamescom 2014 it’s clear that this is a big improvement on the constrained and repetitive Dragon Age 2, and a lot closer to what people really want from a Dragon Age – the depth of a Knights of the Old Republic allied to the looks and action-oriented style of a Mass Effect. This is more than just the old Dragon Age rebuilt in the Frostbite engine. It's a fundamentally better game.

Playing as a female Inquisitor, the Gamescom demo saw us thrown with our party into the Fallow Mire, a vast stretch of misty swampland, where we’re on the search for an inquisition patrol being held by elements of the Avvar tribe. Roaming along pathways and boardwalks, through narrow gulleys and the mire, we tackled undead, monster lizards and demons from the Fade, not to mention hidden villages full of acolytes out for blood.

Everything you want from a Bioware game is here. A party of squabbling allies? Sure. Dialogue choices that define your character and impress or alienate your chums? Check. Large areas to explore and side-quests to pursue? Of course. Journals to read for those obsessed with background lore? Definitely. And those dubious softcore sex scenes which provide the true motivation for half the players? We’re not sure, but we’d guess they’re in here somewhere.
View Quote

Some more video game deals (where I found the code):
https://teksyndicate.com/news/2014/08/27/dragon-age-inquisition-fifa-15-gets-23

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if I will buy it. Bioware has been putting too much gay content to easily ignore in their last few games.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...that's tempting, but I think I'll hold off.  This fall is already going to be a super busy time, and with all the other games coming out around then I probably wouldn't get to Inquisition for a long time.  I think I'll wait until the dead space in summer of next year, and that way I can see how the reviews pan out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I was really let down by Dragon Age: Origins and never played 2.  If this gets good reviews, I will consider picking it up when the price drops.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know if I will buy it. Bioware has been putting too much gay content to easily ignore in their last few games.
View Quote

Their head writer, ironically named David Gaider, is openly gay.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was really let down by Dragon Age: Origins and never played 2.  If this gets good reviews, I will consider picking it up when the price drops.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

DAO was OK....if you don't mind playing a game intended to be played with the world view of someone from the Warhammer 40K universe's Imperium. Two was meh, and forces you to put up with the most obnoxious gay NPC ever....even worse than that wannabee Raiden flamer from Mass Effect 3. I might Gamefly the new one, but I'm not holding out hope it's gonna be better than 2.  

Their head writer, ironically named David Gaider, is openly gay.

It's pretty much policy now...it's cropping up in all thier games. They and EA are pandering to the loons on Kotaku and similar forums who want to cram the Agenda down everyone's throats.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:36:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Dragon Age 2 was the absolute worst "game" I have ever played. I would rather play ET for the Atari for a month straight than even have DA2 in my house. Fuck that game,

Bioware has decided to pander to the SJWs and because of that I will not buy another Bioware game. They need to learn that the group they're focusing on isn't the one that will give them sales.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dragon Age 2 was the absolute worst "game" I have ever played. I would rather play ET for the Atari for a month straight than even have DA2 in my house. Fuck that game,

Bioware has decided to pander to the SJWs and because of that I will not buy another Bioware game. They need to learn that the group they're focusing on isn't the one that will give them sales.
View Quote

The gay as a little strong in DA2 and was annoying when every other dude was hitting on you it seemed like. I can understand if you responded to an NPC with a flirty response, but when the guy just basically says he wants to bed you without hesitation, that's just stupid and unnatural unless you're at a frat party if you're a chick or a gay bar if you're a dude.

I've played far worse games than DA2, but it was not memorable. It was a mediocre game and that's a shame because I loved DA:O. Seems like they really changed their direction they had in mind with the series when they came out with DA2. I figured the whole point of Origins was to start your character's story. Then that character is completely irrelevant come DA2.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The gay as a little strong in DA2 and was annoying when every other dude was hitting on you it seemed like. I can understand if you responded to an NPC with a flirty response, but when the guy just basically says he wants to bed you without hesitation, that's just stupid and unnatural unless you're at a frat party if you're a chick or a gay bar if you're a dude.

I've played far worse games than DA2, but it was not memorable. It was a mediocre game and that's a shame because I loved DA:O. Seems like they really changed their direction they had in mind with the series when they came out with DA2. I figured the whole point of Origins was to start your character's story. Then that character is completely irrelevant come DA2.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DA2's combat was terrible, there were less than five "dungeons", The story, character development and dialogue were atrocious, the mages were supposed to be sympathetic and yet time and time again they demonstrated that the Templars were right, the gay pandering, the shitty city and the overall length compared to DAO all add up to a horrible game. Well, I guess the length was a blessing with as rotten this piece of goose shit was.

Aliens: Colonial Marines was a masterpiece compared to this digital abortion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I reserve judgment
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top