Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2014 5:04:20 AM EDT
I guess all bank robbers wear Gadsden Snakes as gang patches...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/14/enemy-in-new-visceral-single-player-video-game-resembles-racist-tea-partiers-and-part-of-the-mission-is-to-physically-disable-or-kill-them/
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:35:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really surprised. Also still not buying it, literally zero interest in BF4 or sequels

Go onto gog.com and buy a DRM free copy of the old SWAT 3, that's a police game.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/14/enemy-in-new-visceral-single-player-video-game-resembles-racist-tea-partiers-and-part-of-the-mission-is-to-physically-disable-or-kill-them/
View Quote

B-b-but GD can live out their over throwing the Government fantasies by killing police.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]
after witnessing how EA dealt with BF4, EA can go suck a dick....forever.

I STILL can't play the entire single player missions and save.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

B-b-but GD can live out their over throwing the Government fantasies by killing police.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WELL... They are over militarized PoPo... So you have a point.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was going to say.  Half of GD will be furiously masturbating to gameplay footage when it hits the shelves.

OMG cargo pants!  If only they wore heavy wool pants in the summer like civilized agencies!  

Anyway, Hardline is a shitshow no matter how you slice it.  No way it should be any more than an expansion pack to BF4, like Vietnam was to Bad Company 2.  Charging 60 bucks for that when BF4 is still broken?  LOL.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's what I was going to say.  Half of GD will be furiously masturbating to gameplay footage when it hits the shelves.

OMG cargo pants!  If only they wore heavy wool pants in the summer like civilized agencies!  

Anyway, Hardline is a shitshow no matter how you slice it.  No way it should be any more than an expansion pack to BF4, like Vietnam was to Bad Company 2.  Charging 60 bucks for that when BF4 is still broken?  LOL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vietnam came out years before Bad Company. The small expansion for BC2 used most of its resources just reskinned I believe...
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't give two fucks, it's a fucking video game. I'll play it, it's fantasy.

Herp Derp lets find something to complain about.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:26:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll buy it. Not too many games that come out that I find any interest in. So what the hell
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:21:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Vietnam came out years before Bad Company. The small expansion for BC2 used most of its resources just reskinned I believe...
View Quote

Sorry, I meant the newer Bad Company: Vietnam expansion, not the old game.  The thing is, it sure looks like most of the resources from hardline are just reskinned from BF4, making the comparison with the vietnam expansion pretty useful.  The new single player component adds some value, but it doesn't make up the difference to $60.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

And both of you are avid BF4 players and tried the Beta for Hardline?

BC you seem pretty easy to please.  Which is Multiplying the Herp by Derp.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not really surprised. Also still not buying it, literally zero interest in BF4 or sequels

Go onto gog.com and buy a DRM free copy of the old SWAT 3, that's a police game.
View Quote

Too bad SWAT 4 is not being sold anywhere anymore.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Let that butthurt flow bro!  Butthurt over video games, serious shit.  BF4 is an awesome game, had I had something to play when the Hardline beta was a available I would have tried it.  I have watched others playing the beta and they all seemed to like it.  Ill give them my money and enjoy the game, life is good.  To much shit to worry about in life to get pissy over a video game.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:58:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Let that butthurt flow bro!  Butthurt over video games, serious shit.  BF4 is an awesome game, had I had something to play when the Hardline beta was a available I would have tried it.  I have watched others playing the beta and they all seemed to like it.  Ill give them my money and enjoy the game, life is good.  To much shit to worry about in life to get pissy over a video game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

After seeing that towely quote... I rest my case.  Just troll along.  You obviously don't care about how the games keep getting worse and although entertaining, just seem to cater the the 420/hipster crowd...  I'm just mad that they are actually trying to bring a political stance into the damn game(instead of a generic gang).  Oh and charging full price for a re-skinned BF4.  Keep trolling with your prepubescent butthurt rigamarole... it really makes a point.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:04:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Wasn't buying Hardline anyways. Figure out how to release a game that works properly and I'll revisit buying your next shooter, EA.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

After seeing that towely quote... I rest my case.  Just troll along.  You obviously don't care about how the games keep getting worse and although entertaining, just seem to cater the the 420/hipster crowd...  I'm just mad that they are actually trying to bring a political stance into the damn game(instead of a generic gang).  Oh and charging full price for a re-skinned BF4.  Keep trolling with your prepubescent butthurt rigamarole... it really makes a point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

How  are the games getting worse, maybe you could actually make a point instead of blabbering on about trolling because someone doesn't agree with you.  I don't care if its a re-skinned BF4,  BF4 is a blast, it will have new maps with a new main gameplay mode....im in.  Who pays full price for games anymore?  Wait a few months and buy it for half price on Craigslist.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wasn't buying Hardline anyways. Figure out how to release a game that works properly and I'll revisit buying your next shooter, EA.
View Quote

