Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm taking a break with my Hunter who is now at 309 and will concentrate on my newly created Titan. Is there a fast way to get his light up or do I need to play through all of the missions again?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm taking a break with my Hunter who is now at 309 and will concentrate on my newly created Titan. Is there a fast way to get his light up or do I need to play through all of the missions again?
View Quote

once you get the titan to 40. get some okay purple armor for the time being. play your hunter and stockpile blue armor engrams and decode on your hunter to the higher light level. transfer to your titan and infuse the blues into the titan purple armor.

if your going to be doing a lot of raids with the titan start the defender subclass first. it takes freaking forever to level a subclass now.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
it takes freaking forever to level a subclass now.

View Quote

This struggle is real.  I made a big dent leveling up Defender by using it in Iron Banner though.

I wish it was easier to bring vendor legendaries and exotics up to higher light levels.  I finally got a Hung Jury this weekend, and I now have about 7-8 pieces of gear that need to be infused.  The exotics are the worst, though, since I have 0 exotic shards.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Subclass leveling is terrible. I think the XP required is something like 400,000-450,000. There is the payable booster item that fully levels a subclass but it runs you $30. Depends on what your time is worth.

Recently all I have been doing (and enjoying) is grinding strikes and using coins. I had my first Grasp of Malok drop yesterday with a very average roll. Fire rate is insane. I would like to get a decent one to try for PVP. Still would like a Fatebringer-esque Imago Loop and a perfect PVE 1000 Yard Stare roll. I haven't touched my alternate characters in probably over a month.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

once you get the titan to 40. get some okay purple armor for the time being. play your hunter and stockpile blue armor engrams and decode on your hunter to the higher light level. transfer to your titan and infuse the blues into the titan purple armor.

if your going to be doing a lot of raids with the titan start the defender subclass first. it takes freaking forever to level a subclass now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the tips!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't even remember the last time I logged into destiny. 3 weeks maybe.

Just the aggravation of the raid has killed my motivation for the whole game. That's literally the only way to get high level weapons to put into the ones you actually like to use, but you get shards or a weapon lower than what your using. All that time for so little, or just crap rolls on the drops altogether. I love getting gloves with fucking fusion rifle loader, grenade throw and boots with more sidearm ammo over and over again.

it's fun to play when you have a good group but no matter how much fun it is, in the end your still getting a big steaming pile of shit for a rewards. Your 310+ and get a legendary engram? Heres a 275 chest piece for the 15th time or insert any other item you've gotten a dozen of with a piss poor roll.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea I'm pretty much done with the game
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yea I'm pretty much done with the game
View Quote

Kills me to say it, but unless the new head honcho at Bungie pulls a miracle out of his ass, the game is going down in flames.  So much potential too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I don't even remember the last time I logged into destiny. 3 weeks maybe.

Just the aggravation of the raid has killed my motivation for the whole game. That's literally the only way to get high level weapons to put into the ones you actually like to use, but you get shards or a weapon lower than what your using. All that time for so little, or just crap rolls on the drops altogether. I love getting gloves with fucking fusion rifle loader, grenade throw and boots with more sidearm ammo over and over again.

it's fun to play when you have a good group but no matter how much fun it is, in the end your still getting a big steaming pile of shit for a rewards. Your 310+ and get a legendary engram? Heres a 275 chest piece for the 15th time or insert any other item you've gotten a dozen of with a piss poor roll.

View Quote

You nailed it. To get the best gear you must grind the same event over and over again. This event also requires 5 other people and you need a few hours set aside to complete. All this for a CHANCE at good gear.

I'm still planning on playing as it's a beautiful game with amazing gun play/controls but it's going to take some truly fresh content to re-engage me seriously again.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah its going to have to be something amazing to get me to like it again. I just don't like to play it anymore.

I'm having lots of fun with BF4 shooting planes and helps with tanks and rockets. Then jihad jeep in around the map
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#12]
The Division arrives tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Division arrives tomorrow.  
View Quote

Servers won't be live for a month though.

