BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else get the special white tier Auto Rifle that drops from the Knights that can be upgraded into an exotic? I got it last night. I kind of like little things like this.

View Quote

I am hoping to score it over the course of the weekend. That is step 1 in building the Necromancer.

Was planning to reboot my Plan C but then I got the arc fusion rifle from the Crota raid. Really good charge rate and equal mag cap. Doesn't have the quick draw perk but does have rapid reload.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not yet. I'm going to go Knight hunting this weekend to see if I can grab one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else get the special white tier Auto Rifle that drops from the Knights that can be upgraded into an exotic? I got it last night. I kind of like little things like this.

FYI for those who don't know: First TDB mission "Fist of Crota" is now re-playable and you can run right past the witch in the beginning to find a Blade of Crota Knight in the next room. Kill it, go to orbit, reload the mission, kill it again, go to orbit, reload, etc. until you get the special white auto rifle.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
FYI for those who don't know: First TDB mission "Fist of Crota" is now re-playable and you can run right past the witch in the beginning to find a Blade of Crota Knight in the next room. Kill it, go to orbit, reload the mission, kill it again, go to orbit, reload, etc. until you get the special white auto rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

took me 2 days of that though.  My luck isn't as good as some.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I need to run "defend the warmind" and "? crota" story missions (#2 and #3) both on Heroic which is level 30 for Eris bounties. Anyone else care to join me?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#6]
i think i needed both of them but on separate toons.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I need to run "defend the warmind" and "? crota" story missions (#2 and #3) both on Heroic which is level 30 for Eris bounties. Anyone else care to join me?
View Quote

If you see me on send an invite

Drugmanrx
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I need a Crota run on my hunter. Might be on to do that. Late though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#10]
If I'm on, send me an invite for Crota
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Just cheesed crota. Super easy. Got the ur yut machine gun, shader, banner and energy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]
My son ran the raid a few times with some of his friends last night. Exotic helmet, raid gauntlets, raid chest, just need raid boots. I'm gonna hop on here in a bit and do some bounties. Holler if you need somebody, and I'll switch to my Warlock and give it a shot or twelve.

Xbone: UnwiseTadpole

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a Crota checkpoint.  Group I was with couldn't cheese him or beat him straight up.  I should be on most of the afternoon/evening tomorrow if anyone wants to give it a shot.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a Crota checkpoint.  Group I was with couldn't cheese him or beat him straight up.  I should be on most of the afternoon/evening tomorrow if anyone wants to give it a shot.
View Quote

I'm down to cheese him with you tonight. My alt hasn't done it yet. Level 31 hunter.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#15]
PSA

If all you want is an Atheon Hard CP..all you have to do is ask

No need to invite me to your party chat/game, "mute me", then explain your plan to your five other teamates that you already had thinking I can't hear you because you muted me...morons on DestinyLFG

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Just tried to cheese crota with randoms from LFG. They couldn't even cheese him .
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't even know how to find randoms on LFG (don't know what it is). I know I'm missing out on a big part of the game, but I always miss the raid parties.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#19]
www.destinylfg.net

LFG means looking for group. Just hop on there, use the drop down menu to select what you're looking for and all the people wanting people for that activity will pop up. You can also post ads of your own.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#20]
just wanted to thank ravaal and some others from the ps4 psn arfcom clan. they ran me through VOG hard for my first time last night. went pretty smooth until atheon, that alon took a couple hours with 5(31's) and me at lvl 30. was fun.

need to do crota next. maybe christmas eve or christmas night.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Haha, just talked to my son, he said he played with some of you guys the other night. Hopefully he was a well-mannered young man (16).

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Does Xbox have a clan/group? I couldn't find one in this thread
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
just wanted to thank ravaal and some others from the ps4 psn arfcom clan. they ran me through VOG hard for my first time last night. went pretty smooth until atheon, that alon took a couple hours with 5(31's) and me at lvl 30. was fun.

View Quote

Damn! Have none of you really done it before?

