Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

CS:Source was the shit back in the day - AWP and desert eagle at Dust/Dust2! Had a ton of fun playing CAL and that other lower league cant remember the name of it now. I used to wait up playing that then when my daughter was a baby, I'd play feed her then play and hang with her for another hour.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the last week there have been 3 days now where I come home from work and my wife basically goes to her bedroom and closes the door, leaving me to clean up the house and watch the 3 year old. So it's been taking me a little extra effort to try and get on by 9PM- I also started going to the Gym again, which is a good thing.

Been there man, do your part, she needs the help more than us guys can understand.  I had to do that when I played CS:Source and my youngest was 3.  Got him his own set of headphones and he'd sit up and watch me play.  Kid never slept, his bedtime ended up being 2-7am.  Fortunately I worked from home, so I was able to stay up and work while he was up, then rack out when my wife got up in the morning.

CS:Source was the shit back in the day - AWP and desert eagle at Dust/Dust2! Had a ton of fun playing CAL and that other lower league cant remember the name of it now. I used to wait up playing that then when my daughter was a baby, I'd play feed her then play and hang with her for another hour.

I used to be mildly competitive.  Was an administrator at Hardfought.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Been there man, do your part, she needs the help more than us guys can understand.  I had to do that when I played CS:Source and my youngest was 3.  Got him his own set of headphones and he'd sit up and watch me play.  Kid never slept, his bedtime ended up being 2-7am.  Fortunately I worked from home, so I was able to stay up and work while he was up, then rack out when my wife got up in the morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the last week there have been 3 days now where I come home from work and my wife basically goes to her bedroom and closes the door, leaving me to clean up the house and watch the 3 year old. So it's been taking me a little extra effort to try and get on by 9PM- I also started going to the Gym again, which is a good thing.

Lol. I have to keep my mic on mute because about half the time I've got a 7 year old constantly asking me why we can't co-op Destiny like we can his games.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I am seriously thinking about deleting my Hunter and going with a third Warlock - part of me says be patient and wait it out and the other part really doesn't want to farm sapphire wire and wait for RNG to bless me. (I have more than enough warlock material at 1100+)

Am I just out of my mind here?

My Hunter is lvl 30 with Raid boots but I need Raid gloves and a helmet or chest piece. I am hoping I get something tonight from the first two drops of Crota.

Both of my Warlocks are easily 31 and I only need a chest piece or a helmet for 32.

As a side note thanks to the wonderful RNG I now have enough Radiant Energy to level up a full weapon and a half once I get something from Crota worth leveling.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Getting online now if anyone wants to do VOG fresh, normal or hard.  I'm on PS3 though....  add dbs179
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Actually the Mythoclast that drops in the VOG is 323 attack.
View Quote

^
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
331. Only exotic in the vault that drops at the new higher level. All others (I know because I've gotten 2 since the expansion) drop with 300 max attack. They're still good, you just need to see Xur to upgrade them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm still salty about Ajek getting the damn Mythoclast last night.

Not really, but dammit. Only three pieces I'm after in the vault is Mythoclast, Fatebringer and Praedyth's Revenge.

FWIW, in all the times I ran the Vault, the only armor I ever received was the boots.  If it wasn't for the expansion coming out, all three of my characters would still be stuck at 29.  

I also don't have Fatebringer or Praedyth's Timepiece, so no primary with arc damage.

If mythoclast drops in the VOG now is it 331 atk or 300 atk?

331. Only exotic in the vault that drops at the new higher level. All others (I know because I've gotten 2 since the expansion) drop with 300 max attack. They're still good, you just need to see Xur to upgrade them.
Are you sure?

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are you sure?  
View Quote

Yes. I got a patience and time from the chest before the Gorgons that was 300 max attack and I got the last word from Aethon two days ago that was also 300 max attack.  The vex is confirmed to drop at the higher attack level.

If you get them just wait until Xur is selling the upgrades and you'll have the new version. Don't waste your energy upgrading them until you get the new version from Xur.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't know why I didn't come here sooner...

I'm on Xbox1 (TinyDancer0912) and frequent Destiny a lot. A buddy and mine are constantly on and we're always looking for a third in the FT...
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAN I WAS A CS/CS:SOURCE addict. loved that game
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm on Xbox1 (TinyDancer0912) and frequent Destiny a lot. A buddy and mine are constantly on and we're always looking for a third in the FT...
View Quote

Add me:
djkest
better yet send me a message. I still need a couple Nightfalls and Weeklies. :)
Paul, Lucky, did it work out last night after I left?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am seriously thinking about deleting my Hunter and going with a third Warlock - part of me says be patient and wait it out and the other part really doesn't want to farm sapphire wire and wait for RNG to bless me. (I have more than enough warlock material at 1100+)

Am I just out of my mind here?

My Hunter is lvl 30 with Raid boots but I need Raid gloves and a helmet or chest piece. I am hoping I get something tonight from the first two drops of Crota.