Btw, I mentioned this in the Division thread.  Best Buy is doing a get 2 game cards, get 20% off the second.  So 2x $45+5 xbox credit bundles would be $81.  So get the gold edition for $20 off.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#14]
This may be a lost cause but I'm looking to grind the Omnigul strike tonight for a good Grasp of Malok drop. Does anybody want to join in on the misery?

The good thing is it is a quick grind: kill Omnigul on hill, wipe, and repeat. The bad thing is the abysmal drop rate on the weapon and then RNG on the perks.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Depending on what time you're on, I'd be up for it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Depending on what time you're on, I'd be up for it.
View Quote

Are you PS4 or X1? I'll be looking to start at 7.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#17]
XB1

I'm usually on around 7-7:30.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

XB1

I'm usually on around 7-7:30.
View Quote

I've added you. OU7RID3R here. We will look to start at 7:30 and grab one more off the 100.io.

We need to get you a NM raid completion and get you some good gear for 300+. I'd be willing to run one Thursday or Sunday night if we can get some other guys to help out. I believe it's Golgoroth challenge mode so we could get you a 310 piece of armor and hopefully some weapons along the way.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Sweet.  I should be able to play Sunday night for sure.  I'd really like to have the raid machine gun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I know the topic keeps coming back for it, but I wanted to pop in and say they are doing an open Division beta on the 21st for xbox, 22nd for everyone else.  I know Cam and a few others wanted in, so I wanted to post it here so they could see it.  Not sure if you need to sign up at the Ubi site or not though.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-open-beta-confirmed-xbox-one-players-/1100-6434639/
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Sweet.  I should be able to play Sunday night for sure.  I'd really like to have the raid machine gun.
View Quote

The next time Warpriest is challenge mode we need to get you in. You get a guaranteed 310 Special or Heavy.

I'll see if we can set something up for Sunday evening and have a nice leisurely NM raid.

If you haven't already sign up for the https://www.the100.io/ It's a scheduling and matching site for Destiny which makes it a great tool for pulling groups together for event.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, this is probably the best thing I've gotten from a Vanguard package.  Roll is OK for PVE, nothing special. Does put me at 300 light with my best stuff equipped.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#25]
No, it's from a package. It has Crowd Control, Performance Bonus, and Lightweight.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#26]
If anyone wants to play Crimson Doubles, I'm happy to run with them. GT is Maverick812.

I'm finding it to be pretty fun....for now.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If anyone wants to play Crimson Doubles, I'm happy to run with them. GT is Maverick812.

View Quote

Not having teams spawn with special ammo is a big improvement.  I think my friend and I only had one match where the team was camping with sniper rifles.

Teams will still camp but at least they have to kill you with primary or supers.   It's been fun so far.  We finished the 6 bounties last night and the highest piece of gear either one of us got was me with a 303 ghost.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Farming Omnigul for 2 hours was...interesting.  I still have that awful high pitched screech she makes echoing in my head lol.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not having teams spawn with special ammo is a big improvement.  I think my friend and I only had one match where the team was camping with sniper rifles.

Teams will still camp but at least they have to kill you with primary or supers.   It's been fun so far.  We finished the 6 bounties last night and the highest piece of gear either one of us got was me with a 303 ghost.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Icebreaker tho
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Icebreaker tho

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Icebreaker tho

Ha, didn't even think of that or see one.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Farming Omnigul for 2 hours was...interesting.  I still have that awful high pitched screech she makes echoing in my head lol.
View Quote

Haha. I can't say I'll be dying to do that again. Unbelievable that only 1 Grasp dropped the entire time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm not a big pvp person but I may try to hop on to see how it goes if you wanna run a few games maverick
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm not a big pvp person but I may try to hop on to see how it goes if you wanna run a few games maverick
View Quote

Yeah I'll be around tonight. I may be on FIFA, but just shoot me a message and I'll hop on Destiny.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll give it a try later Mav
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Sounds good.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017.