Someone give this man a medal. I'm done with the Battlefield franchise. Peddling broken games and then adding this political nonsense to the mix has soured me on the series. Plenty of other quality games---if I truly feel the need for FPS multiplayer I'll likely stick with Destiny.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Snip*

How  are the games getting worse, maybe you could actually make a point instead of blabbering on about trolling because someone doesn't agree with you.  I don't care if its a re-skinned BF4,  BF4 is a blast, it will have new maps with a new main gameplay mode....im in.  Who pays full price for games anymore?  Wait a few months and buy it for half price on Craigslist.
View Quote

I don't need to make a point, just like your not making a point.  I've stated WHY I dislike where they are taking this franchise.  Both the fact that they are trying bring actual politics in to the game and trying to con people into buying a "new" game when it should be a DLC to BF4 at best.  But your opinion, based on a month of PS4 gameplay is enough to come in here with that "butthurt" General Discussion BS(I blame myself for retorting the other members Herp Derp perhaps).  You only look at it like a fantasy game(like all games, not looking at a bigger picture, IE indoctrination of youths) and made it clear that you would probably buy whatever they pump out regardless.

That's your opinion, as is the fact that you feel BF4 is a great game; not withstanding you were not there when it first released.  Which is where they put out a product that was not finished or properly tested and have been trying to patch it into something playable for the majority of people.  There are just as many people that dislike the game for it's horrible hit detection, latency issues, etc.  As there are those that love it.  Which is way more evident when you look back to when it rolled out.  But folks that don't see that are willing to just piss away money every release, which is what EA counts on.  

Let alone making a stand when they are slapping a/any certain political activist group in the face.  And I don't even have any affiliation with the Tea Party folks.  As I said before(here or otherwise I don't remember), it could have just as easy for them to base the "gangs" on the Black Panthers or Occupy Wall Street groups.  But they chose a group standing up for liberty and gun rights... Which should make some difference since you are obviously a paying member on this site.  To each there own... I have put a lot of money into BF, going back to 1942, plus the recent premium memberships, and I am done doing so.

I've also stated in the BF:HL Beta thread that if I was to buy it it would be after a hefty price drop.  Now I rather up the ante and give them nothing.  Since I play on PC and can't get a used copy on CL.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Take a look at the current state of the FPS genre and tell me that that particular segment of the market (which is considerable) is not getting worse. COD Ghosts and BF4 were abortions. The quality of games in the industry will generally continue to decline so long as people don't see an issue with paying for a re-skinned game (and a broken one at that). As far as waiting a few months, that generally doesn't work with the FPS genre. By that point you're nearly half-way through the life of the game, and if you play with people they may have already moved on to something different.

ETA: Have you only been gaming for one month? I see bullofspadez comment about one month of gaming---am I tracking correctly?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Someone give this man a medal. I'm done with the Battlefield franchise. Peddling broken games and then adding this political nonsense to the mix has soured me on the series. Plenty of other quality games---if I truly feel the need for FPS multiplayer I'll likely stick with Destiny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have big hopes for The Division, although I hate all that gadget crud; drones with guns and robo mines... Since they aren't releasing Destiny on PC for now if ever(last I heard).
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have big hopes for The Division, although I hate all that gadget crud; drones with guns and robo mines... Since they aren't releasing Destiny on PC for now if ever(last I heard).
View Quote

I feel the same---The Division looks good but I am cautiously optimistic. Destiny is not slated for a PC release
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

After seeing that towely quote..
. I rest my case.  Just troll along.  You obviously don't care about how the games keep getting worse and although entertaining, just seem to cater the the 420/hipster crowd...  I'm just mad that they are actually trying to bring a political stance into the damn game(instead of a generic gang).  Oh and charging full price for a re-skinned BF4.  Keep trolling with your prepubescent butthurt rigamarole... it really makes a point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

After seeing that towely quote..
. I rest my case.  Just troll along.  You obviously don't care about how the games keep getting worse and although entertaining, just seem to cater the the 420/hipster crowd...  I'm just mad that they are actually trying to bring a political stance into the damn game(instead of a generic gang).  Oh and charging full price for a re-skinned BF4.  Keep trolling with your prepubescent butthurt rigamarole... it really makes a point.

What quote?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Take a look at the current state of the FPS genre and tell me that that particular segment of the market (which is considerable) is not getting worse. COD Ghosts and BF4 were abortions. The quality of games in the industry will generally continue to decline so long as people don't see an issue with paying for a re-skinned game (and a broken one at that). As far as waiting a few months, that generally doesn't work with the FPS genre. By that point you're nearly half-way through the life of the game, and if you play with people they may have already moved on to something different.