Both of my Warlocks are easily 31 and I only need a chest piece or a helmet for 32.

As a side note thanks to the wonderful RNG I now have enough Radiant Energy to level up a full weapon and a half once I get something from Crota worth leveling.
View Quote

Considering it as well.  My son loves his titan, but he only plays a couple hours a week at best.  I can have him a 31 warlock in 1 day, and swap gear to raid 3x a week.  I wish it was easier to level multiple classes, but I don't have the time or desire to grind it out on a different subclass.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Add me:
djkest
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add me:
djkest

Yes, we picked up 2 other dudes and knocked it out on the 5th try.  All of the failures were due to just terrible luck: bad boomer spawn, swordbearer wouldn't pull, controller batteries dying.  Hell my batteries died in the middle of the fight we finished, was totally stressed standing on the stairs running for a new controller while everyone started covering me from the safe room.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone want to run Crota today? I haven't done it yet on any of my 30s.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Add me:
djkest
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add me:
djkest

Yep we made it through, I got one more run of the first two drops of Crota I was gonna try tonight, then I was thinking it might be time to VoG on Hard or Normal, I just want to try my luck on the exotic chest and gatekeeper drop. I also need the gatekeeper cp to farm glimmer for Xur this weekend if I remember right it is way faster than any other spot.

Edit: horrible luck all week in RNG BTW
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone see the 1 main raid?

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone want to run Crota today? I haven't done it yet on any of my 30s.
View Quote

I'm down for tonight. Should be on around 9PM
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep we made it through, I got one more run of the first two drops of Crota I was gonna try tonight, then I was thinking it might be time to VoG on Hard or Normal, I just want to try my luck on the exotic chest and gatekeeper drop. I also need the gatekeeper cp to farm glimmer for Xur this weekend if I remember right it is way faster than any other spot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add me:
djkest

While i know they didn't update the damage on VoG exotics, did they add the new exotics to the loot table?  I'm all about a hard mode run.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

While i know they didn't update the damage on VoG exotics, did they add the new exotics to the loot table?  I'm all about a hard mode run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add me:
djkest

As far as I know they did not. Only pre expansion exotics from the VoG.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add me:
djkest

Not sure, but that would be badass -  I just want a chance at the Ballerhorn
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's hilarious that so many cheeses have been found so quickly.

Based on what I've read, it's possible to solo all the way to Crota and it's possible to 2-man Crota.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beat Crota twice last night with a random group that was doing Kneeling glitch.  It made beating so easy, took about five minutes each time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjqU6OzGzNU

It's hilarious that so many cheeses have been found so quickly.

Based on what I've read, it's possible to solo all the way to Crota and it's possible to 2-man Crota.

Its kind of annoying, because normal mode is so easy legit. Now all of these will likely be patched before hard mode comes out, and it actually matters.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually the Mythoclast that drops in the VOG is 323 attack.

^

This.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone need the last Eris mission before Xur is back tonight?  I've got to go do the arena mission with the urn later tonight and could use a hand on lvl 30.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Date nite and christmas shopping no destiny hammer you will have to carry quintin on your own.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I will be glad to if we get enough players together. I need ascendant shards something fierce. With the guys I run it with, we can burn through normal mode pretty quick.

Shoot me a friend request. PSN: Ravaal
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ok im now level 28. will be level 29 on friday when i can get my first exotic shard. then 30 when i get another 50 vanguard marks for a legendary helm. i have yet to play crota's end or VOG.

i am on PS4 username pjgamber. would love to have someone run me through VOG saturday night. any takers?

I will be glad to if we get enough players together. I need ascendant shards something fierce. With the guys I run it with, we can burn through normal mode pretty quick.

Shoot me a friend request. PSN: Ravaal
Yea, this should not be a problem.  Maybe afterwe take you through nnormal we can take you through HM.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:05:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Got my alt to 20, did the nightfall. Strange coins while the other two got exotics...again. Seriously bad luck with RNG.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#27]
So did the Crota cheat on my 3 toons.  Heck why not do it until its fixed.  I ended up with the 2x machine gun, shotgun, shards, 3x shaders, 2x emblems and 1 titan helm.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Fuck Xur. Still no icebreaker or ballerhorn. God. Dammit.

Some dude on reddit is supposedly going to eat his pubes now since Xur isn't selling either one of those.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Some dude on reddit is supposedly going to eat his pubes now since Xur isn't selling either one of those.
View Quote

I know, right? Brings the fucking Patience and Time 3 times, and Plan C twice before he brings the Ice Breaker one more time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So did the Crota cheat on my 3 toons.  Heck why not do it until its fixed.  I ended up with the 2x machine gun, shotgun, shards, 3x shaders, 2x emblems and 1 titan helm.
View Quote

The entire raid is stupidly easy now and is broken. If only people could have been more patient to leak these glitches for the hard mode raid. The normal raid is pretty fucking easy to do legitimately.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The entire raid is stupidly easy now and is broken. If only people could have been more patient to leak these glitches for the hard mode raid. The normal raid is pretty fucking easy to do legitimately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah the bungie devs are looking pretty incompetent.  Don't get me wrong, this is a fun raid, but geez.  Though I give credit to some of these players for getting finding this stuff out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Has he ever sold Gjallarhorn?  I think you'd have a better chance of getting it as a loot drop. I got mine from the vault, so did Goose, and cam got one from a nightfall.