Takes me with a group of randoms (30-31) around 20 minutes to kill aethon.  (no cheese)

With my dedicated group we do it in about 10 minutes with two teleports.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Double tap.

May as well fill this one in.

Cheesed crota on my alt and got the Hunger of Crota rocket launcher.  Looks like a Hezen Vengance with tracking...should be fun.

Anyone get the Fusion Rifle yet?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Takes me with a group of randoms (30-31) around 20 minutes to kill aethon.  (no cheese)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ya i made some mistakes, plus it glitched on a few times, people would get stuck in the teleport gate

on the winning fight, there were only 3 teleports i think it was really about an hour, but seemeed much longer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ya i made some mistakes, plus it glitched on a few times, people would get stuck in the teleport gate

on the winning fight, there were only 3 teleports i think it was really about an hour, but seemeed much longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That explains it. We've had runs like that before. Only teleporting one guy, teleporting people in detainment shields, all kinds of other dumb shit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That explains it. We've had runs like that before. Only teleporting one guy, teleporting people in detainment shields, all kinds of other dumb shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, we had one hell of a buggy raid last night. During one teleport, me, the relic holder and one other got trapped coming through the gate. One teleport to mars, we were met by the hobgoblins already halfway up the stairs and lighting us up the second we teleported. Oracles that wouldn't die. The supplicants were doing weird shit too. Xerith called it out a few times before I caught on. And then throw in some dumb mistakes here and there by each of us and it went way longer than it should have. Normally we go start to finish in about 50 minutes. Last night was pushing two hours. Infuriating to say the least.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Hammr has one, he says it's pretty good.

I got the Black Hammer sniper rifle yesterday.  I'm on the last tier of upgrades with it, I've been leveling it with bounties.  

I used it a little screwing around on the second run yesterday after everyone else switched to their alts, that thing wrecks Hive knights.  With no upgrades at level 31, I was getting 4500ish damage crits on the boomer knights during the Crota fight.  I think I was getting 4200 or so crits with a fully upgraded post patch Icebreaker.  I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll do next week with hive disruptor and a couple of damage upgrades.

View Quote

From what I've read, you don't want to upgrade the hive disruptor perk on the sniper rifle yet. It's bugged and will break the white nail perk:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2pp0ae/sga_black_hammer_sniper_do_not_purchase_the_bonus/

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I got the Black Hammer sniper rifle yesterday.  I'm on the last tier of upgrades with it, I've been leveling it with bounties.  

I used it a little screwing around on the second run yesterday after everyone else switched to their alts, that thing wrecks Hive knights.  With no upgrades at level 31, I was getting 4500ish damage crits on the boomer knights during the Crota fight.  I think I was getting 4200 or so crits with a fully upgraded post patch Icebreaker.  I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll do next week with hive disruptor and a couple of damage upgrades.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Double tap.

May as well fill this one in.

Cheesed crota on my alt and got the Hunger of Crota rocket launcher.  Looks like a Hezen Vengance with tracking...should be fun.

Anyone get the Fusion Rifle yet?

I'm digging the raid fusion rifle. Plan C hasn't left my vault since I got it. It has a really fast charge rate and 7 or 8 round magazine. Throw in the hive disruptor perk to boot and it is a nasty little toy. I doubt Plan C will ever make my loadout again.

ETA: Anyone score the scout rifle or handcannon from crota yet? Dying to know if this DLC/raid will have a comparable upgrade to VOC and Fatebringer.  IMO, the two most effective and versatile weapons in the game to date.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:17:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm digging the raid fusion rifle. Plan C hasn't left my vault since I got it. It has a really fast charge rate and 7 or 8 round magazine. Throw in the hive disruptor perk to boot and it is a nasty little toy. I doubt Plan C will ever make my loadout again.

