Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2014 2:45:30 AM EDT
Looking to get a joystick for Arma 3, but not wanting to spend a ton of money.

Budget would probably be no more than $30. Not looking for the best, just something that works and makes flying a tad bit smoother.

This one can be had for like $25ish
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:25:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Budget would probably be no more than $30. Not looking for the best, just something that works and makes flying a tad bit smoother.

View Quote

For flying jets or choppers?

Avoid logitech like the plauge their drivers are old and their sticks can only be described as sloppy as an nes controller. I bought that exact version for arma and it was easier just to use a mechanical keyboard.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Avoid logitech like the plauge their drivers are old and their sticks can only be described as sloppy as an nes controller. I bought that exact version for arma and it was easier just to use a mechanical keyboard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought the joystick the OP mentions back in 2009 and it's great.  No issues with any game I used it with...though I never played any of the Arma games.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It will be for both helis and jets. Mostly jets as the helis are cheaper

I guess I'll keep looking on Amazon and dig into some reviews
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Real pilots fly with mouse and keyboard then bail out 50ft off the ground letting their passengers burn to death in the wreck.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Real pilots fly with mouse and keyboard then bail out 50ft off the ground letting their passengers burn to death in the wreck.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/030/111/a4oihl.gif
View Quote

That's what I normally do. Trying to change things up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top