Me personally, I was hoping for Suros. I already have a maxed P&T, I'll re roll it whenever it becomes available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has he ever sold Gjallarhorn?  I think you'd have a better chance of getting it as a loot drop. I got mine from the vault, so did Goose, and cam got one from a nightfall.

Me personally, I was hoping for Suros. I already have a maxed P&T, I'll re roll it whenever it becomes available.

Once. I also got my Gjallarhorn from a chest in the Vault of Glass.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Guess I am saving my coins again.  Xur is about a worthless SOB.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he sold it once. I bought a Suros when he sold it and upgraded it with him last week.

I'm trying the loot drop route but it's not happening. Hopefully now that I have an alt I'll have a better chance.

I already have a P&T, just need to re roll it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm glad he's selling the Ruin Wings again...I meant to get them last week but got back late Saturday night from a trip and forgot to hop on and buy them.

Also gonna upgrade my Mida and go ahead and grab Patience and Time since I passed the last time he sold it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a P&T, but I think I'm just going to go ahead and get this new one.  It's really not any more expensive to just buy the new one than it is to upgrade.

If you upgrade, it takes 7SC(for shard) + 7k glimmer + your old gun + another 7SC (exotic shard) for the final upgrade.
If you just buy it out right, it cost 17SC and you can dismantle your current P&T for the exotic shard for the final upgrade.  Until you get new P&T upgraded up above the old you could still use the old one.

Upgrade = 14SC + 7kGlimmer
Buy and use old one for shard = 17SC

And I got those damn warlock gloves in a drop earlier this week.  XUR has nothing for me, he makes me angry.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Well looks like another 200 heavy ammo synths for me.

I will likely upgrade Truth, Thorn, and Heart of Praxic Fire, timing is great since that means my Warlock will finally hit lvl 30.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I have a P&T, but I think I'm just going to go ahead and get this new one.  It's really not any more expensive to just buy the new one than it is to upgrade.

If you upgrade, it takes 7SC(for shard) + 7k glimmer + your old gun + another 7SC (exotic shard) for the final upgrade.

If you just buy it out right, it cost 17SC and you can dismantle your current P&T for the exotic shard for the final upgrade.  Until you get new P&T upgraded up above the old you could still use the old one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very good point!

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#40]
I'll probably pickup P&T too. I can never have enough sniper rifles

Damn Ruin Wings again? Lame.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Forgot to ask what is he offering for upgrade this week?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Forgot to ask what is he offering for upgrade this week?
View Quote

http://destinydb.com/news/posts/100-xur-agent-of-the-nine-has-arrived-12-19-12-21

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And I got those damn warlock gloves in a drop earlier this week.  XUR has nothing for me, he makes me angry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't argue with your logic. Guess I'll buy the new one and dismantle the old.  I have two old versions of The Last Word in my vault. They're not a great revolver for PvE and I'm not a big fan of PvP so I'm debating whether or not to break them down or keep them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#45]
I am going to buy a Patience and Time, possibly upgrade Plan C, and then buy 200-300 Heavy ammo synthesis.

I am just fine with this...
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#46]
yeah I bought P&T.  I will only upgrade those weapons/armors that are REALLY used.  Otherwise, I'll save my money and wait till them come up again for sale or I get them in a drop.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
yeah I bought P&T.  I will only upgrade those weapons/armors that are REALLY used.  Otherwise, I'll save my money and wait till them come up again for sale or I get them in a drop.
View Quote

I'm getting P&T some ammo synths and that's probably it.  I got the lock gloves in a drop this week so I don't need them, and the only exotic weapon I have to upgrade is Universal Remote, I'm not upgrading it though as I've used it a couple of times in PVP and just can't see the pros to it since they nerfed the range, it will probably be sharded eventually.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#48]
I ended up dismantling my old P&T, bought a new one.  Upgraded my Monte Carlo, upgraded one of my Truth's, dismantled the other and bought two helmet engrams.  Overall, pretty good week for me, even though I'm still waiting on a Gjallarhorn.  At least I was able to upgrade my icebreaker last week and have it maxed out again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Anyone else get the special white tier Auto Rifle that drops from the Knights that can be upgraded into an exotic? I got it last night. I kind of like little things like this.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Anyone else get the special white tier Auto Rifle that drops from the Knights that can be upgraded into an exotic? I got it last night. I kind of like little things like this.

View Quote

Not yet. I'm going to go Knight hunting this weekend to see if I can grab one.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top