Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Oooh... The new Battlefield is alt history WWI  64 player maps, the "largest" vehicles they've ever made (including zepplins) and calvary.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey guys,

I got this game when it first came out and then I stopped playing right before rise of the king expansion? or whatever the expansion was that came after trials thing. Anyways I was prettty well geared at the time and I am sure that has changed but I have been thinking of picking this back up. Any of you on the ps3  game?
View Quote

Yea, send a friend invite to same username as my account here.  I'm cycling down on my playtime since I've hit light cap but if I see you on I will help you through whatever activity you're doing.  If you want to get in to groups go to destinylfg.net or the100.io  and just friend a bunch of people.  I hit the friend list cap pretty quickly and just trim off people that don't play anymore or are jerks, keeps me filled up on invites whenever I login and want to do something.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hard mode or noob mode?  I'm up for a noob mode run if you guys can put up with my jumping puzzle deaths.  I might be able to do hard mode too (319 light), but I don't know the differences in the mechanics.
View Quote

If your comfortable with normal, HM isn't much different.
The only thing you'll need to be okay with is being torn at the daughters fight since it's random.

I'd be up for a HM run but chances are I won't be able to get on.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't feel like anything was that complicated, but I've only done one run and didn't do Oryx.  I'm just really bad at jumping.  If I was the one who got torn at daughters, it resulted in a wipe.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I finally had a couple good main weapons drop.  Looking for some thoughts on what is worth upgrading/infusing or if I should hold out for a better item/roll.

PvP
Haakon's Hatchet at 307 attack.  Grave Robber || Fitted Stock / Hand-Laid Stock / Armor Piercing Rounds || Exhumed

I've had really good luck with this in PvP, but haven't spent the matterials to upgrade it.  Grave Robber and Exumed just seem like meh rolls to me.  I'm thinking this is worth infusing, but open to suggestions.

PvE
Not Like the Others at 313 attack (scout).  MD-Reflex / Red Dot-ORA / OEG Riflescope || Icarus || Explosive Rounds / Oiled Frame / Malleus Maleficarum || Guerilla Fighter
Treads Upon Stars  at 313 attack (scout).  Focus Lens FLS2 / Ranged Lens RLR5 / Quickdraw IS || Hot Swap || Field Scout / Feather Mag / Demotion || Hidden Hand

I think the Not Like the Others is the better option due to the explosive rounds even though the Icarus and Guerilla fighter seem pretty bad.  Treads Upon Stars seems to be a slightly better weapon, but Hidden Hand seems like the only real perk.  Anyway, looking for input here too.  I don't have enough weapons to infuse everything and I'm going to need to farm for materials for whatever I decide on, so just trying to be efficient at this point.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally did a Challenge of the Elders. Got the hand cannon at 326 with a meh roll, a pair of 325 gloves with an identical roll to the 325s I've been wearing, a 323 Queensbreaker Bow, and a 326 ghost shell. Brought me up from 320 to 321, but I'M STILL WEARING THIS STUPID 304 HELMET. Every other slot is 320+, and I can't get a helmet upgrade to save my life.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Somebody talk me in to playing this game again. I started to get a raid together a couple weeks ago but said fuck it. What is actually new in the expansion, not rehashed junk with a slightly different spin on it but entirely new?
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Somebody talk me in to playing this game again. I started to get a raid together a couple weeks ago but said fuck it. What is actually new in the expansion, not rehashed junk with a slightly different spin on it but entirely new?
View Quote

Poe has a new mode

Poe has a new twist

Light level 335.  Item drops have been better

Some weapons from year one made it to year 2 now.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Poe has a new mode

Poe has a new twist

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poe has a new mode

Poe has a new twist

So nothing then? I thought I read somewhere there was a totally new strike or something?
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So nothing then? I thought I read somewhere there was a totally new strike or something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poe has a new mode

Poe has a new twist

oh ya, theres a new strike

i only played it once for the new taken sword which is only a legendary at 320.

There is those sterling treasure chest too which gives you new armor at light level 3.  Infusion is 1:1 now as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have basically given up and are counting there losses for this year.  There main focus is on destiny 2 at this point.  I've noticed a lot of people complaining about this game and others.  I have noticed one common denominator with most of them and it is activision.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There is those sterling treasure chest too which gives you new armor at light level 3.  Infusion is 1:1 now as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poe has a new mode

Poe has a new twist

Dude, don't forget about that sexy magical chroma glow.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They have basically given up and are counting there losses for this year.  There main focus is on destiny 2 at this point.  I've noticed a lot of people complaining about this game and others.  I have noticed one common denominator with most of them and it is activision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't surprise me in the least. I might jump on and check out the new strike at some point but other than that I don't see the point. Other than flawless raider and a few crucible things there isn't anything I really haven't done.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 7:16:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Planning on 2 or 3 CoE runs tonight around 715-730 est if anybody wants in.

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll be back tomorrow. I fly in around 0300
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#19]
i just hid under the platforms and kept shooting him.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone want to run a CoE or nightfall?  I am just starting to get up and around since I got home this am.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I did the quests for Stillpiercer and Ace of Spades over the last few days. Man did Titans get the shaft when it comes to gunsmith weapons. AoS would be an amazing legendary but isn't worth the exotic slot over Hawkmoon IMO... But it's way better than Fabian Strategy. Stillpiercer is awesome...and Titans get the stupid Immobus.