ETA: Have you only been gaming for one month? I see bullofspadez comment about one month of gaming---am I tracking correctly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have  only had my PS4 and BF4 for one month.  Which I said might be the reason why I didn't see any of the problems that were happening when it rolled out.  Again I don't see them as abortions, playing on console I now have 64 players, larger squads, commander is back....and its a beautiful game.  I enjoy it.  to each there own, I play games to have fun, I have fun playing BF4. I have played every BF made, and enjoyed them all....the best IMO being BF2 Reality Mod.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't need to make a point, just like your not making a point.  I've stated WHY I dislike where they are taking this franchise.  Both the fact that they are trying bring actual politics in to the game and trying to con people into buying a "new" game when it should be a DLC to BF4 at best.  But your opinion, based on a month of PS4 gameplay is enough to come in here with that "butthurt" General Discussion BS(I blame myself for retorting the other members Herp Derp perhaps).  You only look at it like a fantasy game(like all games, not looking at a bigger picture, IE indoctrination of youths) and made it clear that you would probably buy whatever they pump out regardless.

That's your opinion, as is the fact that you feel BF4 is a great game; not withstanding you were not there when it first released.  Which is where they put out a product that was not finished or properly tested and have been trying to patch it into something playable for the majority of people.  There are just as many people that dislike the game for it's horrible hit detection, latency issues, etc.  As there are those that love it.  Which is way more evident when you look back to when it rolled out.  But folks that don't see that are willing to just piss away money every release, which is what EA counts on.  

Let alone making a stand when they are slapping a/any certain political activist group in the face.  And I don't even have any affiliation with the Tea Party folks.  As I said before(here or otherwise I don't remember), it could have just as easy for them to base the "gangs" on the Black Panthers or Occupy Wall Street groups.  But they chose a group standing up for liberty and gun rights... Which should make some difference since you are obviously a paying member on this site.  To each there own... I have put a lot of money into BF, going back to 1942, plus the recent premium memberships, and I am done doing so.

I've also stated in the BF:HL Beta thread that if I was to buy it it would be after a hefty price drop.  Now I rather up the ante and give them nothing.  Since I play on PC and can't get a used copy on CL.
View Quote

I understand what your saying, I will apologize for the butthurt comment.  Again, I got in late so never saw the problems when they rolled the game out.  As far as hit detection, I don't see it as any different then BF3, I only play hardcore on both and my KD isn't any different between the two games.  Maybe I'm just lucky, I don't know.  I do know I enjoy the game, which is a point of  a video game.  If I let my political views get involved in my entertainment, I would have no music to listen to, no TV, no movies or games.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What quote?
View Quote

He is referring to my sig line, which is a quote from you, about games, which I don't remember when or in what context you said it....nor did I even remember I had a sig line until replying in this thread...
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have  only had my PS4 and BF4 for one month.  Which I said might be the reason why I didn't see any of the problems that were happening when it rolled out.  Again I don't see them as abortions, playing on console I now have 64 players, larger squads, commander is back....and its a beautiful game.  I enjoy it.  to each there own, I play games to have fun, I have fun playing BF4. I have played every BF made, and enjoyed them all....the best IMO being BF2 Reality Mod.
View Quote

I see. I bought both the PS4 and BF4 at launch. The game was an unmitigated disaster for months after release. Those who paid for Premium were screwed as their content releases were delayed. There are still issues with it on PS4.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Never mind bad linky I think... tried to fix embed

eta
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I understand what your saying, I will apologize for the butthurt comment.  Again, I got in late so never saw the problems when they rolled the game out.  As far as hit detection, I don't see it as any different then BF3, I only play hardcore on both and my KD isn't any different between the two games.  Maybe I'm just lucky, I don't know.  I do know I enjoy the game, which is a point of  a video game.  If I let my political views get involved in my entertainment, I would have no music to listen to, no TV, no movies or games.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya... I try not to let it get to me as I like games as well.  But this one is too much to handle.  There will be so many kids that don't even learn about the term Don't Tread On Me while in 99% of schools.  Now add  to it every time they see a Gadsden Flag flying on the front porch of some neighbor what they will be thinking.  How many parents just buy little Jimmy that new game to shut him up... there isn't enough parenting going on to combat half of the BS kids get told(or lack there of) or shown.  They really are trying to undo the entire idea what came about from the result of the Revolutionary war.  Hell they aren't even connecting the dots to the type of evil Hitler was.  It's a sad state being a parent and trying to added the better details to the crap they are leaving out at schools.

Just my parental thoughts behind my stance on this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He is referring to my sig line, which is a quote from you, about games, which I don't remember when or in what context you said it....nor did I even remember I had a sig line until replying in this thread...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What quote?

Ha, I completely forgot about that.  Not the worst quote of mine out there in someone's sig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top