User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya,  it's nice but honestly I'm done with it
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I've nuked my Xbox and going to sell everything. I've got some career goals for 2016 and feel like it's a distraction. Plus the wife absolutely despises it. Fortunately Destiny is in a bad place right now which makes it easier. 60 days ago I definitely had an unhealthy relationship with the game. It's amazing to look at the social/psychological engineering that went into the game to make it as addicting as possible.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Xbox one still has a battery level indicator somewhere unless to taken it out in the last couple dashboard updates
View Quote

It's back. Not obvious, but back.  I swear it was gone for a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've nuked my Xbox and going to sell everything. I've got some career goals for 2016 and feel like it's a distraction. Plus the wife absolutely despises it. Fortunately Destiny is in a bad place right now which makes it easier. 60 days ago I definitely had an unhealthy relationship with the game. It's amazing to look at the social/psychological engineering that went into the game to make it as addicting as possible.
View Quote

Nobody like a quitter.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone planning to play Iron Banner Clash next week?  I could really use the helm upgrade, and if the rocket launcher is decent I could use it too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone planning to play Iron Banner Clash next week?  I could really use the helm upgrade, and if the rocket launcher is decent I could use it too.
View Quote

Definitely.

GT is Maverick812
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to be out of town Thursday morning - Sunday afternoon, so I'll be grinding it hard Tues-Wed night and Sun-Mon night. I made rank 3, 4, and 5 in one night last month, though, so I'm sure it's doable.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:49:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Yay Iron Lagger is here. I dumped a whole mag from a Paleocontact  into someone's face and didn't kill them. Had a couple lag teleporters here and there too. Overall though it wasn't bad, and I've definitely seen worse.

Getting highest overall score for the weekly bounty is going to be tough. I already have the kill streaks and double kills done though. I was 100ish pts shy of first place earlier. I might've gotten first if I were playing Sunbreaker instead of Defender. No super kills makes me sad, but WoL + shotgun makes it easier to get the special weapon kills if you suck at sniping. Maybe I'll get lucky and land in first place before it's over.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I was out of town over the weekend and missed out on a Truth from Xur.  Last night I was on the receiving end of a couple in Iron Banner though.

Before I left town I had the game of my life and got the "win with top score" thing done for the weekly IB bounty.  23 kills and 7 deaths.  I don't know what happened, but everything just went my way that game.  5 kills on a single super (sunbreaker), at least 8-9 kill streak (super + Thunderlord), and a triple kill with a primary (Hung Jury) all in one game.

Got to rank 3 in IB last night and will have the weeklys done today to get to rank 5 pretty fast.  So far the only drop I've gotten is a 304 helm (big improvement from the 293 I was using).  I would really like a 300+ sniper with a decent pvp roll tonight, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I played Iron Banner yesterday just for the hell of it, got the rocket launcher up to 313 already with some creative infusion, and got a 313 Haakons Hatchet, or however you spell it.. Every time Pantheon came around, the team I was on just got steamrolled. Tryhards with snipers just take the fun out of the game on that map. I could barely get around a corner, and would get headshot immediately. Oh well, I got to level 5, so I'm done with that bs. Clash was a pretty good game mode.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I played Iron Banner yesterday just for the hell of it, got the rocket launcher up to 313 already with some creative infusion, and got a 313 Haakons Hatchet, or however you spell it.. Every time Pantheon came around, the team I was on just got steamrolled. Tryhards with snipers just take the fun out of the game on that map. I could barely get around a corner, and would get headshot immediately. Oh well, I got to level 5, so I'm done with that bs. Clash was a pretty good game mode.
View Quote

Whip out the year one weapons.  Aim assist on any of the new stuff doesn't hold a candle to something like an LDR or Praedyths Revenge.  Nothing like running around in the 290s owning faces with year 1 gear.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't get too hyped over the Iron Banner sniper. It does have a lot of aim assist, but it's a low impact/high ROF type sniper which is cool in 6v6 crucible, but if you play any 3v3 PVP, you're gonna want something with higher impact.