ETA: Anyone score the scout rifle or handcannon from crota yet? Dying to know if this DLC/raid will have a comparable upgrade to VOC and Fatebringer.  IMO, the two most effective and versatile weapons in the game to date.
View Quote

Primary raid weapons are for hard mode only. The only difference between this raids Scout Rifle is that it isn't full auto. Has the same impact. The handcannon is also just like the Fatebringer, only does void damage.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:21:23 AM EDT
[#34]
My Black Hammer is fully upgraded. I've noticed it has issues with the White Nail perk on some Hive Majors, not Ultras. For those that don't know, majors are the enemies that have names such as Hallowed Knight or Swordbearer. Ultras are Phogoth, Crota, Omnigul, etc.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:37:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Does Xbox have a clan/group? I couldn't find one in this thread
View Quote

Links are in the OP
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#37]
I think I need another alt. Out of shit to do with both my hunters until tomorrow.

My Titan is at level 8, guess I'll level him up to 20 and start grinding for gear.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'd almost rather it have the chance of refilling the mag as opposed to doing it always. You could really cheese some encounters if it refilled the mag always - headshot something to stun lock it and keep shooting till it's dead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Black Hammer is fully upgraded. I've noticed it has issues with the White Nail perk on some Hive Majors, not Ultras. For those that don't know, majors are the enemies that have names such as Hallowed Knight or Swordbearer. Ultras are Phogoth, Crota, Omnigul, etc.

I'd almost rather it have the chance of refilling the mag as opposed to doing it always. You could really cheese some encounters if it refilled the mag always - headshot something to stun lock it and keep shooting till it's dead.

From experience, it makes almost every strike boss easy mode. Only exceptions are Valus Ta'aurc and Omnigul.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

From experience, it makes almost every strike boss easy mode. Only exceptions are Valus Ta'aurc and Omnigul.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trade off is small mag/reserve ammo, it only procs if you get the shots off in a short time frame, and all 3 have to crit else you need to reload and will run out of ammo quickly.  It isn't as easy as one might think unless you can find a solid sniper spot.  It is situationally excellent, otherwise it is no better than Ice Breaker.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The trade off is small mag/reserve ammo, it only procs if you get the shots off in a short time frame, and all 3 have to crit else you need to reload and will run out of ammo quickly.  It isn't as easy as one might think unless you can find a solid sniper spot.  It is situationally excellent, otherwise it is no better than Ice Breaker.
View Quote

And potentially worse as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think Icebreaker is ultimately more versatile, but Black Hammer is gonna be a close second.
View Quote

I'm really hoping for an icebreaker on this upcoming nightfall. One day I'll get one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Ice Breaker is still the best sniper in the game, in my opinion. The advantage to Black Hammer is its higher impact and the fact it won't use up an Exotic slot in your inventory.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That Black Hammer is not an exotic is a nice thing at times. I like to use Gjallarhorn for the raid, for example. That's kinda why I want Praedyth's Revenge as well, I didn't really have a good legendary sniper rifle.

Although now in most cases, I use Hezen Vengeance as a heavy and icebreaker for my special. That might change if I ever get an exotic primary I really like.
View Quote

Suros is decent but I like having elemental damage on my primary.  There's always the Vex if you have one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#46]
The Last Word is my go-to Exotic primary. Not sure why, I just enjoy using it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well, I mainly want Suros for PvP. I really want Fatebringer more than anything (hint, hint, anybody up for a hard mode vault run?)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That Black Hammer is not an exotic is a nice thing at times. I like to use Gjallarhorn for the raid, for example. That's kinda why I want Praedyth's Revenge as well, I didn't really have a good legendary sniper rifle.

Although now in most cases, I use Hezen Vengeance as a heavy and icebreaker for my special. That might change if I ever get an exotic primary I really like.

Suros is decent but I like having elemental damage on my primary.  There's always the Vex if you have one.

Well, I mainly want Suros for PvP. I really want Fatebringer more than anything (hint, hint, anybody up for a hard mode vault run?)

What system? i would be up for doing it again after the reset on tuesday. <--PS4
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm on the XBone, unfortunately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What system? i would be up for doing it again after the reset on tuesday. <--PS4

I'm on the XBone, unfortunately.

I'm down after the reset. Already did it on both my guys.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top