User Panel

Page / 310
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dat assumption doe.

Weakest player needs to be be put on pillar #2 as he will always have #1 or #3 with him to assist with ogres and knights. Once relic has been grabbed it's time to get off the pillars and get to middle. Callouts on roaming knights are crucial but can easily be teamshot from the middle.

A Nightstalker running quiver & predator on ogre spawn locations 2-4 can also help.
View Quote
Yeah see this is where i've been argued with so may times in the raid.
So many people believe the weakest should run ads/ogres or the relic.. not true.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
So that's why you dicks put me on #2

edit: seriously though, if you need help on oryx, I'll bitch but will help if needed. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#5]
As the person who is usually the weakest player in any group I have done both pillar #2 and middle.  On the pillar I always ended up needing help from someone to drop the knight in time.  Of course that was my first run and I didn't know the exact spawn location to be able to aim in right as they spawned.  I found the middle easier and more fun as well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think the most forgiving/easy position is in the middle on ogre duty.  It's one of the more important roles in the team, but the least dangerous IMO. 
View Quote
That's a fair point but the other middle needs to be a true ogre slayer. A speedy relic runner is also important to get everyone off the pillars.

Remember the terrible "no knight" strategy where you could sit on the back of the platform in relative safety? Ogres being burnt fast and relic grabbed fast is what minimizes the whole fireteam exposure.

The entire fight is like a complex watch with moving pieces. Stresses me out just reliving the fight. I was looking up some 390 runs from some very good PVE players the other day and it looks like lots of them run their ogre slayers and bubble up on a Daughter's platform which may offer better protection and visibility on all 4 knights.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I think we found the solution is to let the guys in the middle get the ogres, and the pillar guys take out Knights opposite them as soon as they spawn up.  Sleeper works well on them too, but it's best to get them as soon as they crawl out and are standing still for a second.  Once they get running they're a tough kill.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't think 1K Yard Stare or Longbow has the impact to one shot them, but to be fair I stay the hell out of that raid so I don't know for certain. Last time I attempted it I was on a platform, and I thought Ex Machina left them with a sliver of health. 
View Quote
I've never used ex machina in that raid, mainly because i didn't have it the last time i ran it.

But both 1k and ldr one shot the knights. at least for me they did..

Shit... back in the day, I'd use the  orxy raid sniper and one shot them. But thems was different times.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#11]
The new Clan site is active and all admins should be re-instated.

If I forgot you, please let me know!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone interested in a Nightfall (or 2 or 3) before reset tonight?  All 3 burns along with daybreak sounds like a fun set of modifiers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 7:21:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is it, boys. Final Xur before D2. What a ride.  Mostly good times, some frustrating times, but we're here. Almost makes me a little misty in preparation for the new game. Anyways. 

Tower hanger, to the right as you go down the stairs. 

Legacy special, Ruin Wings, Shinobu's Vow, Purifier Robes, Plan C.
View Quote
It's been a great ride. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Never did a raid or night fall over 380 light sht still not at 400 oh well maybe on d2 ill get the chance and actually keep up wirh yall.... ha who am i kidding i get to play a couple hours on fri sat and some mondays lol.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Never did a raid or night fall over 380 light sht still not at 400 oh well maybe on d2 ill get the chance and actually keep up wirh yall.... ha who am i kidding i get to play a couple hours on fri sat and some mondays lol.
View Quote
You need to do a raid as it is one of the best experiences Destiny has to offer. We did a Normal Mode Wrath raid last Saturday night and would have picked you up no problem had we known. The new raid drops shortly after release so there should be plenty of opportunities.

ETA: I typically play on Sunday nights so maybe we could pull one together this weekend as a final sendoff.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]
This is my last weekend to try and beat Oryx on hard.  

Fuck yes..beat him on hard mode with some players that weren't eurotrash mouthbreathers.  The only achievement I'm lacking is flawless raider, but I don't think that's easily doabe with Crota being patched.
Page / 310
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top