I also got a 325 Apple of Discord with a good roll (max stability and Glass Half Full). I don't know what the deal is, but from rep packages I get nothing but pulse rifles with good rolls and hand cannons with terrible rolls. Still can't get a helmet over 304 to save my life. Still using a 200 light artifact on my hunter.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#25]
This came out last night...http://kotaku.com/leaked-poster-reveals-destinys-next-expansion-rise-of-1777705438
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This came out last night...Fify
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Anybody up for a raid tonight? I'll be on around 730 est
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll try. Not sure if I'll be on but will try. Might be getting dragged to the Overwatch release.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#29]
I got a Super Good Advice from an engram. I think it's pretty average - hard to control the recoil for sustained damage on bosses compared to my IB machine gun or Thunderlord. The ammo refund perk is nice though - especially using it to clear trash in closer quarters. In PvP the recoil makes it a little tougher to use at range, but it's still a machine gun. You aren't going to get out-gunned by a primary weapon or anything.

Iron Banner is back today. Control this time. Hoping to get a decent fusion rifle since I started messing around with them some in PvP recently (specifically The Vacancy).
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I played 20-25 games of IB today, and only won 5 of them. Idiots not capping flags, everybody and their brother sniping, hunters just jumping around like rabbits all over the map......god I hate the crucible. I wish they would just have team deathmatch for every iron banner.....thats what everyone wants to do anyway it seems like.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I've had alot of good games. More so than bad but when they were bad it was really bad. Not a ton of red bars or lag, here and there. Sometimes I just got my shit pushed in by better players/teams ni matter what I did or how good I was playing.

Couple times I was killed when I swore there was no way but it wasn't a crazy amount. It's online pvp so I expect it .

Drops have been bad for me. Only 1 335 fusion. Everything else was 334. Not counting the packages I ended up with

4 chest
2 fusion
1 glove
1 sidearm

I would say I played over 45 games between 2 toons

Last IB I think I had that many drops in 1/4 of the games.  RNG gonna RNG

I might play a little more later tonight after the hockey game, maybe get some more stuff for my titan
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My experience in this Iron Banana has been horrible for the most part.  I haven't really played any decent amount of Destiny PVP in at least a month, so I'm pretty bad now.  I wasn't great before, but I could at least generally hold my own, but now I'm terribad.

And all the annoying shit in PVP for some reason infuriates me even more now.  Dunno why.
View Quote

Same for me. I can generally hold my own, but I was terrible this go around. I don't know if it's because I'm only hovering around LL322 or what. I did get some decent gear, at least for what little it helped me level up. I didn't get any 335 stuff, think my 326 chest piece was the highest gear I got.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#37]
I stay away from PVP. i keep getting my face melted off.

I like my face.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:58:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Casey texted me to jump on and help him finish the nightfall. I got a crappy warlock bond and a single mote of light. It was in that moment that I realized I don't miss destiny at all and I logged right back off.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Same for me. I can generally hold my own, but I was terrible this go around. I don't know if it's because I'm only hovering around LL322 or what. I did get some decent gear, at least for what little it helped me level up. I didn't get any 335 stuff, think my 326 chest piece was the highest gear I got.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My experience in this Iron Banana has been horrible for the most part.  I haven't really played any decent amount of Destiny PVP in at least a month, so I'm pretty bad now.  I wasn't great before, but I could at least generally hold my own, but now I'm terribad.

And all the annoying shit in PVP for some reason infuriates me even more now.  Dunno why.

335 gear will only drop if your atleast 331 light. I've had about 10 pieces of gear drop from 334-335. I think the only annoying thing in pvp for me now is everyone running universal remote.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Ah, the Universal Remote. The shotgun with the range of a scout rifle.

I was killed by it a lot this time around, and it always seemed to be hunters. In fact, I was killed by a blinking hunter using one while throwing flaming hammers at him
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#43]
nice!
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
nice!
View Quote

I got fuckall from the Banner for loot, so I just started trolling people.  I think I got a better set of gloves and a pistol, and that was it other than rank packages.

So I made it my life to be a dick to other players when they were acting shitty.  One guy started teabagging, so I spent the rest of the game hunting him
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Started streaming this week. Twitch.tv/hammersmashd shall see how this goes
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:01:02 AM EDT
[#46]
ill follow you

my stream is twitch.tv/cmfarmer53
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:04:12 AM EDT
[#47]
So the big question is, are the streams monitized?  That'll change a lot of factors on making art for them.  Non-monetized I can just nab artwork and do my thing.  Monetized, I'll have to either make stuff from scratch or dig through creative commons images.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 5:19:55 AM EDT
[#48]
I'll follow you guys even though I never go on twitch anymore.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Gravititon - if you're good with shadestep, sure. If not or you don't really use it, kind of a waste. I don't use this personally, I like Sealed Ahamkara Grasps better.

Plan C - pretty good for a fusion rifle. Worth trying if you've got the coins to spare and don't have one.
View Quote

It's not often I get 2 exotics from Xur the same weekend, but I'm definitely grabbing these.  Sealed Ahamkara Grasps are fun, especially on a Gunslinger, but I've been wanting to try out the Graviton for a while.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top