Only relevant content from the weekly update.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE THE OLD CONTENT USEFUL!  I'd farm my ass off for a set of upgradable VoG armor, even non elemental versions of the weapons.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just no. The old content was fun. Give me some more new shit to do. I can only do VOG, Crota or King's Fall so many times before I want to hang myself with my controller cable.
View Quote

I'm meaning as an extra, not as "just" the content.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just no. The old content was fun. Give me some more new shit to do. I can only do VOG, Crota or King's Fall so many times before I want to hang myself with my controller cable.
View Quote

Ew, your controller has a cable?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine has died in the middle of a Rift game. Grabbed the other controller and went back to it, but yeah I guess I can see it sucking in a raid.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's my try-hard nature coming out.  I've had a controller die a few times in the middle of something, especially early in the XB1's life when there was no battery indicator or low battery warning.  I play on a 24" monitor at my desk next to my PC, so I can leave my controller plugged up all the time.

I won't be the one that gets the fireteam killed and causes a wipe because my controller died.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ew, your controller has a cable?

It's my try-hard nature coming out.  I've had a controller die a few times in the middle of something, especially early in the XB1's life when there was no battery indicator or low battery warning.  I play on a 24" monitor at my desk next to my PC, so I can leave my controller plugged up all the time.

I won't be the one that gets the fireteam killed and causes a wipe because my controller died.

Yeah... so glad they took that controller battery indicator away with the NXOE "upgrade".  At least they left the "your controller battery is low" warning... if you notice it as it flashes by. </sarcasm>
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Skill gap in PVP amazes me. I played Crimson Doubles with Sandman and was doing very well. Played about 12 games and only had 1 game where I finished negative.

The other day I played a few games with my one buddy who has a 2.4 KD or something like that, and I was terrible. Felt completely incompetent for our team.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Xbox one still has a battery level indicator somewhere unless to taken it out in the last couple dashboard updates
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I've only noticed a battery indicator on the xbone home screens, not in the game anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Anybody up for some mindless story missions or strikes tonight or maybe tomorrow? I'm too sick to do anything that requires concentration right now lol.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Source: http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44361

Have you been playing Crimson Days, but have yet to score one of the Ghosts that we created for the event? Feedback has been unmistakable: the drop rate has been pretty low. We agree. We took a look at the data, and the number of Ghosts awarded has not been what we expected.

That's no way to tell you that we love you, so a fix is in the works.

Check it out:

After the event is over, we'll deliver Ghosts to the Postmaster
Anyone who has competed in seven matches will receive one
You had to actually compete though - no suicide pacts!
Your Ghost will be Chocolate or Crimson - the odds are even
320 Light will be guaranteed - the odds are totally in your favor
Packages will be addressed by account, not character
Qualifying players will receive their Ghost by February 23rd
If you've already put up the good fight in seven matches, you're on our list. If you want in on this, you still have time to earn your reward. Crimson Days comes to an end with the Weekly Reset on February 16th.

Grab a partner and throw down. We'll have something sweet for you when all is said and done - whether you win or lose.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Source: http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44361

Have you been playing Crimson Days, but have yet to score one of the Ghosts that we created for the event? Feedback has been unmistakable: the drop rate has been pretty low. We agree. We took a look at the data, and the number of Ghosts awarded has not been what we expected.

That's no way to tell you that we love you, so a fix is in the works.

Check it out:

After the event is over, we'll deliver Ghosts to the Postmaster
Anyone who has competed in seven matches will receive one
You had to actually compete though - no suicide pacts!
Your Ghost will be Chocolate or Crimson - the odds are even
320 Light will be guaranteed - the odds are totally in your favor
Packages will be addressed by account, not character
Qualifying players will receive their Ghost by February 23rd
If you've already put up the good fight in seven matches, you're on our list. If you want in on this, you still have time to earn your reward. Crimson Days comes to an end with the Weekly Reset on February 16th.

Grab a partner and throw down. We'll have something sweet for you when all is said and done - whether you win or lose.
View Quote

Nice of them to do that, but too little too late. Already deleted Destiny from my PS4.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top