Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2014 1:37:26 AM EDT
Anyone looking forward to this? I expect a solid campaign, just hope Ubi doesn't screw up the MP and map editor this time around.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:51:59 AM EDT
[#1]
ME!!!

Far Cry 2 was one of my favorite games of last gen despite its flaws, and Far Cry 3, retarded story aside, was a blast.  Setting of this one looks rad, and conjures up pleasant memories of Uncharted 2.  The fact that we will now have powered flight as an option is neat.

From the trailer it looks like there will be some weird dream sequence bullshit in the story like there was in 3, so I can only hope that they don't lay that stuff on too thick.  Otherwise, the story so far looks better than 3's was.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:42:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't wait!

I love the stuff the implemented in FC3

Hopefully the multiplayer will be good. Would be nice for a online coop that was more in depth
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#3]
3 was fun as hell. They'll stick to the formula and this one will be to.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't wait!

Hopefully the multiplayer will be good. Would be nice for a online coop that was more in depth
View Quote

They were saying at gamescon you can play the entire campaign with a friend or friends im just hoping uplay doesnt screw up  steam integration.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I enjoyed FC3 and Blood Dragon more than FC2 story mode, but its the map editor that sells the game for me.

FC2 was a pretty good setup...you could build maps then host a playlist in a browser for anyone to join and play. It was a blast and it extended the online for years. Ubi, in their infinite wisdom, decided not only to remove vehicles from FC3 MP but also took away the hosting for custom maps. You could only host online friends, and it was only one map at a time not a playlist.

Get it right this time Ubi and you can have all my money
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I am absolutely looking forward to Far Cry 4 in a year or two when steam marks it down to $9.99 in a holiday sale.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Ubisoft and uPlay can suck it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:26:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I have it preordered. I enjoyed Far Cry 3, even though it was just Assassin's Creed in a FPS format.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They were saying at gamescon you can play the entire campaign with a friend or friends im just hoping uplay doesnt screw up  steam integration.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't wait!

Good! That's what I want to see
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:54:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#11]
If they didnt fire the buthurt shitty author of FC3 then they better have implemented the ability to skip story scenes.

Too long, stupid, and infuriating.    Hated the story of FC3 to the point I was shouting at the TV to hurry the fuck up.    Or would leave the TV on mute and go take a shit while it played through.

Sucked out loud bad.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not super pumped but I'm looking forward to buying it and playing it when it goes on sale if the reviews are good.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If they didnt fire the buthurt shitty author of FC3 then they better have implemented the ability to skip story scenes.

Too long, stupid, and infuriating.    Hated the story of FC3 to the point I was shouting at the TV to hurry the fuck up.    Or would leave the TV on mute and go take a shit while it played through.

Sucked out loud bad.
View Quote

It's a different author.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Really looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Loved the world of 3 with all the hidden tunnels & trails.  2 was a bitch to navigate & go anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Despite the really fucking bad story FC3 really was an outstanding game that I played for hours just fucking around. I hope that the FC4 gameplay is just the same.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Despite the really fucking bad story FC3 really was an outstanding game that I played for hours just fucking around. I hope that the FC4 gameplay is just the same.

View Quote
The gameplay elements will be the same as FC3. Only the story/setting will change

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I haven't played a Far Cry game yet, and have no real plans to start.

I have a somewhat silly and childish hatred towards all things Crytek, and Ubisoft will undoubtedly infect Far Cry 4 with their uPlay garbage, so I don't see it in my future.
View Quote

Uplay is still shit.  The Far Cry label however hasn't been associated with crytek in any way since the first game.  Far Crys 2-4 were developed by Ubi Montreal, not Crytek. They were too busy fucking up the Crysis franchise.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Here's a recent interview with the creative director of FC4, and some good insight about its similarity to FC3

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I loved FC3.  FC4 should be amazing.  Hopefully they hunting and crafting parts will be back.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here's a recent interview with the creative director of FC4, and some good insight about its similarity to FC3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vikmqTsQ4m8

View Quote

Thanks for posting that.  Not terribly happy to hear that the map isn't completely contiguous - in Far Cry 3 after completing the main story both islands were unlocked and you could go to any point on either one at any time.  

Also, am I the only one that thinks Far Cry 4 should have more clothing options or variety for the player character?  From what I've seen so far the protagonist is just running around in a snowstorm at 25,000 feet or whatever with nothing more than a blue long-sleeve shirt and some leather gloves.  

At least it's better than Far Cry 3 where you ran around in the jungle with no camouflage OR gloves.  We have the gloves part nailed this time.  Progress!

ETA:  Here's a narrated runthrough by gamespot with footage of what they played of the new gamescom demo; also has a new version of the E3 demo and some of that weird psychedelic trip stuff.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Thanks for posting that.  Not terribly happy to hear that the map isn't completely contiguous - in Far Cry 3 after completing the main story both islands were unlocked and you could go to any point on either one at any time.  

Also, am I the only one that thinks Far Cry 4 should have more clothing options or variety for the player character?  From what I've seen so far the protagonist is just running around in a snowstorm at 25,000 feet or whatever with nothing more than a blue long-sleeve shirt and some leather gloves.  

At least it's better than Far Cry 3 where you ran around in the jungle with no camouflage OR gloves.  We have the gloves part nailed this time.  Progress!

ETA:  Here's a narrated runthrough by gamespot with footage of what they played of the new gamescom demo; also has a new version of the E3 demo and some of that weird psychedelic trip stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6HAugH7eGM
View Quote
Yeah they have definitely gimped the free roam feature with transitions between areas and limiting the grapple. Ubi always blows sunshine up your ass, but we end up with a beta version on release. You pray they fix it before all the DLC is out because they dump all support then.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:28:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah they have definitely gimped the free roam feature with transitions between areas and limiting the grapple. Ubi always blows sunshine up your ass, but we end up with a beta version on release. You pray they fix it before all the DLC is out because they dump all support then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6HAugH7eGM

I'm sure I'll still have fun, and this is still probably my most anticipated game of the fall for PC.  I can already tell that they've fixed a number of the biggest issues I had with FC3 - the HUD can be turned off, you get the wingsuit much earlier, they have powered flight, the story appears more grounded, etc.  

However, I've been tempering my expectations by reminding myself that at its core this is still a last-gen game.  I'm guessing a lot of the shortcomings I assume will exist in the game, from graphics to AI to lack of free roam and so on will be due in part to the fact that at it's core it's a gimped experience made for the 360 and PS3.  Even with the next gen and PC versions, you can only put so much lipstick on a pig.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks badass.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top