I'd almost go so far as to say spend your legendary marks with the cryptarch in the hopes of getting a Shortgaze/snap shot 1000 Yard Stare, and you'd have the best all around PVP sniper in the game.
View Quote

I might start gambling with the Cryptarch on a few engrams if I don't get the IB sniper.  The only snipers I have are a Black Spindle and Uzume somethingorother from a gunsmith package that has a decent enough PvE roll but sort of sucks for PvP (also only 283 light).  Actually none of my special weapons have very good PvP rolls.  I have to force myself to use specials to get the bounties, and I've had the best luck using a Jabberhakke-D that I got in a rep package.  It was 270-something so I infused it up to 290.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Got on for the first time in a month to help a buddy raid

I can say I missed nothing

Was so glad to get off of it after 30 minutes lol
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Rank 5 package was a 318 machine gun. I'm up to 305 now. Feel like that's about as high as it's getting without raiding. I only have 2 items under 300.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Got to Rank 5 on my titan in about 2 hours, might have had some medallions and bounties from the last IB to help. Ended up with a 320 Bretomart's Stand machine gun out of the Rank 5 package from salad bar himself. First 320 anything other than completing challenge modes in the raid.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That machine gun is fantastic.  If it weren't for cocoon on the raid machine gun, I'd use Bretomart's Stand for everything.  I never got to enjoy year one Jolder's Hammer in all its glory, by the time I got a Hammer field scout had been nerfed, but Bretomart's is the same thing.  It's my normal go-to PVP machine gun at the least.
View Quote

I'm gonna roll it or my other 320 raid mg into something, probably one of my swords. But....my time with Destiny is done for the foreseeable future with The Division next week. I'll wait for the spring update, plus I've also got 6 exotic engrams from playing IB waiting to be decrypted whenever that happens.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That machine gun is fantastic.  If it weren't for cocoon on the raid machine gun, I'd use Bretomart's Stand for everything.  I never got to enjoy year one Jolder's Hammer in all its glory, by the time I got a Hammer field scout had been nerfed, but Bretomart's is the same thing.  It's my normal go-to PVP machine gun at the least.
View Quote

I'd like it better if I'd gotten better perks than Guerilla Fighter and Grenadier, but it's OK. I like Thunderlord's perks better, but I've only infused it to 292 so far.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm not coming back until the next update/expansion.  And even then, who knows.  I've been having a lot of stress free fun playing Skyrim.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not coming back until the next update/expansion.  And even then, who knows.  I've been having a lot of stress free fun playing Skyrim.

Skyrim? Is that through Backwards Compatibility?
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Naw, I've been playing Skyrim on PC.

I've been keeping myself occupied with Blops 3 here and there on XBox, and when I get frustrated with that, I've got a huge backlog on my Steam account to mess around with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Skyrim? Is that through Backwards Compatibility?

Naw, I've been playing Skyrim on PC.

I've been keeping myself occupied with Blops 3 here and there on XBox, and when I get frustrated with that, I've got a huge backlog on my Steam account to mess around with.

Counter strike. Let's get on that quintin
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#33]
I didn't get the IB sniper last week, but last night I got a 1000 Yard Stare with Ambush, Lift Support (meh), Injection Mold, and Unflinching.  It's no Short Gaze + Hidden Hand "god roll", but I think it'll do.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#36]
For a n00b who started in year 2, what year 1 primaries would be worth getting just for the sake of messing around with them?  Am I correct that you can upgrade the ones with year 2 versions with legendary marks?  I might buy a couple engrams just to see what I get.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Suros Regime and Bad Juju. I already had the year 2 Suros Regime, but still a decent pair. Bad Juju seems fun - haven't messed with a full auto pulse rifle yet. Maybe I can get more coins saved up before tomorrow night. I was kinda hoping for a Thorn or Last Word.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, I hate that I missed the year 2 Mida when Xur had it. I don't have any more coins, and I'm not sure if I can farm another 31 in the next 36 hours. Who knows when Xur will have a primary engram again.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone up for helping with a Sleeper Simulant tonight?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Achlyophage Symbiote timer is terrible. They ruined such an awesome exotic.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#45]
hey someone a team member
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Anyone else done any PvP with the new matchmaking changes?  It's less laggy, but the competition can be quite inconsistent.  A couple games I'll get rocked and end with a 0.3-0.4 KD, then I'll have a couple games where I end with a 2-3 KD.  Earlier this week I had the worst KD I've had in months AND the best KD I've ever had in the same night.  I've been leveling a hunter by pretty much doing nothing but PvP.  Level 21 now and liking Blade Dancer a lot more than I expected.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I started a hunter mainly because I got tired of getting blink striked and arc bladed on my titan. I don't really like throwing knife, the gunslinger grenades (haven't unlocked trip mines yet), or golden gun.  I feel like Bladedancer is just better all the way around in PvP.

I feel like hunters have a way more interesting "neutral game" than Titans in PvP and after the hammer nerf probably have the best supers too.  I do enjoy playing Defender in some of the objective game modes though.

My warlock is only level 3, but I hate Sunsingers in PvP almost as much as I hated Bladedancers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top